Trick-or-Treat bag farming 100+ per hour.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Hey guys

Just wanted to share a video I did last night of farming bags in the clock tower, I’ve found this to be the best way to get the most bags, I did the Labyrinth zerg farm for an hour and only got 20-30 bags so it’s much less.

Of course, for this to be effective you have to be good at the jumping puzzle, and complete it on almost every run. I average about 100-130 bags per hour.

Now yes, this may seem pointless to some people as everyone seems to have this mentality of “I’d rather just run Frostgorge zerg and buy them” but if you don’t enjoy mindless champ train zerging, or are not high enough level then this is the best way to get bags. (I actually enjoy running the clock tower)

Also, if it’s like last Halloween, the prices for mats will likely go up after it’s over, so farming these bags to save for a later date could make you some decent money.

Here is the video if you want to check it out.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U7MO7LyvBY

Enjoy the rest of Halloween xD

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

The clock tower would be way better if you didn’t have to wait so long between tries. I gave up after like 5 times because the waiting was very boring…if I fall off let me start right away not 2 minutes later.

in Blood and Madness

Whitey.6185

The clock tower would be way better if you didn’t have to wait so long between tries. I gave up after like 5 times because the waiting was very boring…if I fall off let me start right away not 2 minutes later.

Sometimes it can be quicker to leave the instance and re-join another one that may be just starting, though this is random as you could join the same one or a longer waiting one.

Also, when there is less than 1 min 40 on the clock, leave because another round will not start and you just wait for the timer to hit 0 then reload the next match.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Of course, for this to be effective you have to be good at the jumping puzzle, and complete it on almost every run. I average about 100-130 bags per hour.

Appreciated, but that’s a huge flaw: Only people who are good enough to get through it every time will be able to do this well. For everyone else, they’re better off waypointing/running to doors in Gendarran Fields.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Sometimes it can be quicker to leave the instance and re-join another one that may be just starting, though this is random as you could join the same one or a longer waiting one.

Also, when there is less than 1 min 40 on the clock, leave because another round will not start and you just wait for the timer to hit 0 then reload the next match.

Not worth it, I wasn’t having fun with it anyhow. I just kinda wanted the ach points but they don’t matter enough to deal with a moving jp and figuring out how to get it reloaded quickly.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

The wait time depends on how far you or others get. If I ever fail its usually near the end so my wait time is like 20 secs.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Leaving between every race is better anyway. Leaving the instance resets the 3 chests on the way up the tower, letting you get more ToT bags (assuming you can open the 3 chests and still complete the puzzle, anyway). At least as long as you don’t get dumped back into the exact same instance with the exact same people, in which case the chest doesn’t reset.

Also, when you leave the instance, leave via the “Leave Instance” button above your map, not via the door. Leaving via the door spawns you at the entrance to the labyrinth, forcing you to walk back to the boatkeeper. Using the leave instance button puts you right back at the boatkeeper, no walking required.

in Blood and Madness

Whitey.6185

Yeah, joining a new instance allows you to get all chests again. However, I was playing late at night so games were pretty empty and I did find myself joining the same one often so I started to stick with the same one and just leaving every now and then.

(edited by Whitey.6185)

in Blood and Madness

Whitey.6185

@Electro, do you play on Desolation, by any chance?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Can’t say that I do. I’ve been happily on Tarnished Coast since about 2 weeks after I started playing.

in Blood and Madness

Whitey.6185

Can’t say that I do. I’ve been happily on Tarnished Coast since about 2 weeks after I started playing.

Ah never mind then. I often see someone on Deso (world I play on) named Elektro, guess you’re the original xD

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

100 ToT bags is about 300 pieces of candy corn. At 65c per piece (and falling) that’s 1.95g per hour. To compare, Frostgorge is roughly 8g an hour. If you want the mini or the recipes, its better to go to Frostgorge and buy them.

in Blood and Madness

Whitey.6185

8g an hour is over estimating.

The only money I’d be making from champ farming is the coin from boxes as I need everything else. I salvage all blues & greens for luck, salvage all rare and exotics for ecto/DM and need all materials for crafting + saving for legendary.

So at the end, I barely make much money from champ farming.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

That’s one of the most puzzling assessments I’ve ever read. If you did indeed want to get the candy corn for the mini, you could do frostgorge where you sell everything for a while, and then go back to frostgorge the way you normally do it. You’re not losing anything, because the time spent at frostgorge would otherwise be spent at the jumping puzzle, the only difference is, you spend a fourth the time at frostgorge.

in Blood and Madness

Whitey.6185

Decided I probably wont even go for the mini now any ways.

I usually love to collect everything in a game, but after thinking about it again, 20k candy corn is just stupid. It’s been over 2 weeks now and I only have 1 cob and now that the new living story is out I probably wont get much Halloween done now.

I will probably still run clock tower every so often though as I like jumping puzzles (much rather spend an hour doing JP’s than following a commander and auto-attacking champions)

I can’t remember how the market went last year so don’t know if the ToT bags will become valuable after Halloween, so I’ll probably keep some on me just in case.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I remember doing this last year except it was more like 300-400 an hour. There was no waiting in between runs and the total bags per run was 2-3x as much.

in Blood and Madness

Whitey.6185

Yeah it’s the same with the other mats. I don’t get why this year things cost a LOT more to buy yet you get a lot less :/ I remember having loads of spare crap last year that I didn’t need.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Avatara.1042

8g an hour is over estimating.

The only money I’d be making from champ farming is the coin from boxes as I need everything else. I salvage all blues & greens for luck, salvage all rare and exotics for ecto/DM and need all materials for crafting + saving for legendary.

So at the end, I barely make much money from champ farming.

wut