Mad King Says is bugged

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: mate.9048

mate.9048

Same happened to me and I will try it with my character that didn’t recieve the witch hat last year. Does it work?

Kalaap-lvl 80 Human Elementalist
Seafarer’s Rest
Barátság Hösei [BH](Hungarian Guild ^^)

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Mad King wouldn’t even play ‘Mad King Says’ when I was in LA. He just walked around telling jokes and then vanished. What are we supposed to do if his game won’t even start?

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

1. Logged on with character (lvl2) that has been created this year
2. Gold star from events (no misses)
3. Got transformed into spider and when knocked out downed
4. Got up and opened the chest —> single candy corn?

This is third time I’ve run this. Doesn’t matter if I run with a new character or old character. Still not getting the mask.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

It’s the opposite problem for me. I got one mask then ToT bags before the patch, now all I get are masks. I have 3 now No ToT bags at all anymore.

Edit: I just tried on another char and got another mask, no ToT bags.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

(edited by AngelMouse.7345)

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: CherishPort.1260

CherishPort.1260

Just checking, I have completed Mad King Says three times this morning, each time getting the mask and no trick or treat bags.

The same is happening to me.

I completed MKS multiple times with the same character and got the mask each time, too.

@Elbegast

He does that between two rounds so my guess is you didn’t stay long enough (i think MKS happens once an hour).

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

If you didn’t receive the mask, try participating in Mad King Says using a character that did not receive a Mad King Says reward (Witch’s Hat) last year. This should get around the issue and let you get the Mask of the Night.

Hmmm, it is hard to recall the event last year but I think I got the Witch Hat on ALL 5 of my Characters last year. I can’t tell for sure since I trashed all of the hats but One.

I guess I will try it on another Character tonight but if that doesn’t work hopefully, ANet’s fix will give the Mask any Character that completes it.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

Finally got it on fourth character and I’m pretty sure he got the hat last year too.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I got the mask on a character I didn’t use last year. No trick or treat bags though. Gold participation.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AlphaMuppet.4397

AlphaMuppet.4397

Last night I got ToTs and achieve but no mask. Saw the announced bug fix so went back today. Just finished, opened chest and again no mask. Despite update notes I’d say this isn’t fixed yet.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

I received 8 of those ugly masks on my main now since the “fix” while I was maxing out king of the costume brawl. I’d rather have the 200 ToT-bags than all these masks. So if you decide you want to fix this before MK says ends, I would love to exchange my spare masks for the ToT-bags I was supposed to get.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

GAW. 3 masks from the same character! Please bring back the bags for proper rewards.
(I reported in game with a screen shot as well.)

=> Dark Haven server

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Hm. I certainly hope the mask is an intended reward, instead just one time ever thing, since I have kind of been collecting them. >.> I have 4 now, I’d grab more if I still get the change.
The page for the event doesn’t seem to have that detail.

(as opposed to the detailed description of the clocktower reward… it will forever stay unopened for me. One time rewards…)

let the sky fall

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Hm. I certainly hope the mask is an intended reward, instead just one time ever thing, since I have kind of been collecting them. >.> I have 4 now, I’d grab more if I still get the change.
The page for the event doesn’t seem to have that detail.

(as opposed to the detailed description of the clocktower reward… it will forever stay unopened for me. One time rewards…)

I can’t figure out what you are saying.

But to answer, yes, the Mask of Night IS the intened reward for the FIRST time your character plays Mad King Says, however, after that you are suppose to get treat bags of up to 25 if you get every one of the “Mad King Say” correctly (there’s 18 of them).

I’ll quote from the wiki:

After the completion, Mad King Thorn will spawn a Glorious Chest which contains further rewards. On first completion per character, the chest will contain a Mask of the Night Skin. Further completions will reward Trick-or-Treat Bags based on how well you participated in “Mad King says”.

Perfect (18 correct reactions): 25 Trick-or-Treat Bags

Imperfect Gold or Silver Reward: 10 Trick-or-Treat Bags

Bronze Reward: 1 Trick-or-Treat Bag

No participation: 1 Piece of Candy Corn

The thing is that you can get more mask if you do the Mad King Say for the FIRST time on a character. If you go on a different character and do it again, you ARE suppose to get the mask since it’s the first time.

The “new” bug we’re talking about is that I’ve done the Mad King 3 times now on the SAME character, so by the description from the wiki, I should have gotten the Mask the first time, which I did, and then treat bags the second and third time, which I did not. I got 3 mask all while doing the event on the same character.

The original bug was that no one got masks and everyone got bags, now after patch, everyone gets masks and no bags. So, it’s still a bug, just the flip opposite from it’s original state.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: eclipsoh.7014

eclipsoh.7014

I also have completed it with a gold and a silver medal and only received 1 mask each time. Can’t wait til this is fixed! *and the Mad Kings’ jokes are a hilarious!

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Mad King wouldn’t even play ‘Mad King Says’ when I was in LA. He just walked around telling jokes and then vanished. What are we supposed to do if his game won’t even start?

The Mad King walks around for a few minutes telling jokes, those are the treats. Then he disappears and door appear on the map that drop you into the cauldron and he randomly appears turning people into the Halloween tonic guys, his tricks. After that he will pop up and do Mad King Say. It’s on a timer ~45 minutes apart.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: tobakett.1846

tobakett.1846

Grrrrr so mad. 1st time doing event, didn’t get the mask because of bug (but did get my 25 ToT bags). Now the next two times, I get the mask, but no ToT bags.

Submitted a bug report in game…..sadly I doubt they are going to replace the ToT bags that were not distributed

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The Mad King walks around for a few minutes telling jokes, those are the treats. Then he disappears and door appear on the map that drop you into the cauldron and he randomly appears turning people into the Halloween tonic guys, his tricks. After that he will pop up and do Mad King Say. It’s on a timer ~45 minutes apart.

Well that’s just stupid. I don’t have time to stand in Laggy Arch waiting on buggy/unreliable scripted NPC encounters. I was told that it would occur on the hour, every hour.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Huh, I thought it was intended that we get a mask each time, so I stuck on one character rather than relogging. I got 3 masks with him, and want more — I have 12 alts, after all, and the masks are one-shots unless I spend transmutes.

Unfortunately, it’s past my bedtime and the Mad King Says will be gone before I get home from work, so those 3 are it. At least I can do one of each armor weight and put them on lowbie things to share amongst my alts. I am very happy the bug happened that let me do that, because if I’d only gotten bags I wouldn’t have had time to do another run of MKS on an alt.

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

When is it supposed to be running? because I thought it was supposed to be running now and he is not there…

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I can’t figure out what you are saying.

But to answer, yes, the Mask of Night IS the intened reward for the FIRST time your character plays Mad King Says, however, after that you are suppose to get treat bags of up to 25 if you get every one of the “Mad King Say” correctly (there’s 18 of them).

Oh, I was just worrying I was doing something wrong, that I wasn’t supposed to collect several masks. And of course I didn’t think of the wiki, just reading the things from gw2 website. I also missed the first bug with no masks, it was patched before I played the event.
…Well, I doubt it is a terrible crime for me to use the same characters for getting the masks (I happily did since I didn’t feel like switching). >.>

I suppose this event explains why I had so many ToT bags from last year. I couldn’t remember getting them anywhere, but I remember now that I did do the event with different characters to get several hats and may have just collected the bags after that.

let the sky fall

(edited by Traced.3495)

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BlueCor.8795

BlueCor.8795

is mad king event over?.. I missed it then and that sucks cuz i so badly wanted to do it..

Mad King Says is bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Did the Mad King Says…. 4 times on 2 characters and no mask for me …. so that was kinda lame…