will i get refunded when ferocity hits?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I like how you provide half the replies to your own thread, makes it a bit like watching a crazy monologue.

Really, the issue is that will have trouble showing how what ANet is doing is inherently bad, due to lack of comparability. Other MMOs “ruin” builds in a single patch, too. But people are used to it, in MMORPGs, and one could even argue it provides long-term goals via requiring you to have multiple gear sets ready.

Ofc, the other side of the coin is that Ascended gear was a really bad idea to begin with (or rather, that it has superior stats), and it’s causing the issue here. Because that’s what is really happening, no? If this were about Exotic items, we’d all shrug once and be kitted out again in 30 seconds flat. But it’s about Ascended, where it takes us anywhere from 1 day to 3 months to be newly equipped.

So really, what I’d do is this:

• Ascended gear now provides the same stats, damage and armour as exotic gear.
  • Ascended gear provides two distinct bonuses. It can freely swap it’s stats when in a major city (or sPvP staging or WvW home zone) and it provides sockets for Agony Resist + another 5 of a stat.
  • In total, Ascended gear would then allow you ~16 * 5 = 80 extra stat points as a very minor upgrade over Exotic gear.

This would fix a lot of issues. PvP inequality due to gear is gone, grindy lvl80 equipment is gone, issues with stat-changes or build-changes such as here are… well… gone.

It’s not too late to fix the core problem, which is Ascended gear!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Yeah sorry I’m replying off my iPhone, I would quote people in my replays but I don’t know how

Yeah that’s the whole arguement refunds for ascended

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

@ carighan

I’d prefer if ascended was exactly same as exotic stats but had better visual effects

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

probably won’t get refunds…i raised that thema a while ago, got 0 response

it might be not such issue for full zerker, but for people who run full ascended mixed gear it is

what really kittenes me off is how expensive ascended is and that they brought it out w/o warning that they will changing stat so drastically… come the change i will probably have to remake my entire set….that is pretty much another 300?g

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

@ carighan

I’d prefer if ascended was exactly same as exotic stats but had better visual effects

Yeah, but “better” is very subjective. I doubt they could find something which would remotely please everyone, especially given how much whining there is about the three fluff legendaries, already.

Otherwise, that’d be the best idea ofc.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think the first solution to this is to keep stats unchanged in WvW, especially since they will be unchanged in sPvP. WvW and Pve need seperate balance changes. This would cut a huge amount of this concern.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

I think the first solution to this is to keep stats unchanged in WvW, especially since they will be unchanged in sPvP. WvW and Pve need seperate balance changes. This would cut a huge amount of this concern.

Crit damage is too high in WvW too, though.

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

Crit damage is too high in WvW too, though.

Is it? Most roamers complain about bunker condition specs. Most zergs run PVT or something with more survivability. It’s considered folly by many to run a zerker spec in WvW unless you can manage to not be a rallybot. Yet those specific players are still being punished for another game mode entirely.

I suppose I wouldn’t be as upset if it weren’t for having purchased all of the recipes for the ascended gear, all the infusions… All of it totalling to months of grinding for a player like me.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Well, that’s the problem right there – it comes down to the Ascended gear again. Because really, the issue is not with rebalancing stats. Really isn’t. The issue is having added a gear-tier which is a) superior, so it’s non-optional and b) takes ages to get. And c) this is in stark contrast to the rest of the gear system of the game.

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

Well, that’s the problem right there – it comes down to the Ascended gear again. Because really, the issue is not with rebalancing stats. Really isn’t. The issue is having added a gear-tier which is a) superior, so it’s non-optional and b) takes ages to get. And c) this is in stark contrast to the rest of the gear system of the game.

I suppose you’re correct about the real problem, but it doesn’t change that right now I have loads of in game resources spent for gear that I wouldn’t choose again if given the option, and I’m not crazy about the idea of pursuing another set.

They’ve said that sigil and rune changes may make up the difference, but the sigil change doesn’t effect my build, and I doubt the rune change makes up a 10%+ dps loss.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

@ carighan

Yeah, but “better” is very subjective. I doubt they could find something which would remotely please everyone, especially given how much whining there is about the three fluff legendaries, already.

Otherwise, that’d be the best idea ofc.

They could have at least provided a few skin alternatives for ascended items. Maybe a skimpy, modest, full body burlap sack type deal for armor pieces. Maybe some alternate textures for weapons.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

First off, this is in no way comparable to the MF change.
Back then, an entire stat was removed from gear. They could not simply replace it with something different, cause every player, who got that gear simply got it because of the mf stat. They’d use that gear to farm t6 materials and other goodies or get some extra drops out of whatever they were doing.
Typically, they’d have full condi gear and full physical gear already, which is why simply changing the gear was not possible.
Now let’s look at the current situation: Trinkets, food and small armor pieces with critical damage will have some of their crit shaved off(mainly trinkets).
Let’s not mention celestial gear here. I acknowledge, that celestial is a serious problem with this change. In case of the Zerk gear, they just get rid of some numbers, which were chosen totally arbitrarily and bring them back in line with other gear. Right now, there is absolutely no reason, not to get an ascended ring with crit damage, if you go for physical damage and there is absolutely no reason, not to have those small armor pieces provide crit damage, either. The chest and other big armor pieces can be made soldiers, if some tankiness is required. Same for the weapons. That’s, what we call min-maxing.
Ascended armor will actually take only a minor hit. We are talking ~4-5% crit damage, which might be shaved off. The trinkets will take the big hit.

Also, I guess 95% of the guys, who are calling for refunds here, will choose full zerk again, once they GET their refund.
The whole thing is silly. You want max dps, you get zerk. That much hasn’t changed. You might want to toss out those divinity runes, tho and get runes of rage instead. With the crit portion being changed to ferocity, those will actually be STRONGER than they are now.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

Also, I guess 95% of the guys, who are calling for refunds here, will choose full zerk again, once they GET their refund.
The whole thing is silly. You want max dps, you get zerk. That much hasn’t changed. You might want to toss out those divinity runes, tho and get runes of rage instead. With the crit portion being changed to ferocity, those will actually be STRONGER than they are now.

Why would the people calling for refunds here want the same stats anyway?

If your point is most PVE players will still choose zerk, you’re probably right. The same way, I’m sure, that players with MF gear quickly got to 300% magic find. But there are many WvW players and PVE players interested in playing support or hybrid roles who feel this change makes the all-damage playstyle no longer worth it.

Isn’t the point of the change to encourage more builds? If so, potentially changing out some crit damage specs would be a quick way to do it, and allow people who feel shafted to get back their time spent grinding for crit damage sets.

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

I think the refund shud only apply to ascended. It’s still a change. Like I said before I chose the zerk gear for the crit stat

Now there will be a new crit main stat gear and zerker havin it’s crit reduced it’s like I said before I feel like the effort put into gettin zerk is pointless. Now they announced there’s a new gear type main stating ferocity and zerker gettin reduced crit.

I’ll just go around and refrain for 4 months to get another set of gear. No thanks

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

A small change like this is a big change for someone who simply chose a gear stats on crit.

If I knew it would be changed to " get in line" with others I would of just gone for a bunker or condition set instead.

I chose it for the position it currently plays not the new way

in Profession Balance

Zardul.3952

Pve , spvp and wvw should be seperately changed.

This whole change is 90% because of pve.

If u play zerker in pvp you suck because of lack of defence, the offense we have makes up for the loss.
Reducing our dmg by 10% is like someone removing 1 of my traits “steady aim- 10% more dmg while endurance full”

Bunkers reduced damage taken from 40%-70% currently with this patch it’ll be even more reduction.

I’d be happy if there was a wvw set for gear like spvp that hasn’t got the crit change,
I should not be effected because of pve speed runs

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Berserker will still be the best DPS gear. They CAN’T make a set with vit or tough have better DPS. Maybe if we had Condition Damage/Precision/Condition Duration stat, but still wouldn’t be good because of the 25 max stacks.