Lunatic Inquisition Regular

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ilvanor.1986

Ilvanor.1986

Please change the shown requirement of “Participate in 8 rounds.” to “Be a top 10 scorer in 8 rounds.” Top ten scorer and participation are two different things.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Whimpered.6095

Whimpered.6095

I was wondering why I wasn’t getting credit for every round I played. I only earned a top score twice out of about 10 rounds and only got credit for those, just didn’t put two and two together.

Crystal Desert
Chelly Anne, Sylvari Ranger (80)
“This rose has thorns; Here they are!”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

So that’s why I’m not getting any credit? I got 5 points in a row, then just did 3 in a row and didn’t get any credit at all. x.x

That’s BS. They need to make the achievement actually fit what it says.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: UltraUltraman.9280

UltraUltraman.9280

I got to 8, and then it reset to 0. Is that supposed to be a thing?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I got to 8, and then it reset to 0. Is that supposed to be a thing?

Yes, this is an infinite achievement.
If they’re going to keep it this way, they need to remove the achievement points awarded for it. If they don’t then they shouldn’t make it infinite.
Definitely can’t have both of them simultaneously on a temporary achievement; that’s the definition of stupid.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Woxhound.7042

Woxhound.7042

Looks like you can update the achievement if you’r in the inquest team and kill someone during the round (and your team win the round)

Maybe a villager may update it if he manage to survive the whole round.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Jimbru.6014

Jimbru.6014

This acheivement needs to be changed, for one reason: if you survive as a villager until late in the round and then die, YOU LOSE ALL THE EFFORT YOU JUST MADE. You won’t get credit for the round as a courtier unless you get lucky enough to find that last remaining villager or two to get credited with participation. It absolutely sucks. The only way to make sure you get credit for the round is to switch sides early to middle of the round after getting some points as a villager, so you have plenty of time to hunt as a courtier and get credit. Terrible, TERRIBLE game design.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

If they change the achievement, no one will ever play it. This was a terrible move from anet, to add an achievement to “force” people to play.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I would like it to either a) be clarified on what the achievement actually counts or b) count any participation in the activity like the daily “activity participation” achievement where you basically just have to show up.

Edit: I get it now. You don’t need to be top 10… you just have to score points on the team on which you are at the end. So don’t be the last villager to get killed. And score points whichever team you are on. So that means fear or trap or kill something as a Courtier. It makes sense to me. It is a little annoying that participation counts only for the team you are on at the end, though.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

Ahhh thats why it wasnt counting – thought it was a bug this morning.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

This achievement mechanic is stupid.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I survived a whole round as a villager.

No credit.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Is it bugged? Maybe it is supposed to be just for playing. Perhaps it should be in the bug reports.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

The answer is above.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Blood and Madness

Arsenic Touch.7960

I survived a whole round as a villager.

No credit.

Survived twice now and never got credit for it. I should be at 8/8 but I’m stuck at 5/8

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I got 8/8 but it didn’t count towards A Sweet Friend…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I have no idea what this is about. I’ve played plenty of rounds, all different circumstances. No credit as of yet.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve only done one round so far, and did not place in the top ten though I did get a kill once I became a courtier towards the end. Still 0/8. Based on the above posts, I guess I’m waiting for tomorrow night’s daily to get my 13 meta, because I can’t do the clocktower and I don’t understand the Inquisition mechanics enough to know how to get points in it.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: moonjo.9831

moonjo.9831

I was the last villager and I got no credit. Hate this mini-game.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Max.3791

Max.3791

I’ve been keeping track over the last 20 games or so, and I’ve found that to get credit you have to kill someone as a lunatic. You don’t have to get points as a villager, and it doesn’t matter which team wins. You also don’t need to be in the top 10 points.

So it’s beneficial to die as early as possible, so there are more villagers alive for you to kill.

Also, the timer counts to 4:40 no matter what. I was in a game with just one other person, and after killing him we just had to stand around until 4:40. So the fastest game is 8:20. Assuming an 80-game requirement, it’ll take 11 hours minimum to complete.

This achievement requires clearer wording and less grind.

(edited by Max.3791)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Assuming an 80-game requirement, it’ll take 11 hours minimum to complete.

I don’t get it – 80 games for an ‘8 games’ achievement?

in Blood and Madness

Arsenic Touch.7960

I’ve been keeping track over the last 20 games or so, and I’ve found that to get credit you have to kill someone as a lunatic. You don’t have to get points as a villager, and it doesn’t matter which team wins. You also don’t need to be in the top 10 points.

So it’s beneficial to die as early as possible, so there are more villagers alive for you to kill.

Also, the timer counts to 4:40 no matter what. I was in a game with just one other person, and after killing him we just had to stand around until 4:40. So the fastest game is 8:20. Assuming an 80-game requirement, it’ll take 11 hours minimum to complete.

This achievement requires clearer wording and less grind.

This isn’t true. Just got like 7 kills and i’m still sitting at 5/8
Last night I did like 2 last mans in a row where they couldn’t find me, didn’t get credit, did quite a few where I went on a killing spree as a ghost.

It’s all just random, I just think the achievement is bugged and works when it wants to.

in Blood and Madness

Max.3791

It is clearly not random. I have dozens of games and dozens of people confirming. It’s very possible that the achievement is bugged for some people (just like dawn of the WvW season is).

in Blood and Madness

Max.3791

All the other activity repeatables have a 10-repeat maximum on achievement points. Hopefully this one is the same.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

This acheivement needs to be changed, for one reason: if you survive as a villager until late in the round and then die, YOU LOSE ALL THE EFFORT YOU JUST MADE. You won’t get credit for the round as a courtier unless you get lucky enough to find that last remaining villager or two to get credited with participation. It absolutely sucks. The only way to make sure you get credit for the round is to switch sides early to middle of the round after getting some points as a villager, so you have plenty of time to hunt as a courtier and get credit. Terrible, TERRIBLE game design.

That’s not right. You don’t lose the points you accrued by surviving as a villager. It’s just that if you just glitched yourself in some corner and don’t interact with anything else, you do not get enough points to reach top 10.

A simple way to ensure you meet that goal is to kill a ghost as villager. You can just find a scrub and bone/hammer him down for 20 points right away. If you dodged an attack or two while at it, each dodge will be at least 10 points. Ghosts self rally quickly, so you can farm one repeatedly if you can out maneuver him, and there are enough tools around.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I don’t really want to participate in this dull and frustrating waste of time… and now I have to actually finish in the top 10?…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

All the other activity repeatables have a 10-repeat maximum on achievement points. Hopefully this one is the same.

Strange – I don’t recall any of these LS games having repeatable achievement points. Pretty sure upon repeat I’ve just been given the chest and 0 aps – is the giving of repeat aps a recent change?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Spooky.6359

Spooky.6359

I know this has been touched upon before, but I’m a wee bit worried: I’ve been doing lunatic inquisition, got to the 8th round, got my loot bag and the kitten counter reset.

Can I ask, does anyone know if this is a common glitch or something? and will affect my Blood and Madness achievement? I really hope not because I really want this achievement!

I also agree with a few posters here about the game mechanic being somewhat botched, I spent a good 4 games finding excellent hiding spots and to punish someone for being able to do that is a little callous of the game designers… much like resetting the counter (if its not a bug)

Any information would be really appreciated guys, thanks.

in Blood and Madness

Max.3791

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I always got the achievement to count if I placed on the top 10 scoreboard, meaning I killed a lot of humans (2-3 minimum) while in ghost form.

I’ve also tried running around doing basically nothing, and I got no count towards the achievement at all (for like 15+ games).

Seems like it’s working as intended, but the achievement info is misleading. You just have to participate and get some scores.

Hope this helps.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Every game does not end at 4:40. I think that the timer will end the game at various intervals, if the requirements are met—I’m relatively sure it’s every 20 or 40 seconds—but I’ve had a game end at 6:00 and games end at :40.

For your game, my best guess is that the server was waiting to add other players, or perhaps it wants a certain number of villagers killed—the game isn’t supposed to be 1v1.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!