Clocktower's new skeletal hands mechanic

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Wall E.5349

Wall E.5349

They’re just appearing so often now. I can be incredibly fast but they still bite me in the kitten . The fastest record I’ve seen them appear on myself now is within 3 seconds of being teleported into the tower.

I compeleted the tower once already, but decided to do it again for the daily achievement. But now it’s just seemingly too ridiculous >_>

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

…New?

in Blood and Madness

Wall E.5349

Well, I don’t remember the hands appearing that often. I remember that they only appeared once the green vortex is close to you, meaning you’re too slow…

Now they just appear everywhere.

In the middle of a jump skeletal handed
While waiting for the platform to appear skeletal handed
When you first get teleported in skeletal handed

And to be honest, I think it’s the most stupid mechanic in the clocktower JP. It doesn’t make things more challenging. It just makes the JP stupid.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I don’t get it, are they blocking the view of your character or something?

in Blood and Madness

Wall E.5349

No, they appear at random to anyone and send you out of the jump. So it’s like playing the lottery now. You gotta be lucky that the hands don’t appear from the floor and hit you, cause even if you’re doing really well in the jump, you’ll just get ended.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Daghet.8932

Daghet.8932

I believe the skeletal hands only appear if you drop down below the ‘green fog’ which is basically saying you are out of time (to slow).

in Blood and Madness

Wall E.5349

That’s strange. Because I was the fastest in the lot I went with, and got skeletal handed. While the feller well behind me went on and won the jump without getting skeletal handed o_O

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Just turnoff camera shake in the options menu and you can ignore shakes and skeletal hands all together.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea i experienced this also. random killings

not skeleton hands per say, but just dying randomly

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

A laggy instance seems to be the biggest factor for me when I get nabbed by the hands/randomly ported back to start, despite being ahead of the fog. Of course leaving and joining another instance usually works that problem out for me though.

You do have a small chance of being grabbed on the two jumps that put you on the line of the fog, but in my experience the chance of getting grabbed there is pretty slim.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

You’re probably lagging. Even if it doesn’t seem like you’re lagging. Turn your graphics settings to “best performance”, then turn em back up when you finish the Clocktower.

Zelendel

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I’ve seen them bug out and appear way above the green fog, but so far as I can tell it’s only a graphical glitch, never seen anybody actually taken unless they legitimately fell or were too slow.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

This is lag on your part. The skeletal hands definitely still only appear when you’re close to the green mist that kills you. Even at 150ms of latency that stuff becomes noticeably out of place when you’re moving quickly.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

You get that when you are about to be “oozed”, that said they do nothing other than graphics. I’ve run this JP multiple times and fell into the ooze a gazillion times but skeletal hands never had anything to do with it, just my clumsiness. And when I succeded it, it wasn’t becuase the hands were nice to me, but because I jumped fast and right.

There is nothing more (nor less) to it, jump it fast and right.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

The skeletal hands are purely aesthetic, meaning they don’t actually have an affect on you. So this “knocking you out of a jump” that you’re talking about, it pretty much just you being bad at jumping

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Unless you are lagging, or are really slow, the skeletal hands do not appear. I’ve done runs where I would even collect the additional treasure chests along the way, and avoid the skeletal hands on top of that. I think this is a latency issue. The same way some people are getting killed before they have even finished loading.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

As the other posters have stated, the hands are a purely visual effect that happens near the green death vortex.

If you’re seeing them well above the fog, it probably means your connection is laggy, which could be a server hiccup or your internet connection, as the green fog doesn’t seem to sync clientside properly when there’s some lag.

Basically, your client thinks the fog is lower than it actually is because it’s not getting its position updated properly by your connection. There are no grab mechanics in the clock tower. It’s all you and the fog.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Thinking the issue might just be lag. I know I’ve fought with it more this year than last, which is frustrating because I’m doing better than last with jumping. Makes trying to complete the JP insanely aggravating. I had to stop playing the other day because I’d go straight from the cut scene to being tossed back into the waiting ring. Yet, every other part of the game was running fine for me. sigh

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.