which class is good for roaming

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RushandCash.7835

RushandCash.7835

i want to play roaming alone which class will be good for roaming?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Roaming alone in PvE? Warrior (GS+Hammer, Hammer/Mace+Shield(my fave), GS+Rifle)

Roaming alone WvW? Thief

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Profession Balance

RushandCash.7835

Roaming alone in PvE? Warrior (GS+Hammer, Hammer/Mace+Shield(my fave), GS+Rifle)

Roaming alone WvW? Thief

thanks i mean in wvw

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dreary Yew.5187

Dreary Yew.5187

Thief.

Flatten even the tankiest enemies in 3 seconds, and always be able to run away. The ultimate kitten class.

[STUN] Guardian and Altoholic
i7 4770k Haswell 4.8GHz GTX 780 16Gb DDR3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Thief.

Flatten even the tankiest enemies in 3 seconds, and always be able to run away. The ultimate kitten class.

Videos or it didn’t happen.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Don’t believe people on the Thieves. The ones who can actually flatten groups of classes or the tankiest Warriors and Guardians are a rare breed, and those types exist for every profession. Hiding on the other hand is easy, and people will always complain about it being perma stealth. That’s why Thief is good for WvW roaming. Lots of stealth opportunities so you can /wave at the opposing zerg running by. Roaming and being a pain in the kitten is what I live for in WvW on my Thief. Ambushing and disappearing even without getting a kill to troll people is fun, and it always brings the tears on the Thief forum xD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Thief. Story ends.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Thief. Mesmer might still be a good second if you prefer to harass the enemy (Buahahahah! Ninja cap of supply camp, now to escape into my portal and have stealth ready in case the enemy gets near my hidey-hole…)
Little beats stealthed thieves for freedom of movement through enemy territory, and for that, Thief is King.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Thief for trolling noobs, Mesmer for winning fights.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

WvWvW roaming im assuming, because if its PvE roaming, pretty much anything…unless you’re doing dungeons, but thats not realy roaming now is it….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Profession Balance

RushandCash.7835

thank you for reply. i heard backstab thief got nerf. still thief is best for roaming?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Thief. They can simply reset and escape any fight they can’t win. If you are looking to roam to take yaks, camps, harass a BL it is the way to go. One thief can tie up 4-5 people at a supply camp who really should be doing other things.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Pretty much any class can roam, since they can all be built for 1v1 / 1v2 fights and be good at it (guardian is probably the hardest but a DPS guard can work).

Its easy to avoid larger groups / zergs on any class, thats more a l2p and watch your surroundings issue than a speed / stealth thing.

The main advantage thieves (and PU mesmers, to an extent) have is that they can go into more risky situations and escape from them much more easily (such as going to take a camp which is far from any of our towers or stomp someone whos close to a larger group).

In terms of actually fighting though, I wouldnt say theres much difference between the classes. Thieves kill quickly which makes them good at killing zerglings (being who are built for zerg fighting and arent used to / good at dualing) but they arent really any better or worse at fighting other roamers, in my opinion.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

With a small group? Depends on team comp. But something with mobility.

Solo roaming? Probably Thief. Warrior in second.

Simply put the most important quality in solo roaming is mobility, since you run a fairly decent risk of running into very bad situations. You never know what’s around the corner and it might be a single player, a team, or a huge zerg. As such, the most valuable skill for a solo roamer is their ability to get away from a sticky situation.

Thieves are the undisputed kings of the getaway. Short of being chain-CCed and AoEd by an entire zerg, you’ll only kill a Thief in WvW roaming if they mess up by overcommitting. If the Thief knows when to cut their losses and say “kitten this, I’m out”, you can drive them away, but you simply can’t kill them.

Second would probably be a Warrior built for high mobility (for example GS + Sword and Warhorn).

Mesmers are outright broken in 1 vs 1 (except against thieves), but they’re not very mobile, and if they run into a bigger team they’re usually not as good at escaping as the aforementioned classes, which significantly diminishes their roaming potential. They’re still pretty good, mind you.

Also, OP you’re free to disregard people who say ignorant and demonstrably false crap like this:

Flatten even the tankiest enemies in 3 seconds,

Prove it. Unless by “tankiest” you mean full berserker with maybe melandru runes or something.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Warriors are great too

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Lol is this even a question? Necro. Top mobility.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Odds are you want to play a Thief. Regardless of how much people seem to dramatize the plight of being a squishy Thief, and how it’s a real challenge to land abilities that put them into stealth, you’ll probably have the most forgiving experience solo roaming as a Thief. More specifically, probably a D/P Thief.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Ranger is good for roaming. but no one will tell you that because Thieves have better avoidance. Half of roaming is avoiding the unfavorable and taking down dolyaks to cut supply or taking down stragglers. Thief does that pretty well.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

1) Thief because mobility and disengage. 2) Mesmer because 1v1 capabilities, which are ahead of thief but are not quite as important as the mobility they lack. 3) Warrior because mobility and survivability. 4) Possibly necro, even with the lack of movement, because of the small group power, but I could see either engi, ele or ranger holding this place instead. Guardian, no mobility, no 1v1, no disengage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Keras.9621

Keras.9621

8) Guardian, no mobility, no 1v1, no disengage.

I have to disagree. Zerk guardians using scepter/focus and greatsword (or sword/x) put up a good fight against me, when I roam with my thief. With their blinds and blocks and although limited CC, they can be a real threat to any roamer. Their mobility is subpar out of combat though.

Sarah Keras — Elementalist.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Thief. In roaming the ability to avoid a fight when odds not in your favor are as important as the ability to win a fight when they are.

They can solo camps easily.

Long lasting stealth is great for sneaking into a camp to see what the enemy up to as in..

Are they building a treb in the camp..are they building Golems.?

Sneak in peek then let your pals know whats up. If they spot a warrior or other class scouting they might port that Golem away before the rest of your team can arrive to take it down.

If a team is running to flip a camp they might feel quite complacent if they spot no one en route. A hidden thief might see them on the other hand, warn their pals a group heads to North Camp and v people can cluster there to meet them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

In my opinion:

#1: Thief
#2: Mesmer
#3: Warrior/Condi Engi
#4: Rangers/Guardian/Ele
#5: Necro

Thieves are of course top dog because they can engage and disengage at will. They can reset any fight, troll very hard, keep people occupied and are best at picking off people.

Mesmers have the ability to beat a lot of classes 1v1 and even take 1vX many times. They may not have great engaging abilities but their disengage is fairly strong. Especially with staff, blink and stealth.

Warriors are third mainly because they can’t beat a good thief or a mesmer and roaming against one could be tough times for the warrior. However they have high mobility and survivability and can escape most bad situations. They are decent in 1v1 and 1vX situations.

Condi Engis are kind of tied with warrior because their ability to 1v1 and 1vX is very powerful. They are also somewhat the counter to most thieves. However they don’t have as much mobility and chasing power.

Rangers/Eles/Guardians who are good can make decent roamers as well, and honestly aren’t too far behind #3. Rangers and Eles can disengage fairly well and have a few decent builds. Thieves however can give them a lot of fits. Guardians have a bit less mobility but they can have great survivability and be good in 1v1 and 1vX scenarios.

Necros are last only because they have very limited mobility, and sacrifice a bit to get that little bit of escapability. They have limited chasing power. However, their ability to 1v1 and 1vX is very good, they just can’t escape it when things get bad. They have good survivability though and are invaluable to a group roaming squad and are easily the class that changes the tide of a fight moreso than any other class in my opinion. If they had any sort of escape, they would probably be right up there with Mesmers or Warriors.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Thief is the most forgiving because it can both move quickly via infiltrator’s arrow and get to safety with stealth. Without stealth you can still roam but you might have players chasing you half way across the map.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Thief if you want to use stealth and annoy people.

Warrior if want to do everything the thief does without stealth and still annoy people.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Theft if you only want to roam.

Warrior if you want to do everything. Nothing beats single handedly push back a enemy group from beating down the gate with LB.

As a warrior roamer, I can’t kill Thief, but he can’t kill me 1v1 either. However as a theft you can always pick your fight. Mesmer is a different story. Then again its not hard to get away from Mesmer as a warrior.