I am enjoying this content and want more!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

How about you just skip Christmas? Since it seems you get no appreciation for introducing new stuff for us players to do, it seems only fair we get a time out for demanding everything be handed to us on a silver platter.

And no, I’m not joking, I honestly hope ANet just skips the Christmas celebration. Half of all the players are doing nothing but whining about what ISN’T available, rather then enjoying what IS available.

Thank you ANet, I for one am enjoying the content that was put out, eagerly await more, and love that the JP is back, I’ll beat you this year Clocktower!!

in Blood and Madness

Ykfox.3825

This Halloween is even more fun then last years. The only difference really is you can’t get the achievements from last year.

The whole Bloody Prince thing? Awesome. The new Greatsword, Shield and Staff skins? Awesome. (That Silly Scimitar is kinda… silly though.) The new achievements? Look not too terribly hard to get, should be interesting.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

The skins are really bad compared to last year, not to mention much less of them.

How is less, more fun?

They removed content like the MOBA-sPvP map, lack of CC nodes around the world (which is a joke considering the high price of cobs), Titles, and actual hard content (dumbed down clock tower that you can no longer play with friends), removed the rare drop skins from the bosses in the labrynthe, etc.

The achievement grind last year wasn’t too bad, but at least it had some notable ones like completing the clock tower.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

People are unhappy because they screwed up and made what was supposed to be a celebration into a grind from hell. They need to take all this criticism to heart and deal with the underlying issues. You’re doing them no favors here with your soft touch. What this game needs right now is tough love and plenty of it.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

There are CC nodes around the world. Crying about stuff that isn’t even true.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

There are CC nodes around the world. Crying about stuff that isn’t even true.

Outside of the Labyrinth, compared to last year? Should I have emphasized “lacking the number of” for clarification?

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes, there are nodes outside of the Labyrinth, just like last year.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

This Halloween is even more fun then last years. The only difference really is you can’t get the achievements from last year.

I disagree.

Last year’s was full of theatrics. We were all waiting anxiously to see the Mad King through several acts.

I have to confess to, so far, being disappointed with this year’s event. Maybe there will be a surprise later on, but it doesn’t seem that way.

There is no harm in the community telling ArenaNet: MUST TRY HARDER. We are paying for this content though gemstore purchases, I am lead to believe. This “it’s free, just be thankful” mindset is dumb. If players don’t keep the pressure on, and keep them informed as to what we like and don’t like, and what we consider lame, then no improvements will be made.

The combat quality of life changes in this patch, however, are excellent. Really nice job done on those. Mad King’s Day itself, however, feels like it’s a much downgraded 2012 event. A much weaker story/quest chain … so far. As I say, I hope for some last minute surprise, but I doubt it’ll come.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Mad King’s Day is however quite some time (and another patch) away. So we can’t really judge it yet.
Right now we can only really compare the first few hours of last years event with this event.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

Ykfox.3825

I personally think the new Greatsword is better then that ugly annoying chainsaw that belches smoke everywhere. I will admit I’d hoped for more skins, but for all I know they could plan on adding more in a future patch. (I so wanted a pumpkin themed focus….)

The cobs might end up being drops of some sort or other, for all I know. The lack of titles is a bit unfortunate, but hardly something to riot over seeing as hardly anyone seems to have used the Emissary title from last year….

As for dumbing down the Clocktower, afaik all they did was make it so the other players are ghostlike, which is nice, since there was much griefing last year by Norns and Charr.

Edit: @ Sarie: Last year’s was awesome, I agree. So far this year’s is pretty good too, but some of that new car smell is gone, since we’ve seen the decorations/labyrinth/etc before. It happened in GW1 too. Don’t worry, the closer it gets to King Thorn the more excited you’ll get, probably.

We’re not really paying for the content, through Gem-store or otherwise. All you’re paying for in the gem store is EXACTLY what you buy in the gem store.

(edited by Ykfox.3825)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

The skins are really bad compared to last year, not to mention much less of them.

How is less, more fun?

They removed content like the MOBA-sPvP map, lack of CC nodes around the world (which is a joke considering the high price of cobs), Titles, and actual hard content (dumbed down clock tower that you can no longer play with friends), removed the rare drop skins from the bosses in the labrynthe, etc.

The achievement grind last year wasn’t too bad, but at least it had some notable ones like completing the clock tower.

The clocktower difficulty is unchanged, how is that dumbed down? Last year was grindy as hell with the pumpkins and doors and eating candy corn. Nothing changed, they added some new story with the bloody prince. QQ more pls.