"The Reliquary" Instance is Bugged

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

(Minor spoilers obviously.)

The instance gets stuck on “Throw everything available at Bloody Prince Thorn.” The fight ends and he reenters his box, but nothing else continues afterward.

Gotten stuck here twice, with two players in the instance. Will try it solo and report back.

Edit: Just completed it on my third try, worked fine – did it solo this time. I think Peetee.9406 is correct; you have to wait for Edrick to finish talking before you hit him with the candy corn. If it works, the “Throw everything available” prompt should change to “Continue pelting him with candy corn”.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Serbaayuu.3051)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Malkesh.5841

Malkesh.5841

I’m stuck too. Did it solo. He enters the box and nothing happens.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

I’m stuck too. Did it solo. He enters the box and nothing happens.

Ah darn, I guess I won’t bother trying that then.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

How typical. Emergency patch in 3… 2… 1…

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Redo it.

Make sure you let him finish talking before you throw another candy corn at him. Bugged for me the first time, finished the second time

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shanious.5417

Shanious.5417

I had same issue when I did this part. Twice.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: mayfran.7431

mayfran.7431

Hm.. same here.

Did it solo. After beating the Prince into his box nothing happens. Tassi just stands there…

Fixitfixitfixitfixitfixit plz!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: mate.9048

mate.9048

Same it I did it solo than I tried it again I thought I lagged or something but nothing happened:( pls fix

Kalaap-lvl 80 Human Elementalist
Seafarer’s Rest
Barátság Hösei [BH](Hungarian Guild ^^)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Malkesh.5841

Malkesh.5841

Redid it. Worked this time. I was letting him and Tassi finish each time before throwing candy corn at him (did so at all attempts).

Problem was that “Throw everything available at Bloody Prince Thorn.” didn’t update to “pelt him with candy corn” and then it got stuck when he went back into the box.
Once it progressed to the text asking to pelt him it worked.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shanious.5417

Shanious.5417

I redid it with the above advice was able to complete. Wait for them to stop talking before throwing at them.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xandror.2356

Xandror.2356

Boy this dialogue is getting old sitting through over and over on the offhand chance the dungeon may not bug out on one of these many many attempts. 5 minutes of beta testing would have been nice.
*update. I waited about 10 seconds between throwing items, and just stopped whenever someone was talking and i finished this.

(edited by Xandror.2356)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

After two failed attempts I followed Malkesh advice and it worked.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LeifChappelle.4069

LeifChappelle.4069

Designer

Hey everyone! We’re aware of this bug and are looking into it. I believe the bug is caused by being super aggressive with the candy corn as Tassi is finishing talking about how to throw it at him. So if you’re running into this, wait a few moments between throws.

A fix will be incoming once we verify the cause! Thanks for your patience.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RabidCadaver.2940

RabidCadaver.2940

For those of you talking about restarting the instance, how are you doing it?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

For those of you talking about restarting the instance, how are you doing it?

Rabid, just waypoint out and go back to the NPC you talked to in order to get in there. Start again.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: kwalle.3674

kwalle.3674

Hey everyone! We’re aware of this bug and are looking into it. I believe the bug is caused by being super aggressive with the candy corn as Tassi is finishing talking about how to throw it at him. So if you’re running into this, wait a few moments between throws.

I can confirm that, trowing to quickly makes it bug! We tryed it again and waited and went without a problem

Sword of Justice [SoJ]
Gunners Hold

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Batlan.7253

Batlan.7253

Hey LeifChappelle, will this fix allow us to do the story dungeon for another character on the account in order to get Tassi’s relay golem, as they are soulbound apparently?

Edit: can’t enter there again with any character, even the one I already did it with.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ukiah.9740

Ukiah.9740

I’d like to try the suggestions I’ve read here about waiting or not being as aggressive with the candy corn, however I was ‘kicked’ by the server ankitten ow unable to log back on with that character. My other characters are fine, so I guess I’ll try with one of them….

still very frustrating.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

I can confirm the holding back on the corn throwing works – thanks for the heads up i was mighty miffed when it just got stuck first time.