Why have Events that can't be completed?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I took a couple of weeks off, came back only to find events running, that can’t be completed. I’m 8 of 13 and can’t complete it.

- No Zergs, can’t complete parts of this Event without a Zerg because Anet still can’t design events that scale to the number of players doing the event.

- Time Achievements, why do this?

If you don’t do an event in the first week or miss a time achievement you can’t finish the events because players move on after the first week. Why design events like this, why?

This event only goes to show the 2-week content is total crap and how poorly designed these events have become!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The events do scale, the 3 bosses just happen to be group events which are designed for 5 or more players. All the other events can be completed solo.

The event has been running for 25 days and counting. It was still being zerged during the final days of the 2 week mark, but due to the next living story being released, most people have moved on.

You can try guesting to a high pop server during primetime or scheduling an event like https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/bam/Labyrinth-zerg-tonight to get it done.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s only 3 achievements. This meta has been out for almost an entire month and the Halloween dailies count. I believe there have been 27 so far which is twice how many that you need.

There’s usually a small percentage of players who wait until the last couple days to do living story achievements. I suggest making a thread asking to gather people who still need those 3 achievements or who are willing to help.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: coppertopper.5620

coppertopper.5620

I had some difficulty as well. What helped, although it was much slower, was the Daily component that referred to Mad King stuff (so that was +1 towards meta each day), and also the closing doors events (need to do 50 which was reFingdiculously grindy), which was a pain in the kitten . So yes I agree if you missed the zerg like I did, not a fast thing to complete. But the Daily component made it possible, and the closing instance after you got the meta was soloable. So possible yes. Fun, not necessarily.

It would have been great to get a candy corn eating component that was repeatable, as the doors were totally up to RNG whether they would spawn a ‘door closing’ event needed for the achievment.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Learn your lesson: Zerg rush content early, because it will be really hard later.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

If you read the forums about last years events people complained that the content was too easy and you could do it without trying and also complained about one off events that only lasted a few hours (which have now been extended for a few days so that people all over the world have a fairer chance instead of waking up at 3am just to do an event that would be gone by 7am).

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The events in the labyrinth do not scale properly.

For example, the lich will summon the same amount of skeletons when there’s 50 people around than when there’s 5. That makes it too easy when there’s 50, and too hard when there’s less.

And events count defeated people for scaling. I there’s 5 guys and 20 lying down in the ground, enemies will get levels and increased stats for 25.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!