turrets = poor man's phantasms?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

they dont move, dont follow the target. their damage is probably lower than that of phantasm’s. and they have way longer CD’s.

is engi 2nd grade citizen?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Seens that you are quite new to the game. Welcome to GW2

I could ask the person below me to post some updated videos of Eng gameplay, it will prolly change your idea on engies.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

Turrets work as part of a build, turrets have a higher rate of fire, and it’s used in certain situations. Most people use turrets with rifle, and cleric stats. Making them really hard to kill and the constant dmg from the turrets wears people off quite fast.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

well turrets are immune to condition damage if ’m not mistaken. Turrets offer more utility then phantasms. Also turrets are blast finishers.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

gesho.9468

Seens that you are quite new to the game. Welcome to GW2

I could ask the person below me to post some updated videos of Eng gameplay, it will prolly change your idea on engies.

i’m not talking of engies, but of turrets.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Have you ever tried a burst build with rocket turret and increased range on point? It’s great. All you have to do is evade your enemy while the rocket turret bursts ’em down. ;D

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Phantasms only live as long as the target. Turrets persist for 5 minutes until death. Because of this, some well placed turrets can be extremely potent.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Turrets are in essence designed for siege, particularly for the defensive side.

And ANet has a vendetta going on overt bunkers…

It is one of those paradoxes of this game.

in Profession Balance

gesho.9468

@viking yes, i’ve been running 3 x turret (rocket, rifle, flame) mostly power build (with about 400 condi dmg hybrd) with most of turret traits for a week now. its good in capping mode, but otherwise its very clanky. even if you have to move to another node, takes forever to gather all turrets and even then rocket turret will be well off the cd when you’ll be entering another combat.

but while on the node it gives 1.2k reliable dps from turrets alone. roughly 1/3 of it is condi, so power-condi mixture dmg melts pretty much everyone. and then one can deliver usual rifle rotation on the top of it.

overall, if rocket cd was lower (even through trait) i wont complain.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

Oh yeah, phantasms follow the target… right into any and all AoE with their wet paper health and armor, at the lowest in-game speed, often standing in confusion staring at stairs and any small hills.

Anyway, turrets are for bunkering down and area control, so basically PvP or defensive situations. And yes, they’re not that good overall. Hoping for some turret love soon.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

they dont move, dont follow the target. their damage is probably lower than that of phantasm’s. and they have way longer CD’s.

erm sorry but u have strong other attacks. your aa is strong and an engi can hit like a truck. mes cant as our aa is terribly weak cause phantasms are our dps.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

erm sorry but u have strong other attacks. your aa is strong and an engi can hit like a truck. mes cant as our aa is terribly weak cause phantasms are our dps.

This is exactly what every person complaining about phantasms seems to forget.

People should look at it this way:

Mesmer presses a skill = phantasm needs to spawn => phantasm needs to get in range of target => phantasm deals damage => probably will not be around to do a second attack.
( phantasms and shatter are our only source of real damage , and we can only have 2 maybe 3 phantasm skills )

Other proffessions press a skill = instant damage ( probably even more then a phantasm could do and on a shorter cooldown then the phantasms )
AND they got way more then 2-3 skills that can do real damage.

So conclusion other professions have instant “phantasms aka real damage skills” and way more of them.

If a phantasm can hit you 2 twice , than its the opponents fault for not hitting it once.

Sadly no1 other then people that have played mesmer before realize this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MercilessLemurs.7459

MercilessLemurs.7459

Turrets in my opinion are best used for soft cc and their blast finishers. Very good in pvp. And no, I think everyone agrees engies rock all aspects of this game.

in Profession Balance

gesho.9468

Turrets in my opinion are best used for soft cc and their blast finishers. Very good in pvp. And no, I think everyone agrees engies rock all aspects of this game.

i am curios about this. i’ve tried them both, for healing and might combos. but i feel their straightforward use (rocket, rifle, flame damage) is better.

what will you get out of blasts? 12 might (with rifle#5). great, but then what will you use it on? rifle aa is lackluster. #3 and #5 – not very reliable. and worse off, those turrets are in a long haul CD. i dont think one can get its money worth out of blasts. in a very timed play, may be flame turret with short cd can be blasted, but rocket turret for 6o sec cd blast is useless.

on the other hand, working traited turret triple is 1.2k reliable dps. you can hide behind the wall and once in a while run rifle rotation on the target. imo this is superior to blasts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Its like people keep forgeting that turret get blasted off on very first aoe that oponent will drop on that turret. They can deal good damage ONLY if they survive long enough to do so. The only turret that can be placed and can last long(for 4-6 enemy hits) is thumper turret but than again its not damage dealing turret and have freaking long cd.
Turrets dont scale with player stats so no matter what build player will use turrets will be always the same, damage, armor and HP wise, exeption is if you use trait that reduce damage to them.

In the end almost all turrets users only use them as blast finisher or for SD build.

Did you ever placed Healing turret on the ground and only used its overcharge as main heal(something around 3k hp) during the fight, never picking it up throu the whole fight?

Currently i only use turrets as boons dispensers placing them somewher in my reach but far a way from enemy sight and range, and hoping that they will never go after them, of course like that they will never hit anything.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Mesmers are restrained on phantasms and are heavily dependent on them.

Engineers can choose to use turrets or other utilities (like I don’t know? How about the more useful kits?)

Simple logic…..

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone