perplexity rune, Dire set.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Could we remove perplexity rune and Dire set please? This is the cause of half the issues regarding balance in WVW. one main reason why people running solo is a ghost town.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

or you could add a trait to make physical damage bypass armor, protection buff then just make it deal X amount of damage with out been effected by precision and critical damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Physical damage is fine and bursts. It’s counter is armor.
Condition damage is damage over time and supposed to be doing just what it is. It’s counter is cleansing.

Not sure why people think condition damage is a problem. BTW, I play both.

Perplexity runes are a bit over the top. I suspect they won’t be after the patch.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Maybe general condition coverage is the problem in WvW, not these runes in particular. The skills you need to get a good condi cover are baseline to the class, and any conditions that you gain from runes (which are very few and far between, if any, in spvp) exacerbate that.

There’s also condition duration as a problem.

Try removing one condition from each of the condi-smothering classes first, add condition-applying runes to sPvP, and see what happens. Roughly speaking, I’m guessing it’ll be more or less an even deal for sPvP (it’ll change the game, but I don’t think it’ll be for the better or for the worse).

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

or you could add a trait to make physical damage bypass armor, protection buff then just make it deal X amount of damage with out been effected by precision and critical damage.

And protective skills now work (partially) retroactive and undo (some of) the damage taken the last couple of seconds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Even though I love using Dire on my Necro, yes I admit they should never have added it, its too good, and the reason for that being that Condition damage is like the only stat you need to deal damage with condition specs.

They are currently working on changing/balancing all of the useless rune sets/sigils so that patch will most likely fix the perplexity issue.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Dire has hard counters… dia skin and eng AR… and is cleansed very quickly in larger battles (conds are next to useless there).

You lose all on crit procs (no burning/bleeding/etc. on crit). This makes cleansing easier.

Perplexity isn’t what it used to be either. The icd makes it only do the confusion to one player (the problem with it before was that it had no icd and thus was only limited to the number of interrupts). There are other rune sets which are just (if not more) powerful as perplexity.

So what are we left with? Players that don’t take enough cond removal + don’t run in groups. I don’t feel bad about this. This is coming from a player that plays many classes regularly… some of which don’t have much cond removal.

The reason you don’t see many running solo is because of the res/rally system. It adds SO much extra just for outnumbering on top of already having more damage/cc/etc. (I beleive they called this sort of thing a “force multiplier” back in the day). If you want to see more roamers, that is what needs to be changed first.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Could we remove perplexity rune and Dire set please? This is the cause of half the issues regarding balance in WVW. one main reason why people running solo is a ghost town.

Actually, I think it’s the zerging that’s driving such solo roamers away, assuming that’s what you meant.

In any case, was their any particular build you were encountering? Some professions aren’t as apt to capitalize on the power of perplexity (I assume you were encountering some engineers).

I think the main reason why it’s strong isn’t the fact that it applies a decent amount of confusion though, it’s just that you can apply all those stacks for a long period of time. The runes can naturally be used to acquire a +100% confusion duration in conjunction with the +40% condi duration foods. This means the 6-piece bonus on the runes apply 5 stacks of confusion at 20 seconds potentially every 8 seconds, potentially making it the strongest “confusion” ability in the game.

I wouldn’t say it’s worth nerfing confusion as a whole though, because then it affects people who don’t use perplexity runes. I think it’s pretty likely they’ll reduce either the number of stacks or duration bonus (or both) in the rune/sigil balance pass in a few months. Personally, I’d like to see the runes provide frequent but short, low intensity applications of confusion. Right now you just dump a giant stack on people and let it go to work (assuming it’s not cleansed), but I think it would be more interesting if it applied tiny bits at a higher frequency

IMO they also need to look at the food consumables, but that’s in a different thread already.

As for the time being, you should see if your profession has a method of transferring conditions. Nothing like dropping 15 stacks of confusion back on the attacker and see them reduced to a whimpering puddle.