(pve) everything useless if....

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

my thought about the dps/useless support topic is really easy… anet can nerf dps as the want, they can also drop down 80% of our dmg, but the problem will never disappear if mob hit u 15k or alot of 5k in a few seconds… dps will ever be the best way…
no one need support team mate that heal you for 2k every 10 seconds if mob in those 10 seconds hit u for 40-50k… thats simply ridicoulus
its also useless if someone will go for full tougness/healing/vitality etc build and have more or less same power/precision/crit, survivability i have a full dps war and full support guardian, mobs/bosses will shot my war and guard w/o difference, and someone oneshot both… if i have to die i will ever choose the dps way cause the dps difference is huge and the real defence in this game is dodge, not toughnes no vitality no healing… dodge… so u can nerf all that u want but u will never change the dps way… u have to redesign pve fight, just changing the ammount of dps that mob/bosses do, slow down alot the endurance recharge dodge should be something special that u need for some bosses, and all dps in game should drop down, stop with that oneshotting or super shot that kill, no matter if u r zerk, cleric or soldier…

if u really wanna change this game this is the only way…

someone will hate my thought, cause they wanna farm everything they wanna feel pro doing big numbers or rush everything… but the truth is anet have to take this decision…. i love gw2 enviroment and gameplay, but this game is becoming annoying because you dear anet dont wanna solve the real problem

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

fixing pve requires changing mob AI to attack faster and have various weaknesses (so active damage mitigation/or stacking melee and direct damage isn’t enough in all situations), and re-scaling of support stats (mainly healing) and condition damage to actually matter in group play.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

add a Boon Power stat
my might stacks give 50 power instead of 35

building support stats no longer useless

in Profession Balance

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

add a Boon Power stat

I like it.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

add a Boon Power stat

It would be too op, as players like to go to extremes with certain stats in their builds, i can only imagine what would happen with ballance if someone would go to the extreme with Boon power.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

should be an idea… but the real problems imo is the power of support, if mobs hit so hard u will need a real healer for compensate it, but they dont wanna do it, its fine for me, but this means the better support you can have is from yourself dodging, so we are come back at start… everyone dps and think yourself… the only stuff u need as support is shield of avenger, wall of reflection, war banner, banner of discipline/strenght, feedback, timewarp, shadow refuge is nice for some part on fotm, but u can go full dps… there is no spot for bunker/support build, cause no one can support you as your dodge vs those mobs

if they redesign how mob hit you, and introduce some different mechanism all this should change…. my suggestion is drop down ALL dps from player and alot from npc, then make dodge really slow recharge, and make it something special that u dont need use everytime u can… so with lower dps we can kill anything, and we need some support guys for stay alive, and we know when dodge cause if we dodge in the wrong moment we dont have another one for a while, so its all about player skill and knowledge, and if someone make a mistake the support team mate can help us with some support skill/traits, w/o be oneshotted like now a full bunker will be

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Mobs use fast attacks and with charge animation a big one. So it’s a buff to confusion, retalation aswell aegis and blocks and blind.

Remove bleeding cap for condition builds.

Increase healing power ratios in pve by 100%.

would be a good start.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Pve issue:

1) mob hits you for like 14-50.000
2) mobs mindlessly charge to their targets
3) triggering off ranged attacks while in melee
4) DPS CHECKS mechanics <=

Solve the stacking zerker meta:
1) make mobs kite away from banners area and stacked parties…
2) reconsider mob dps and attack rate
3) balance guardian defensive support to be in line with other professions

What they did…

Random nerf to crit damage totally destroyng celestial set that has no role in the problem while not solving anything….

Why do we even talk about it….they decide and they never read warnings from players (they should ve thougt by themselves) when they are going to ruin something….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.