Is the Bloody Prince a vampire?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

and if so – does that mean we might see a story event with vampires for Halloween?

and no, I don’t mean the sparkly OMFG EDWARD CULLEN kind… the bloody, cunning, and evil kind.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

The 30 days of night kind?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I dear hope not. Vampires may exist in the GW universe, but they look like this.

Besides, I think Edrick <s>Cullen</s> Thorn is a ghost like his old man. He was supposedly killed with him.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I dear hope not. Vampires may exist in the GW universe, but they look like this.

Besides, I think Edrick <s>Cullen</s> Thorn is a ghost like his old man. He was supposedly killed with him.

The “hopping vampire” of eastern myth isn’t really the same as the western vamp or the twilight vamp though, to be fair.

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m very well aware of that, Panzer. My point is that the western vampire doesn’t exist in the GW-verse, and no implications of such exist.

…yet.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

My complete guess is: No, he’s not a vampire.

Right now we know that Mad King Throne got the “Rasputin treatment” , being killed by his subjects after they got sick of his cruel ways (he had subjects skinned alive based on their complaints about the famine as he held lavish feasts in his own honor).

There’s nothing of the lore of his son [as of yet], but it can very well be assumed that he raised his son in his own image. Madness casts a shadow of insanity, I always say. The Bloody Prince can simply be known as that because maybe he carried out many of the executions that his father sentenced to the people of the lands.

Either way, NOT a vampire.

Special Note: The GW2 wiki states “his wife and Son Edrick were killed too”, but is that backed up by source? Since he had 8 wives to count, is it not possible that his ‘favorite’ of them all -5th wife, Princess Zola- was the mother of Edrick? Can’t wait until Tuesday to find out which of the 8 is his mother….

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

-snip-
The Bloody Prince can simply be known as that because maybe he carried out many of the executions that his father sentenced to the people of the lands.
-snip-

That makes sense. Or maybe he is just known as “bloody” because he was killed in a terrible, cruel and very messy way.
Anyway, I hope that we will get an explanation for his title other than “it sounds scary”.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Maybe he’ll wield twilight and sparkle.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You know vampires existed before twilight, right? They’re far more interesting too.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

team Edrick ftw

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

You know vampires existed before twilight, right? They’re far more interesting too.

“The Lost Boys” was a much better movie about teen vampires.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I would hope if they would bring back a vampire like thing they would use the old Incubus model

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

and if so – does that mean we might see a story event with vampires for Halloween?

and no, I don’t mean the sparkly OMFG EDWARD CULLEN kind… the bloody, cunning, and evil kind.

could just be a human that drinks blood I don’t see vampires being part of lore of tyra

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

The GW2 wiki states “his wife and Son Edrick were killed too”, but is that backed up by source? Since he had 8 wives to count, is it not possible that his ‘favorite’ of them all -5th wife, Princess Zola- was the mother of Edrick? Can’t wait until Tuesday to find out which of the 8 is his mother….

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wynn_

Dear ANet writers,

in Blood and Madness

Siphaed.9235

The GW2 wiki states “his wife and Son Edrick were killed too”, but is that backed up by source? Since he had 8 wives to count, is it not possible that his ‘favorite’ of them all -5th wife, Princess Zola- was the mother of Edrick? Can’t wait until Tuesday to find out which of the 8 is his mother….

Thanks, but that really doesn’t clarify things. He never said “his son and the boy’s mother”, instead his quote was “Our strength is in our numbers. When he’s dead, we’ll go after the queen and the prince. End the Thorn line once and for all. "

That only means that wife #8 and son died at the same time by the villagers after they’d killed Thorne. But, by no means does that guarantee that he [the son] was with his mother during his death. Variables to take into account is that Thorn had 8 wives and his son was of late teens/early 20’s age when killed (given the screens we have of him, the age can be gauged as post-puberty).

Thorn killed a few of his wives, but did Jr. kill any as well? What’s not to assume that wife #5 was indeed his mother and he killed step-moms #6 and #7, while being killed side-by-side with #8? How long was each marriage that Thorn held with each woman?

Many of the unanswered questions require a rather intricate backstory to be woven for believability of having a son at all.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

The only vampires worth noting are the bloody, cunning, and evil kind. The rest are garbage.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

Thanks, but that really doesn’t clarify things. He never said “his son and the boy’s mother”, instead his quote was “Our strength is in our numbers. When he’s dead, we’ll go after the queen and the prince. End the Thorn line once and for all. "

That only means that wife #8 and son died at the same time by the villagers after they’d killed Thorne. But, by no means does that guarantee that he [the son] was with his mother during his death. Variables to take into account is that Thorn had 8 wives and his son was of late teens/early 20’s age when killed (given the screens we have of him, the age can be gauged as post-puberty).

Thorn killed a few of his wives, but did Jr. kill any as well? What’s not to assume that wife #5 was indeed his mother and he killed step-moms #6 and #7, while being killed side-by-side with #8? How long was each marriage that Thorn held with each woman?

Many of the unanswered questions require a rather intricate backstory to be woven for believability of having a son at all.

Erm… the wiki doesn’t say – as far as I know or you quoted – that Edrick is of the final wife. Only that they were killed with Thorn (though technically we don’t know if Wynn and the villagers succeeded in killing those two then and there).

Dear ANet writers,

in Blood and Madness

Siphaed.9235

Erm… the wiki doesn’t say – as far as I know or you quoted – that Edrick is of the final wife. Only that they were killed with Thorn (though technically we don’t know if Wynn and the villagers succeeded in killing those two then and there).

The wiki does say……

• His tyranny came to an end in approximately 825 AE when an angry mob ambushed him, ending his earthly rule. His wife and son, Prince Edrick, were also killed, ending the Thorn dynasty, and the throne went to his cousin. Worried that he would try to return using his magic, his killers hid his body parts in boxes and buried them in locations scattered across Tyria, obscuring their locations with magical seals.

Of course, it’s a wonder whether or not the wiki is in-fact accurate to the degree that we read it as. But, the original quote I provided you -as well as this one- makes me wonder if Wife #8 was pregnant? That would be the only true justification under the “end the Thorn line”. Most of his wives were prisoners to his insanity and risked constant threat of execution (many of which succumbed to it), so a queen that rises to the throne out of his death can be assumed to be nearly polar opposite of his style of rule.

Maybe I’m just reading too much into it….

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Too bad they’re all associated with being sparkly now and are laughed at.

Good thing too. Vampires are overrated. About as bad and done to death as zombies.

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

The wiki does say……

• His tyranny came to an end in approximately 825 AE when an angry mob ambushed him, ending his earthly rule. His wife and son, Prince Edrick, were also killed, ending the Thorn dynasty, and the throne went to his cousin. Worried that he would try to return using his magic, his killers hid his body parts in boxes and buried them in locations scattered across Tyria, obscuring their locations with magical seals.

Of course, it’s a wonder whether or not the wiki is in-fact accurate to the degree that we read it as. But, the original quote I provided you -as well as this one- makes me wonder if Wife #8 was pregnant? That would be the only true justification under the “end the Thorn line”. Most of his wives were prisoners to his insanity and risked constant threat of execution (many of which succumbed to it), so a queen that rises to the throne out of his death can be assumed to be nearly polar opposite of his style of rule.

Maybe I’m just reading too much into it….

I’d go with reading too into it. Typically a married in spouse is considered part of the line in ancient royalty – and if the Tyruan royalty mirrors our own then there was some intermarriage between royalties and distant relatives in order to keep bloodlines pure.

In this case, I would argue that either the 8th wife was also bad or she was considered part of the Thorn bloodline by marriage.

Dear ANet writers,

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: milton.1796

milton.1796

Vampires exist in GW but not the western kind.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hopping_Vampire

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Or maybe he’s a blood necromancer?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Or maybe he’s a blood necromancer?

This was my thoughts also, I looks more like he’s a Necromancer type with his face painting and cloths. They just changed the color of his skills to red most likely to give us the feeling of blood skills or just so we know what’s his and what’s ours.

#ELEtism

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

What if he was only partially bloody? Say, 50%? That’d make him a…

…I’m not sure where I was going with that joke.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This is GW’s version of a vampire:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hopping_Vampire

So… I really don’t thin so.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Blood and Madness