BLC Weapon Skins

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chipsnsalsa.2714

Chipsnsalsa.2714

Any idea if the Black Lion Chest weapon skins (re: staff scythe, greatsaw greatsword, etc) will be making a return?

I’ve been hoarding keys for quite some time now hoping they do, in some form.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I need staff for my necro(

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

With luck these are things we can craft

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

No offense but I hope to god they do NOT come back EVER… These should be something that people who have been around since the beginning have a priviledge of owning. They can go ahead and make new weapons but I will be EXTREMELY kittened off if they bring these back…

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I am hoping they do new skins and keep every years skins unique. Like they did in GW1 with holiday hats.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The difference is that the GW hats were readily available to everyone who participated, which is not the case with the RNG skins.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Yeah, I don’t know how I feel about this. I say they just pull an SAB and touch up the old skins a bit to pass them off as new ones. Would be a shame if we didn’t get the chainsaw this year.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Well, considering the idea at the start was to have every back piece and weapon set unique and only available once…

And now they are pretty much all available for black lion tickets…. except for the mad king skins…

My money is on everything returning. I really want the mad king memories to remain unique too, and after SAB, that might happen. But I wouldn’t hold my breath on the weapon skins.

Awesomesauce would be if they released the rest of the set without any of the pieces they released last year.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I hope they keep the skins out of BLC’s.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

No offense but I hope to god they do NOT come back EVER… These should be something that people who have been around since the beginning have a priviledge of owning. They can go ahead and make new weapons but I will be EXTREMELY kittened off if they bring these back…

How is that fair? They are just skins anyway.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You can buy them today on the TP. I can make an account today and have one. I’m not sure what you are getting at.

Personally I hate time exclusive content in MMOs. As someone who has played since the first BWE they still kitten me off.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I’d be ok with them coming back for 5 tickets like the other other old skins in the vendor. There are limited time skins on the TP from last halloween that people have spend hundreds of gold on and it would be unfair for them to make this set a special exception by making them widely available, killing the rarity and market value.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

The issue is, that now a year has gone by and these what were to be “limited time only” items have created their own market value based upon said limited availability. People have spent MOUNTAINS of gold buying them or like my self busted butt to get them when they were around. To release them again would screw over everyone who put for either the significant time or money to get these.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

The issue is, that now a year has gone by and these what were to be “limited time only” items have created their own market value based upon said limited availability. People have spent MOUNTAINS of gold buying them or like my self busted butt to get them when they were around. To release them again would screw over everyone who put for either the significant time or money to get these.

And not to have them would, be unfair to those that were not able to be there then or are new now to the game. Honestly it’s a once a year item they will go back up in price by summer time again (unless they make them a certain amount of tickets to claim them thing). But I fail to see how those that cannot afford them now, around 400g for the ghastly grinning shield alone, should not be able to get one this year. If they do not come back you can be sure that the cheapest ones will probably nearly double in price.

They did bring back the other wep skins from previous sales and BLCs so it wouldn’t surprise me if they do bring them back for 5-7 tickets each.

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

How is that fair? They are just skins anyway.

This.

I was here for the first Halloween, and I want them to return (and thats not just because I didn’t get any of the skins (of which the scythe was the only one I wanted)). Its the same thing with the jetpack from MF. Its total bullkitten to not have it come back, because its all based on the kitten kitten RNG. I’m sure you only opened a few chests and got the scythe/greatsword, so you feel other must not be able to get it, whereas most other opened a lot of chests and got kitten (or in the case of the jetpack, some ran it everyday, multiple times (like I did) and got jack kitten). If its based on doing something specifically and getting that skin guaranteed, then maybe you have a point and it shouldn’t come back. But even in that case I don’t think it should be locked to only one time to acquire it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by Moderator)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Kal Spiro.9745

So only people who happened to be around and got extra lucky, or who bought them from someone who got extra lucky should be allowed to have them? Sorry, but go be kittened off in your special “none for you all for me” elitist corner. I was here for Halloween last year. I did all the events and got 100% on the achievements, but I didn’t please the RNG gods and was not willing to spend the gold to buy a skin so I couldn’t get them. So should I not get the chance again to make good on that just because you happened to be lucky? That is a big honking load of bullkitten right there.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Like many others, I was present for the entirety of the first Halloween event. I got the title, I did the pvp, and I did the dungeon for like two days straight. Only thing I didn’t do was waste money on chest keys. Guess what? I got absolute squat in the way of skins. I think the only skin I got was that gourd looking one, which I destroyed. No one wants that thing. Basically, people who put in just as much (or maybe even more) effort than you and others with skins did still ended up with nothing. It’s not even remotely about skill, it’s about luck. There’s no majesty in that.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mirror Owl.7204

Mirror Owl.7204

I really dislike this mentality. I don’t like the timegated reward things. I’ve “been around since the beginning” (as if that makes me special?) so it’s not like that’s the issue.

For example I missed the Secrets of Southsun event that granted Fervid Censer. I absolutely love how that backpiece would look on my toon, but I can never have it because I was too busy to play during the timegated period. Is that fair?

*Edit, lol at all the people jumping down this guy’s throat. Sorry to tagteam.

Ehmry
[SM] Storm Machine guild leader

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

There was an announcement a bit back about them pulling the recipes for this year’s revamp. I’m sure they’ll be here, it’s just a matter of how we’ll be able to get them.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

So only people who happened to be around and got extra lucky, or who bought them from someone who got extra lucky should be allowed to have them? Sorry, but go be kittened off in your special “none for you all for me” elitist corner. I was here for Halloween last year. I did all the events and got 100% on the achievements, but I didn’t please the RNG gods and was not willing to spend the gold to buy a skin so I couldn’t get them. So should I not get the chance again to make good on that just because you happened to be lucky? That is a big honking load of bullkitten right there.

and again… this isn’t elitism… this is working my tail off farming BLC keys in order to open TONS of chests and get the skins that we were told would be gone FOREVER after Halloween ended. To be honest I suppose I just don’t get this sense of entitlement that everyone has. Why is it that you think you should be entitled to get something that you weren’t here for a year ago? To put it into real world terms, you find a collectors item that you like or an antique. Do you A) pay a premium price to have something you want due to it no longer being made since you want it so desperately or contact the manufacturer and demand they make the item again and sell it to you at original price because it’s not fair you weren’t around when they were originally made?

To me trying to argue for option B is a bit ludicrous and the same principle is applicable here. When Halloween was winding down last year they SPECIFICALLY put onto the BL page to get the Mad King Chests now before the Halloween skins were gone FOREVER… yes, they said FOREVER…

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

and again… this isn’t elitism… this is working my tail off farming BLC keys in order to open TONS of chests and get the skins that we were told would be gone FOREVER after Halloween ended. To be honest I suppose I just don’t get this sense of entitlement that everyone has. Why is it that you think you should be entitled to get something that you weren’t here for a year ago? To put it into real world terms, you find a collectors item that you like or an antique. Do you A) pay a premium price to have something you want due to it no longer being made since you want it so desperately or contact the manufacturer and demand they make the item again and sell it to you at original price because it’s not fair you weren’t around when they were originally made?

To me trying to argue for option B is a bit ludicrous and the same principle is applicable here. When Halloween was winding down last year they SPECIFICALLY put onto the BL page to get the Mad King Chests now before the Halloween skins were gone FOREVER… yes, they said FOREVER…

Limited time item, does not mean “Wont ever come back”. Or do you also buy coins off late night infommericials?

Also you worked your tail off to get chests? Two things wrong with that. 1. Working to farm items in a game is a bit sad. See, most people “work” at “work” and play a game to “play”. When that line gets crossed, you need to look at a bigger picture. 2. Its all RNG man. Don’t matter how many chests. Its not like you did something your average monkey could not do. Some got lucky, some didn’t. Stop making it sound like you did something amazing lol.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Golgathoth.3967

Wanting other people to not have what you have because that makes you feel better sure seems like some form of elitism to me. I’ve dealt with it for years throughout MMOs. If I’ve learned anything over all this time, it’s that often what you’re working for is the chance to have it first, not the chance to be the only one to own it.

If the skins don’t come back, I’m fine with it. I’m sure not paying that much on the TP for them, and I still feel sore that there was such extreme RNG to get them in the first place, but it won’t matter in the long run. At the same time, whatever skins they have this year I just hope they learned from the last holiday and don’t lump the best chance into opening BL chests. That was just straight up bull.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Limited time item, does not mean “Wont ever come back”. Or do you also buy coins off late night infommericials?

Also you worked your tail off to get chests? Two things wrong with that. 1. Working to farm items in a game is a bit sad. See, most people “work” at “work” and play a game to “play”. When that line gets crossed, you need to look at a bigger picture. 2. Its all RNG man. Don’t matter how many chests. Its not like you did something your average monkey could not do. Some got lucky, some didn’t. Stop making it sound like you did something amazing lol.

Please read my last sentence as it completely nullifies your first sentence…

Never claimed to have done anything amazing… I opened more chests therefore giving me more opportunities to play the RNG Roulette… How I did that was by farming keys.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

There is a good chance the skins will be brought back just as another BLC ticket series

#ELEtism

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Golgathoth.3967

Where are you getting that they said the skins would never be back? I legitimately don’t remember, if you find a link or something I’ll believe you.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

The preview mentions “special crafting items needed for Halloween weapons” being tradeable for candy corn. I took that to meant he weapons are craftable and not BLC-related. I guess they could put the recipes in BLC’s or something, but that doesn’t seem likely.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The preview mentions “special crafting items needed for Halloween weapons” being tradeable for candy corn. I took that to meant he weapons are craftable and not BLC-related. I guess they could put the recipes in BLC’s or something, but that doesn’t seem likely.

Could be like last year where there are some craftable Halloween weapons (in fact, I’d wager that the reason they removed The Crossing, Arachnophobia, and Mad Moon was to implement these new crafting items into their recipes) and some BLC ones.

I’d be super happy if they were all craftable, though.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Alarid.2704

Alarid.2704

The easiest way to nullify the value of new ones is to make them Account Bound. That way, more people get a shot at obtaining them, but once the event is over, the original ones won’t drop down to nothing, since there will still be a demand from another group who couldn’t hop on early.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

If you look at the Halloween weapon skins they are greens and blues…

Chances are you gonna see a lot of them this year.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Could be like last year where there are some craftable Halloween weapons (in fact, I’d wager that the reason they removed The Crossing, Arachnophobia, and Mad Moon was to implement these new crafting items into their recipes) and some BLC ones.

I’d be super happy if they were all craftable, though.

I really liked the idea that even after halloween if your luck with RNG is bad you still could get the skin through craftable means I’v yet to see a situation where making something craftable has make it worthless in the TP.

#ELEtism

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chess Jurist.3580

Chess Jurist.3580

We’ll if Anet was smart, they would realize that making the previous Halloween skins unavailable will give people more incentive to play the game. Plus, with the hyped up Halloween event coming, I’m sure that Anet sees the potential profit they could make with the gem and coin conversion for those ever so dear skins.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I think the only skin I got was that gourd looking one, which I destroyed. No one wants that thing.

Grinning gourd rifle? I use it on my engi

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The easiest way to nullify the value of new ones is to make them Account Bound. That way, more people get a shot at obtaining them, but once the event is over, the original ones won’t drop down to nothing, since there will still be a demand from another group who couldn’t hop on early.

I’d be OK with that. I still think that the way the SAB v1 skins were released were the perfect compromise:

a) Farm tokens to buy an account-bound version of the skin

b) Hope to get a lucky drop from a chest

c) Buy the skins off the TP (which come from players in Group B who don’t like the skins)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

What about those who played the game at that time but never got the drop? If you logged onto GW2 before Nov. 1 I think they should have a chance to drop for you. Makes sense to me considering it’s RNG.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Kal Spiro.9745

and again… this isn’t elitism… this is working my tail off farming BLC keys in order to open TONS of chests and get the skins that we were told would be gone FOREVER after Halloween ended.

I’ll stop you right there because after this nothing you have to say it relevant. It IS Elitism. It’s the definition of elitism. I have something because I was able to get it when it was there, you weren’t so you cannot have it. That is elitism.

If you told me that you worked your kitten off by running the Halloween dungeon twenty times a day each day, ran the clocktower twenty times a day each day, opened one hundred doors each day, and got high score in lunatics labyrinth each day because that was the minimum amount of effort required to get one skin, then your “work” would have merit. “I worked to farm keys to have an exceedingly rare chance to get something through RNG,” means absolutely kitten. You didn’t do any work. You got lucky. Your luck doesn’t warrant you any worth over anyone else nor does it entitle you to keep that same thing out of the hands of anyone new. You didn’t do anything at all to get it and as such deserve nothing for having it.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

panzer.6034

People can decry “elitism” while feeling entitled to anything they want but we were expressly given the following philosophy by Anet earlier this year as a defense for not bringing back the original SAB weapon skins:

Josh Foreman

It’s a design aesthetic. A lot people want prestige items which means limiting them. You can limit items by making the amount of time/resources required to get them very large, or you can limit them having them in for a limited time only. We could make every item easy to attain and permanently available, but then we lose the prestige factor. If you don’t value the prestige factor, then no arguments are going to make you understand. It would be like arguing someone into liking heavy metal or kimchi. Personally, I don’t particularly value the prestige factor, but I understand that it is a HUGE motivating force that drives the engine of the economy.

They actively defended their plan to not rerelease skins that were limited time only and already available on the TP for everyone else. There’s also a Colin Johanson quote somewhere saying how they won’t bring the jetpack back in order to maintain it’s value and prestige (which is also available on the TP for sale if you missed the event).

I personally know there are people who are new to the game and have busted their kitten to get hundreds of gold so they could buy limited offer halloween items from last year. IDK how they will be handled, but reintroducing them in a way that severely devalues them is a big F.U. to anyone who bought into what Anet lead us to believe about limited time skins remaining rare/valuable/prestigious.

If they bring them back, they should charge 5+ tickets like the other limited time BLC skins instead of presenting them in a way that kills their value and takes a dump on people’s hard work. Putting out skins with the foreword that they will be just as easily gained again at some point in the future is one thing, but it’s shady to tell us something is limited and give us multiple posts about maintaining value and prestige through limited time availability and then turn around and make similar items (still on the TP with an established market value) as easy to get again as they were in the first place.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Kal Spiro.9745

And yet nothing about that sayings that they can’t be available again. Being available for one month every year is still limited and prestigious. Being available for one month or requiring a months worth of gathering at a single node in your home instance to accomplish crafting is still limited and prestigious.

Saying, I got it when it first happened so you shouldn’t be able to get it again is elitist. Period. It isn’t a question of ANets design choices, the direction they choose to go, nor what they mean by limited and prestigious. It’s telling someone that since they missed it they should not be given the opportunity to get it. Everyone should get the opportunity, that doesn’t mean they will, but the default attitude of saying no I don’t want you to have what I have is what is elitist.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

panzer.6034

Saying, I got it when it first happened so you shouldn’t be able to get it again is elitist. Period. It isn’t a question of ANets design choices, the direction they choose to go, nor what they mean by limited and prestigious. It’s telling someone that since they missed it they should not be given the opportunity to get it. Everyone should get the opportunity, that doesn’t mean they will, but the default attitude of saying no I don’t want you to have what I have is what is elitist.

Then buy it like everyone else has this past year, they’re still on the TP. If you want it to be rereleased so that it becomes cheaper than the price that new players have been grinding for the past few months then that’s just as much an over-inflated sense of entitlement as wanting no one to have is a sense of elitism.

If it comes back at all, it should cost 5+ BLC tickets like the other rare chest skins.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Kal Spiro.9745

Then buy it like everyone else has this past year, they’re still on the TP. If you want it to be rereleased so that it becomes cheaper than the price that new players have been grinding for the past few months then that’s just as much an over-inflated sense of entitlement as wanting no one to have is a sense of elitism.

If it comes back at all, it should cost 5+ BLC tickets like the other rare chest skins.

You have a very odd sense of reality. But I could definitely care less what happens to prices on the trading post. It’s already a ridiculously over inflated waste of space.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

I Have skins and I don’t want you to be able to get them

Oh booo hooo.

All the skins should be attainable in some way. If they want to ADD addition skins to what was already there last year then I’m all for it, but replacing skins from last year with completely different skins would make way too many people mad, myself included.

Those skins last year were practically impossible to get unless you wanted to spend real money, which is why last year was a huge upset and the forums were crazed about it, probably why they’re going to allow us to craft weapons this year instead.

A lot of people didn’t get what they wanted last year because they didn’t want to spend real money on a gambling system (BLC). It was basically pay2win and pay2fail at the same time.

So, A LOT of people are looking forward to this year in the hopes they can get the skins that they literally could not get last year because nobody could get them because nobody wanted to spend cash on RNG. So replacing the skins with different ones would be hitting an old hornets nest and I don’t think ANET want’s that.

Those people that have greatsword chainsaw skins on the TP and other skins like ghastly shield for 200g+ need to GET OVER IT. Just like the precursor guys crying because you are EXPLOITING a system that was designed poorly by anet. I am actually thoroughly shocked that they did not make these halloween skins and precursors account bound a LONG time ago. It would have solved a plethora of problems.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I Have skins and I don’t want you to be able to get them

Oh booo hooo.

All the skins should be attainable in some way. If they want to ADD addition skins to what was already there last year then I’m all for it, but replacing skins from last year with completely different skins would make way too many people mad, myself included.

Those skins last year were practically impossible to get unless you wanted to spend real money, which is why last year was a huge upset and the forums were crazed about it, probably why they’re going to allow us to craft weapons this year instead.

A lot of people didn’t get what they wanted last year because they didn’t want to spend real money on a gambling system (BLC).

So, A LOT of people are looking forward to this year in the hopes they can get the skins that they literally could not get last year because nobody could get them because nobody wanted to spend cash on RNG. So replacing the skins with different ones would be hitting an old hornets nest and I don’t think ANET want’s that.

^So much this…

…I don’t mind the hats being one year only. One of the things I looked forward to for holidays was getting a different hat. If I missed it, I was bummed, but that was ok. The skins for the weapons on the other hand, where always available, year after year, for those that may not have necessarily gotten on the previous year (candy cane weapons anyone?). And this was good. People were happy with this. I’d like to see it work that way again. Of course, I’d kind of like to see the art contests for hat design to come back too. Some of those entries were pretty freakin’ awesome!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

I think some of you are missing the point of a unique event item. The rarity of the item is why people try to farm the crap out of the event and why prices are they way there are on the TP. If you still really want one, you can buy items like the scythe staff on the TP. To allow them to be re-released would be unfair to all those that put in the time and effort to farm or the money to purchase. For those using the RNG excuse and feel entitled to every single item just because you took part during the event…GROW UP.

Here is what it sounds like using a real world example. I buy 5 packs of Topps football cards hoping to get a Barry Sanders rookie card. I do not get one but the person after me does. Well that’s not fair, I think everyone who purchased a pack should get that rookie card. Maybe I can wait a whole year and next years’ cards will STILL have Barry Sanders as a rookie?!….that is honestly what this thread sounds like….and no, I am not an owner of one of those weapon skins.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Kal Spiro.9745

I think some of you are missing the point of a unique event item. The rarity of the item is why people try to farm the crap out of the event and why prices are they way there are on the TP. If you still really want one, you can buy items like the scythe staff on the TP. To allow them to be re-released would be unfair to all those that put in the time and effort to farm or the money to purchase. For those using the RNG excuse and feel entitled to every single item just because you took part during the event…GROW UP.

Here is what it sounds like using a real world example. I buy 5 packs of Topps football cards hoping to get a Barry Sanders rookie card. I do not get one but the person after me does. Well that’s not fair, I think everyone who purchased a pack should get that rookie card. Maybe I can wait a whole year and next years’ cards will STILL have Barry Sanders as a rookie?!….that is honestly what this thread sounds like….and no, I am not an owner of one of those weapon skins.

No, that’s a bullkitten excuse. RNG automatically negates everything about a reasonable argument because RNG isn’t reasonable. Not everyone has the ability to get something when the only way to get it is random chance. It isn’t like these were special rewards for an event or contest. It was pure chance. If they were a reward for doing something I could accept them being unavailable, assuming the thing they were a reward for became unavailable.

The book is an example of this. If the quest for the book isn’t available this year then the skin shouldn’t be available. Getting lucky doesn’t entitle you to exclusive rights to the skin and the skin should become available again. If the value of the skin goes down in the market too bad. Everyone who managed to sell them for ridiculous amounts can feel proud of themselves, everyone who failed, too bad for you. Considering you got it because you were lucky and didn’t do any actual work for it everything you get no matter how low is profit.

Your example is utter trash as well. Why? Because I guarantee you that you got baseball cards from that pack. Maybe you didn’t get the card you wanted, but in every single pack of cards you did in fact get cards. There was no guarantee of getting a skin, that you wanted or otherwise, therefore there is no comparison.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Not everyone has the ability to get something when the only way to get it is random chance.

…. It was pure chance.

Your example is utter trash as well. Why? Because I guarantee you that you got baseball cards from that pack. Maybe you didn’t get the card you wanted, but in every single pack of cards you did in fact get cards. There was no guarantee of getting a skin, that you wanted or otherwise, therefore there is no comparison.

Kal,

You obviously don’t understand my example which was perfect, given the RNG aspect of the weapon skin. Not everyone WILL get the rare rookie card they want just like not everyone will get a skin. It is pure chance…thank you for stating that. That was the point of my example! I gurantee you got other items frome every single chest you openned. However, the chance to get a skin out of the chest was less than than other items. Just like the chance to get a “rookie card” is a lot less than the other cards.

This is what inflates the price of the card, and it is done intentionally. I believe Anet also intended this by making the weapon skin chest drop rate rare. Im sorry but I dont see them re-releasing it. The weapon skin IS a rookie card in that aspect….you had a chance to get it last year and only last year, unless you decide to fork over some gold and pay for it on the TP.

If I am wrong great, I too will be trying to get the skins this year, but if they were in fact a 1 time thing, I am fine with that given the above real world example….I understand that aspect of MMOs and RPGs. I missed out, or was not lucky. Perhaps my luck will come this year with one of the events. I’m still anxiously waiting for my first ascended chest drop.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

panzer.6034

The baseball card metaphor is dead on. You buy a bunch of packs hoping to get a rookie card and probably get a ton of doubles or cards you don’t want (tansformation tonics). If you don’t get a rookie card, you can go buy one directly for more money from the store. Down the road, if you go to buy that same rookie card it’s far more expensive but that doesn’t mean you get to demand that they re-issue the same card, in the same edition, just so you can get it for the cheaper price again.

Not everyone has the ability to get something when the only way to get it is random chance. It isn’t like these were special rewards for an event or contest. It was pure chance. If they were a reward for doing something I could accept them being unavailable, assuming the thing they were a reward for became unavailable.

Except this is completely inaccurate and doesn’t apply here since you can buy them on the TP and people have been doing so for the past year. The weapons have an established market value that people have been grinding to achieve based on the notion that they were a limited time offer.

SAB weapons were sell-able RNG weapons and they said they wouldn’t bring them back and effect value. The Jetpack was a limited-time, sell-able RNG item that they said they wouldn’t bring back and effect value/prestige. The halloween weapons are a sell-able RNG item and if they make is easily available (i.e. not 5 tickets) then they’re being completely misleading with their posts about protecting the prestige and value of limited time event items. They screw over anyone who just grinded 240 g to buy something based on statements regarding how they were going to treat such items.

Considering you got it because you were lucky and didn’t do any actual work for it everything you get no matter how low is profit.

Complete bullkitten. People have busted their kitten for the gold to buy expensive skins under the pretense that they would be treated like the SAB and jetpack sell-able exclusives.

(edited by panzer.6034)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I do not think they should be re-released because I think new skins should be released this year. Why would you release the same skins every year, that would be stupid. If they released the skins again this year, that means they would have to release it the following year, and the following….and so forth. That is also what makes this time of the year special in terms of vanity items so, I do not think they should be focused on releasing old ones as much as new and better ones.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

I don’t think the skins from last year should return unless they are made craft able and bind in acquire.

Other than achievement skins there is very little in the game that rewards someone for being a longtime player. Exclusive holiday skins are a great way to show others you’ve been around for a while, years down the road. Anyone can still acquire the achievement skins.

If Anet doesn’t want to give players a way to show their longevity via exclusive time limited skins that’s fine. They also shouldn’t expect veteran players to stick around either when the next mmo comes out. If every new player can come along and get the same look of a 3-4 year vet, there is no prestige. The high cost in the TP reflects paying for a prestige that is no longer available any other way. This is just like antiques.

I personally don’t think the skins should come back, specially the scythe staff and the greatsaw. For those crying about them; they are still available on the TP. Unless of course your real concern is the price- and that makes YOU the selfish one.

(edited by Proteus.6320)

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Chess Jurist.3580

You have a very odd sense of reality. But I could definitely care less what happens to prices on the trading post. It’s already a ridiculously over inflated waste of space.

I think you’re the one that has a very odd sense of reality. All your arguments are invalid; it’s like watching a grown boy crying over split milk.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

Selfish entitled players want everything and don’t think it’s fair that prestige items exist that they can’t get. Except they can: the skins are still availble on the TP.

Oh the cost is too high? So it’s greedy selfish entitled players who are also misers. Nice.

BLC Weapon Skins

in Blood and Madness

Chess Jurist.3580

Selfish entitled players want everything and don’t think it’s fair that prestige items exist that they can’t get. Except they can: the skins are still availble on the TP.

Oh the cost is too high? So it’s greedy selfish entitled players who are also misers. Nice.

true story