Forced to PvP/WvW for Living Story Unlock

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fornax.7928

Fornax.7928

Dear GW2 Team,

I love playing GW2 – the personal story, the living story, the crafting, the level’ing, exploration, alts and so on. So Halloween is a real treat, it links back to GW1, and really enriches the game, the lore and the lootz.

I do not enjoy PvP and WvW, so I do not do them. However having a Living Story aspect locked until I have complete hours of WvW/PvP seems like you are pushing all players there.
Yes I can just not complete this part, not get the mini pet, not get to experience the finally of the Blood Prince storyline, but I of course want to experience these things so I am stuck.

I would ask you to consider making PvP/WvW elements which are linked to the Living Story optional.

Many thanks for all your hard work on the game, and this patch. It’s a visual masterpiece – hats off to all.

Fornax <3

“So what if the universe is a pointless mass of hydrogen refuse powered by
entropy. I’m spreading ketchup on a rubber duck, and after that I’m going
to brush its teeth. So there.”-

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I’m pretty sure you don’t have to do that, just do the dailies that count towards the LS.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Do the dailies or spend the 5 minutes in the mists training area.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

I think you can complete the meta-achievement without “A Stomping Good Time” by doing some of the daily achievements related to the Meta (especially considering there are only 7 Blood and Madness achievements currently doable, but 13 required for the Meta).

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

You don’t have to do PvP or WvW. This achievement is doable by going to the Heart of the Mists and killing then stomping the NPC in the Fallen Halls of Glory section (Northern section). This has been confirmed as working as intended by the devs as they wanted to give an option for those who, like you, don’t want to PvP or WvW.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Blood and Madness

Fornax.7928

Thank you so much for replying guys.

I spent 4 hours in wvw last night and got 6 finishing thingy’s done >.< I shall head over and do it now!

Fornax <3

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Just as a note you do realize that the next set of achievements in the living story area is completely related to WvW and leagues right? it even has a mini dolyak if you complete the meta. Personally I feel there is nothing wrong with this as PvE has gotten the largest share of Achievement points(if that’s what you are going for) by far while WvW gives almost nothing in comparison for the amount of effort needed to complete them.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

Just as a note you do realize that the next set of achievements in the living story area is completely related to WvW and leagues right? it even has a mini dolyak if you complete the meta. Personally I feel there is nothing wrong with this as PvE has gotten the largest share of Achievement points(if that’s what you are going for) by far while WvW gives almost nothing in comparison for the amount of effort needed to complete them.

You should check out the amount of PvP specific content

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

…not sure if you are being sarcastic or not?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

You don’t have to do PvP or WvW. This achievement is doable by going to the Heart of the Mists and killing then stomping the NPC in the Fallen Halls of Glory section (Northern section). This has been confirmed as working as intended by the devs as they wanted to give an option for those who, like you, don’t want to PvP or WvW.

Hmmm I didn’t know that either. I’ve just been doing LS dailies and Labyrinth related stuff. I’m already up to 8 (I think).
Good to know!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Poor you. I detest the clock tower jumping puzzle. Guess what’s in the daily today?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Blood and Madness

Fornax.7928

Just as a note you do realize that the next set of achievements in the living story area is completely related to WvW and leagues right?’

I did note that

I think this is great for all those who enjoy it. I hope Anet do more of these type of achievement/progression activities for their pvp/wvw players. I enjoy E-sports – more watching than playing – and hope this side of the game goes from strength to strength.

My super-main-ultimate point was really – please do not force players into gameplay they do not enjoy.

F <3

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

As others have noted, this particular achievement is not necessary to finish the meta-achievement.

BUT, the fastest way to do this is in the Heart of the Mists, and you don’t have to touch PvP or WvW. Just go to the sparring NPCs (it’s marked on the map) and use the finishers on them.

The sparring NPCs are soloable, but you can also take a friend with you and cooperate.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I’d like to add that those NPCs are also an interesting way to try out different builds for your favored classes, or learning the styles of a new class.

While not 100% translatable, it can give enough of a taste to determine if you want to slog it through to 80 on a specific class. In my case I determined that at least one class was not very playable to me (RSI wanted to hurt me too much), and another I was having difficulties making the combos work due to slow reaction time (again gated by said RSI). I still find the latter amusing as one of my two ‘main’ characters is an Engi, but I opted not to use grenades or bombs (which mitigates the problem quite a bit).

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)