“too many rangers are using longbows"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

They need to increase the recharge on Rapid-Fire or lower the damage by 20%. That’s about it.

Oh really? Make it worse than what is was even before the reduced the casting time on it? That’s excellent, excellent balancing (not).
I’d rather take the old 4,5 second channel back then, but the skill is fine as it is now.

Rangers were find before. It’s was already a good WvW and PvP class. No class should have such burst damage skills at such long range. Right now Rapid Fire feels like the crit nerf never happen for that class.
Elementalists meteors were nerfed from 10k to 4k on full berserkers builds (60% nerf: crit nerf and meteornado nerf + aoe circle so you can dodge out). Backstab was nerfed from 12k to 7k with the crit nerf, yet rangers press 1 key and do 15k damage from a 1500 range.

It’s totally unneeded and unwanted, and another fail balance mistake to add to the list.

You might want to go test things out before throwing those numbers around

Clearly he knows what he’s talking about. I’ve hit eleventy billion with my rapid fires, this guy got off easy.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

and i thought “too many warriors are using longbows"

but anet loves the ranger profession much as always

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Now let me ask you:

" why there is too many rangers using longbow"

Because the Power Longbow Ranger in PvP is ridiculous. The damage is way too high for just 1 button. Let’s not even mention the range.

People say ‘dodge it’. Ok, but, longbow rapid skill is longer than one dodge. It’s the only channel skill (with CD!!!, so not talking about auto-attacks) afaik that does take more than one dodge. THAT’s what makes it unbalanced compared to other skills/builds. The DPS and the fact one dodge isn’t enough/doesn’t rly help + the short CD.

EDIT: third note is that channel skills like this should NOT follow in stealth, that also makes it too strong.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

(edited by Terrorsquad.2349)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Most conveniently put a blind eye other broken weapon choice of ranger, and whining about one single weapon, giving false fact, (15k at 1500 range L O L, dmg too high and kittens) All this due to their own incompetent to adapt on a new strategy against Ranger. You used to be able to ignore RF and let Signet heal you right Warrior? Now you are too stupid to just Lost of Sight.
When the lowest chain prey suddenly owning you, you scream and yell.

Sounds fun to own a Ranger in melee when you used to be 2 years ago and that is not broken?
2 hits with each 7k from a thief in stealth is not OP huh? Can’t disengage from fight as easily as it used to be eh Thief? Sick’em and you died, got furious and come to forum to whine eh?
You wear Berzerker’s Gear and expect to tank damage?
Longbow was even much more effective on a Warrior, isn’t that insane?

All these selective yelling on ranger is just pure drama. What Arena did on Longbow was rightfully balancing up the scale.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I don’t find it two OP, though it is annoying. And given their change, I don’t think that the “too many rangers using longbow” means “rangers using longbow is bad”. Hopefully they buff other weapons instead and slightly tweak longbow or other classes to better handle this new ranger meta, but not nerf the meta itself.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If Rapid Fire decreased in damage as distance increased, that would tone down the damage and make it more realistic. In real life, damage decreases with distance and drastically decreases with sloppiness like trying to fire a bunch of arrows as fast as possible without much aiming.

Ranger needs more interesting, Ranger-like options for close in fighting more than a buff to the long bow.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

If Rapid Fire decreased in damage as distance increased, that would tone down the damage and make it more realistic. In real life, damage decreases with distance and drastically decreases with sloppiness like trying to fire a bunch of arrows as fast as possible without much aiming.

Ranger needs more interesting, Ranger-like options for close in fighting more than a buff to the long bow.

The buff to the longbow was required to make the weapon functional.

S/D and S/T still remain by far the best choices the ranger has available. Glassy Longbow is a build that especially in sPvP kills a lot of sub-par players. It’s only really strong on those who really know the class (which usually means the players who swap to their melee sets when they should) in open-field combat against certain classes and builds. Otherwise, the weapon overall has remained largely unchanged and underwhelming. It’s why there’s not one pro player utilizing it, yet you do see the odd S/D ranger every so often in some matches.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I absolutely love glass cannon long bow rangers. Reflecting rapid fire makes me smile every single time. It has the double benefit of doing no damage to me, while doing large damage to them because they have a lack of toughness in those glass builds.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I still way prefer Warrior Longbow to Rangers LB. I have to say besides d/d ele, War LB is my fav weapon

in Profession Balance

Anchoku.8142

LB needed a buff but increasing damage for all distances was not the right thing to do. All ranged projectiles should have reducing damage formulas based on distance.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Michiel.3608

Michiel.3608

This: "You wear Berserker’s Gear and expect to tank damage? " – yLoon

Maybe one day everyone will see that full berserker gear isn’t the “end all” choice…

I can’t really comment on the other weapons, been using LB/SB since game launch but like some said, some of the weapons is a little useless. I sometimes use GS but just for the movement of #3.

Before they try to balance the ranger, they should keep in mind the versatility of this class. I myself play the ranger to be an ARCHER… if I wanted to be a melee char I would have played a warrior. There is so many play styles for the ranger, if they buff one part the rest will fall off.

On the Rapid Shot thing… I mean come on… This game is not WoW-ish were you do a rotation an that’s it… you got to adapt in combat… each class do have multiple ways to handle RS. Its not OP… not saying L2P, but come on…

I think the main issues aren’t the skills themselves but the gear meta…“berserkers or gtfo”

just my opinion.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Funny thing they don’t complain when “Too many warriors use Healing Signet” in fact now they encourage it’s use from the beginning.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Well English is not my first language and I typed all these from my phones.
So apology ahead if I typed funny language.(oh also appreciate my android auto-spell function :p)

Wow, I’m impressed. On your phone in a non-native language? Well done!

And I happen to feel that LB is not OP, but hey, that’s just me and I’m hardly the expert on the subject. I am willing to fall on my knees and pray to The Six, though, that we don’t see my weapon of choice tweaked too much, if at all!

<—- lifelong Ranger.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The animation before the knockback helps a lot.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

So apology ahead if I typed funny language.(oh also appreciate my android auto-spell function :p)

And I happen to feel that LB is not OP, but hey, that’s just me and I’m hardly the expert on the subject. I am willing to fall on my knees and pray to The Six, though, that we don’t see my weapon of choice tweaked too much, if at all!

<—- lifelong Ranger.

First off, sorry for going off topic;

Aside from feeling refreshed by a Red-Post within the Balance subsection, I am not too sure whether it was a smart thing to say that you are a “lifelong Ranger” since people here have a thirst for Dev-Responses, and some might assume there is a bias towards Rangers because of it =/

I’d personally just stuck with the compliment – that way you can avoid potential awkward questions or “verbal assualts” and claims of bias… This is of course the way I see it, and is subjected to change

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I think it’s fine as long as players understand that Gaile is a community manager. She isn’t in charge of class balancing and even admits that she’s not an expert on it. I personally find it refreshing that she’s willing to acknowledge her class preference. As for verbal assaults and claims of bias, let’s face it. People are going to do that any way. I’d rather have a community manager that sounds off on her opinion than one that’s silent in hopes of avoiding ignorant confrontations.

As for the subject at hand, I feel the change is good, however, this is the opinion of an accomplished and sadistic mesmer. I have more reflections than Glint’s lair. I soon acknowledged the new threat and how to better utilize my skills. My reward is enemies that kill themselves for me.

in Profession Balance

GoogleBrandon.5073

I think it’s fine as long as players understand that Gaile is a community manager. She isn’t in charge of class balancing and even admits that she’s not an expert on it. I personally find it refreshing that she’s willing to acknowledge her class preference. As for verbal assaults and claims of bias, let’s face it. People are going to do that any way. I’d rather have a community manager that sounds off on her opinion than one that’s silent in hopes of avoiding ignorant confrontations.

Well we know that, but this is the balance subforum we talk about :P

I am just a bit 50/50 on whether it was a smart move or not… We all want some more interaction between Developers and us, but there are some who do not appreciate some Developers, or in this case a Community Manager, showing their love for their class, despte it not intended in any harmful way…

Transparency is hard in the Balance Subforum… Again, I find it refreshing to see a red post, but I am a bit “worried” of what might happen… I remember last class CDI, and the Rangers “claiming their victory” – it was followed up by a huge amount of negativity amongst nearly all classes and people accusing Devs for class bias (for a communal vote mind you), even though it was not intended that way…

This being said, if she wants to set an example, then I would invite more people from Anet comming on over, and support their favourite classes – because I am personally all up for having a “Face” for every class, despite their knowledge of balancing or not
You know, someone to talk to and with, and not feeling like talking to a white wall with some black text

And I should probably make my own topic if I want to discuss this further – I am just showing a slight concern I have :P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

There isn’t that many longbow rangers out there in wubwub anymore if you compare the numbers to the tsunami wave that was out and about after the patch hit. Of course everyone wanted to try it out but now most of the people have gone back to their other classes/builds when they realized that as fast as a glassy LB ranger can take you down all you have to do is to sneeze at the ranger’s general direction and they’ll drop dead.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Bold move for making a red thread O.o

I salute you life-long ranger and hope that you can prevent senseless nerfs to a non-existent problem. Honestly if more people or you (anet) directly posted counters to then numerous “op” mechanics to let people know that there is hope if they’re willing to better themselves. Some will get better, few will continue to Q.Q but every bit helps.

Ultimately, the thief community can maybe continue to avoid nerfs too due to forum Q.Q ?

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Well we know that, but this is the balance subforum we talk about :P

I am just a bit 50/50 on whether it was a smart move or not… We all want some more interaction between Developers and us, but there are some who do not appreciate some Developers, or in this case a Community Manager, showing their love for their class, despte it not intended in any harmful way…

Transparency is hard in the Balance Subforum… Again, I find it refreshing to see a red post, but I am a bit “worried” of what might happen… I remember last class CDI, and the Rangers “claiming their victory” – it was followed up by a huge amount of negativity amongst nearly all classes and people accusing Devs for class bias (for a communal vote mind you), even though it was not intended that way…

This being said, if she wants to set an example, then I would invite more people from Anet comming on over, and support their favourite classes – because I am personally all up for having a “Face” for every class, despite their knowledge of balancing or not
You know, someone to talk to and with, and not feeling like talking to a white wall with some black text

And I should probably make my own topic if I want to discuss this further – I am just showing a slight concern I have :P

I think it’s good that a Devs play different classes other than warrior :P

in Profession Balance

Anchoku.8142

Being able to engage at long range, do decent damage, then be the first to disengage with a pet running interference is cheese compared to what other professions risk for damage like that.

LB is not as OP as much as it promotes lazy. There are other skills in a few professions like that, too, so Ranger is not alone. I am not a fan of skills that allow players to do spike damage and run away. It is one thing to use it in PvP and another in WvW where there may be too many things going on at once and PvE where most bosses punish front-liners much more heavily.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I am not a fan of skills that allow players to do spike damage and run away.

You are literally describing how every zerk build is played…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

I am not too sure whether it was a smart thing to say that you are a “lifelong Ranger” since people here have a thirst for Dev-Responses, and some might assume there is a bias towards Rangers because of it =/

Why should she be concerned with that? Posters here make completely illogical and uninformed assumption, on daily bases. They make rabid claims of accusation with no basis. If I was an Anet employee, I would hardly be concerned with what the player base thought of what my main was. Particularly since it is all fairly common knowledge anyway. They all WvW and PvP or openly discuss who like to play what profession, in the various forms of communication. What you call bias opinions, I call informed and experienced opinions. Particularly when compared to the masses who never played a profession, yet claim to be able to tell how hoe it is too strong.

I’d personally just stuck with the compliment – that way you can avoid potential awkward questions or “verbal assualts” and claims of bias… This is of course the way I see it, and is subjected to change

Why should the highest authority of the forums worry about verbal assaults? That problem is literally a click a way from a permanent solution solution for anyone who would do so.

Being able to engage at long range, do decent damage, then be the first to disengage with a pet running interference is cheese compared to what other professions risk for damage like that.

Aww how cute. Someone used a buzzword and actually believes it gives there opinion more weight. All you did, is describe in my mind, Exactly how I feel ranger should be used. By the way, how long have you played ranger?

LB is not as OP as much as it promotes lazy.

Care to define what "promoting lazy means? Is it anything like ending a sentence with an adjective and forgetting the subject noun of your intent? How do you determine what is lazy? Some would say spending more time complaining about a non over powered weapon then you spend learning to deal with it is the most lazy.

There are other skills in a few professions like that, too, so Ranger is not alone. I am not a fan of skills that allow players to do spike damage and run away. It is one thing to use it in PvP and another in WvW where there may be too many things going on at once and PvE where most bosses punish front-liners much more heavily.

Wait. I see you have posted in over 7 threads, complaining and arguing that you want more stability and escapes/mobility for the necro, because they “cannot get away”……………Yet now you claim you hate that the notion exist? Why? Because someone else can do it? How do they run away? Your a necro, play it right and CC them and close the gap.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Profession Balance

GoogleBrandon.5073

I am not too sure whether it was a smart thing to say that you are a “lifelong Ranger” since people here have a thirst for Dev-Responses, and some might assume there is a bias towards Rangers because of it =/

Why should she be concerned with that? Posters here make completely illogical and uninformed assumption, on daily bases. They make rabid claims of accusation with no basis. If I was an Anet employee, I would hardly be concerned with what the player base thought of what my main was. Particularly since it is all fairly common knowledge anyway. They all WvW and PvP or openly discuss who like to play what profession, in the various forms of communication. What you call bias opinions, I call informed and experienced opinions. Particularly when compared to the masses who never played a profession, yet claim to be able to tell how hoe it is too strong.

Why should the highest authority of the forums worry about verbal assaults? That problem is literally a click a way from a permanent solution solution for anyone who would do so.

Transparency sake… Again, all subforums and classes want their attention, but one red post with someone declaring their dedication towards one class, despite not being part of the balance team, might end up in a lot of people holding onto this very comment as a “proof of bias” – which is how this community reacts about pretty much anything related with Red-Posts in the balance forums…
You can report those who use foul language maybe, ignore those who make false claims, but it won’t stop people from begrudging a team for a single post, how out of context those might have been…

You might be thinking “It is none of her concern” and quite frankly, it isn’t… What is her concern though is that, community wise, this can either help or cripple the community massively, because if she were to be the only one declaring her dedication towards one class as a “representative” for communication, then people from other classes will feel left in the dark and they will claim bias, ending up in begrudging anything that has to do with balancing since they feel as if Anet is prioritizing classes… Again, same thing happened with the freaking CDI, which broke more than it fixed… I mean, communication between Anet and classes have been one sided ever since, and my bet would be is managing the “communal distrust” that it made…

Agree or disagree with me, but the simple fact that I am doubting this move is already proof enough that it was “risky” – else I, and apparently some other people within this thread, would have said nothing about it…
But, if you really want to discuss this in detail, I’d propose to settle this in a seperate thread not in this forum, or even this post, because I am once more going off-topic… You can send me a PM if you feel the need to and I’ll set up the thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

In PvP, almost all weapons are viable.

• Sword
  • Torch
  • MH axe
  • Dagger
  • Longbow
  • Shortbow
  • Greatsword

are all weapons I use consistently. I rarely use warhorn or offhand axe.

Since you are mainly talking about PvE, the PBS telling nerf isn’t going to effect you in any way.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

The animation before the knockback helps a lot.

This. I’m okay with rangers melting me with RF now, as long as I know that if I time things right I can get to them if I so choose.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

<—- lifelong Ranger.

Our Queen has spoken.

Seriously though, quit trying to kitten us back to oblivion with all the nerfs.

-Short Bow to OP QQQQ anet nerfs it to hell
-Spirit Build to OP QQQQ anet nerfs it to hell
-Knock Back to OP QQQQ anet adds an animation

I say all the rangers of GW2 unite and start pointing out all the OP on Thieves and Warriors. Lets see how they feel if anet decided to start nerfing the kitten out of all of their stuff every patch. Maybe, that will make them shut up and be thankful they have had the attention they have had for so long.

<—— Life long Ranger as well. But not as cool as Gaile

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

I was on my engineer last night. I noticed two rangers together on a ledge. Both were wearing what I surmise, was full zerker gear. I ran towards them, and both of them fired Point Blank Sot with in a second of each other. I popped my stun breaker then hit magnetic shield (The #4 shield skill that is a 3s reflect for those not familiar with the engineer), and did 10,800 damage to one and 12,700 damage to the other.

Does doing 23,500 direct damage in 2.5 seconds with full rabid gear make the engineer OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

<—- lifelong Ranger.

Our Queen has spoken.

I say all the rangers of GW2 unite and start pointing out all the OP on Thieves and Warriors. Lets see how they feel if anet decided to start nerfing the kitten out of all of their stuff every patch. Maybe, that will make them shut up and be thankful they have had the attention they have had for so long.

its more thieves than warriors. warrior mobility is still an issue and thief SA stealthing is an issue as well.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

<—- lifelong Ranger.

Our Queen has spoken.

Yeah…thanks, more nerfs to warrior…yay…. – . -

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Whoa, I make a casual comment and look what happens!

I love Rangers. I have loved Rangers since my first online game, where she was called a Rogue and ran around killing a huge red demon in a dark, dark dungeon. You might remember the title… Hey, I had an NPC named after me in its second installment!

I don’t think anyone honestly believes my character preference will have one iota of influence on the dev team doing what the dev team needs to do. I mean, it’s a fun theory, but things just don’t work that way. No one would ever seriously suggest “Oh, don’t make that change, Gaile will get cranky!” Honestly, I’m one of millions of players — every dev is one of millions of players — and we don’t tilt things to suit our personal likes and dislikes.

So don’t worry if I play Ranger, or if another dev plays Mesmer or Guardian or Elementalist or… you follow my drift. The team does what it does for the overall good of the game.

I play a profession that can have ups and downs as far as her power and abilities, but in the end, I make the most of her strengths, try to learn to work around her weaknesses, and just generally have a blast.

Just like any other player.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Profession Balance

Anchoku.8142

This snip does not bear repeating. However, I have a lot of respect for GoogleBrandon’s opinions. He did not deserve your criticism and I feel he is entirely correct in that Arenanet personnel should be aware of what even minutia in their posts will mean to forum users. Please learn to tolerate those with differing opinions from your own and properly express your reasoning if you wish to argue your point.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I play a profession that can have ups and downs as far as her power and abilities, but in the end, I make the most of her strengths, try to learn to work around her weaknesses, and just generally have a blast.

Some people like build A, but other people may not like it and can’t adapt or maybe something is wrong with build A that can be adjusted but most of the time it’s flat out nerfed.

It seems like a lot of times its from a large voice that reaches those “1 in a million” dev’s and word reaches down to the rest which ultimately leads to some very questionable changes. Not all are bad, but enough have been made to where it doesn’t feel like the right calls are being made on top of being very slow. I’d love to go back to enjoying this game but it almost seems like most of the dev’s don’t care.

I find it hard to explore a profession’s strengths when half of the traits are pointless and people run cancerous builds that are in need of balance.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

GoogleBrandon.5073

This snip does not bear repeating. However, I have a lot of respect for GoogleBrandon’s opinions. He did not deserve your criticism and I feel he is entirely correct in that Arenanet personnel should be aware of what even minutia in their posts will mean to forum users. Please learn to tolerate those with differing opinions from your own and properly express your reasoning if you wish to argue your point.

Haha, first of all, thanks for the support – though I can inform you that we settled the matter in Personal Messages where we both agreed on parts… Basically, what he said is also true, since Gaile should not worry about what she posts in here, as someone who is not part of the balancing team

True, I should not go for the off-topic and just directly made a personal thread

Luckily, a while back I did make a thread on the matter, so I will respond within this thread and talk a bit more about the matter – after all, I do not want to derail this discussion more than it has already

Please do read and give your thoughts on the matter!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

So don’t worry if I play Ranger, or if another dev plays Mesmer or Guardian or Elementalist or… you follow my drift. The team does what it does for the overall good of the game.

We all know that devs don’t play Mesmer )

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I love Rangers. I have loved Rangers since my first online game, where she was called a Rogue and ran around killing a huge red demon in a dark, dark dungeon. You might remember the title… Hey, I had an NPC named after me in its second installment!

I don’t think anyone honestly believes my character preference will have one iota of influence on the dev team doing what the dev team needs to do. I mean, it’s a fun theory, but things just don’t work that way. No one would ever seriously suggest “Oh, don’t make that change, Gaile will get cranky!” Honestly, I’m one of millions of players — every dev is one of millions of players — and we don’t tilt things to suit our personal likes and dislikes.

Just like any other player.

Hmmm… Was that game the Diiiiii….
Die Hard Trilogy? Nah, no demons.

Hmmm, red demon inside a dark dungeon, an NPC named after you in the sequel.

Hmmmm…

Diiiiii…
Diddy Kong Racing? Nah, not a demon....

Oh yes, Diiiiii…
Diablo. It had a red demon and it certainly had dark dungeons. It also had a sequel that coincidentally had a rogue named Gaile. So you were playing with what I guess to be a bow wielding rogue fighting off The Butcher? I wouldn't know, even if I had a Frozen Orb Sorceress.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Go Gaile Gray!
It’s always nice to see a red name and knowing they are present and read things despite the usual silence.

Props to you
and p.s. don’t worry about some of the cray cray posts.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

LULWUT!? People are actually insinuating that Anet has any iota of preference for the Ranger class?

Did you people install yesterday or something?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

and some might assume there is a bias towards Rangers because of it =/

That bit made me laugh out loud.

-Remembers the 2 years Rangers had to endure at the bottom of the barrel-

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They need to increase the recharge on Rapid-Fire or lower the damage by 20%. That’s about it.

Oh really? Make it worse than what is was even before the reduced the casting time on it? That’s excellent, excellent balancing (not).
I’d rather take the old 4,5 second channel back then, but the skill is fine as it is now.

Rangers were find before. It’s was already a good WvW and PvP class. No class should have such burst damage skills at such long range. Right now Rapid Fire feels like the crit nerf never happen for that class.
Elementalists meteors were nerfed from 10k to 4k on full berserkers builds (60% nerf: crit nerf and meteornado nerf + aoe circle so you can dodge out). Backstab was nerfed from 12k to 7k with the crit nerf, yet rangers press 1 key and do 15k damage from a 1500 range.

It’s totally unneeded and unwanted, and another fail balance mistake to add to the list.

Done that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

We need a dev that plays necromancer and see if they get taken out of coma status.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yay .. i also played a rouge in that game, that was also my first online game

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Rouge is actually Red in French, I guess that’s not a class from that game m8

#ELEtism 4ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Oh yeah rogue of course .. i know as a german that is a typo i always make since years and maybe never will learn

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Profession Balance

STRanger.5120

Oh yeah rogue of course .. i know as a german that is a typo i always make since years and maybe never will learn

Don’t worry about that, there’s plenty of ppl doing this mistake, and some of them are even arguing about being right
Some words are really weird, attracting mistakes like this more than the other

#ELEtism 4ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

We all know that devs don’t play Mesmer )

They dont play necro either dont worry

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

in Profession Balance

Posted by: niconori.7235

niconori.7235

Done that.

I call this bs. Misrepresentation of actual numbers on different targets with different buffs.

The other day i just hit 9-10k meteors, of which a 2nd fell right immediately on top of the poor ele and downed him instantly, 2 hits19k dmg. These glassy lights are the kind that will probably get hit 15k by rapid fires.

Overall i think this is a fair trade off though. A full glass ele can dish out insane amount of damage on a zerg. But if one thinks that he can get away with it, he had better be fast on his fingers. High risk high reward.

And rapid fire doesn’t deal 15k damage. Even if it does have the potential to do so, rarely would u get hit by all 10 arrows.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

They just need to increase the cooldown on rapid shot or make it the skill #5
Something so that skill need to be safed for a secure shot and not spamming it every 8 secodns..

Or while they cast Rapid Fire the cant move like 100b

Playing pvp with a power ranger is a joke , isnt funny just press 2 to win , 4 in case

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

So I’m leveling characters on a new account and decided to take my level 45ish ranger into WvW last night. I set it up with condi gear and started roaming. I ran into longbow rangers on 2 separate occasions and absolutely wrecked both of them in 1v1 fights. This was with 1100ish toughness, 1700ish health and around 1300 condi damage, with no condi duration food.

If my glassy as hell uplevel can take out a longbow ranger they are not over powered.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Profession Balance

STRanger.5120

Ppl just need to realize a few things. Everybody with a brain knows what I mean.

So basically, some ppl just need to get a brain

#ELEtism 4ever