10/8 [Early] Reveal: Halloween SPOILERS Inc!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

So, …..the webmasters over at ArenaNet don’t really have a good clock. They’ve revealed all the information for the next patch a day before the scheduled reveal was supposed to happen. Halloween was the big “duh” in the room, but some of the super spoilers come from the labels for the screenshots.

Lion’s Arch décor:

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/5deeeScreenshot-02-LA-Decor-3.jpg

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/cdc45Screenshot-01-LA-Decor-1.jpg

CLOCK TOWER RETURNS!
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/68370Screenshot-06-Mad-King-Tower.jpg
(Spoiler #1 in the above screen: Notice the gear the lady is wearing? That’s a new set. Don’t know if it’s actually “gear” gear, or if it’s “town” gear. Either way, that’s something NEW!)

Red Door:
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/d51d7Screenshot-05-Red-Door.jpg
(Spoiler #2: The original doors were brown, wooden affairs that spewed skeletons and mummies while allowing travel to the Mad King’s Realm. These new doors might go to a new area entirely different than the original spot from last year.
Edit: I did notice that there’s an original door in the background on the hill. This could mean that the original area from last year opens up as well as a new area entirely. Again, assumptions. But both doors confirmed.)

BLOODY PRINCE:
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/5d4efScreenshot-04-Bloody-Prince.jpg
(Spoiler #3: Introduction of a new central character for the holiday. “Prince” is a word indicating son of a King…um, Mad King Thorn has a son? Who’s the mother? This is such a big reveal that even M. Night Shamalan would scream “what a twist!”).

Lunatic Inquisition returns:
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ca0f3Screenshot-03-Lunatic-Inquisition.jpg
(I was so-so about that mini-game, so personally not a big deal. Although I know it did have a huge following.)

I’m hoping there’s going to be a reveal for a return of Reaper’s Rumble. That was one mini-game that I really enjoyed with it’s mechanics and teamwork.

Attachments:

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Where are you getting these screens? Other than from the guy who already posted them? I have looked on Guild Wars 2’s Facebook and they are not there. Can you please post a verifiable source?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why is a set that has been in the game since released considered to be new?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Let me also say I have searched Reddit and Dulfy to no avail to find these… the ONLY thing REMOTELY Halloween for GW2 posted anywhere is the box on the Facebook page…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kin.3456

Kin.3456

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net

That is the domain used by ArenaNet to host file uploads for their blog. What this means is that they posted probably set up up a news post and published it mistakenly before it was supposed to be.

I don’t think its possible to get a directory listing from Cloudfront, so that is probably not the case.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Where are you getting these screens? Other than from the guy who already posted them? I have looked on Guild Wars 2’s Facebook and they are not there. Can you please post a verifiable source?

From the media page:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/screenshots/

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

From the media page:

Kinda destroys the spoiler part now.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

Let me also say I have searched Reddit and Dulfy to no avail to find these… the ONLY thing REMOTELY Halloween for GW2 posted anywhere is the box on the Facebook page…

Since when are those 2 sites considered to be reliable sources?

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I think Dulfy became a reliable source a LONG time ago particularly when she was allowed to play test new updates before the general public…

Yes I see them in the screenshots section now

I am glad they are adding new content to the Halloween update… though to be honest… given the IMHO that update last year was the best during the first year, they could have rolled the same out again and I wouldn’t have cared lol. Still would have fun with it!

I SINCERELY hope they do not bring back the Halloween skins from last year… I hope they stay as “limited edition” as they are.

(edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

• yawn *

Okay, okay, I’ll wait for it to be released. Though smashing mobs that come out of a door and farming candy nodes wasn’t that appealing in the first place.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

I think Dulfy became a reliable source a LONG time ago particularly when she was allowed to play test new updates before the general public…

Dulfy only collects informations that are released by a.net.

Also last time I visited her site, she was running goldselling ads.

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Dude…

Dulfy had the entire Aetherblade Retreat walkthrough posted the day before they launched it because Anet gave her access…

ALSO… They actually named an in game character after her… go to the city fractal… see Seigemaster Dulfy…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

Seriously? So nobody else realized that the 5th picture OP posted has someone wearing new armor, a new weapon and new face paint too?

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Seriously? So nobody else realized that the 5th picture OP posted has someone wearing new armor, a new weapon and new face paint too?

No that is a new NPC called the Blood Prince… read the OP…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

A lot of times the ads are not controlled by people running the site but by Google Ad Sense itself.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

No that is a new NPC called the Blood Prince… read the OP…

Completely missed that. Either way that’s still a new all around look. Something they introduced with Rox and Braham and soon later they released their looks.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Still doesn’t beat GW1 Halloween events.

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Still doesn’t beat GW1 Halloween events.

You have nooooo idea yet what this Halloween will be like and from the looks of it two of the events are coming back at least. Mad King’s Clocktower and Lunatic Inquisition…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

google ads shows what YOU have been searching for.

seems like you have been searching for gold selling sites.

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

Not really, nor did I search for printers or spycams.

Dude…

Dulfy had the entire Aetherblade Retreat walkthrough posted the day before they launched it because Anet gave her access…

ALSO… They actually named an in game character after her… go to the city fractal… see Seigemaster Dulfy…

And this was the only time she got early access, probably she got a little trigger happy with releasing her guide 1 day before release which screwed up every other fansite.

And I know that she is in the game and I still don’t know why.

GuildWars 2

(edited by kokiman.2364)

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Not really, nor did I search for printers or spycams.

Dude…

And this was the only time she got early access, probably she got a little trigger happy with releasing her guide 1 day before release which screwed up every other fansite.

And I know that she is in the game and I still don’t know why.

Because of her help to the GW2 community… geez bro hate much?

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

Oh what’s her username on guildwars2 wiki?

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Lol She runs her own Walkthrough site… of course you already knew that. I am guessing you are a Wiki contributor who’s got their undies in a wad because she has a privately owned site that probably gets more hits than your precious wiki. Don’t get me wrong, the Wiki is a wealth of information (already obtainable in game) and we know it is ALWAYS factual! lol. Dulfy rather than just listing things like the wiki does shows people how to complete things using video and photographic walk throughs… mmmMMMmmm The hate is strong in this one….

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

Lol She runs her own Walkthrough site… of course you already knew that. I am guessing you are a Wiki contributor who’s got their undies in a wad because she has a privately owned site that probably gets more hits than your precious wiki. Don’t get me wrong, the Wiki is a wealth of information (already obtainable in game) and we know it is ALWAYS factual! lol. Dulfy rather than just listing things like the wiki does shows people how to complete things using video and photographic walk throughs… mmmMMMmmm The hate is strong in this one….

The difference between a wiki and a personal site is “doing something to help the community” and “doing something to generate clicks” and complete guides are ofcause going to generate more clicks. She is not only doing it to be a nice person because otherwise there would be no ads on the site.

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

The difference between a wiki and a personal site is “doing something to help the community” and “doing something to generate clicks” and complete guides are ofcause going to generate more clicks. She is not only doing it to be a nice person because otherwise there would be no ads on the site.

So your dislike for her is due to the fact she is smart enough to make money from playing the game whilst at the same time providing much appreciated and frequently used help to the community?

Shame on her! She should just do big erm ‘lists’ for free like other thoughtful souls.

Lurch
Gandara

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

So your dislike for her is due to the fact she is smart enough to make money from playing the game whilst at the same time providing much appreciated and frequently used help to the community?

No please, for the love of god, learn to read.

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I <3 Dulfy. Why was she brought up again?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Love the fact that you ignore the simple truth that people have to make a living. Dulfy happens to make hers by making game guides. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, and it’s very pretentious of you to insinuate otherwise.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

Love the fact that you ignore the simple truth that people have to make a living. Dulfy happens to make hers by making game guides. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, and it’s very pretentious of you to insinuate otherwise.

And how is that related to what we were talking about?

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I <3 Dulfy. Why was she brought up again?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Lunatic Inquistion is back. That’s all I needed \o/

I ? Karkas.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Funny how this turned from a thread bashing Anet’s lack of control of info (when it really wasn’t the case, OP just kitten ed) to a Dulfy hate thread for no reason

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

If you’re still seeing ads in this day and age, maybe you shouldn’t be allowed to use a computer anymore.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

If you’re still seeing ads in this day and age, maybe you shouldn’t be allowed to use a computer anymore.

=) Also Dulfy has a great site, so haters kitten off.

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

Because I disable adblock on certain sites?

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Then don’t complain about ads then. sites use them to make money.

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

Then don’t complain about ads then. sites use them to make money.

Wow.. read my previous posts please.

And please don’t say or think that I hate her, her guides are well done. I am just annoyed by that fact that people think that she is doing that just because she likes the community soo much. She earns money with it, the same way any print company would earn money with a guide for a game.

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

She’s probably a billionaire by now, sans the fees for hosting the site. Dulfy = the 1%.

in Blood and Madness

kokiman.2364

GuildWars 2

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I hope she is a billionaire by now. She’s put a ton of time into the high quality guides on her site, which she is pressed to produce within a very short time frame, knowing tens of thousands of people reading her site are constantly looking over her shoulder. Not many could fill her shoes.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Not to break the Dulfy fans’ spirit, but please don’t derail the post do to a 3rd party site

Thank you

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Nice…

Sweet Rewards: Players completing the Blood and Madness meta achievement will receive a Mini Candy Corn Elemental, while following the storyline can earn players a Candy Corn node for their home instance.

Finally! Candy Corn node! More stuff for the home instance I say! MOAR!

Oh also “Mad King Says” is sometimes a fun diversion.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Nice…

Sweet Rewards: Players completing the Blood and Madness meta achievement will receive a Mini Candy Corn Elemental, while following the storyline can earn players a Candy Corn node for their home instance.

Finally! Candy Corn node! More stuff for the home instance I say! MOAR!

Year round sweet tooth fix

in Blood and Madness

Teege.4623

Players completing the Blood and Madness meta achievement will receive a Mini Candy Corn Elemental, while following the storyline can earn players a Candy Corn node for their home instance.

Another mini for a reward. What a shocker. Another home instance node for a reward. What a shocker. Did their creativity department get laid off?

in Blood and Madness

Atlas.9704

This is the second home instanced reward, there’s not much reason for folks to go back home.
The mini thing was a bit predictable I’ll give you that.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Blood and Madness

Teege.4623

This is the second home instanced reward, there’s not much reason for folks to go back home.

Sure there is: ERP.

in Blood and Madness

Atlas.9704

Sure there is: ERP.

If ANet ever did start offering that I wouldn’t know whether I should applaud their initiative or weep for humanity.

With that said: I’m not complaining if Eir drops by the Salma District.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

After this, Lion’s Arch will be complete lagged like the after the other Halloween.

luck you anet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

CLOCK TOWER RETURNS!
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/68370Screenshot-06-Mad-King-Tower.jpg
(Spoiler #1 in the above screen: Notice the gear the lady is wearing? That’s a new set. Don’t know if it’s actually “gear” gear, or if it’s “town” gear. Either way, that’s something NEW!)

I don’t know if anyone has said this yet, but that gear isn’t new. It’s light karma gear.
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/k5/light/display_looks.php

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m excited to get another gathering node added to my home instance. Uncharged quartz is cheaper if you have the node (and charged quartz is faster,) but it’s not outrageous if you just buy it off the trading post, either, so if a player misses out on it, it’s not exactly a huge disadvantage, and at least it’s something other than a back skin or a mini. Bam, variety in rewards!

This should be a good time. The decorations are good, Mad King’s Realm was awesome, and there’s a new storyline involving the Mad Prince, so it’s not all returning content. Really all I’m asking for. =D

Although, I’m a little underwhelmed by the Halloween mask, which looks fine, but not all that memorable, compared to the Witch’s_Hat from last year. But, between the Candy Corn node, mini elemental, mini Bloody Prince, 20-slot pail, and the return of Halloween weapons, there seems to be plenty of other things to be excited for.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)