MKWT Post Patch Bug - No Trick or Treat Bags

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

Completing the watch tower no longer awards trick or treat bags.

The latest Release Notes state:

Added 20 Empyreal Fragments as a daily account reward for completing the Mad King Tower jumping Puzzle as a subsequent reward after first time completion.

There is nothing in that statement indicating that the trick or treat bag reward was being removed as a reward.

I completed the watch tower 3 times post patch with the following rewards:

1st – 20 empyreal fragments, no trick or treat bags
2nd – nothing
3rd – nothing

I gave up after that.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I’m going to assume its a deliberate nerf.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: buffalo.5183

buffalo.5183

I am getting the same results.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Turmikel.8354

Turmikel.8354

I’m going to assume its a deliberate nerf.

Doubt it. After all, the three smaller chests along the way still give bags and still reset every 8-15 minutes.

edit: Also, it’s silly to be able to get a big chest with nothing in it.

(edited by Turmikel.8354)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It already wasn’t worth doing, now it’s not worth doing at all.

Lol.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

i’m going to give anet the benifit of the doubt and say its a bug. no need to be too cynical.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: chrischan.3402

chrischan.3402

same for me, hope it’s a bug, i really like farming that tower

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sugarbombs.6795

Sugarbombs.6795

Ditto, if your consistent on it(which isn’t really hard) its a nice way to get ToT bags and either open them or make a decent amount of gold.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

Unless you literally succeed 100% of the time, a better way to get treat bags is to farm events in the labyrinth, and in that case you also get the three champion loot bags every 10 minutes or so. Unless you find the jumping puzzle fun and find the zerg loathsome, I can’t see any reason to bother with this after you get your exotic gloves, treats or no treats.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Goobers.8509

Goobers.8509

ANet aka the masters of manipulating player choice, and they have now awarded themselves the title Troll Master. Look I bought your game, but if you want me to move onto Rift I’ll gladly do so.

Do you want me to leave your game?

Your Clock Tower is a mini game that when completed awards nothing. Way to keep your players interested. GJ.

(edited by Goobers.8509)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Unless you literally succeed 100% of the time, a better way to get treat bags is to farm events in the labyrinth, and in that case you also get the three champion loot bags every 10 minutes or so. Unless you find the jumping puzzle fun and find the zerg loathsome, I can’t see any reason to bother with this after you get your exotic gloves, treats or no treats.

I don’t know how many bags you get farming champs but pre-nerf I could get 7-10 tot bags every 2-3 minutes farming the clocktower and reloading map after a run.

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

Reloading the map? What do you mean by that?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Turmikel.8354

Turmikel.8354

Reloading by leaving and re-entering the Clocktower instance, causing the 3 smaller chests to be reset without having to wait 15 minutes for the server to restart.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I hope it’s a bug, if not – well screw this. >.<

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

is there a post by anet on this subject somewhere? I’d like to get one soon so this matter can be cleared up.

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

Reloading by leaving and re-entering the Clocktower instance, causing the 3 smaller chests to be reset without having to wait 15 minutes for the server to restart.

I wasn’t aware that you could do that, but even still I maintain that zerging in the labyrinth is a better way to get treat bags. Not only does it award you treat bags, but also large treat bags and other drops, which you can sell and use the money to buy more candy corn and rare mats. Its more fun, less repetitive (though only barely, I’ll give you that), and less risky. You can’t fail the zerg, but if you fail the jumping puzzle, you don’t get anything.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Scar.2658

Scar.2658

three days in a row only fragments!! shouldn’t Halloween events provide some sort of Halloween theme? I don’t have any lvl 80s’ so fragments don’t mean much to me, especially since its a crafting item, not everyone crafts, I would much prefer cosmetic items, trick or treat bags, or weapon skins. I spent all day trying to do the tower to get something I cant even use.

in Blood and Madness

Psycho Robot.7835

Its a confirmed bug
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/bam/Diminishing-Returns-on-Clock-Tower/first#post3062945
Whether its supposed to give you ToT bags or if its supposed to give you other stuff is left unsaid.