The crossing (and other Halloween weapons)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Just so everyone knows.. the items that require 1000 x whatever it is you want to make, drop from mobs.. so you can get 1000 x whatever in basically one drop.

But what’s the drop rate?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Karpalo.5148

Karpalo.5148

Can’t be too high. Done all the achis apart from 2 dailies needed for completion and haven’t seen one yet.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

I’m just running labyrinth to level my alt (lvl 28) and noticed them drop when I saw two stacks of skulls and was wondering why they weren’t stacked together.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

I really wanted Mad Moon…

Quis qustodiet custodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: kulle.6542

kulle.6542

i want proof you guys had these actually drop cuz ive been playing all day and havent gotten one. where did they drop and off what?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I hope not,, seeing as it will take 100,000 candy corn and 400 inventory spaces just to get the cobs.

The patch notes say 10 cobs at 1000 each for 10,000 candy corn? I could see it being 100,000 given that it is 25,000 plastic fangs/nougat/skulls stands though but not according to the patch notes?

it’s 10k candy corn. It’s 100k (not 25k) of plastic fangs/nougat/skulls.

…which is a joke. Again. Anet just doesn’t seem to learn at all.

Edit: seems it is 10k of fangs/nougat/skulls, not 100k. Doesn’t change the matter in the slightest, however.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Just so everyone knows.. the items that require 1000 x whatever it is you want to make, drop from mobs.. so you can get 1000 x whatever in basically one drop.

You sure? I farmed the the labrynth for about 4-5 hours last night and did not see a single candy corn cob or best nougat center drop. Not that im expecting to pick up a ton in that amount of time but i’d imagine that either myself or someone else from the zerg should see these drop, if of course they do drop…
As it stands, 100K Best Nougat Centers is about as close to impossible as you can get. I have a hard time imaging ANYONE collecting 10K candy corn at the current average aquisition rate and the nougat is far more sparse.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m assuming that they increased the material costs in an effort to reduce the amount of 2012 Halloween items that are still floating around. But requiring such a high amount would need to equate to literally millions of unclaimed ’12 items on the TP.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Why 1000? That’s alot. While 250 candy corns for one cob would have been just fine. Or perhaps even making full cobs drop from enemies as well could have worked, couldn’kitten
The numbers required now are pretty crazy, considering Candy Corn nodes have been removed from open world too.

I run around chopping a lot of trees. I found ONE candy corn node on the Cursed Shore… ONE. Out of about 6 maps.

I really wanted to make the Mad Moon… Until I saw the recipe and realized I’m better off placing a bid for one on the TP, which is exactly what they want. Why does everything have to amount to a gold sink anymore?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nardo.8052

Nardo.8052

Did they warn us about remving the recipe from the mystic forge? if not, i would like the same treatment as those karma people got. A grace period in which the old version still works…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Karpalo.5148

Karpalo.5148

I’m assuming that they increased the material costs in an effort to reduce the amount of 2012 Halloween items that are still floating around. But requiring such a high amount would need to equate to literally millions of unclaimed ’12 items on the TP.

Still absurd. Because you can’t go sub vendor price, even assuming you could purchase the pieces for absolute minium, you would still need to dump precursor money just get the nougats and that still leaves the matter of 10000 candy corns. Besides there weren’t even 10000 units listed on TP earlier today.

Only reasonable explanation is that this is that this is a elegant trolling attempt, which in all honesty very much did sink in. Otherwise Anet probably should take a very good look at the credentials of the so called economists they apparently employ.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zen.9137

Zen.9137

I love Guild Wars 2. I really do. I buy some gems out of the store every paycheck because I want to support A-Net as much as I can. However, this "1000 nougat centers = 1 best nougat center .. . . " is just too much. It honestly makes me want to NOT buy gems this paycheck tonight…. why should I keep supporting A-Net when I feel like they’re just trying to pull a fast one over on me? Perhaps they really don’t need my 20 bucks here and there.

Crafting “The Crossing” was the only thing I really looked forward to this Halloween update, and now it seems so unobtainable, I feel like “meh”. . . I’ve looked past most gripes and concerns most people vent on these forums…. one being that although GW2 set out to “not” be a grind fest, it has certainly become one, with grinding for mats for legendaries, ascended, and now, holiday items…. it feels like A-net is saying "Oh? can’t grind it out? Well, you can always buy gems. . . . "

I certainly hope that’s not the case. I say this with all the possible respect, love, and admiration for the devs as I possibly can. Really hope this changes.

Bad Was Heizenberg / Sylvari Engineer / Ehmry Bay

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Wait, for clarification, I need 10k nougats, + all the candy corn + the elonian wine… Just to get the recipe for the gift? So that’s somewhere near 200g in materials… For, the recipe that I’ll need to gather materials for to craft the gift, which I will then need to gather more materials for to craft the staff?…

Why is this item not ascended?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

ANet has officially gone crazy. Time to jump ship.

already ahead of you, just waiting for this sinking ship to pass Wildstar Island.

Edit: I just realized anets plan. this isn’t a collect material intended item. We expected to BUY the materials

Yupp.
And if you don’t have enough gold, you’re supposed to trade gems for gold.
Welcome to Gem Wars.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Only reasonable explanation is that this is that this is a elegant trolling attempt, which in all honesty very much did sink in. Otherwise Anet probably should take a very good look at the credentials of the so called economists they apparently employ.

Well… This is the problem: both the economist and the Monetization Director are doing a great job of making sure NCSoft gets high profits.
Nowhere in their job description is making players happy.

Economist’s goal is to remove the abundance of Candy Corn from TP.
Monetization Director’s goal is to make sure as much gems sell as possible. There we go.
Players’s enjoyment is nowhere in their equations.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

Yup.

The Crossing was the only staff skin that I went – OMG I need this. I want this. I will make this. And now I can’t get it.

So I am basically miserable. Not that I think Anet cares. They’re too busy making their not-grindy game.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BDiesel.4327

BDiesel.4327

Okay, In all honesty I can see where you are coming from Anet.. but please listen.. I have been a guild wars player since gw1 and now moved to gw2. I also played wow and the time needed for items and farming was literally insane and that was the main reason I quit.. not because of the monthly fee I make enough money.. I don’t care. If making gold off gems from people who don’t want to put in 100s of hours is the fix for these new items and armors then you are truly mistaken and need to rethink the path you are choosing because you will lose a large amount of people slowly that might not be throwing out cash like me( I’ve stopped at this point, Be proud of your designers and the weapons just because something is visually cool doesn’t mean many people shouldn’t have it or make it nearly impossible to reach) . Just looking at this thread and many others its sad to hear the concerns of your customers and yet you are only answering generic questions.. this is your business and future. When this game first came out and even when it was in beta you explained that this is for someone who can just “pick up an mmorpg” or people who have maybe never even liked mmo’s but they will like this. That was true at the start but seriously you are running way too ahead of yourselves with these patches and these requirements for items and events.. This is becoming the “new WoW” I hate to even say that in all honesty because it was and maybe could still be far from that.. but the way you are building things is honestly unexplainable and down right sad.. I can bet I speak for most people in this matter and If needed I will gladly start a new thread on this subject.. However, I hope whatever member reads this that you think about it and take the initiative to even make a comment of what is going on and the path you are going down. I will always be a loyal customer and player but at this rate it is hard to say if it will continue into the future, and I may be only one person but seriously.. I speak for a majority guaranteed. Regardless of the decision I hope you read it and at least bring it into consideration.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: aocypher.9172

aocypher.9172

As a GW1 player you should know that there has always been a grind for skins. This is no different.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As a GW1 player you should know that there has always been a grind for skins. This is no different.

It is, because it has been designed to be impossible.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: shujin.8904

shujin.8904

euhh how do u guys count?! U only need 10 of the upgraded candies and nougats! That makes 10k each not 100k! I crafted the recipe yesterday and i should be aware of what i spent in for that :P and i spent about 130g for that

(edited by shujin.8904)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

Yup.

The Crossing was the only staff skin that I went – OMG I need this. I want this. I will make this. And now I can’t get it.

So I am basically miserable. Not that I think Anet cares. They’re too busy making their not-grindy game.

Calm down man, you can just buy the staff on the trading post and not bother with the recipe. It costs 200gp. That’s NOTHING. 200gp is not some huge unattainable amount of gold. Its like a week of farming at frostgorge 2 or 3 hours a day. Its a month of playing the game normally. If the idea of working up 200gp is miserable to you, you should count yourself lucky that 200gp is ALL your favorite skin costs.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Osiris.7901

Osiris.7901

I farmed Labyrinth for days and got my guardian from 26-80 there. I did get one
Tyria’s Best Nougat Center (=1000 Nougats).
Even with them having a small chance to drop this isn’t farmable to get all the mats needed for the Gifts. Only way is to spend money on gems.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Tenebrous.2451

Tenebrous.2451

Yup.

Calm down man, you can just buy the staff on the trading post and not bother with the recipe. It costs 200gp. That’s NOTHING. 200gp is not some huge unattainable amount of gold. Its like a week of farming at frostgorge 2 or 3 hours a day. Its a month of playing the game normally. If the idea of working up 200gp is miserable to you, you should count yourself lucky that 200gp is ALL your favorite skin costs.

I guess we are playing differnt games. I have never made 200g in a month playing normally. I guess your normal and mine are differnt.

Anyhow I was looking forward to the gift of Spiders this year and will probably not get it. Becaused of the increased cost. I simply can not afford it.

Thursday Tenebrous – Necro * Sunday Tenebrous – Hunter
Tenebrous Fivetree – Guardian
Zelots of Shiverpeaks (ZoS) – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

I farmed Labyrinth for days and got my guardian from 26-80 there. I did get one
Tyria’s Best Nougat Center (=1000 Nougats).
Even with them having a small chance to drop this isn’t farmable to get all the mats needed for the Gifts. Only way is to spend money on gems.

Spend money on gems? You can’t buy halloween mats from the gem shop. I think you got your generic rubber stamp anti gem store rant confused with some actually valid criticisms on the amount of mats required for these recipes.

I also think you might be confused, because you don’t throw the candy corn and nougats into the mystic forge and receive the gift. You receive a recipe sheet from which you learn the recipe for the gift. You would still have to sink a ton of money into actually MAKING the gift, and then even MORE to actually make the weapon.

Basically, because tons of players crafted the recipe last year when it was dirt cheap compared to now, they can sell the things just above the cost of materials, because they didn’t sink 180g into the cost of the recipe. Therefore, it will always be cheaper to buy the weapons from them. At no point will it ever be worth it to have made the recipe sheet.

(edited by Psycho Robot.7835)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Spend money on gems? You can’t buy halloween mats from the gem shop. I think you got your generic rubber stamp anti gem store rant confused with some actually valid criticisms on the amount of mats required for these recipes.

I imagine he’s referring to gem to gold conversion. Which, (tin foil hat time) is most likely exactly what they are hoping we will do.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Basically, because tons of players crafted the recipe last year when it was dirt cheap compared to now,

And that’s my biggest gripe with this. Just because I didn’t have enough gold to buy the elonian wine required last year, I’m screwed (40 bottles is a bit over 10g, I had a total of 6 at the time…). But I figured, it’s Halloween, it’s a repeatable, I’ll get it next year. Turned out, I should have scrounged some more money together at that time. Because now I’ll need a lot more than that (I already had all the fangs, skulls, etc. required for all the gifts, just not the money for the wine).

Thank you ANet, for forgetting about your roots, and completely ignoring the casual players.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

In regards to obtaining the new converted items needed in the crafting: upgraded versions of the nougat, skulls and fangs. Currently, Sonders the Seller will be available to upgrade your materials until Nov 12th and then the items are set to be removed once Halloween ends. The Candy Corn cobs will still be available for trade.

If the Candy Corn Cobs are staying post halloween…will that mean we can still get the mini after the 12th too?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Goobers.8509

Goobers.8509

Some of you complaining should be thankful that candy corn isn’t above 1 silver. I want to take all of your veteran gold so that I can actually help my realm in WvWvW. Silly weapon skins mean nothing anyways.

in Blood and Madness

Tenebrous.2451

Some of you complaining should be thankful that candy corn isn’t above 1 silver. I want to take all of your veteran gold so that I can actually help my realm in WvWvW. Silly weapon skins mean nothing anyways.

And WvW ranks mean that much more . . . (hint it’s a game)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: SolGray.1706

SolGray.1706

I am currently attempting to craft “The Crossing”… pausing for laughter… I have gathered all the necessary material for my LVL 413 artificer to craft the “Gift of Souls”. I told my guild of my idea and then I saw a response from one of my guildies. And He said “YOU actually GOT A RECIPE?” This stopped me in my tracks. I was under the assumption all you need to do was discover it, by combining the correct amount of items. When I tried last night to craft it I couldn’t, because neither the “Gift of Knowledge” nor my 100 crystal lodestones appeared in my crafting window. Anet can you confirm that you CAN or can NOT craft “The Gift of Souls” without the recipe or am I doing something wrong.
Thanks

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I am currently attempting to craft “The Crossing”… pausing for laughter… I have gathered all the necessary material for my LVL 413 artificer to craft the “Gift of Souls”. I told my guild of my idea and then I saw a response from one of my guildies. And He said “YOU actually GOT A RECIPE?” This stopped me in my tracks. I was under the assumption all you need to do was discover it, by combining the correct amount of items. When I tried last night to craft it I couldn’t, because neither the “Gift of Knowledge” nor my 100 crystal lodestones appeared in my crafting window. Anet can you confirm that you CAN or can NOT craft “The Gift of Souls” without the recipe or am I doing something wrong.
Thanks

And guess what? The recipe to make the recipe is arguably more grindy than the rest of the parts for the staff combined! Argh…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Thanks

You can’t discover it. You need to learn it via the Recipe. sheet, which is created via the Mystic Forge There are many crafting recipes in the game you can’t discover.

That is the unfortunate roadblock a lot of people are getting stuck on, because its the Recipe that has the utterly insane cost to it. Crafting the Gift itself and the actual weapon is no different than it always was, in which the requirements are somewhat steep but reasonable, but learning the Recipe has become a massive undertaking in and of itself.

Of course, you can always buy the Gift off the TP, buy the weapon itself off the TP, or attempt to find someone who already knows the recipe and can craft it for you using your materials (minus the dungeon token item anyway). The only silver lining to the whole situation is that people who already knew the recipe are unaffected, so they can provide Gifts to the rest of the playerbase if they’re so inclined.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The only silver lining to the whole situation is that people who already knew the recipe are unaffected, so they can provide Gifts to the rest of the playerbase if they’re so inclined.

Which they might…for over 150 gold per Gift.

In a strange way, those bookahs whining about item exclusivity got their way: All the returning items are even harder to get now for anyone who didn’t get them the first time.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

ANet has officially gone crazy. Time to jump ship.

I’m starting to feel like this is the only option anymore… CLEARLY they don’t play their own game

I’ve seen them in Orr.

They were the reason for the 200+ people at Melandru. People just started following them. And following them. And following them.

It was hilarious, the champ was hit by a solid wall of people.

The lag caused the timer to go -6 minutes in.

The point is, they do play their own game. They just did something stupid for Halloween.

I’ll jump ship with you for the most part if Christmas is like this.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Goobers.8509

Goobers.8509

Hint without players this game doesn’t function properly. What’s your point? I don’t mean rank, I could also care less about that as well. Nice try though.

in Blood and Madness

Tenebrous.2451

Hint without players this game doesn’t function properly. What’s your point? I don’t mean rank, I could also care less about that as well. Nice try though.

Ok, if you need it spelled out, it WvW, skins and all “means nothing anyways.”