achievemnets from last year not returning. :(

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Exactly as the title says. Allot of people who did not play the game at launch were hoping that these would be back. Apparently not. I once again look at the achievement point leader board and wonder if there is even a point to its existence since i and ,many others will never be ranked there because there is no way for us to catch up even if we do all our daily’s every day and go out of our way to earn other achievements. (i have 10,400 achievement points and do all my daily’s every day btw.)

<Unhappy Face>

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Playaone.2640

Playaone.2640

Yup I’m disappointed with that too. I was hoping to get the last year title as I’ve started playing at the very end of Halloween event

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

Really disappointed too. meh

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You’ll never have the chance to appear on the leaderboards because more than 40% are dailies and probably 10-20% are temporary content achievements.

in Blood and Madness

tanf.8917

I don’t care about the points, i just wanted this really cool title. :<

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

It’s more surprising that they didn’t considering a lot of the US East Coast players were unable to play due to Hurricane Sandy last year.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in Blood and Madness

tanf.8917

I really don’t understand why they couldn’t implement the older achievements, they were able to do it in SAB.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Playaone.2640

Playaone.2640

Yeah after I saw SAB achievements back I thought they would make those available too ;/

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

They are in the historical tab, so I think that’s the way they want to keep it. What does it matter when there are new achievements? Stop looking to past at what players that were there from the beginning worked hard for and just work for what is coming up now. Enjoy Halloween >.<

in Blood and Madness

tanf.8917

They are in the historical tab, so I think that’s the way they want to keep it. What does it matter when there are new achievements? Stop looking to past at what players that were there from the beginning worked hard for and just work for what is coming up now. Enjoy Halloween >.<

I wont be surprised if you already have the title, and just don’t want others to have it amright?
When older SAB achievement came back i worked just as hard as the people who done it before me, so i don’t get what you are saying sorry.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Anna Kruse.3941

Anna Kruse.3941

wow its really bs that they are not returning.. i couldnt play last year… was really looking forward to work my kitten off for the achivs… but instead we got a half kitten d achiv lsit this year. pffff tsssss pffff

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Euin.3578

Euin.3578

I didn’t get to do them last year either. And when I finally did get to play I thought “I should take it easy, they’ll just be back next year so I can have more fun!”
Oh how wrong I was.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

…….

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Recurring events they said, not recurring achievements I guess..

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

Exactly!

in Blood and Madness

tanf.8917

Err.. SAB achievement came back

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Err.. SAB achievement came back

What you all are forgetting is for SAB to do the new world you need to complete the previous world

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Aw. I didn’t finish them out of laziness, lowbieness, and wanting-to-do-other-things-ness and thought I might be able to get it next (this) year.

This was long before living story with its systems started. Never could’ve imagined this might happen at that time.

let the sky fall

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I didn’t do much during Halloween last year because I had fun zerging events in Orr so I missed on most achievements so I was hoping to get a few, if not most, this year.

But to my surprise, it came back, but without achievements! Even the Mad Clock does not award any achievement this year. Why couldn’t it give me last year achievement?

I’m really sad and unhappy. I don’t understand the reasoning behind this.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Extremely disappointed here !!

I was waiting just looking at this 1 year for NOTHING to get the master carver title.
Last year I had nearly done it, I was just only like 3 stupid carvings away from the title and then came this kitten BUG which stopped the cavings from being counted all of a sudden which got fixed later, but resulted in MANY PEOPLE gettign their unfinished carving titles RESET TO ZERO!!!
And thats somethign ANet never fixed after until today.

So alot of people missed due to this stupid bug last year the chance on gettign that title as also lost a few achievement points due to the achievement reset to 0 as that title had multiple ranks which gave all a few points …

PLEASE ANET, make a hot fixe and allow for us to work again on the old achievements of last year!!!
I’ve already done all, except that master carver thanks to that sill bug >.< which made me really pi**ed and I’m it until today kinda again, when I see theres no Master Carver NPC and basically the achievement doesn’t get shown for me anymore – AND YET there are silly daily achievements for carving pumpings…

This is ridiculous. Fix this please Anet and that ASAP.

Oh and PS: when you are at it, please also fix this very annyong graphical lighting bug, that occurs all over the game, since the cutthroat politics patch, that if you just move slightly the camera around, that all of the environments change their lightign and become like 75% TRANSPARENT to the point, that you can#t clearly see anythign anymore.

It was the hell in the labyrinth, you can#t run around there, without that every few steps you don’t see anythign anymore due to these transparancy/lighting graphic bugs.

I had never ever these massive graphic problems before that one patch and it starts to become worser and worser. From what I read here so far, it also looks like this is some kind of known issue …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

So basically if you don’t play GW2 from the release date, you can never catch up in contents and achievement points?

How do you expect new players reacting to this?

Personally I am sad not to recommend this game to anyone due to this temp contents and stuff that are gone forever.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Blood and Madness

Orpheal.8263

Exactly that, if you didnt made all the achievements from last year, you can#t do them this year so far…

I’ve truly expected somethign better about that, seeign how Anet made also old SAB achievements doable when they brought the SAB back ..
So why not also too for the holiday events ???

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I agree with you Zylonite. It’s not friendly towards new players. It’s not even a “Living Story”, it’s a recurring festival! And the achievements are not recurring? Way to go… Really sad.

There’s already enough temporary stuff/achievements and currently no way to go back to do them. I hate to say this but : you’ve gone the wrong way with this.

I seriously hope it was a mistake and that an hotfix will enable past achievements.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Once.6390

Once.6390

its fine right now.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m disappointed they didn’t come back too. The only things I wanted to do and didn’t do last year were the Clocktower (it was bugged and I couldn’t even start the puzzle) and getting the upgraded Mad Memories.

But I think it’s unfair that new players and those who couldn’t play last year can’t get the achievements. Especially if the activity required, like pumpkin carving, have come back. There’s really no reason not to let people do it.

(i have 10,400 achievement points and do all my daily’s every day btw.)

If it’s any consolation I’ve been playing since launch and you have twice as many points as I do.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Blood and Madness

tanf.8917

I really don’t like when they do these “one time” thingies where only those who did it the first time can get the all the “prizes”. People need to stop assuming that those who didn’t get it the first time didn’t do it because of laziness etc.
I play since release and did what i could in the previous event with the time that i had on my hands but it wasn’t enough.

I really feel like i’m being punished just because i didn’t had enough time.

(i have 10,400 achievement points and do all my daily’s every day btw.)

Been playing since release too and have only 8500~.

(edited by tanf.8917)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Really disapointed, would it really be so bad to make this years event bigger than last years and put new achis on top of old ones instead of removing old ones?
You post multiple times we should not worry about missing content that it will be returning, what a lie. It’s do it all or miss it forever.
I guess is time to spread the word to any and all potential GW2 players that there is no point starting to play this game now, they missed to much allready and will never catch up.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

Yeah, pretty bummed about this myself. Last year, Sandy struck and took out my power for almost a month. I didn’t get to do a lot of the events unfortunately.

But at least there are new ones to work towards, I guess.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I am expecting a response from Anet on why they decided on this restriction, considering SAB world 1 came back last month. Or expecting a patch to fix it and unlock last year contents for us new players or whoever didn’t finish last year.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Bil.6354

Bil.6354

I am disappointed too, after i missed the master carver due to buggs last year, it was one of the things i planed to do this year (best title for my little thief imo).

And no back items? I have them on two characters, but its a bad move towards new players (or old ones that want them for their other chars).

(Off Topic: Playing since day 1 and 6k aps here)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Very disappointed too. I’m playing only since Flame & Frost, and was hoping to get the achievements points from this Halloween recurent event ! Can’t see any reason why they’re not back this year.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Arenanet stated several times that the achievements will not come back. This is the boon and the curse of a living world. Things passed will never come back in the same way. Do your achievements now. They will not come back 2014.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Last year we moaned about how boring a repetitive those achievements were and how much we hated them. Carve hundreds of pumpkins, open hundreds of trick or treat bags, kill hundreds of monsters.

It seems they listened.

Although saying that, as the achievements were pretty much just stats anyway, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to re-open them.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Last year we moaned about how boring a repetitive those achievements were and how much we hated them. Carve hundreds of pumpkins, open hundreds of trick or treat bags, kill hundreds of monsters.

I can’t say I’m sad to see the back of those achievements, either, to be honest. But . . . while I’m glad they’re taking this on board for new content (sorta . . .) it’s a bit crappy to bring back a lot of the same content (carving pumpkins for example) and not just reactivate some of the previously available achievements related to them. Grindy achievements are easier to stomach when you know you’ll get the chance to work on them again – kinda like how the X Killer achievements don’t bother me because I can work on them while playing other content, and over a long period of time if need be.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And if they did return people would complain about how they just recycle content and that doing them is pointless because they will just keep coming back.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

And if they did return people would complain about how they just recycle content and that doing them is pointless because they will just keep coming back.

I’d agree, but if it came back with NEW content, as we’ve seen right now, then I can’t imagine complaining about it. Why? It’s more content to do. I love content, especially if there is a lot of it for me to work on.

I think there could have been a healthy medium here. Bring back the old, bring in the new = everyone’s a happy trick or treater!

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The main issue is that many of last years achievements were tied to that story and finding out more about the Mad King.
They wouldn’t really work that well this year, when those things are no longer happening.

Also people did complain like mad last year about how they were “forced to grind” in order to get all the achievements and how much they sucked.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

I understand why they wouldn’t make the Emissary of the Mad King achievements available again, so that those who got it last year had something unique to show off, but I’m surprised they didn’t bring back the Master Carver achievement. I personally got both last year, so I’m not affected, but I’m still a bit surprised.

in Blood and Madness

Orpheal.8263

The main issue is that many of last years achievements were tied to that story and finding out more about the Mad King.
They wouldn’t really work that well this year, when those things are no longer happening.

Also people did complain like mad last year about how they were “forced to grind” in order to get all the achievements and how much they sucked.

Seriously, this is nonsense.

master Carver had absolutely ZERO lore aspects,, it was just a title for making many scary faces into silly pumpkins!!! Same as using hundreds of trick and treat bags >.>
or makign the Clocktower JP, everythign had absolutely nothing of a lioving story.
The firsts months of the game after release there existed NO living story…
living story officially started fist with the Flame & Frost stuff, so get your facts straight!!

Whats so stupidly wished too much for it to be able to carve this year and in future still too the required 150 pumpkins for the master carver title ??
Would it hurt anyone, if people can work on those achievements also later ? HELL NO !!

Would it hurt somebody, if new players and thsoe that had no chance to ean themself the Mad meroy back item, that they can earn themself these this year or in future upcoming halloweens?? HELL NO, because its just a fashion reward, something that players just wil use to transmutate its skin over to an better statted item..

God, this specific kind of attitude of certain people really makes me “mad”

Mad King Thorn will come this year again for a special achievement, that will be only receiveable, when he come,s so whats the big deal for it to let peopel gain also the emissary achievement together with that when Mad King Thorn makes up for his appearance on that special day???
These people would then just hit 2 birds with one stone on that day and everyone would be happy.

Why the hell must people always make themself so many things so much more complicated, than needed >.>

in Blood and Madness

Singer.8740

its nice to see that there are allot of people that feel the same way i do. now i can understand the stuff with skins not coming back as these are a way for people to show off, but not bringing the achievements back is really wierd. they had no effect lore wise and in fact its negatively effecting the lore with the pumpkin carving because Tyria did not suddenly have a bout of amnesia and forget how to carve pumpkins and monsters have not suddenly stopped spawning from doors, and the clock tower is still there. Why they could not bring these back is and will probably remain an enigma to us unless a dev comes on here and says something, but honestly i am not counting my candy corn on that one.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Blood and Madness

Singer.8740

just linking this post for relevance as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/bam/Utterly-utterly-baffled/first#post3031397

As it is also talking about how Anet should have included the old stuff with the new stuff.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

Can we get an official response why this is the case?
I am curious though. Doesn’t make any sense. SAB achievements have returned without any issues, and large vast of players were happy with the fact they got a chance to catch up. Why go different route with this Living Story update? I am really not the one to bash or complain, but this really does not seem like a logical thing or like it has some understandable reasoning behind it.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

in Blood and Madness

Singer.8740

Just remembered but you would have thought this game would have an in game calender like any other mmo in existence huh :/

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As someone who fully completed the Shadow of Mad King meta-event last year, I’m also disappointed that achievements for the Clocktower, Pumpkin Carving etc. haven’t come back. Not that I expected to be able to do them again, but I would like newer players who didn’t get the chance last year to have the opportunity to get them again. I really don’t like having this gulf between older and newer players where newer players can never catch up; it tends to foster resentment and division rather than a feeling of “specialness”.

I’d like to give ANet the benefit of the doubt and presume that they couldn’t bring back part of the Shadow of the Mad King achievements without essentially repeating the achievements (and thus allowing veteran players like myself to earn points for Clocktower etc. again, which might bring up a new set of complaints), but I’m really not sure anymore. :/

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: shadowzombie.7306

shadowzombie.7306

Add another person to the list who is sad about this. Being one of the many who couldn’t complete last years achievements because Sandy took my power out I was hopeful that I would get another chance this year. So here’s my thought on all of this:

1)People saying “living world” doesn’t come back – well last time I checked Halloween comes around every year. So not really “living world”

2)I can see not bringing back the Mad Memories part because that would break the lore to have it back again. But I don’t see why Anet couldn’t reactivate all of the other achieves seeing as the reqs to get them are still present.

I assume they have their reasons…

-SZ

Shadowzombie|Kaineng

(edited by shadowzombie.7306)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: posidenii.8279

posidenii.8279

very very disappointed. I was looking forward to this since SAB

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: camouflage.4891

camouflage.4891

I started playing GW2 somewhat in April, during the last weeks of Flame & Frost. I’m fine with not being able to get those thousands of AP for dailies/monthlies that I missed. It’s understanble and it’s OK. But some of the returning stuff should definitely reactivate achievements tied to it. Completed the clocktower for the first time yesterday, why no achie? Was no problem with SAB to give new players the chance to redo old stuff, why not here. Makes no sense. None.

You know ANet, that you are basically showing a big middle finger to new players with this, right? Not sure if this is the right move. People care alot more about achies since you added rewards for them (aside that most just consider achies fun).

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

I think Lore wise, some achievements are fine being gone, however, I too am disappointed that certain acheivements have been removed (that have the doable content this year round)

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So basically if you don’t play GW2 from the release date, you can never catch up in contents and achievement points?

GW1 had exclusive items that could only be obtained during specific events. I missed out on what I thought were the “coolest” ones. And I’m fine with that. I like the idea that some things can only be obtained by those that were lucky enough to be present.

In fact, I would prefer that GW2 had more special items and titles that were time-dependent and more that were skill dependent. If anyone can get any title whenever or through sufficient grind or coin, the titles aren’t special or meaningful.

GW2 has a balance: you can get mini collector by spending coin, you can get SAB titles by grinding (at least for things like baubles), the mini-Liadri is only available to players with certain skills, and a small number of event-related titles are one-offs.

I like the idea that in five years (assuming the game is still around), I’ll be able to recognize people who were around for the first Halloween by their title. And I know that there will be titles/minis/etc that I will miss out on. Not because I don’t deserve the opportunity, but because I just won’t be around for them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

GW1 had exclusive items that could only be obtained during specific events. I missed out on what I thought were the “coolest” ones. And I’m fine with that. I like the idea that some things can only be obtained by those that were lucky enough to be present.

In fact, I would prefer that GW2 had more special items and titles that were time-dependent and more that were skill dependent. If anyone can get any title whenever or through sufficient grind or coin, the titles aren’t special or meaningful.

GW2 has a balance: you can get mini collector by spending coin, you can get SAB titles by grinding (at least for things like baubles), the mini-Liadri is only available to players with certain skills, and a small number of event-related titles are one-offs.

I like the idea that in five years (assuming the game is still around), I’ll be able to recognize people who were around for the first Halloween by their title. And I know that there will be titles/minis/etc that I will miss out on. Not because I don’t deserve the opportunity, but because I just won’t be around for them.

What about those that wanted to be there, but couldnt? They deserve to have other options. And personally, looking at people years from now who have things I never had the opportunity to get would just make me sad and resentful. There are ways of preserving the uniqueness and fun of items without limiting what people can get them.