Halloween 2012 vs 2013

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

For all newbies so they know what any of the grief about the event is about (I still think its awesome even though a bits been changed). Hoping with fingers crossed some of the events still make a come back this year.

Halloween 2012

Things that have been added since last Halloween event:

- Blood Prince Instance
- The ability to convert 1000 x candy or corn items into one item
- Prince Blood mini
- Candy Corn mini
- Candy node at home

Whats been removed:

- Scavenger hunt
- Fiery book back piece
- Mad King Dungeon (I hope this comes back this year somehow as it was my fav!)
- Reapers Rampage (also this aswell)
- Mad King Entrance to LA
- Candy nodes everywhere
- Halloween phases / acts

Whats the same but different:

- Bags for bank tabs etc (although i think last year we were just given one?)
- Lions Arch
- Lunatic maze (champs are harder now but i like that)
- Lunatic Inquisition
- MK says (but no more entrance)
- Halloween recipes (ie staff, bow and shield) – recipes have changed now but still available
- Both events had skins and minis available via gemstore
- Haunted doors
- clocktower

Not sure if I am missing anything?

So essentially we have traded the Blood Prince instance for the MK dungeon, reapers rampage and scavenger hunt plus had a few things shortened (ie MK entrance).

Personally I don’t think its a fair trade off, when really the events should be bigger and better over time instead of the other way around because all the same code has been created the previous year. ie didn’t need to re-create lions arch from scratch.

That said, I still like the event.

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The interesting thing with threads like these is that if we had gotten the same as last year we would have these forums filled with how lazy ArenaNet are that can’t do anything new.

Can’t please everyone I suppose.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nott.8201

Nott.8201

Another same but different: Last years hat was town clothing (boo). This years mask is a skin to add on armor (yeah!).

Town clothing seems useless to me. I hope that more skins are available in future! Frankly I would love to see all my town clothes turned to skins so that I can use the cool stuff I got early in the game before realizing how much a waste of they were.

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Also random skin drops from the bags. Even though it was a low chance, it was something… Bags are useless now…

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i dont mind that they added more but i wish we could have done the old stuff too. like in gw1 you could do the old stuff and the new stuff they added on each year. yes i do like the hat is an armor skin instead of town hat. thanks nott for bringing that up

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The removed skins (ghastly grinning shield, etc) were available in the dungeon, but they were also available in the mad king chests. It was possible to craft mad king chests in the forge with extra booster and tonics, but they were also in the gemstore.

Also from last year. Free devil horns, purchasable temporary skins, mad king chests created in the mystic forge.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d prefer it if ANet went back to the style they used for GW1. Each year’s festival offers the exact same content as last year, but with new additions put on to it. (Of course, for GW2, they’d need to tailor it somewhat so it doesn’t break immersion. Having Mad King destroy the fountain each year would just be silly.) So each year the things for players to do during a festival gets bigger and better. It also means less work for ANet because they don’t need to re-invent the same festival every year, allowing them to devote more resources to making new content.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Everyone likes new content and this years fresh content was quite enjoyable.

The main problem was removal of many well liked features from last years Halloween and the inclusion of excessive arbitrary grind just to obtain a handful of Halloween themed items. Unfortunately these two problems crossed with the fact Krait have stolen Halloween from the Mad King makes this years festival quite sub-par.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Yeah, Kraits have completely taken over Halloween. I mean has anyone been in the labyrinth lately? It’s dead. Well… dead as in nobody’s there. Lol.
Even though I love the new content and applaud Anet, but how much they did with it, I think they should have waited with this patch till after Halloween and put in some minor patch in instead. Because frankly, last year, it being the only content out there, we cared for it much more than we do right now.

On the side note. I understand some things been removed to make the gameplay smoother, but why remove rewards? Mad Memories quest could’ve easily been replaced by another Halloween backpiece. The amount of Halloween themed weapons/armors is just pitiful this year… I mean we got more town clothes than anything else…

Halloween 2012 vs 2013

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kalastraer.8264

Kalastraer.8264

Another same but different: Last years hat was town clothing (boo). This years mask is a skin to add on armor (yeah!).

Town clothing seems useless to me. I hope that more skins are available in future! Frankly I would love to see all my town clothes turned to skins so that I can use the cool stuff I got early in the game before realizing how much a waste of they were.

where do we get the mask? I mean last year when i joined i just walked to a guy where the lion statue was going to be and got a hat, now i cant find him.