Mad King Says is bugged

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

No mask of the night, just 25 bags of Trick or Treat despite perfect run, as most people on Ebays LA judging from map chat.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: iDestroy.4395

iDestroy.4395

Same here, no mask, just 25 bags. I’ve noticed a few people got the mask, and others didn’t.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Me too. Got gold on the event, got 25 bags. No mask in the chest.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Ya, a great many people in Ebay said the same thing and everyone is a kitten about it. You just got it wrong kinda garbage. When clearly that isn’kitten What a waste of a time trying to be here for the first round.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: jboegz.8371

jboegz.8371

Same here, achievement, 25 bags, Gold rating and no mask. But still, thank you devs for the fun Halloween plot.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yeah, I had the same problem too, good to know that I wasn’t the only one that had this problem!

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Thinsett.3789

Thinsett.3789

Same. 25 bags only.

I was in spider form when I opened the chest. Don’t know if that contributes somehow.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

KorKor.9452

As far as I could tell nearly everyone on my server stayed in costume but some got it and some did not.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

I tried to open the chest but as I was in costume brawl and trying hitting others while not getting hit myself it apparently never opened the chest (guess this one doesn’t open instantly but takes a few secs for it to open). Hope I can get it the next hour, although I will probably never use the skin.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: DeathDragon.5197

DeathDragon.5197

Ours on Fergs Crossing hasn’t even started yet… We are all sitting here waiting.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: iDestroy.4395

iDestroy.4395

Ours on Fergs Crossing hasn’t even started yet… We are all sitting here waiting.

If you came in a bit late, you might have missed it.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

DeathDragon.5197

Ive been here for over an hour. He was still walking around telling jokes. Then disappeared and said Enough jokes time for some tricks. Then he still hasn’t started the game.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

DeathDragon.5197

Does he walk around telling jokes before or after its over?

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

KorKor.9452

Second time around.. I got gold and cheated again with 25 bags. This is really annoying and not fun. This is not in the spirit of last year or GW1.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Thinsett.3789

Second time, I only got silver due to huge huge massive lag. 10 bags.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

DeathDragon.5197

YAY ours just started and I got my mask!!!!! :-D

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

25 bags? I got 10!! And no mask!

Seriously, wth?!

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: maxztt.3289

maxztt.3289

I got 25 bags and no Mask. I started asking around a bit, suspecting that it might be connected to last years event. (most likely in the form of a bug)
In my instance of Lions Arch, none of the people that got a Mask and told me so, got last years hat.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LeifChappelle.4069

LeifChappelle.4069

Designer

Hey everyone! We’ve found that there is indeed an issue with Mad King Says rewards and are currently looking into a fix.

If you didn’t receive the mask, try participating in Mad King Says using a character that did not receive a Mad King Says reward (Witch’s Hat) last year. This should get around the issue and let you get the Mask of the Night.

Mad King Says runs until Friday Nov 1st at 9AM PDT, so you will still have an opportunity to participate. Thanks for your patience!

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

KorKor.9452

Well that is good to know and lame. I’m lucky I made one new character because I did it on all my characters last year. (Thanks for the reply)

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: mtf.6371

mtf.6371

Anyway to send players a mask who got the achievement?

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

DeathDragon.5197

Make sure that if you send a bug report to Anet do it from within the game. Or if you submit in any other form have a screen shot. During the Aether Dungeon living story I had a bug with an achievement and was told that I needed to have submitted it that way instead of just at their support ticket site.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

DeathDragon.5197

Sorry didn’t notice that they already posted. So hopefully yall are able to get it. Best of luck to you all.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

If you didn’t receive the mask, try participating in Mad King Says using a character that did not receive a Mad King Says reward (Witch’s Hat) last year. This should get around the issue and let you get the Mask of the Night.

Are you giving out free character slots so that we can do this?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Morfedel.4165

LOL

No, they need to fix it. I suspect someone copied and pasted last year’s code, changed things for the mask, but forgot to change a check looking to see if you got the mask, and instead its still checking to see if you got the HAT

If that’s the case, should be easily fixed.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Alicja.4539

Alicja.4539

Hey everyone! We’ve found that there is indeed an issue with Mad King Says rewards and are currently looking into a fix.

Mad King Says runs until Friday Nov 1st at 9AM PDT, so you will still have an opportunity to participate. Thanks for your patience!

I did that. I just received 1! Treat-or-trick bag. Still not mask…

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Got it on first try with a character that didnt participate on last years halloween, as did everyone present who listened.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kazoo Cherry.7921

Kazoo Cherry.7921

Tried it 2×. Only got Tot bags. I’m pretty sure I got the witch hat on all my characters last year. So I have to spend 800-1000 gems to buy another character slot to get a free mask. Pass. Just another ploy for the gem store.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: ReallyItchy.1630

ReallyItchy.1630

People actually want a mask over 25 ToT bags?
I’m going to be honest with you guys, you’ll look at it for a week, get tired of it taking up bag space and trash it. Be happy you’re getting something other than the mask, it causes rapid hair loss.

I actually find the letter P offensive, so everyone with a P in their name must have it removed.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Tried it 2×. Only got Tot bags. I’m pretty sure I got the witch hat on all my characters last year. So I have to spend 800-1000 gems to buy another character slot to get a free mask. Pass. Just another ploy for the gem store.

It’s not a ploy. It’s a glitch. It’ll be fixed.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: ReallyItchy.1630

ReallyItchy.1630

The real ploy is giving you a bunch of limited time junk that’ll sit in your bank for months until you splurge on a new bank slot.

I actually find the letter P offensive, so everyone with a P in their name must have it removed.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Eis.6984

Eis.6984

How about you get the mask to everyone with the achievement via mail or the achievement Unlocked Rewards, and run some basic testing on events going forward.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Yea confirmed bug BUT doing it on one of my alts i didn’t do it last year on worked towards getting me a mask.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Captain Herbalife.2581

Captain Herbalife.2581

My second attempt was on a character that was not even created last year at this time, still no mask.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

LOL

No, they need to fix it. I suspect someone copied and pasted last year’s code, changed things for the mask, but forgot to change a check looking to see if you got the mask, and instead its still checking to see if you got the HAT

If that’s the case, should be easily fixed.

I would bet my life savings that this is precisely what happened.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I got the hat on my warrior last year. I didn’t get the mask on her when I tried this year. After hearing this tip, I tried on my necro. I still didn’t get the mask. So, yeah, this work around doesn’t seem to work for everyone.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Asukla.3654

Asukla.3654

All answers right, event finished but no mask for me.
Tried again with another character who was not created last year, but nothing ._."

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

Wow? i see people getting a mask, gold and 25 bags?

So how come I only got 10 bags and nothing else

Whith.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

People actually want a mask over 25 ToT bags?
I’m going to be honest with you guys, you’ll look at it for a week, get tired of it taking up bag space and trash it. Be happy you’re getting something other than the mask, it causes rapid hair loss.

There’s plenty of ways to get bags and only one way to get the mask. Also, I never tired of my GW1 characters’ masks. That’s part of what drew me to mesmers in the first place. I’ve been waiting for find a mask I like in this game. This is it.

Everybody is different. Just because you don’t like something or get tired of things and delete them doesn’t mean everyone is the same. A bug is a bug. It needs to be fixed. I don’t consider the work around acceptable especially since I’m pretty sure I did it on most characters last year.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shapeshifter.2815

Shapeshifter.2815

Just checking, I have completed Mad King Says three times this morning, each time getting the mask and no trick or treat bags. I thought, I was supposed to get a mask the first time through, and then trick or treat bags then after? BTW Same character for two runs….could it have something to do with the patch and next time through I will get trick or treat bags? Thanks for reading

Edit: Just completed it for the 3rd time running on the same character – perfect run, and still only got a mask.

(edited by Shapeshifter.2815)

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RabidCoqui.1983

RabidCoqui.1983

Is there a reason that they didn’t say what the schedule for MKT appearances are? Is it every hour? Every 3 hours? Other?

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Shapeshifter.2815

Hi Rabid, I am on Tarnished Coast, not overflow and he appears for Mad King Says every 46 to 50 minutes.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Just checking, I have completed Mad King Says three times this morning, each time getting the mask and no trick or treat bags. I thought, I was supposed to get a mask the first time through, and then trick or treat bags then after? BTW Same character for two runs….could it have something to do with the patch and next time through I will get trick or treat bags? Thanks for reading

Edit: Just completed it for the 3rd time running on the same character – perfect run, and still only got a mask.

The same is happening to me.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Frinos.7219

Frinos.7219

No Mask after 2 succesfull Mad King says

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I got Silver participation and zero bags. :P I did get the Mask though.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Shapeshifter.2815

Hi Frinos, did you open the chest near the Mad King at the end of Mad King Says? The mask is in the chest.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Thinsett.3789

Yup, worked for me on an alt.
Thanks for posting a workaround.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

I got 2 masks and no bags lol

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Morfedel.4165

got the mask. The workaround worked. Then again, a few hours ago there was another patch. To fix this issue?

Anyway. And funny thing is, I find the mask rather… dull…. LOL!

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Shapeshifter.2815

Having read the guide for the Mad King Says event, it would seem the mask is the intended reward. Prior to the patch people said they were receiving daggers and trick or treat bags, perhaps these rewards were a mistake?