Where to draw the line?

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I’ve spent a lot of time in many online community games. Over the years I’ve been drawn to the forums to present my own cases or see what people have to say about things. I know a thing or two about complaint threads and what a pain it is to see people always B——ing about things. However I also feel that these threads need to be made, good or bad, because it CAN bring about good change.

With that in mind: this is…. a complaint thread…

Since this Halloween event started, I’ve heard soooooo many complaints about the content we’ve been presented with this year. Let me list a few:

No historical achievements available
No previous year rewards available
No previous year gemstore content available
Ridiculous requirements for Hween weapon crafting
More RNG-reward based weapons.
Far fewer candy corn nodes (cheap explanation as well)
No new clocktower rewards/achievements

There are others, but these are some of the most common i’ve heard.

I personally managed to complete all of last year’s content and got plenty of rewards. However I do feel that the people who missed that content should at least have the option of getting it. The people at anet handled this quite well with the Super Adventure Box content, leaving achievements open and giving us the option to go for them once again. This means that they KNOW people would want that option. If they understood that for the adventure box, I guarantee you that they they knew that players would want the same for the Halloween event.

I remember the frustration I felt when playing runescape many years ago that you couldnt get the previous years rewards. It’s a flawed system that alienates new players and frustrates everyone.

I’m aware that work went into making this year’s Halloween a NEW and fun experience. However the more I read on these forums and hear from other players in-game, the more this event feels like a huge moneygrab/timesink by the people at anet, and a poor one at that. Weapon skins require exorbitant amounts of materials, (nearly unobtainable without vast amounts of money) and candycorn will only be available after Hween from a single rechargeable node in your home. Heck at the very least you could stock some of last years items on the gemstore; people might even PAY for that sort of thing. It might be a transparent attempt to get yet more money but at least new players could have a shot at getting last year’s rewards.

My whole point here is: People are angry, its easy to predict that they would be angry, and these things should be taken into consideration by anet while there’s still time to do something about it.

Some of you will no doubt mention that “not everyone can be pleased” and this is absolutely true. However the level of “pleasing” here seems especially below average. This is OBVIOUS stuff that any fool could predict, and more should be done to make this right for anet’s loyal playerbase.

I guess that’s it: obvious complaint thread is obvious. If youre gonna give me the business for complaining too much then I can understand that : ) However after youre done, put yourself in the place of the people who are in the wrong of this situation and offer some constructive feedback…. and dont give me any of that “if they missed it, too bad for them because I didnt” kitten-stuff… thats KITTEN and you know it. (Yes, I used kitten purposely in this thread, I’m starting to get used to it replacing all of my bad language)

Good Luck People, Happy Halloween

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Nightingale.9714

Also, it’s 5am here and I’m tired… this thread probably Kittens.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: kulle.6542

kulle.6542

You should realize from the past few months of content that anet ignores complaints.

(edited by kulle.6542)

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Nightingale.9714

You should realized from the past few months of content that anet ignores complaints.

Sorry but… “You should realize that based on previous content” would have been a better response.. And yeah they do but Complaints are often more of a personal outlet as opposed to game changers (with some notable exceptions.) so I complained nonetheless.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Stillkin.2859

Stillkin.2859

I have been an active player since january and really loved GW2. The last living story updates have been such a dissapointment to me – Teq most of all (5 days of overflows and i was ready to quit). I heard so many good things about the Halloween event that I thought i had something to look forward to again. I logged on last night realised its just another AP event – even living story is now gathered behind APs. Weaponskins i can forget – a grind that will not be realistic for most ppl. I logged out after 5 min realizing i am fedup/burnout/sick of the what this game has turned into. I really like doing achievement – heck i was the biggest achivementhunter in wow for years. But not like this not forcing me to logg on everyday in order to complete my meta APs. I guess its time to move on to other games

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Nightingale.9714

I have been an active player since january and really loved GW2. The last living story updates have been such a dissapointment to me – Teq most of all (5 days of overflows and i was ready to quit). I heard so many good things about the Halloween event that I thought i had something to look forward to again. I logged on last night realised its just another AP event – even living story is now gathered behind APs. Weaponskins i can forget – a grind that will not be realistic for most ppl. I logged out after 5 min realizing i am fedup/burnout/sick of the what this game has turned into. I really like doing achievement – heck i was the biggest achivementhunter in wow for years. But not like this not forcing me to logg on everyday in order to complete my meta APs. I guess its time to move on to other games

Just really makes me wish I could talk to one of the developers directly with these questions. Ive been playing this game hardcore for over a year now and most things I’ve been able to overlook. But this Halloween just feels like a huge disappointment.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zetsuei.8942

Zetsuei.8942

I’ve spent a lot of time in many online community games. Over the years I’ve been drawn to the forums to present my own cases or see what people have to say about things. I know a thing or two about complaint threads and what a pain it is to see people always B——ing about things. However I also feel that these threads need to be made, good or bad, because it CAN bring about good change.

With that in mind: this is…. a complaint thread…

Since this Halloween event started, I’ve heard soooooo many complaints about the content we’ve been presented with this year. Let me list a few:

No historical achievements available
No previous year rewards available
No previous year gemstore content available
Ridiculous requirements for Hween weapon crafting
More RNG-reward based weapons.
Far fewer candy corn nodes (cheap explanation as well)
No new clocktower rewards/achievements

Good Luck People, Happy Halloween

While I do agree on the RNG and the completely insane requirements for crafting, I think you are just upset you can’t get any of the stuff from last year. I know its hard to accept, but you missed it. They want the game to be a living world and go forward, not relive the same event over and over.

Also on the gemstore lacking items, the event is ONE DAY OLD. Last year they released the content over time during the event. The event is going to be here for 4 weeks. Judging the event right now is just showing how easily you cry instead of waiting to see what happens. If you want to voice your complaints and issues I would wait til the end of the event when we can finally see everything the event has. Til then all I can say is think about what you’re posting before you do it.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BeardMonk.1749

BeardMonk.1749

I genuinely think that the biggest mistake ANet has made was changing tack to make their updated/living world events so frequent.

While the events last year where not always perfect, the quality and depth of content in terms of new game play, crafting mates, achievements, rewards etc meant that it felt more like a “special event” rather than just an “game update”. By committing to pushing out new living world content pretty much every month, ANet is no longer giving its dev and writing team long enough to develop new and interesting content. Because of this they are forced to fall back on a set of templates around materials, grinding and limited rewards rather than allowing their teams to make something genuinely new.

This is why this year’s Halloween even feels “less” compared to last year. It is just the same skeleton template from 2012 but populated with less content because the dev team is only just getting over writing the last living world content. Same maps, same style rewards. just chuck in some zerg events and push it out there.

In summary, I love this game, that’s why as a 26 year old gamer im still playing regularly over a year since release, but ANet if you want to avoid killing off your own fan base you should go back to doing fewer but bigger, better and longer lasting event. Quality, not quantity.

:/

From Essex blud…….. I’ll cut you.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I just don’t get how a game with so much potential, could end up in such a grindfest. Holiday’s are supposed to be fun, yet they suck out all the fun parts. There’s so many and easy ways to make money off the gemstore by just adding rehashed items people want, yet they add crap like fireworks or new boosters (who the heck buys this crap?).

If only there was one sane person left at arenanet that could make all the right decisions for them, cause for some reason they always pick the exact opposite of what people want.

“You want easy to access holiday items? lol think again”

“Oh, we read your feedback, the holiday items costs too much. You know what? We’ll just make them 50 times more expensive, you’re welcome.”

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I normally play for a t least 3 hours after work, last night i didnt even last an hour, did first part of the story, went to check doors in Queensdale 3 teleports back to LA later i logged out.
This is supposed to be a holiday event and get everyone playing and have exciting times in game.
I really think all the new recipes should be reachable/craftable by everybody and in a very short time.
I dunno if it’s just me but it just seems a watered down version of last years, i think my bubble for this game has burst.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I’m ignoring this update as well.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I normally play for a t least 3 hours after work, last night i didnt even last an hour, did first part of the story, went to check doors in Queensdale 3 teleports back to LA later i logged out.
This is supposed to be a holiday event and get everyone playing and have exciting times in game.
I really think all the new recipes should be reachable/craftable by everybody and in a very short time.
I dunno if it’s just me but it just seems a watered down version of last years, i think my bubble for this game has burst.

Yup :/
I’ll be dragging my virtual feet to hold out hope there is a second, major addition coming before the actual day. But I certainly won’t be holding my breath.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Time and time again they show a lack of common sense. I think it would serve them well to hire an adviser in the matter so they do not constantly repeat the same mistakes. Now I’m not saying they are not smart, I believe whole heartedly they are, but there is more than one type of intelligence. They simply seem to lack in common sense variety or else why repeat the same mistakes time and time again?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

No historical achievements available – why should they put these? This is a new event
No previous year rewards available – why should they do this? Scarcity is good
No previous year gemstore content available – they still have time to do this
Ridiculous requirements for Hween weapon crafting – I agree, it needs to be fixed
More RNG-reward based weapons. – Not sure why you are surprised by this. People don’t like it but it’s working for Anet. They should keep on doing it to fund this game
Far fewer candy corn nodes (cheap explanation as well) – I agree
No new clocktower rewards/achievements – They don’t need to add to this

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ahratan.1098

Ahratan.1098

Last year’s update was great fun; this year’s is rubbish. I would’ve preferred a complete rehash of the exact same content as last year. This year’s feels rushed and tedious, there’s no ‘pull’ factor making me want to do it, the rewards are ludicrously out of reach, the fun things like candy nodes have been mostly removed except for a precious few, carving pumpkins is pointless, etc. etc. And Mad King Says is only for one day!?

When crafting an ascended weapon, you get so much bloodstone and dragonite that you end up throwing it away by the stack. But when it comes to crafting something in a 4-week, limited-time event, the mat costs are so insurmountably high that nobody can afford it? Ridiculous.

And what’s with the new infinite gathering tools? The people who wanted them already bought the other ones – who wants to spend 800 gems on a gathering tool skin!? At the very least, a player should get a one-time ‘un-soulbinding’ of their current infinite gathering tool when they buy a new one of that type, so they can give it to their alt, since it’s only the skin they’re after.

Really disappointed by this recent patch.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I just don’t get how a game with so much potential, could end up in such a grindfest. Holiday’s are supposed to be fun, yet they suck out all the fun parts. There’s so many and easy ways to make money off the gemstore by just adding rehashed items people want, yet they add crap like fireworks or new boosters (who the heck buys this crap?).

If only there was one sane person left at arenanet that could make all the right decisions for them, cause for some reason they always pick the exact opposite of what people want.

“You want easy to access holiday items? lol think again”

“Oh, we read your feedback, the holiday items costs too much. You know what? We’ll just make them 50 times more expensive, you’re welcome.”

I agree, according to the /age I have played 3.5 hours a day over the past year. Even at that rate there is no way I can keep up with this ridiculous grind. Nor do I want to.

And yes, I want easy holiday items. I want to have FUN. Grinding candy corn is not fun. I want to enjoy my time with the game and not just waste another hour of my life doing something stupid.

Edit: Also to me, the labyrinth seems like another champion farm with a lower payout.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I mostly find it strange that they got rid of decent content from last year. The dungeon is gone, and yes story wise it makes sense maybe, but it was a good dungeon. I see no reason it really should of been cut out even with the existing story. Same goes for the scavenger hunt. It was decent content and something different for people to do instead of farm in Labyrinth.

Same goes for dropping some of the achievements; pumpkin carving: it still exists in menial form of the daily, seems almost pointless now. Why not give people the clocktower achievement if they didn’t do it last year. Its still achievement worthy I think.

I thought the benefit of seasonal content was that some of it is repetitive. I know GW2 is trying to change the definition of ever-changing world, but it is definitely disappointing to see decent content stripped from the game. Especially when you compare what we have now to last years.

I won’t even go into the candy corn debacle. Its just sad. :/ I leveled my alts more last year because of candy corn everywhere then I did any time after that. Was kind of looking forward to it. And potentially gathering enough for 20 slot pail/mini. I knew it was going to be absurd. But you can’t make it absurd and then nerf all ways to get it. That and I feel like the way content is going…the mini definitely won’t be there next year.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Monkey Fritz.9052

And yes, I want easy holiday items. I want to have FUN.

Exactly!
All the rest of the year is for ‘grinding’ your vertical progression away until the fingers bleed. Holiday events should be all about fun. Breaking the monotonous grind and giving you enough fond memories to live through the next few months of zergfesting ascended grinds.

If I’m gonna grind for epic lootz I sure ain’t gonna do it for candycorn and nougat.

Somehow they are going to kill the toy dungeon in winter’s day too. They’ll turn it into a minigame or something.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Monkey Fritz.9052

The dungeon is gone, and yes story wise it makes sense maybe, but it was a good dungeon.

The dungeon didn’t appear until the mad king burst out of the mad realm, only a couple days before halloween. Which happens to be pretty close to the next scheduled release.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

The dungeon is gone, and yes story wise it makes sense maybe, but it was a good dungeon.

The dungeon didn’t appear until the mad king burst out of the mad realm, only a couple days before halloween. Which happens to be pretty close to the next scheduled release.

Yeah I was thinking that maybe it was tied to dates again. But I thought maybe they were trying to get away from that. It is quite possible it will show up again, especially considering the Mad King says is timed as well.

I just figured they’d at least…post it on the page if it was going to show up again. /shrug.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You should realized from the past few months of content that anet ignores complaints.

Sorry but… “You should realize that based on previous content” would have been a better response.. And yeah they do but Complaints are often more of a personal outlet as opposed to game changers (with some notable exceptions.) so I complained nonetheless.

Was I playing the game where the Dev’s changed the 8-bit jumping zone content when people complained or did I dream that….?

These forums are full of such massive exaggeration and flat out lies it’s not even entertaining any longer….

IMO, they DO need to adjust the crafting requirements down for the weapons, but other than that all these complaints boil down to, “it’s not the same as last year….whhaaaaa!!!!”

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I am glad you can not get last years achievements there should be some reward for being a veteran player. With that being said it seems the quality of the content is at question here.

They removed being able to get the back item and replaced it with a short instance where all you basically do is throw candy corn. Other than that not much has changed except for a few new “champs” in the labyrinth. They nerfed the amount of candy corn nods on world maps and really made carving pumpkins meaningless except for the days that the daily includes carving 5 pumpkins.

I understand these festivals are to give the devs time to get caught up but this is ridiculous. They had to know about the expectations people had for this event and really swung and missed big time on an opportunity to get players back. A few weapons skins, a short instance, and a few new champs do not really do it for the majority of the player base. People who did not get the chance to do this even will be entertained momentarily but come this time next year they will feel the way most of us vets feel now.

bored.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I liked it better when halloween was its own event and not part of the LW scheme.

I’ve come to expect that every two weeks they will release more weak content, it’s now the status quo. The only thing I really look forward to at this point is the quality of game updates that they occasionally sneak into the game. LFG, account wallet, and the clean up of skill/trait explanations are examples of what I am talking about, user interface stuff.

I had hoped that Halloween would be special but how can it be when they fit it into the same rigid Living World model?

Every new update is the same.

- new stuff in the gem shop how many different sets of indestructible tools are needed?

- weak story

- new lame weapon skins that you can usually only obtain through dumb luck

- a chore list that you have to do to get a random back item or title. while i like the idea of getting new back pieces why must it almost exclusivity revolve around AP farming?

since we get the same thing constantly it all washes together an becomes hum drum and not very memorable especially since the majority of the stuff disappears after no later than one month and all we have as a reminder of any of it is a half finished achievement/chore list

Yes i like new content, no i don’t the same thing every two weeks with a different coat of paint

Yes I am aware that I don’t have have to do any of the new content and i do ignore the majority of it but, some of it you just can’t ignore. For instance I run dungeons nightly and they put a new dungeon into the game and removed an old path in the process.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

I am glad you can not get last years achievements there should be some reward for being a veteran player.

What exactly is so veteran-ish in doing some achievement i just happen to miss out on the first time?

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I agree that this year so far feels underwhelming compared to last year, where Halloween was hands down my favorite event.

My issue is that I would have liked to see some new gear skins. They did 5 new weapons, leaving a large majority of the weapons in the game by the wayside. New armor sets have been completely neglected since launch, save a couple sets in the gem store. In a game where everything is supposed to be based on progression of your character’s appearance, there seems to be a gaping hole in newly introduced appearance items.

One solution would be to tie new skins to the meta achievements, but instead we just get useless nonsense like minis. I’m aware some people like and collect minis, but I think it’s pretty clear that more people enjoy new pieces of armor than minis.

No response needed, I’m aware I’m complaining about free content updates, but I had to get it off my chest, because as someone else mentioned, it seems so obvious that people want more armor skins, but ANet is either oblivious or doesn’t care.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Was I playing the game where the Dev’s changed the 8-bit jumping zone content when people complained or did I dream that….?

These forums are full of such massive exaggeration and flat out lies it’s not even entertaining any longer….

IMO, they DO need to adjust the crafting requirements down for the weapons, but other than that all these complaints boil down to, “it’s not the same as last year….whhaaaaa!!!!”

People can’t even make up their minds. On one hand they get kitten ed off when nothing new is introduced, on another they get kitten ed off when old content isn’t brought back in the same form.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

While I do agree on the RNG and the completely insane requirements for crafting, I think you are just upset you can’t get any of the stuff from last year.

So explain people like me with every achievement/weapons we wanted feeling the same way.

Halloween has always been the big event for me in GW. This just doesn’t feel the same.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

No historical achievements available – why should they put these? This is a new event
Ridiculous requirements for Hween weapon crafting – I agree, it needs to be fixed
More RNG-reward based weapons. – Not sure why you are surprised by this. People don’t like it but it’s working for Anet. They should keep on doing it to fund this game

I think the point would be that it is not a “new” event. People do like the idea of reoccurring festivals and a certain sense of stability as well. For my personal taste it is simply starting to tip too much into the other direction.

Scarcity is good – well that may be, again this can be overdone as well. I’m not sure how a title effects the economy, so there is no reason there. Why change the crafting requirements if scarcity is good?

Well, I guess this is the essence of the title – where to draw the line and we all will draw them somewhere else.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Ah, new players cannot get the previous year’s achievements?

I have them, but I thought they’d be a yearly thing for holidays. I mis-informed a couple friends. Will have to fix that.

Why are all the carving pumpkins around again, then?

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Pretty much 100% agree with the above. This is day 1 of Halloween 2013, new events will start over the next 2-3 weeks. New events means new items. Unique items is what keeps a lot of veteran players here, plus if you REALLY want last years items, they are still available on the TP. This part will never change. I also agree about the clocktower…the fun is in acomplishing it. Besides, you get a new armor skin and this year a choice of stats.

Ridiculous amounts required for new crafting. I agree here. I have 1000 candy corn from last year, and it turns out I need 396 more stacks?! WTF? This needs to be fixed especially since Anet offered a trade-in for useless materials at the Bazaar of the Winds. Sneaky, sneaky. How about each node drop a lot more candy corn?…or a rare chance at a candy corn cob?

Who really cares about the RNG weapons/skins. If you want one buy chests, if not dont waste your money. Perhaps you can still wait for them to show up on the TP or get it as a rare drop from the mad king dungeon this year?

MY ONE BIG COMPLAINT…Why can’t they make staffs, sceptor, axes, focus, pistols, daggers, and torches with cool affects they they add to greatswords and hammers. If they added the blue flame affect (from the new greatsword) or the purple affect (from the new hammer) to any other exotic above, I would be all over it. The one or 2 they have now are very expensive compared to greatswords and hammers with similar affects. I would also love a larger, more noticable focus skin. Similar in size to a small shield.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

I am glad you can not get last years achievements there should be some reward for being a veteran player.

What exactly is so veteran-ish in doing some achievement i just happen to miss out on the first time?

That kind of is the definition of vetran player. Someone that has been here since the beginning and took part in an event before others started playing.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

OP, of course its a timesink moneygrab content addition… this is a business not a game to ANET – as such they need to create potential revenue streams. They know many players like to get everything in a heartbeat and likely would if the content was so easily completed.. and by completed I mean you have gotten everything. So ANET have provided those players with that option, but it comes at a cost. For us normal happy go lucky loggers we can grind and play RNG, but with the high numbers of mats etc involved ANET know they have the timesink as their Ace card cos invariably players get bored of repetitive stuff and fall back to the credit card instead. On the flipside they know if they can offer the chance of nice shinnies and some fun along the way they will keep players logging in regardless and in doing open up the opportunity of other random cash shop sales taking place… so its a win, win for them and us.. without hook and bait players would long of grown bored of the games low repeat value and gone elsewhere or stopped spending coin pushing the game closer to the break even/maintenance model like others have done so soon after launch.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Nightingale.9714

I’ve been gone for a bit (had to sleep) but I read all of the posts here. Most of my opposers here seem to think that I’m complaining because I didnt get last year’s rewards. Funny thing though because I mentioned in my first post that I DID get ALL of them you stupid kittens! I managed to get every title from last year and even a weapon skin too. That was enough for me. But the newcomers this year are getting NONE of that. They.Deserve.A.Chance. and if you jerks are soooo proud of yourselves for just BEING THERE that you dont feel that new players should get a chance…. just go die in a fire -.-

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Vote for the OP’s first post being the best post that sums up all the disappointment of this halloween event warmed up cold coffe >.>

I’ve expected something much better in regard of fanservice.
This time this ptch absolutely really shows from the begin to its end right in all of our faces, that it was a very bad decision by Anet to push out new content every 2 weeks.

They should finally HEAR ON US, stopping on being so stubborn to really believe that quantity over quality is in any kind better.
1 Update every month is absolutely more than enough (so every 4 weeks instead of every 2 weeks), if the quality of the updates is then alot better, has alot lesser of bugs right off the start due to the quality management really testing out seriously the patch, before it gets rolled out and each patch would feel then also alot more meaningful to the game!!

With 1 Update every one, the patches could be then also of bigger size, making it easier possible to implment with the patches then also changes to the game, that can actually be of greater impact for improving the game.
Stuff like adding more frequently new explorable maps, new playable races, a sub class system, redesigns for class mechanics and so on

This game still feels after 1 year liek a huge switzer cheese with thousands of holes cause of we see no fucused priorities here to improve the game on a larger scale.
Just give the game a break from the living story and focus first more on polishing and improving the game with more real meaningful content that makes the game actually really alot better.

New story and all that stuff can you bring up later with add ons, when you think its time to progress with the game’s main story also too, so that we can progress also in our personal stories at the same time.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Nightingale.9714

Vote for the OP’s first post being the best post that sums up all the disappointment of this halloween event warmed up cold coffe >.>

I’ve expected something much better in regard of fanservice.
This time this ptch absolutely really shows from the begin to its end right in all of our faces, that it was a very bad decision by Anet to push out new content every 2 weeks.

They should finally HEAR ON US, stopping on being so stubborn to really believe that quantity over quality is in any kind better.
1 Update every month is absolutely more than enough (so every 4 weeks instead of every 2 weeks), if the quality of the updates is then alot better, has alot lesser of bugs right off the start due to the quality management really testing out seriously the patch, before it gets rolled out and each patch would feel then also alot more meaningful to the game!!

With 1 Update every one, the patches could be then also of bigger size, making it easier possible to implment with the patches then also changes to the game, that can actually be of greater impact for improving the game.
Stuff like adding more frequently new explorable maps, new playable races, a sub class system, redesigns for class mechanics and so on

This game still feels after 1 year liek a huge switzer cheese with thousands of holes cause of we see no fucused priorities here to improve the game on a larger scale.
Just give the game a break from the living story and focus first more on polishing and improving the game with more real meaningful content that makes the game actually really alot better.

New story and all that stuff can you bring up later with add ons, when you think its time to progress with the game’s main story also too, so that we can progress also in our personal stories at the same time.

I agree, it’s MORE than time for us to progress in our personal stories, some polish couldnt hurt as well.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Nightingale.9714

OP, of course its a timesink moneygrab content addition… this is a business not a game to ANET – as such they need to create potential revenue streams. They know many players like to get everything in a heartbeat and likely would if the content was so easily completed.. and by completed I mean you have gotten everything. So ANET have provided those players with that option, but it comes at a cost. For us normal happy go lucky loggers we can grind and play RNG, but with the high numbers of mats etc involved ANET know they have the timesink as their Ace card cos invariably players get bored of repetitive stuff and fall back to the credit card instead. On the flipside they know if they can offer the chance of nice shinnies and some fun along the way they will keep players logging in regardless and in doing open up the opportunity of other random cash shop sales taking place… so its a win, win for them and us.. without hook and bait players would long of grown bored of the games low repeat value and gone elsewhere or stopped spending coin pushing the game closer to the break even/maintenance model like others have done so soon after launch.

I REALLY do understand the need for revenue for anet. Heck I’ve spent more money than I can count on this game through gems and I’ve been happy to do it for the most part. But I also feel that revenue should be earned, and asking us to shelve out tons of real world money just for forge materials in-game is pathetic. If they asked us to give money for things like costumes and weapon skins directly I’m fine with that. However this backwards way of giving us weapon skins that practically REQUIRE the players to transfer gems to cash (and in extreme amounts) to even have the slightest hope of acquiring them is wrong. I dont mind that the game is a business, as long its not so blatantly obvious that you feel like youre being smacked in the face by it.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: theeviltwin.9230

theeviltwin.9230

IF Mad Memoires and Greatsaw don’t come back i know as least three players who are quitting. Thats how bad its got.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I completely agree with most of this thread. That was one of the great things about City of Heroes. Every year they would introduce new things to the event, or expand on old things, but every year everything from the original event was still available. Halloween was insane near the end because there were four or five random events occurring all across the game. If you missed a badge from last year you could pick it up the next year. If you missed the chance for a costume item it would come around again. It was even possible to hold onto a mission that only occurred during the Christmas event and farm it all year round as long as you didn’t complete it.

I am alright with the backpack not coming back, only because it was a timeline specific quest rather than just events. The main character in the quest is currently busy with a different quest line, so it wouldn’t make sense.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I was kind of annoyed that the backpiece storyline didn’t return for the newer players to experience, that quest was so interesting and fun and it’s sad to see it fade into dust. This year’s Halloween feels very rushed.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RustyRhino.9854

RustyRhino.9854

I’ve been playing since release, and it’s been a great time (Although I missed a few living story updates because of school).

Firstly, Anet has stated multiple times (including last halloween) that the skins and stuff won’t be coming back. If Anet wants to release it, it will be available through black lion claim tickets (probably 7 tickets like the molten alliance skins). If you are quitting because of that….Lol.

Secondly I remember last Halloween being a huge grind (carving like 250 pumpkins, eating over 1000 candy corn) to get the achievements, while this Halloween requires probably 2 hours of play to get the first part of the achievements over and done with. Also if you don’t like the grind to make the weapon, why not just buy it from the TP?

Thirdly, they have updated the rewards. Mad Kings clock tower gives an exotic and you choose the type/stats (Last year it gave you an exotic that had fixed stats). Do any of you remember competing against the charr and norn in the jumping puzzle? Well that is fixed now too. In the labyrinth they made the bosses drop champion bags (last year you only got a daily chest). The dungeon and story are completely different from last year (guessing on the dungeon, which is the conclusion to the story). Plus now this year we get completely new skins for our weapons (Rubber sword…..lolz!).

Fourth, why would it make sense for the old story to return? Last year the Mad King hadn’t shown up in over 250 yrs, and no one was sure if he would return. This year is a progression of that story (although I would like a summary of last year’s story so new players can get caught up). So no it doesn’t make sense to give players the rewards that happened with last year’s story.

I really don’t see any basis for complaint here on anything presented so far.

Also on a side note…..go check out the lake in Kessex Hills. More teasers Anet!

(edited by RustyRhino.9854)

Where to draw the line?

in Blood and Madness

Nightingale.9714

I’ve been playing since release, and it’s been a great time (Although I missed a few living story updates because of school).

Firstly, Anet has stated multiple times (including last halloween) that the skins and stuff won’t be coming back. If Anet wants to release it, it will be available through black lion claim tickets (probably 7 tickets like the molten alliance skins). If you are quitting because of that….Lol.

Secondly I remember last Halloween being a huge grind (carving like 250 pumpkins, eating over 1000 candy corn) to get the achievements, while this Halloween requires probably 2 hours of play to get the first part of the achievements over and done with. Also if you don’t like the grind to make the weapon, why not just buy it from the TP?

Thirdly, they have updated the rewards. Mad Kings clock tower gives an exotic and you choose the type/stats (Last year it gave you an exotic that had fixed stats). Do any of you remember competing against the charr and norn in the jumping puzzle? Well that is fixed now too. In the labyrinth they made the bosses drop champion bags (last year you only got a daily chest). The dungeon and story are completely different from last year (guessing on the dungeon, which is the conclusion to the story). Plus now this year we get completely new skins for our weapons (Rubber sword…..lolz!).

Fourth, why would it make sense for the old story to return? Last year the Mad King hadn’t shown up in over 250 yrs, and no one was sure if he would return. This year is a progression of that story (although I would like a summary of last year’s story so new players can get caught up). So no it doesn’t make sense to give players the rewards that happened with last year’s story.

I really don’t see any basis for complaint here on anything presented so far.

Also on a side note…..go check out the lake in Kessex Hills. More teasers Anet!

I dont see why they cant have last year’s story content and this year’s. The npc dialogue would just be different for different players. Theyve brought back content for other areas, they should be able to do it here. At the very least some sort of small mission replay so new players could have a chance at some of the titles and rewards.