200.000 chattering = 740g to NPC

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Miss.5930

Miss.5930

Recipe for Gift of Spiders requires 10 candy corn cob and 10 high-quality plastic fang.

10,000 candy corn cob x 60c (avg trading post price) = 60 gold
10,000 plastic fang x 90c (avg trading post price) = 90 gold

So the recipe will cost more than 150 gold. This is ridiculous! How can a staff member saidthat the actual Arachnophobia is less than 100 gold?

Guild Leader of Archangels Haven [HALO] from SOR
FB: https://www.facebook.com/gw2HALO

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Okay, now I’m curious.

Are these actual Legendaries? Considering the cost…

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

No they’re exotic. And the 740g cost was calculated by the numbers originally posted in the patch note to get the recipe, not make the actual weapon. In any case, the numbers were revealed to be 10x higher than intended. Now the cost for the recipe is down to around 150g. The cost to actually MAKE the weapons are right around 300-400g which isn’t unusual for exotic weapons, like immobulus, vision of the mists, etc.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No they’re exotic. And the 740g cost was calculated by the numbers originally posted in the patch note to get the recipe, not make the actual weapon. In any case, the numbers were revealed to be 10x higher than intended. Now the cost for the recipe is down to around 150g. The cost to actually MAKE the weapons are right around 300-400g which isn’t unusual for exotic weapons, like immobulus, vision of the mists, etc.

and you can buy them off TP for 250… go figure.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

But those are not festival-related. And their materials drop all year long. There’s a short window for this.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

If you unlock the recipe you can make the item with materials avaliable all year round too. And when you could do that, the price settled around 200gp each, where its stayed even during the new event. There isn’t even a short window to make the recipe; you can buy the materials on the trading post after the even, and if last year is any indicator, the prices will be rock bottom for months after the conclusion of the event. But really, don’t bother with the recipe, its too expensive this year. Just save up and buy the weapon itself.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think the whole point of this is NOT to farm them up. The whole point of it was to get rid of all the EXTRA candy and bags from last year. Of course this is of no use to anyone that was not here last year or who really wants these items but that’s my thought process on all of this…….

-shrug- all I can hope to try for is the mini and even then I’m not sure it’s worth trying for…

Oh, this explains why I feel punished for being new. Phew, that free trial week lead me to feeling bad for being a new player! I am forced out of experiencing new content via holiday items!

Thanks ANet! The best holiday of the year, and the coolest looking in terms of game content, has swiftly kicked me in the balls for being the new kid in the room…kittens.

I feel sorry for you man. If all this looks like a giant task for me who has been playing since the start of the game and with some cash tucked away. I can only imagine how horrid and sad it is for any new players.

Think of it this way. Last year they brought items into the game that you can’t get now unless you spend a lot of cash in real life. However they did bring in new items, still for cash in real life but not just as much. That is what is intended for new players.

I was here last year when Halloween came and they offered new costumes (to fight in) as well as these weapons through RNG via BLTC chests. I had to seriously decide then and there if I wanted to spend more real life cash to try my luck at getting these items or to straight up buy the costumes. At that point I decided no because the game was still new(ish) and I had spent a ton already on all bank slot upgrades, bag slot upgrades and enough extra char slots to have all 8 classes (all again with full bag slot upgrades). I thought to myself “this game is still new, I have spent so much already I am not sure I want to invest so much so soon incase it all turns to crud, I’ll wait until next year”. That was my mistake….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

If you unlock the recipe you can make the item with materials avaliable all year round too. And when you could do that, the price settled around 200gp each, where its stayed even during the new event. There isn’t even a short window to make the recipe; you can buy the materials on the trading post after the even, and if last year is any indicator, the prices will be rock bottom for months after the conclusion of the event. But really, don’t bother with the recipe, its too expensive this year. Just save up and buy the weapon itself.

The materials aren’t available all year. I don’t understand how you think buying it off the trading post is an acceptable alternative to being able to gather up the materials. This is clearly an unreasonable grind for the time period, unless they massively adjust drop rates, particularly of the rare items.

Seriously, Anet, get in there and try to gather up 10,000 chattering skulls. Take your pick of just ONE of the rare item types.

If you want to make last year’s stuff really hard to get, that’s fine. But at least include some new skins for this year that can be more common and more easily crafted. There is currently nothing fun to work toward making in this event, and that’s terribly sad.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

I didn’t say it was reasonable, I just said they were technically incorrect. THE BEST KIND OF INCORRECT. I agree with you completely, actually. The only new content is RNG gem store content, and that kitten sucks. That said, I don’t find their crestfallen demeanor entirely appropriate, given that you can just buy the skins on the tp for around 150g and falling. Whether you grind the materials or grind the gp, what does it matter so long as you get the skin you’re after? Then again, I’ve always been a pragmatist. Just do what’s easiest/cheapest, and don’t sweat it if you didn’t get it exactly the way you wanted.

in Blood and Madness

Astralporing.1957

Whether you grind the materials or grind the gp, what does it matter so long as you get the skin you’re after?

It does matter. Not reacting tells Anet we’re okay with this kind of pricing. Tells them they can use it again in the future, and sets bad precedents for the rest of the game.
Basically, saying “what does it matter” means “it’s okay for this game to be based on insane grind”.
No, it’s not okay.

Actions, not words.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

From my perspective it’s pretty disappointing. I play rather casually and no, I don’t want everything handed to me I can wait a bit and slowly trying to get what I need and actually gathering the mats is part of the fun for me.

I didn’t bother with halloween that much last year, so I just a got a few of the mats, but because the recipe stayed untoched for nearly 10 months I really thought I could collect the mats for it this year and then slowly getting the rest.

Well as it’s now the recipes are completely out of reach now for me. It’s even more disappointing because it’s nothing new. It’s the same recipes as last year just needing insanely more mats. I could now try to get it over several years, each year collecting a bit but since they just changed it I can’t be sure that it wont be even worse next year. Maybe it’s actually 100k nougats or something then, so stoped to bother with it entirely.

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

Its obviously not ok, and I’m not saying that you shouldn’t tell Anet its stupid, but they also collect data from the event. When they see the pathetically small number of players who made any of these recipes, they’ll known that it was stupid. What I’m saying is you should say “10k skulls? that’s stupid” and buy it on the trading post, rather than dwelling on it like its the end of the world.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

Its obviously not ok, and I’m not saying that you shouldn’t tell Anet its stupid, but they also collect data from the event. When they see the pathetically small number of players who made any of these recipes, they’ll known that it was stupid. What I’m saying is you should say “10k skulls? that’s stupid” and buy it on the trading post, rather than dwelling on it like its the end of the world.

Or maybe they’ll see players buying gems to get gold and buy the mats, and they’ll think “we got money, mission accomplished” ?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

If this is the case, then why is it even 10,000? I know the forum had at least 1 thread about the cost for the dragon wings during Dragon Bash, and during that the zaitaffy was at least more common. Granted you guys did scale it back some from that, 10,000 is a lot less than 100,000, but why is it still that costly? You have to do major farming (either for the corn or gold, since its 55ish copper for one on tp) do get that much, let alone the 20,000 for the prince mini or 10,000 for the 20 slot bag.

The acceptibility cap is at 1,000. Still a chore but very doable by most busy people over a course of 4 weeks.

in Blood and Madness

Astralporing.1957

For candy corn, yes. For nougat, fangs and skulls i’d say 250 of the normal, base mats should be the max.

Actions, not words.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Whether you grind the materials or grind the gp, what does it matter so long as you get the skin you’re after?

It does matter. Not reacting tells Anet we’re okay with this kind of pricing. Tells them they can use it again in the future, and sets bad precedents for the rest of the game.
Basically, saying “what does it matter” means “it’s okay for this game to be based on insane grind”.
No, it’s not okay.

Except how many other things have we done that with (at the least RNG chests and jorbreakers)? And look how many times they ‘listened’…
So saying we don’t like it and not saying anything at all will pretty much have the same effect.

The acceptibility cap is at 1,000. Still a chore but very doable by most busy people over a course of 4 weeks.

Yeah 1,000 is still a lot, but doable in 28ish days. 10,000 however is not, which requires you to buy them off the tp which in turn makes you susceptible to the market manipulators/rich 1%.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Except how many other things have we done that with (at the least RNG chests and jorbreakers)? And look how many times they ‘listened’…
So saying we don’t like it and not saying anything at all will pretty much have the same effect.

If you never use your voice then nothing will ever change for sure. If you do use your voice there is the chance things will change. Especially if your voice is joined by others to create a chorus that cannot be drowned out.

in Blood and Madness

skullmount.1758

If you never use your voice then nothing will ever change for sure. If you do use your voice there is the chance things will change. Especially if your voice is joined by others to create a chorus that cannot be drowned out.

Thats true, but just ‘cuz they ’hear’ us doesn’t mean they’ll do anything about it. I do hope they do something, and they hopefully try to explain these ridiculous amounts in tomorrows live stream (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/bam/GW2-Livestream-History-of-Tyrian-Halloween/first#post3086107). Hopefully if it appears enough times in that thread, maybe they’ll finally address it…

Darkhaven server

in Blood and Madness

Astralporing.1957

Thats true, but just ‘cuz they ’hear’ us doesn’t mean they’ll do anything about it.

But if they won’t hear, even the slim chance of them doing anything about it will disappear into nothing. If you give up at doing something simply because you might fail, then you will definitely fail.

And yes, i wonder if they’ll address that question in the livestream. Especially in the context of them claiming that they desire better communication with the community now.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Why the game just can’t offer a selected skin gift for 15-20 achievement completition?
Let’s take the time and have FUN meanwhile doing these, so we don’t need to grind 10 hours through the same enemies a day.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Blood and Madness

skullmount.1758

All these threads and posts and still no response from Anet on their reasoning behind making these ridiculous requirements.

Darkhaven server

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

All these threads and posts and still no response from Anet on their reasoning behind making these ridiculous requirements.

Marketing told them it was a hot potato so they’re not touching it other than that first correction post. The economist told them the extra cc HAS TO GO so that’s what they have to do.

I swear a video game with an economist….

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Marketing told them it was a hot potato so they’re not touching it other than that first correction post. The economist told them the extra cc HAS TO GO so that’s what they have to do.

Source, or just speculation?

I’d be more worried if they didn’t have at least one person in charge of the economy. MMORPG economies are extremely complex, and to the players who have to interact with them, pretty important. Tracking and managing that requires a particular set of skills and expertise.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Blood and Madness

skullmount.1758

Probably. But all thats doing is making more people mad (at least it is with me).

Darkhaven server

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Source, or just speculation?

Speculation obviously.

I’d be more worried if they didn’t have at least one person in charge of the economy. MMORPG economies are extremely complex, and to the players who have to interact with them, pretty important. Tracking and managing that requires a particular set of skills and expertise.

What it means is that the economy is too big of a part of your game and ruins the fun. It’s exactly what happened with D3 and exactly the reason they’re removing the AH.

in Blood and Madness

Astralporing.1957

To quote myself:

And yes, i wonder if they’ll address that question in the livestream. Especially in the context of them claiming that they desire better communication with the community now.

They not only didn’t addres those questions. They made a show of pretending that no such questions were even asked.
That in itself is a kind of an answer.

Actions, not words.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

To quote myself:

They not only didn’t addres those questions. They made a show of pretending that no such questions were even asked.

That’s hugely disappointing.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

To quote myself:

Guess we can expect 3x the grind when Christmas rolls around.

kitten, at this point, I hope the game crashes and burns so Anet can realize just how dumb they’re acting.