This year Halloween was a Let Down?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Steve.5197

Steve.5197

I’m not sure if anyone agrees with me but last year Halloween was amazing, it seemed like areanet put more effort into that event than this year’s. They basically did not change much this year so it was very boring imo.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They were busy catering to their pet project Scarlet, who people is starting to get fed up with more and more.

They made a bit of story with the blood prince, but the climax was lackluster. A single fight that can be easily finished under a minute, even when solo.

I though we’ll end up being sucked in with him and had to fight or way out a pocket in the Mad Realm or something like that, but no.

Instead him making a last effort to push the box open and throw some chains at us to pull us in with him before being trapped, we were merely closing a box. And that was it.

The rest of the content was grind involving getting unreasonable amounts of candy corn and a farmodrome, and a few funny lines of dialogue between the mad king and his son.

So, yeah. Kind of a let down.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Is funny how people still believed in anet. Kept arguing and defending devs saying there will be more stuff released as halloween progresses. I hope they learned their lesson lmao.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer: Yes, considering what I read about Halloween last year, it can easily be said that this Halloween was a near complete letdown.

The Bloody Prince was interesting…too bad he gets only two story instances, some dialogue with the Mad King in the Labyrinth, and a short story hidden away on this site. He could’ve also done without the emo-mohawk and face paint(or was it blood?).

While there were some new skins, they were all stuck with the Black Lion Ticket vendor, meaning getting RNG keys to open RNG chests which might have scraps that you need to make tickets to actually get the skin. Or just buy it right off the Trading Post, which might be cheaper in the long run.

Some of the old skins (Greatsaw Chainsword, Grinning Shield, Mad Memories, etc.) didn’t return, and the ones that did (Arachnophobia, Mad Moon, The Crossing) had the amount of Halloween materials need to make them increased, while the drop rate for everything needed was not good enough to make up for the difference.

You now had to either grind the entire event, and/or buy what you needed off the Trading Post, instead of just being able to enjoy the content.

And the Labyrinth is painful without a zerg rush going through, especially if the Horror is running about in there as well.

The only upside was that the Invasive Weed was nowhere to be seen, heard, or mentioned…until the Tower.

Now this will soon be mostly forgotten.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Blueskylightdragon.4876

Blueskylightdragon.4876

Ah….hope this year’s Wintersday will not completely….bad.
I really put high hope to meet Tixx once again. :’)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

This year’s Halloween felt anticlimactic. It wasn’t really bad, I just expected a battle between the Mad King and Bloody Prince, or new scavenger hunts, or something. I did enjoy fighting the Bloody Prince, but was literally only one minute out of a four week event.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

This year’s Halloween felt anticlimactic. It wasn’t really bad, I just expected a battle between the Mad King and Bloody Prince, or new scavenger hunts, or something. I did enjoy fighting the Bloody Prince, but was literally only one minute out of a four week event.

I agree completely. It felt very anticlimatic.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Tukaram.8256

Tukaram.8256

I was totally bored with the Halloween zone, and stopped very quickly. The GW1 holidays had more content. But… so far the nightmare tower is better than the Halloween.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

This. I played the labyrinth for like 2 days and then had no reason whatsoever to go back. The only other indication I had that something was going on were the decorations in LA and the doors in the open world that I ignored…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I’d like to point out that people would’ve complained if they had completely changed Halloween as well. I will say that I don’t like that they barely added anything new and instead took several things away.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds