will i get refunded when ferocity hits?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Will i get the chance to Refund all my Bezerk armour when Ferocity hits us?

im full bezerker…

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Zerker will more than probably still be the top dps armor for most classes, including Ranger which is your main.

Why would you expect a refund?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

(edited by Fror.2163)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Yup. Zerker will still be best. Now the people who made zerker/assassin armor mix should be asking for a change to full zerker. Now they have a real gripe.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

i chose Zerker as top DPS. but with the 10% reduction in dps to zerker gear.
i find that Dire, carrion or Rabid gear will provide better DPS.

we all play the game how we want. and with these changes, and all the effort i put into getting acended zerker gear.
i feel cheated.

i would like to be able convert my gear to a tanky condition. ( dire , Rabid, carrion )

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

My character is sitting on around 70% crit chance in mixed ascended gear so this hit will hurt. I’d be playing other vertical progression mmos if I knew anet would have me regrinding entire sets of time gated armor every couple months. I hope anet handles this well because I have zero drive to even play/tweak my characters with the little information I have regarding this patch.

Whatever solution they have (if any), I’de hope it’s not short term. This game is still a work in progress and you can’t even swap armor faster than the updates come out anymore.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I can kind of understand players wanting refunds… I’d personally not bother, mostly because I don’t care to much.

zerkers are really only a problem with meta groups and rush/speed run builds but when people are not 100-0ing scrub mobs or significantly denting silvers after a full combo/rotation it’s going to seem a lot less appealing.

Comes down to why not just be a casual and play no skill builds that although are not efficent you’ll never die and get the job done in another 20 seconds?

I guess A-net wants the PvE meta to be the same as PvP with less condi lol.

Frankly I blame the gold farmers.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

From a WvW standpoint, I could have other specs besides zerker that could be beneficial for me, so I would personally like to choose new stats like they did with magic find gear.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

im full bezerker…

and… what are you gonna make that will do the job better?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I’ll rather have a refund on the stat combination that gets the real nerf: celestial.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Anything acc/soulbound with crit damage should get a new stat choice. This is a far wider reaching change than MF which was given one.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: If ANET is basically going to admit they messed up and then implement this ferocity change, they should at least give everyone the ability to change armor on a 1 time basis. Shouldn’t be too hard to do. The logic is built already for legendaries.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Escadin.9482

Escadin.9482

@OP: If ANET is basically going to admit they messed up and then implement this ferocity change, they should at least give everyone the ability to change armor on a 1 time basis. […]

the sarcasm is strong with this one….

I don’t think a refund will be necessary though. If they some sort of refund for lesser reasons already then fine, otherwise I wouldn’t mind either.

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

@OP: If ANET is basically going to admit they messed up and then implement this ferocity change, they should at least give everyone the ability to change armor on a 1 time basis. […]

I don’t think a refund will be necessary though. If they some sort of refund for lesser reasons already then fine, otherwise I wouldn’t mind either.

Must be PvE only or not have ascended gear… in either of those cases it’s very much deserved. WvW you want to min/max more than just one stat/aspect. Ascended gear is far more painful to replace and requires a far greater investment. In either case it’s needed.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Escadin.9482

Must be PvE only or not have ascended gear… in either of those cases it’s very much deserved. WvW you want to min/max more than just one stat/aspect. Ascended gear is far more painful to replace. In either case it’s needed.

how will zerker not be the maximum dps gear anymore? care to explain?

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

Must be PvE only or not have ascended gear… in either of those cases it’s very much deserved. WvW you want to min/max more than just one stat/aspect. Ascended gear is far more painful to replace. In either case it’s needed.

Where did I say that?

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Escadin.9482

Where did I say that?

OP is about refunds for zerker gear. If you wear zerker pieces in wvw they will just be as useful for their purpose post patch as they are now(relatively to the other stat combos). Feel free to correct me though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I would like to be able to choose my stats on all my zerker ascended items… I had to make a big decision between rabid/dire or berserker for my Necro, and I went with the zerker because it was best for PvE and it is still fun to play as a glass Necro in wvw.

Well now that zerker damage is being reduced by roughly 10%(on an already struggling build), I really wish I would have gone with the condition gear.

I don’t have the time or the motivation to re-grind all those ascended items… and I just think its bullcrap that it takes so long to make a full set of ascended just to have them nerf it later.

I doubt they will compensate anyone for this though. Oh well.. at least zerker will still be best for PvE.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

Where did I say that?

OP is about refunds for zerker gear. If you wear zerker pieces in wvw they will just be as useful for their purpose post patch as they are now(relatively to the other stat combos). Feel free to correct me though.

My post was saying that anything with crit damage should be allowed to change, not just zerk.

Zerk will still be the best damage gear, but even then other combinations of gear may well be better. It depends on how much def you get vs. how much offense and what you’re trying to do with your character. Not everyone goes full dps (we call many of those rallybots) or full tank in WvW. Many go with a more balanced set up so they can take hits and deal damage (just not as much as zerk). For some (like Stx) going full/heavy zerk isn’t as good as some other options. Having him redo all of his gear because of a fundamental change in the game stats well over a year into the game is redic.

Then there is also celestial… which sounds like the crit damage is getting wrecked, but other stats are getting increased. It’ll greatly depend on how much the other stats are being increased, but regardless for my ele she’ll probably be changing at least some of those peices (she doesn’t need more pre).

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Where did I say that?

Correction: The stat ratio has been diminished. It has not been rebalanced…just diminished. There has been no mention of any compensation…just diminished. It will still likely be the highest direct damage stat set, but the problem here is that some may not have chosen this set with the new stat ratio. Some may have opted for a more survivable or mixed set when considering the new level of performance.

The only reasons I can see that this nerf would be implemented in pve would be to slow down meta/zerker group kill speed of bosses in dungeons/fractals. The reason these meta/zerker groups work so efficiently is because of the speed, which generally allows boss kills before active defenses run out. That being said, this change seems to be aimed at making these meta/zerker groups fail unless they add more defensive stats. That alone is justification for allowing us to re-choose stats. All the above assumptions for the reasons may be incorrect as this nerf is probably about wvw or forum balancing though.

Essentially this is not what we chose. Its like buying a new car…you go shopping, you evaluate the alternatives, and you make your purchase based on that evaluation. If the vehicle manufacturer just decides to somehow remotely replace your engine with a slower one or make it require more gas per mile…would you really be okay with that?

I don’t think it is too much to ask that there be a one time choice to switch to a different stat combo for all items (exotic and ascended) that have critical damage as a stat. That seems pretty fair considering the post market nature of this change.

Yes, I’m sure that everyone without crit damage on their gear will chime in with the usual hate and make comments on how nothing is wrong and this is a bunch of QQ, but the minute they make a change like this to your stats….we all know these exact arguments will be made. Lets be fair about this and do the right thing.

(edited by ODB.6891)

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

i chose full ascended Zerker gear because i get 127% crit damage.
it was the sole purpose that i chose it.

now with that stat changed. i feel like all that money( gem store and ingame) was a waste.
i don’t feel safe working towards gear that can later be changed in patchs.
we should be given a refund or Gear aspect change to compensate for thei MAJOR change. it only makes sense.

if there is no refund or gear change, and this Ferocity stat is completely lackluster.
i can safely say ill just wait for Elder Scroll online and be done with this Jigsaw puzzle of a game.

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

not to mention the Runes that are being changed that will cost us GOLD.
and Sigil changes.

Its a BIG MESS.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I got full ascended celestial and berzerker on my Guard…these past few months have been a complete cluster kitten for me in GW2. Nerfing a 30 point shout trait, nerfing purging flames, further pigeon holing with vigor nerf, retal damage nerf, etc, etc, etc…seriously the biggest charlie foxtrot I’ve seen in development cycles.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

im full bezerker…

wat? dude, when confusion got nerfed by 50% and bb trait with it, did i get refunded for my rabid gear? no. no one forced u to use berserker. asking for a refund because of a 10% nerf which is like nothing, is very childish sry.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

ODB.6891

im full bezerker…

wat? dude, when confusion got nerfed by 50% and bb trait with it, did i get refunded for my rabid gear? no. no one forced u to use berserker. asking for a refund because of a 10% nerf which is like nothing, is very childish sry.

Because one condition type and a class trait have something to do with gear?!? Apples and oranges? That was a class nerf. You can retrait at anytime for a few silver. That cannot be said about exotic and ascended gear. Yeah, no one forced anyone to buy any set. So that argument does not make much sense to me about “no one forcing him to use berserker”. No one forced you to use rabid. No one forces anyone to use pvt or clerics. That wouldn’t make it okay to just reduce the effective stat ratio after purchase on the gear by any large percentage without allowing an exchange.

At least make the response relevant and applicable before calling someone childish.

(edited by ODB.6891)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ofc not, you don’t get refunded when other things get nerfed either, do you?

That being said, an armour-reroll like with the MF changes would actually be pretty good. Especially because ANet probably wants to know how many people switch off the Berserker/Celestial armour after the change.

Because one condition type and a class trait have something to do with gear?!? Apples and oranges?

To be fair, it really was of similar scope. Rabid-specs still exist for Mesmers, but really not the same way as they used to before Confusion was defanged.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

im full bezerker…

Because one condition type and a class trait have something to do with gear?!? Apples and oranges? That was a class nerf. You can retrait at anytime for a few silver. That cannot be said about exotic and ascended gear. Yeah, no one forced anyone to buy any set. So that argument does not make much sense to me about “no one forcing him to use berserker”. No one forced you to use rabid. No one forces anyone to use pvt or clerics. That wouldn’t make it okay to just reduce the effective stat ratio after purchase on the gear by any large percentage without allowing an exchange.

At least make the response relevant and applicable before calling someone childish.

yes they do have to do with that as rabid gear was only used by mesmers that specced into confusion. the nerf destroyed the entire build, so where is my refund then? and i doubt that berserker gear will be refunded. otherwise they willl have to give everyone fthat ever used anything with crit a full refund.including knights gear and celestial.
this is not even a large percentage. u guys are panicing before the patch even hit.
when the confusion patch hit that was an over 60% nerf for the confusion mesmer and wayyy before pu was introduced. condition mesmers were non viable after that nerf. so yeah my rabid gear was useless then too.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

ODB.6891

im full bezerker…

yes they do have to do with that as rabid gear was only used by mesmers that specced into confusion. the nerf destroyed the entire build, so where is my refund then? and i doubt that berserker gear will be refunded. otherwise they willl have to give everyone fthat ever used anything with crit a full refund.including knights gear and celestial.
this is not even a large percentage. u guys are panicing before the patch even hit.
when the confusion patch hit that was an over 60% nerf for the confusion mesmer and wayyy before pu was introduced. condition mesmers were non viable after that nerf. so yeah my rabid gear was useless then too.

Okay, lets run with that. They nerfed your character’s condition build effectiveness, which then drastically impacted the effectiveness of your gear choice. I can see that. So you wanted them to allow an exchange of gear right? So the current argument is that since they screwed you over…they should do that to everyone going forward instead of making a fair choice going forward?

(edited by ODB.6891)

in Profession Balance

ODB.6891

Ofc not, you don’t get refunded when other things get nerfed either, do you?

That being said, an armour-reroll like with the MF changes would actually be pretty good. Especially because ANet probably wants to know how many people switch off the Berserker/Celestial armour after the change.

Because one condition type and a class trait have something to do with gear?!? Apples and oranges?

To be fair, it really was of similar scope. Rabid-specs still exist for Mesmers, but really not the same way as they used to before Confusion was defanged.

You are right, it was a similar scope. Just an indirect way of doing it and class specific.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Nerfs and buffs happen to professions all the time. Yeah sometimes it sucks, but this is a direct nerf to a certain type of gear. And this is ascended gear we’re talking about, you can get a full set of exotic gear for like 30g… It took me like 4 months to get my full ascended berserker stuff… And now they are nerfing it and in wvw where it was already a big risk to run glass, condition bunkering is an even bigger advantage so yeah I would like a choice for new stats on my ascended gear that took so long to make… because I sure as heck am not going to make another set. It’ll be goodbye GW2.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

we all play the game how we want. and with these changes, and all the effort i put into getting acended zerker gear.
i feel cheated.

i would like to be able convert my gear to a tanky condition. ( dire , Rabid, carrion )

LOL My mesmer has at least 6 full sets.
My thief has 2
My guardian has 2 sets of gear
My Warrior has 1
My Ele has 1
My 2nd mesmer has 2 full sets

And you can’t earn 1 single sets of gear? I could go buy multiple sets of gear with just WvW tokens or CoF tokens.

This is what people get hung up on? Ferocity should have been in the game since day one.

If anything you should complain they were so late to fix a pretty obvious problem.

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

i feel cheated.

LOL My mesmer has at least 6 full sets.
My thief has 2
My guardian has 2 sets of gear
My Warrior has 1
My Ele has 1
My 2nd mesmer has 2 full sets

And you can’t earn 1 single sets of gear? I could go buy multiple sets of gear with just WvW tokens or CoF tokens.

This is what people get hung up on? Ferocity should have been in the game since day one.

If anything you should complain they were so late to fix a pretty obvious problem.

If we were just dealing with basic exotics, then tbh I wouldn’t really care. Ascended/celestial have a far higher $ and/or time investment than the rest though.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

It’s ascended gear that took weeks for just 1 piece. I don’t care about exotics. Im upset that my ascended gear that cost me a lot of money gold is now useless in my eyes of stat I chose.
I chose zerker because it was the best for me at the time but now a condition bunker is better.

Why should I play another 4 months to get a full set of rabid ascended to only have that get nerfed and the cycle continues.

Gear should be refunded…

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

It costs couple silver for a retrait

It costs couple 100 gold and hours to regear ascended

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

And once again the folly of ascended gear is laid bare.

People have a much harder time changing into another role or playstyle.

Refund everyone their stats, like with the MF change, you get to choose the new stat combination on your gear. Wanna stick with zerker? You can. Feel like your build has been compromised or the dmg-to-survability trade-off isnt worth it anymore? Switch to something else.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

@ OP: lol no.

P.S. Buy more gems.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

P.S. Buy more gems.

This is actually what im afraid of.

They did it when they came up with ascended gear as vertical progression. All your skins would become redundant and you’d have to spend more gems to keep using the skins you liked or already payed for.

And now they are nerfing berzerker gear (and some others aswell, basicly anything with critdmg). But Zerker is by far the most popular and one of the most popular gear sets being used.
If players are now put into the situation where they have to get new gear sets, theyd have to lose all their skins. Or be forced to pay again for the same skins.

They can just nerf entire gear sets and actually make money by doing this. I dont trust arenanet to make this descision, id say thats a serious conflict of interest.
Is a gear set being nerfed because its good for the game, or because its a good profit?

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

i feel cheated.

Seriously? Do you think that somone who gave up toughness and vitality deserves to have the same (or lower DPS) than someone with tough/vit, tough, vit armor (dire, rabid, carrion)?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

While I think that the ferocity change is absolutely the wrong way to go about things, anyone claiming that full zerker won’t still be far and away the highest dps for any class is full of it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

All I can see happening is;

“lfg. heavies/zerker preferred.” will be come now,

“Lfg. Heavies/zerkers only.”

The DPS has been lowered, so bring more DPS than ever to compensate for that. No more tolerating the odd necro or engineer in the group.

Myself and guild have had this worry with the already huge amount of people always asking for DPS heavies currently.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I would like the option to change stats on my ascended gear…

With most of my 8 characters I took celestial trinkets, because I wanted a across the board foundation stat wise for all my characters and because it give high crit dam %.

Its going to be a much bigger nerf to celestial then any other set, so I would like the option of switching to another set of stats.

They did it for magic find so why not for when they nerf crit dam % by 10%+?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

What exactly do you want to switch out zerker for OP? It is a ridiculous nerf that I up to this point do not understand. Zerker will be still the only viable option for PvE however you will experience a 10% time increase in dungeon clears. What do you want to run, cleric’s lol? Celestial?

banished from time and space

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Why are some responders pointing out the obvious fact that zerker will still be powerful? I think anyone looking for a change in stats knows that. The point is that many people grinded for ascended and exotic gear and the game was changed after they bought in. Perhaps they would have gone with another set if it were different to begin with? I know I would have, as a WvW player.

I feel worse for those with celestial, Valkyrie, or cavalier pieces as they likely got hit even worse. Personally I think it’s only right to allow this change on a one time basis, and it would be great if they did this when they release new stat sets, to promote build diversity.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

I’ll rather have a refund on the stat combination that gets the real nerf: celestial.

This.

I’m part way through crafting my celestial ascended set and I’ve just lost all urges to play my ele after hearing the proposed change.

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

I picked zerker because of the DMV it outputs, I struggle with tanks classes in wvw as it is. So with this nerf It will be even harder to kill them.
I think the while reducing damage and increasing tanks stuff is ridiculous.

If it carrys on like this we will have everyone running around with condition tanky specs and there will be 24 hour stale mate duels

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

Most the time I got killed for takin full zerker but now it’s a sure fact it’s purely death as a zerker.
Power creep is one thing but the synergy from zerker a stats works so well because of the crit dmg but now it’s lackluster comparing how little defense it now has.

Takin this from a ranger zerker point of view and you’ll know what I mean.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Obviously since they made ascended armors (light in particular) and weapons so grindy they need to find a way for restats.

Unfortunately anet can kill months of grind in a single patch not only with the ferocity, but also with some random nerf making builds suddenly unviable.

The game had in mind an easy way to acquire equipment that is why stats are bound to equipment

At this point making a restat system similar to the retrait trainer would be the best move.

At least they keep the “legendary” (unfair) bonus of being able to change any time.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

I can’t stress enough how quickly this game changes builds.
But as soon as they change gear. They destroy the time effort and gold we the players put into acquiring them.

A build only requires a respec,
Gear requires gold, months of play time

Which all of us are not prepared to sacrifice all because of some speed runs with heavie zerkers.

If anything they should fix the heavie classes dps output not gear stats

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

If it was ferocity from the start I would of chose a different stat.

Rabid or Dire is now more beneficial for my play style

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

I’d like to point out my play style was dependent on surprising my enemy with a big crit.
And then to flurry them down.
However with tht big crit turning out to be reduced by 10% as well as flurry in skills.
It’s better if I were to surprise my enemy with a surge of conditions as a surprise attack.

Let’s say at the moment I hit for 8000 on a crit and have no defense , next patch it will be reduced by 800+
Whereas the full stack of condition can do 6k-7k per couple seconds whilst being very defensive

Condition specs have no flaws both dps and defense. Nothing is sacrificed unlike zerker

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

It may be the highest dps still but you will find it will only be by 5% and that 5% is nothing when your defense is reducing damage by 40%
And conditions stay healthy.

I’d understand if they buffed the defense of the crit damaged stats but they havent.

My defence WAS my offence.