Confused about Halloweapon Recipes

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Q:

Assuming I do endeavor to undertake the massive quest that it is to get something like 10k Nougat, assuming I get my guild to help and I end up spending the near 180g required to get all the materials for the 40 Elonian Wine, 10 Corn Cobs, 10 Dust, and 10 Nougat… Is this almost 200g getting me the Gift of Souls itself? Or is it just getting me the recipe to CRAFT the Gift of Souls (another >100g endeavor based on the current recipe.)

This is kind of the breaking point of whether I attempt it this Halloween or not and I think a lot of the communication and clarification on the subject has been… hazy at best. I’ve tried tweeting @anet I’ve tried posting in a few topics that already received red responses on the matter, but i’m not getting an answer.

I know they’re super busy, but… I’m 100% sure there are other people who are asking the same question as I know there were a lot of people that have told me “I’m actually not sure on that.”

Thanks

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

A:

The recipe which requires 40 wine, 10 cobs, 10 refined mats, and 10 dust will give you the recipe sheet “Recipe: Gift of X”.

When you consume that you will be able to craft the Gift of X using 1 gift of knowledge/ascalon/thorns, 250 ori ingots, 20 ecto, and 100 lodestones.

Using that Gift of X, you can craft the actual weapon using 1 Gift of X, 1 eldritch scroll, 100 mystic coins, and 20 sigils of the night.

Last year, the recipe sheet Recipe:Gift of X required much MUCH fewer pieces of candy corn and fangs/skulls/nougat. It was never a drop at all.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

The way I understand it is to get the recipe then you need more supplies to actually craft it (that is according to the wiki if I follow the paper trail properly, but I’m not 100% proof positive because some of that may be linking to last years data that they pulled back in September)

Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

liefbread.9513

The way I understand it is to get the recipe then you need more supplies to actually craft it (that is according to the wiki if I follow the paper trail properly, but I’m not 100% proof positive because some of that may be linking to last years data that they pulled back in September)

Yeah I keep running into the same confusion :/

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

That is my understanding of it as well … so, for example, for the Crossing, first you have to craft the recipe for the Gift of Souls (40 bottles wine, 10 candy corn cob, 10 dust, 10 refined nougat), then you have to craft the actual gift itself (gift of knowledge, 250 ori ingots, 20 ectos and 100 crystal lodestones) and then you have to craft the weapon itself (gift of souls, eldritch scroll, 100 mystic coins, and 20 superior sigils of the night). So, to sum up:

• 40 bottles of Elonian wine (approx 10 gp)
  • 10,000 candy corn (approx 69 gp)
  • 10,000 nougat (approx 200 gp)
  • 10 crystalline dust (approx 1.4 gp)
  • 500 knowledge crystals
  • 250 ori ingots (approx 25 gp)
  • 20 ectos (approx 6.2 gp)
  • 100 crystal lodestones (approx 59 gp)
  • eldritch scroll
  • 100 mystic coins
  • 20 superior sigils/night (approx 32 gp)

So, all told, around 392 gp …

If I’m right, but based of the paper trail on wiki, this seems to be the means to obtain the Crossing via crafting …

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

in Blood and Madness

liefbread.9513

That is my understanding of it as well … so, for example, for the Crossing, first you have to craft the recipe for the Gift of Souls (40 bottles wine, 10 candy corn cob, 10 dust, 10 refined nougat), then you have to craft the actual gift itself (gift of knowledge, 250 ori ingots, 20 ectos and 100 crystal lodestones) and then you have to craft the weapon itself (gift of souls, eldritch scroll, 100 mystic coins, and 20 superior sigils of the night). So, to sum up:

• 40 bottles of Elonian wine (approx 10 gp)
  • 10,000 candy corn (approx 69 gp)
  • 10,000 nougat (approx 200 gp)
  • 10 crystalline dust (approx 1.4 gp)
  • 500 knowledge crystals
  • 250 ori ingots (approx 25 gp)
  • 20 ectos (approx 6.2 gp)
  • 100 crystal lodestones (approx 59 gp)
  • eldritch scroll
  • 100 mystic coins
  • 20 superior sigils/night (approx 32 gp)

So, all told, around 392 gp …

If I’m right, but based of the paper trail on wiki, this seems to be the means to obtain the Crossing via crafting …

Whereas last year the recipe was just a prolific random drop? The way they were phrasing it made this seem like an alternative crafting method or something.

in Blood and Madness

liefbread.9513

The recipe which requires 40 wine, 10 cobs, 10 refined mats, and 10 dust will give you the recipe sheet “Recipe: Gift of X”.

When you consume that you will be able to craft the Gift of X using 1 gift of knowledge/ascalon/thorns, 250 ori ingots, 20 ecto, and 100 lodestones.

Using that Gift of X, you can craft the actual weapon using 1 Gift of X, 1 eldritch scroll, 100 mystic coins, and 20 sigils of the night.

Last year, the recipe sheet Recipe:Gift of X required much MUCH fewer pieces of candy corn and fangs/skulls/nougat. It was never a drop at all.

Thank you very much for the clarification, and boo to you Anet.