Not complaining about Bloody Prince Mini

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Intuos.3210

Intuos.3210

I’m actually not complaining about this.
I’ve been farming this whole time, not buying any. (casual gamer, I can’t play all day long)
I have so far farmed 10 stacks of the trick or treat bags (mainly from clocktower)
Like 50 large candy bags from the labyrinth
Haven’t opened any of those yet, that might take hours lol
I also already have 3 cobs by turning in 3,000 candy corn.
So yes, it’s A LOT of work but that’s how it needs to be.
So when you see someone with the Bloody Prince Mini you will know
that they either put a lot of effort to get one or wasted lots of gold for it.
If it was easy and EVERYONE had the bloody prince mini, it wouldn’t be so exclusive.

Human Ranger – Crystal Desert

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Not sure if I buy the mini, but if I do I dont think the gold will feel wasted. Maybe ‘spend’ would’ve been a better word there.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

The problem is not the difficulty of obtaining it. The problem on the scale of stupidity of grind. Even I, a person who likes to grind (I do not know, calms me), think this example is stupid. To collect enough candy for prince you need more than 300 hours of persistent, non-stop grind. For a person with a normal mentality it is simply impossible.
Much faster and easier – to banal save money for it. In other words, to save up for the special event reward, I have to skip event and grind money as usual. It’s not very good. Since the event should leave a lot of all kinds of nonsense on memory. Well… sort of decorative belongings, themed items etc, that will remind about it the rest the year. Current Events leave almost nothing, except of the things that require wild ammounts of grind to obtain. And not available to all. Thus all the gameplay, which should rejoice and leave commemorative awards, turns to grind for useless things.
Yes. Just useless. For I am almost sure that the miniatures, in its current form, does not need for anything at all, as it is inconvenient and poorly implemented. They are unable to properly follow you, constantly despawns, barely visible, many of them look ridiculous (well, it’s not a pet, but just a small mob or NPC, right?). They can not be put on the shelf as a decoration or something like… You can’t pet them like in WoW, etc. The only meaning – call them standing AFK in LA, giving the impression that you’re a complete moron. Cool! So Now – it’s just the highlighted slot in the bank. Few people want to spend 300 hours on the farm of highlighted slot.
Thus the event – grind for nothing.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Grats I guess?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I have so far farmed 10 stacks of the trick or treat bags (mainly from clocktower)
Like 50 large candy bags from the labyrinth
Haven’t opened any of those yet, that might take hours lol
I also already have 3 cobs by turning in 3,000 candy corn.
So yes, it’s A LOT of work but that’s how it needs to be.
So when you see someone with the Bloody Prince Mini you will know
that they either put a lot of effort to get one or wasted lots of gold for it.
If it was easy and EVERYONE had the bloody prince mini, it wouldn’t be so exclusive.

Once you open up those bags, I’d be curious to hear how many cobs you can make, considering the mini Prince takes 20 cobs.

I’m afraid the scale of the grind necessary goes past “Wow, that’s impressive!” to “Wow, that’s…How long did that take you? Was it worth it?”

I’m not against time-consuming goals in the game, but I’m not convinced Halloween was the ideal place for it, and not for this ratio of cost:reward.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• 2500 trick-or-treat bags (10 stacks): wiki says that the maximum possible number of candy corns you can get from each bag is 6. So you have at most 15000 candy corn from these bags; in other words 15 cobs.
  • If you actually get an average of 5 from each bag, that’s 12500 corn = 12.5 cobs.
  • If you get an average of 4 from each, that’s 10000 = 10 cobs.
  • If you average 3 from each, that’s 7500 = 7.5 cobs.
  • 50 large candy bags: wiki says the maximum possible number of candy corns you can get from each bag is 8. So this gives you at most 400 candy corn; in other words, less than one cob.
  • you already have 3 cobs.

So in total, you have no more than 18 cobs + 400 candy corn but RNG means you almost certainly have far less:

• If you average 5 candy corn from the trick-or-treat bags, you have 16 cobs + 900 candy corn;
  • if you average 4 candy corn, you have 13 + 400 cobs.
  • if you average 3, you have 10 + 900 cobs.

TLDR: Considering you need 20 cobs, it looks extremely likely that you need to do a lot of farming before the clocktower expires.