200.000 chattering = 740g to NPC

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Glad to hear that it was just misinformed players that were feeding me false information and that it is now cleared up. Still, 10k is a lot to grind for nevertheless.

And I understand where you are coming from, but my concern still yet stands. A storm was a brewin’. A mighty big one. Once it was noticed, a simple “this is not right, we are looking into this” would of calmed it. I get that you have to report to your superiors about it first, and that’s fine. But during all the wait time of trying to find out the issue, a little note to the players is something that is needed to reassure them that this issue is being investigated.

With the negative attitude that the players on these forums have had towards the company, in my opinion, it just seems like a high priority to inform them as soon as possible when an issue like this arises to keep the storm from escalating any further, and to show the players that they are being heard over big concerns like this.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I’m talking about the recipes to make the items. Gift of Souls, Gift of the Moon, and Gift of Spiders.

In game, players are saying to make the recipes it takes 100, not 10.

I am looking at Recipe: Gift of Souls, Recipe: Gift of the Moon, Recipe: Gift of Spiders, Gift of Souls, Gift of the Moon, and Gift of Spiders. Both the items and the crafting/mystic forge recipes themselves. No where does it say it takes 100 instead of 10. Players talking in game are incorrect based on the bad information from the update notes.

Someone makes a typo, we bring it up. A forum mod/dev reads it and thinks ‘this can’t be right…’ and emails the appropriate people to confirm this is a typo. They take a while to email back because busy with other stuff/out of office/forgot to have outlook open, then a day later the reply comes through.

That’s right! In this case, the issue of “players think this is too expensive” was raised to the coordinator of the team that worked on this update. He then raised that issue to me, the point of contact for all rewards. I said “Holy monkey face, that’s not what it was when I reviewed that stuff! Poop! What happened!? We gotta fix that asap!” and started an email thread about how to fix it, who should fix it, when we could get it into a hotfix, if we should kill switch the recipe to prevent anyone from doing it before we fix it, and discussions about pulling data in case we needed to do a refund for any poor souls who might have already done it. Then we asked the designer on that team to get in the fix and start working it through the approval process to hotfix it. It was at that point when the designer said “but it is already at 10 on Dev, not 100”. We verified that was the case in the Live code and I immediately hopped on here to post that it was a simple update notes typo while the community team worked to update the update notes. I think a days turn around is actually pretty good and I am very pleased that it was not a problem in the code, but rather a simple update notes typo.

Everything is a process. We work really hard to listen to our playerbase and be responsive to their needs. Time is always a mitigating factor and even information takes time to move from one place to another.

You sound like the American government.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

-snip-

This is the perfect post to explain why things take time in development. This was a forum text bug, and it outlines one person’s involvement in getting it fixed. So many people who either haven’t worked, or worked in a profession like game development just don’t know what is involved. I hope to be able to quote this in the future to explain why “x” feature is “taking so long”.

Fishsticks

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I would like to say, 10,000 is still too much :| Even 1000 might even be too much with all the candy corn mining that needs to be done…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kistenian.2083

Kistenian.2083

you’re talking here about crafting recipe… right? but what about candy corn cob? I mean 1000 candy = 1. it’s would be fixed too? or this stupidity is new reality?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shauno.4670

Shauno.4670

Glad to hear that it was just misinformed players that were feeding me false information and that it is now cleared up. Still, 10k is a lot to grind for nevertheless.

And I understand where you are coming from, but my concern still yet stands. A storm was a brewin’. A mighty big one. Once it was noticed, a simple “this is not right, we are looking into this” would of calmed it. I get that you have to report to your superiors about it first, and that’s fine. But during all the wait time of trying to find out the issue, a little note to the players is something that is needed to reassure them that this issue is being investigated.

With the negative attitude that the players on these forums have had towards the company, in my opinion, it just seems like a high priority to inform them as soon as possible when an issue like this arises to keep the storm from escalating any further, and to show the players that they are being heard over big concerns like this.

Seriously, no apology? You went off half baked off second hand information and Linsey did an excellent job of kindly explaining it to you and still nothing?

I know it sounds simple to jump on and make a quick post but I am glad that they prioritised and like Linsey said, made sure no poor soul purchased it. At the end of the day, we are talking about a 1 day turn around here, not a week into the content. I would say that is pretty darn good.

in Blood and Madness

Seriously, no apology? You went off half baked off second hand information and Linsey did an excellent job of kindly explaining it to you and still nothing?

I know it sounds simple to jump on and make a quick post but I am glad that they prioritised and like Linsey said, made sure no poor soul purchased it. At the end of the day, we are talking about a 1 day turn around here, not a week into the content. I would say that is pretty darn good.

Excuse me? The official Anet patch notes that they post on this very site are ‘second hand information’ now, and referring to them makes something ‘half-baked’?

I think YOU should apologise to him.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shauno.4670

Shauno.4670

Excuse me? The official Anet patch notes that they post on this very site are ‘second hand information’ now, and referring to them makes something ‘half-baked’?

No, he/she was saying that the price for the recipes were incorrect in game, which they never were. It was only ever a typo in the patch note. You would understand this if you read the thread properly.

He/she even states “it was just misinformed players that were feeding me false information”, that is second hand information. It would be a different story if he was in game himself and seeing the recipes but he wasn’t.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

10k of the nougats/skulls/fangs is still plain impossible to grind in allotted time. It seems that again someone assumed, that the only valid way to get gear in this game is to farm gold and buy materials off TP. And it’s not like the gift itself is cheap or anything…
I just don’t understand the reasoning behind this change.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Blood and Madness

No, he/she was saying that the price for the recipes were incorrect in game, which they never were. It was only ever a typo in the patch note. You would understand this if you read the thread properly.

He/she even states “it was just misinformed players that were feeding me false information”, that is second hand information. It would be a different story if he was in game himself and seeing the recipes but he wasn’t.

I read that. But the notes Anet posted also said 100k, which is why everyone was posting here in the first place. It was Anet’s mistake that started everything.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

We verified that was the case in the Live code and I immediately hopped on here to post that it was a simple update notes typo while the community team worked to update the update notes. I think a days turn around is actually pretty good and I am very pleased that it was not a problem in the code, but rather a simple update notes typo.

It might be quite nice, that it wasn’t a worst case scenario and the recipe in game is wrong. Still the typo in the patch notes already had consequences. The recipe price in the trading post went from ~30g to over 200g in the example of the mad moon. It even was over 400g after being the only recipe. buy orders went from 12g to ~70g. At current market prices crafting the recipe would be ~100g. If it wasn’t for this typo, people would have never listed the price over the 100g. They will probably lose out on their listing fee and possibly lose money because of that typo. Same thing with the people that bought those gifts at 100-200g from orders. Compared to the 1000g-2000g cost the typo said the recipe would cost to craft, buying from the tp seemed to be the way cheaper alternative. Now the TP and the crafting are more or less even and balanced, but it still caused people to buy at way higher prices.

But i guess the population affected by this is way too small for Anet to consider giving out gifts to make up for the loss in money created by a simple typo.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

No apology was necessary. If you read my post you would understand why.

I went off information that Anet themselves gave us (the whole community, not just me). They made a mistake by printing the wrong numbers, and let it turn into a negative disaster on the forums. According to Linsey, they found out about this right away, but didn’t say anything to the community about it. They let the storm build up, while they investigated the situation instead of giving the players a reassurance that it was being investigated.

It wasn’t until after they finally resolved the issue, that they finally decided to say something. After everyone has been upset and complaining about this for over a day now, they finally decided to step forward and say it was incorrect. You know what would of helped calm those players and put their mind at ease? The second they realized it was wrong (and they would of known instantly by all the threads that showed up if they really read these threads), they should of left a note with the community stating “this is not right, we are investigating this”.

It would of stopped the outrage that the players were in, and would of assured them that this was being taken care of and it was incorrect. But they didn’t do that. While they investigated it, they let the players get out of hand and let the negativity descend into madness over all this grind that was in the game.

And all because they applied the incorrect information themselves, not some second hand information. All that second hand information you mention, was from Anet themselves that all the players read. Anet started this, not the players. So I am not going to apologize for their mistake and not being able to inform the players of such a mistake sooner to avoid the storm that already occurred.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Hey guys, looks like the update notes were incorrect. These recipes do not require 100 of the mega materials, they require 10 (that’s 10,000 not 100,000 fangs/skulls/nougat). Sorry for the confusion! We are getting the update notes fixed!

That’s still to many for a holiday event that is supposed to be about going out, having a little bit of fun, and then coming home with a nice reward at the end of the night.

At this rate I’d be better off putting on a sheet and going out trick or treating. At least I’d have a lot of chocolate at the end of the night (which probably wouldn’t even last until the next morning).

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

10k is a lot better than 100k but still a bit ridiculous. I’ve found 2 in the last two days.
That’s two, not two thousand btw!

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

(edited by lunawisp.2378)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Can I get a confirmation on something? Is this 10k materials getting me the RECIPE to craft the gift? Or the gift itself?… (difference of 200g in the construction of the item at current market prices).

Also, are the current drop rates on these items intentional? Because I farmed the labyrinth for… literal hours yesterday (around 6 as it was a day off….) and got like… 10 pieces of nougat? (at 100something magic find after food buffs)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

That’s right! In this case, the issue of “players think this is too expensive” was raised to the coordinator of the team that worked on this update. He then raised that issue to me, the point of contact for all rewards. I said “Holy monkey face, that’s not what it was when I reviewed that stuff! Poop! What happened!? We gotta fix that asap!” and started an email thread about how to fix it, who should fix it, when we could get it into a hotfix, if we should kill switch the recipe to prevent anyone from doing it before we fix it, and discussions about pulling data in case we needed to do a refund for any poor souls who might have already done it. Then we asked the designer on that team to get in the fix and start working it through the approval process to hotfix it. It was at that point when the designer said “but it is already at 10 on Dev, not 100”. We verified that was the case in the Live code and I immediately hopped on here to post that it was a simple update notes typo while the community team worked to update the update notes. I think a days turn around is actually pretty good and I am very pleased that it was not a problem in the code, but rather a simple update notes typo.

Everything is a process. We work really hard to listen to our playerbase and be responsive to their needs. Time is always a mitigating factor and even information takes time to move from one place to another.

If this is the case, then why is it even 10,000? I know the forum had at least 1 thread about the cost for the dragon wings during Dragon Bash, and during that the zaitaffy was at least more common. Granted you guys did scale it back some from that, 10,000 is a lot less than 100,000, but why is it still that costly? You have to do major farming (either for the corn or gold, since its 55ish copper for one on tp) do get that much, let alone the 20,000 for the prince mini or 10,000 for the 20 slot bag. I would have much rather seen 4/5,000 for the recipe and probably the same for the mini (though it could probably be higher, like 8,000), at least those seem more manageable for a person to be able to harvest. Thats just for corn, not even the 3 rare pieces, which you can’t even harvest from nodes and have to rely on luck twice, from drop and from the ToT bags.

10k of the nougats/skulls/fangs is still plain impossible to grind in allotted time. It seems that again someone assumed, that the only valid way to get gear in this game is to farm gold and buy materials off TP. And it’s not like the gift itself is cheap or anything…

Welcome to their new logic.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

^^
This. I can “possibly” see getting 10K candy corn of you grind your butt off. But the recipe specific ingredient, nougat, skulls, fangs? NO WAY. They are NOT dropping at an even remotely reasonable rate to expect players to be able to aquire that many. I checked on the trading post last night. After over 24 hours, there were just over 37K nougats available for sale. That’s 37K being sold TOTAL by all players in the game. That is enough for 3 recipes. W-T-F. I just don’t see where we are supposed to be getting these mats.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

While this is certainly a step in the right direction, the weapons still require an insane amount of ingredients. Remember, this is supposed to be a holiday item, not a legendary or ascended item. So what is the reasoning behind these absurd numbers?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

The prices for everything is messed up..

If you look at chattering skulls they are about 1.5s each.. so 1000 = about 15g.

However, you can buy Gibbering Skulls on the TP for 2g.

So either the chattering is going to drop, or the gibbering is going to go up.. but I guess that will all depend on whats going to happen over the next week or so.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Ten thousand candy corn = 39 inventory/bank spots plus the stack in your collection. I’m sure that isn’t a coincidence…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

10k is a lot better than 100k but still a bit ridiculous. I’ve found 2 in the last two days.
That’s two, not two thousand btw!

Don’t worry, you’d have to drop one every 4 minutes, 24 hours a day, day after day till the end of the event, to get enough for one recipe. Without stopping even for a moment.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I remember when my friend wanted to buy The Crossing for 130g because it was the only staff in game he liked but it seemed too expensive for him. I don’t want to see his reaction to this. …just ridiculous. Anet, why do you want your players to die from farming gold just to look pretty? I wear the same armor set and weapons for more that 6 months now. Do you consider it Okay that we have nothing nice and cheap available in game? There is literally one armor set for sylvari male which looks good on him – cultural T2.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

The point of this thread still stands,
Casual players have no chance of making these items without spending real world money to buy the materials needed

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

100K or 10K, it’s still unreasonably high.

Those recipes should been an alternative to those who are unlucky with drops or too poor to buy it on the TP, by taking some time to gather materials during the event.

But since all materials can be bought, it’s still easy for those with money, yet still way to far for those who are not wealthy.

The recipes — or alternate recipes — should have had a limited account bound item you can’t get many of but doesn’t take countless hours of grind or buying stuff from others in the TP, and less requirements in materials. So they at least can have a go at one of them.

Instead focusing so much in making big earners expend their excess wealth, you should focus in removing or controlling the higher spikes of earning, so there’s noting that works way better than the rest, and so those who don’t do that particular thing are not left out.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

^^
This is where I stand. Even if the number was wrong, 10k of the nougats/skulls/teeth is still extremely out of my reach. I have a full-time job and cannot play enough to earn enough of the materials myself. Nor can I play enough to earn the gold to buy the materials (or just the weapon itself).
However, I do not make enough money at my job to simply buy the gold I would need for the materials, nor any of the weapons themselves.

From playing last year, I’ve saved a lot of the materials. I had enough candy corn, dust, and nougats, but I simply didn’t have the gold to buy the Elonian Wine at the time. So I did not make Recipe: Gift of Souls then.
And so, I was nearly in tears when I realized the change. I had all the stuff I needed to make it before, just not enough gold. Of course, now I do have enough gold, but I won’t ever be able to get enough materials due to how much I can play.

So TLDR, there’s no way I can possibly play enough to earn enough money or materials in the time allotted.

In trying to make the economy what they want it to be, and getting all the hardcore players to spend all their money and materials, Anet has become an equal-opportunity-alienator for everyone else.
Personally, my morale and interest in playing this game are at an all-time low. I logged in to get my dailies, but I didn’t even feel like it so I just logged back out.

(edited by AirimirOfGondor.9081)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I think this is the result of QQing about things being “too easy”, rewards being “handed out” and the game being “care bear”.

Well Happy Halloween, unless there’s a major component we’re missing – these items will take hardcore, dedicated grinding to get and only the most dedicated or lucky (or rich in the case of the TP) will have them.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

I think that there needs to be a happy medium between too hardcore and too easy. Sure, if it’s too easy, its not fun for some people. But if it’s too hard, it’s not fun for a lot of people.

So I just get confused as to why Anet has such trouble finding that happy medium.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

The point of this thread still stands,
Casual players have no chance of making these items without spending real world money to buy the materials needed

Considering how little stock is on the TP, even if you buy the Gems and convert them to in-game gold, you still won’t be able to buy enough.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I think that there needs to be a happy medium between too hardcore and too easy. Sure, if it’s too easy, its not fun for some people. But if it’s too hard, it’s not fun for a lot of people.

So I just get confused as to why Anet has such trouble finding that happy medium.

Hardcores demand a challenge and something they need to work hard for… but then they break down the challenge, find a way to exploit the game’s mechanics to make the content be able to be done in the easiest and fastest way possible and go back to the forums demanding hardcore, challenging content again because what they were given was “too easy” without realizing they’ve sabotaged it themselves. I guess Anet figured the only answer to this was a silly grind because that couldn’t be broken or completed quickly unless gold was spent.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’m talking about the recipes to make the items. Gift of Souls, Gift of the Moon, and Gift of Spiders.

In game, players are saying to make the recipes it takes 100, not 10.

I am looking at Recipe: Gift of Souls, Recipe: Gift of the Moon, Recipe: Gift of Spiders, Gift of Souls, Gift of the Moon, and Gift of Spiders. Both the items and the crafting/mystic forge recipes themselves. No where does it say it takes 100 instead of 10. Players talking in game are incorrect based on the bad information from the update notes.

Someone makes a typo, we bring it up. A forum mod/dev reads it and thinks ‘this can’t be right…’ and emails the appropriate people to confirm this is a typo. They take a while to email back because busy with other stuff/out of office/forgot to have outlook open, then a day later the reply comes through.

This is good news. If I hadn’t read this thread, I never would have known it was a type-o in the release notes. (I dismissed the grind outright when I read it was 100k).

You know what would be a good idea: to use the bulletin-post system in the forum (the one that appears at the top of the page goes away after reading) to let everyone know of the type-o in the patch notes.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

Can I get a confirmation on something? Is this 10k materials getting me the RECIPE to craft the gift? Or the gift itself?… (difference of 200g in the construction of the item at current market prices).

Also, are the current drop rates on these items intentional? Because I farmed the labyrinth for… literal hours yesterday (around 6 as it was a day off….) and got like… 10 pieces of nougat? (at 100something magic find after food buffs)

1. The recipe requiring 10k candy corn and 10k rare mats gets put into the mystic forge and out pops a recipe sheet where you can learn the recipe for the appropriate gift. After you consume the recipe sheet, you can then craft the actual gift, whose recipe is unchanged since last year.

2. The drop rate of halloween mats will go up over the course of the event. How much and in what ways is unclear though.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

2. The drop rate of halloween mats will go up over the course of the event. How much and in what ways is unclear though.

You sure about that? There’s been nothing official stating anything like that, and nothing in game either.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Hooah.4920

Hooah.4920

I am confused, I am at the merchant in Lion’s Arch and it’s 1000 candy corn for a cob, is it supposed to be 100… or what, 1000 just seems like a lot

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

You sure about that? There’s been nothing official stating anything like that, and nothing in game either.

The golem you talk to says so… albeit in vague uncertain terms.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

recipes now cost ~100g . it´s ok.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

1. The recipe requiring 10k candy corn and 10k rare mats gets put into the mystic forge and out pops a recipe sheet where you can learn the recipe for the appropriate gift. After you consume the recipe sheet, you can then craft the actual gift, whose recipe is unchanged since last year.

So in other words… Don’t bother trying.

Ok.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

Is 10k really supposed to be that much better? It’s still an obscene amount…

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

I saw all these threads about the high price and I never thought there was a typo. I, too think that the high numbers are there for the hardcore grinders and the folks that are making bank on the TP so that they have something to do. Even 10k is not for me as a casual. I am surprised that Anet did not notice this or discuss it sooner because of the new spirit of communication that is being rolled out.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MercenaryK.4180

MercenaryK.4180

I think the whole point of this is NOT to farm them up. The whole point of it was to get rid of all the EXTRA candy and bags from last year. Of course this is of no use to anyone that was not here last year or who really wants these items but that’s my thought process on all of this…….

-shrug- all I can hope to try for is the mini and even then I’m not sure it’s worth trying for…

Oh, this explains why I feel punished for being new. Phew, that free trial week lead me to feeling bad for being a new player! I am forced out of experiencing new content via holiday items!

Thanks ANet! The best holiday of the year, and the coolest looking in terms of game content, has swiftly kicked me in the balls for being the new kid in the room…kittens.

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

If you’re after the crossing, mad moon, or arachnophobia, you should just farm up some gold and buy the finished product off the trading post. The supply of these weapons will be unaffected by this update, since practically nobody will actually unlock the recipes. Demand might go up now that people realise that the recipe is unattainable this year, people who wanted to wait to get it now realise they have no choice but to buy. But I don’t suspect the price will be affected that much.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Unless we see more open world candy corn nodes as the event progresses. I agree that 10,000 is still a obscene amount of candy corn needed for a bag.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

After some reflection, I think that the reason why prices for the recipes (and the bag) are so high is that ANet is trying to clear the oversupply for festive materials. Their reasoning is probably that “only a small percentage of players will be able to make the Halloween skins, which promotes rarity, and other players can profit by selling candy/skulls/fangs/nougat”. And of course, since it all goes through the TP, it provides the added benefit of keeping the massive profits earned from Champ farming in check.

That isn’t to say that I think the prices ARE higher than they need to be. The recipes could probably be slashed to needing just 5 refined Halloween mats (based on the available supply on the TP), while the Halloween bags could be reduced to 5k Candy Corn (again, looking at the supply of CC on the TP. I think the cheaper price would be more than compensated for by more players deciding to get a 20 slot bag for cheaper, resulting in the same goal of wiping out the CC supply).

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

implying that this game was supposed to NOT be a boring grind.

Whatever happened to having fun and properly being rewarded for it? so, for instance, you change a boss fight to such an extend that it requires to be coordinated over Teamspeak or other VOIP software and also requires about 100+ people to actually pull off, and for what? a bunch of blue and green junk and if i am lucky, a few yellow drops.
That isnt exactly rewarding, you know?
Same goes for all the Living Story related item rewards. And boy am i seeing plenty of those Queens Pavillion torches because people feel so rewarded with them. /sarcasm
Do you yourselves consider these “rewards” rewarding? if so, at what point did you conclude that a mask that most likely only looks good on light armor classes while looking completely rediculous on heavy and medium armor classes, would be a good reward? To be quite honest, I would feel more rewarded with a title than most of this junk, to be blunt. And those achievements you have to do for that tend to include more boring grind aswell, apart from the boring grind you have to do to mass up the gold to avoid the other boring grind that you would have to go through otherwise to get that one thing you actually desire, since just about everything else thrown at you doesnt quite cut it?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

For what it’s worth, this has precedence in the Holographic Dragon Wings, where it was far, FAR easier just to buy them off the TP than farm 100 Jorbreakers. :P

The difference being that the wing skin actually dropped during that event. These weapons don’t (at least not presently).

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

If you’re after the crossing, mad moon, or arachnophobia, you should just farm up some gold and buy the finished product off the trading post. The supply of these weapons will be unaffected by this update, since practically nobody will actually unlock the recipes. Demand might go up now that people realise that the recipe is unattainable this year, people who wanted to wait to get it now realise they have no choice but to buy. But I don’t suspect the price will be affected that much.

That’s part of the problem though. If I wanted to just buy the weapon, i would have done it months ago. I was looking forward to grinding out the materials and crafting it. That is part of the fun for me. I spend plenty of money on the trading post for QOL stuff, but certain things i want to actually “earn” or work for. Simply, it gives me something to do and it’s fun. But the mat cost for these recipes? Just absurd. I have ~9-10 hours in the labrynth so far (yes i have a full time job, school, and a family but that’s still a reasonable amount over the course of 2 days) and I am not even remotely close to even getting started on this material list. I mean seriously, WTF. The candy corn? maybe yeah, i will have that within a few days i imagine. But the nougat? No kittening way.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

Unless we see more open world candy corn nodes as the event progresses. I agree that 10,000 is still a obscene amount of candy corn needed for a bag.

10000 candy corns = 3333 nodes = 3333 times pressing “E” = 33 mining picks.

That is ridiculous.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Tyrion Temple.7650

Tyrion Temple.7650

Whilst I’m sure many are appreciative of the fact that there was a typographical error which massively inflated the stated costs for the initial recipe to even create the gifts there has, as yet, still been no reason given for why the crafting material requirement was changed in the first place.

How can it possibly be justified that material requirements which were at the level of, at most, a full stack of any single material are now, thanks to the introduction of these meta-materials, up to 10,000 (10 meta’s) from 250 (40 times the previous amount) and this be thought reasonable by the Dev Team Members responsible for it’s implementation?

Essentially what you have created is a section of the playerbase whom had previously obtained the recipes for the gifts in question, being able to still craft these weapons using the old recipe and other players being priced out of the market as it would cost, in some cases, substantially more than even the final weapons themselves. All this to create the initial recipe for a gift which is only one ingredient out of yet another recipe for the weapon itself!

I have quoted the last paragraph of an earlier response made by Linsey Murdock and put in bold the relevant section as I think seems very much not to be the case in this particular instance. If the playerbase were being listened to in any way, it would seem that none of our concerns on this matter are being taken into account nor, as stated earlier, a reason even offered as to why this change was made.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Illysharia.7286

Illysharia.7286

Whilst I’m sure many are appreciative of the fact that there was a typographical error which massively inflated the stated costs for the initial recipe to even create the gifts there has, as yet, still been no reason given for why the crafting material requirement was changed in the first place.

How can it possibly be justified that material requirements which were at the level of, at most, a full stack of any single material are now, thanks to the introduction of these meta-materials, up to 10,000 (10 meta’s) from 250 (40 times the previous amount) and this be thought reasonable by the Dev Team Members responsible for it’s implementation?

Essentially what you have created is a section of the playerbase whom had previously obtained the recipes for the gifts in question, being able to still craft these weapons using the old recipe and other players being priced out of the market as it would cost, in some cases, substantially more than even the final weapons themselves. All this to create the initial recipe for a gift which is only one ingredient out of yet another recipe for the weapon itself!

I have quoted the last paragraph of an earlier response made by Linsey Murdock and put in bold the relevant section as I think seems very much not to be the case in this particular instance. If the playerbase were being listened to in any way, it would seem that none of our concerns on this matter are being taken into account nor, as stated earlier, a reason even offered as to why this change was made.

I stopped playing and actually uninstalled GW2 sometime late spring because I was so disappointed how far off track the game has gone and how utterly out of touch the Dev’s have become with the playerbase . However, I still loosely follow the forums and I figured with the whole “Collaborative” communication that has (re)surfaced (remember folks, this was promised before), this Halloween event might be pretty amazing. So, I re-installed last week and prepared to have some fun.

..And I’m left scratching my head and wondering who is running the show over there. It certainly isn’t the team that launched the game. Guys, you had so much potential with GW2 and you are running it off a cliff.

See, you had me as a customer at one point. The game was awesome! It simply isn’t anymore. The slew of topics in the collaboration thread pretty much cover why I walked away from GW2. The way the Mad King event was handled this year hasn’t enticed me to come back.

I’ll check back in the new year.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Idanaeris.5723

Idanaeris.5723

I want one of the dev’s that decided on this rubbish to go and actually farm them up. If they aren’t willing to do it and it’s their own creation, they shouldn’t expect their players to be willing to do it either.

I agree with this. I think that those who create things should primarily, first of all, put themselves in the place of the person enjoying or exploring their creation and imagine accurately the feelings it would generate before throwing it in our precious little game.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I’ve stopped playing as hardcore as I was, but even if I still was, I’d still think the grind in this patch is absolutely ridiculous. So yeah take it from me that this isn’t even viable for hardcore players. It’s only viable for the super rich (thousands of gold) players that screw the market/other players over for their own greed.

GW1, a fun game, with balanced and easy gear progression, with fun holiday events, the game requires skill and thinking that even casual players could handle, as well as the option to make the game harder. There were some grinds involved but it didn’t take away from the game, the fun or the content. Great story.

GW2, MASH 1 ON CHAMP IN CHAMP TRAIN. Credit card x9001. PvE completely dumbed down. Amass lots of money and then use it to manipulate the trading post to ruin content for other players. Time gated vertical gear progression. Ignored pvp game modes. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Poor story and continued poor story.

That’s a quick overview of both games, and what they are centred around. What’s sad is the one about GW2 is the truth.

You know the direction of this game is broken when the holiday events are completely screwed over.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)