in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Has anyone seen one yet?

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Go to the Labyrinth, there are plenty of them.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

As far as I am able to tell the actual mining nodes are only inside the labyrinth this year.

So no open world mining of candy corn.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Onshidesigns.1069

Go to the Labyrinth, there are plenty of them.

Last year they were everywhere in the open world, except Orr.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Onshidesigns.1069

As far as I am able to tell the actual mining nodes are only inside the labyrinth this year.

So no open world mining of candy corn.

This would be a stupid move be Anet. Making all their other zones dead for three weeks.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Anet make a stupid move? Noooo.

The real kicker is crazy expensive candy corn bought items in an event with all the nodes removed. lol

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LordKangus.1902

LordKangus.1902

There don’t seem to be as many, but I did run across a Candy Corn node in Metrica Province…. but that’s the only one I’ve noticed outside the labyrinth so far.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Onshidesigns.1069

Hopefully it’s just a glitch and Anet will fix it.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

I got 2. one in orr, one in timber. They are out there, just a lot less.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Onshidesigns.1069

I got 2. one in orr, one in timber. They are out there, just a lot less.

It doesn’t feel like Halloween with 99% of them removed.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Why are there none in WvW? They were all over last year. You tell people that you want rewards to be comparable – but – hey if you want that nice 20 slot bag – go PVE for a while!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

You know what… if this event evolves like last year, the nodes may be something that gets slowly added as the story unfolds. That would be interesting

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Magister Tassi, via Golem Assistant

“How interesting. I’m seeing a marked descrease in the candy corn deposits in the world. I wonder if the Bloody Prince is involved.”

So, there is at least a storyline reason for it, in that the Bloody Prince despises candy corn and seems to be interfering with the Mad King’s ability to stock the world with it. No way to know if that’s a sign that it will change once the Princes is defeated or not, though.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

I found a corn node in Queensdale over by the Apple farm. Doesnt seem to be many about. My first Halloween though so I dont know how it compares to previous year.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aeriel.2541

Aeriel.2541

I ran across 1 in a cave in Harathi Hinderlands, in a cave with some Oozes nearby.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Onshidesigns.1069

I found a corn node in Queensdale over by the Apple farm. Doesnt seem to be many about. My first Halloween though so I dont know how it compares to previous year.

They was as common as copper nodes.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

It is idiotic how rare candy corn nodes are this year given how many we need for the items. lets just work this out, 20 cobs for the bloody prince. 20,000 candycorn pieces! That’s 80 STACKS of the frikking things. Who has time to farm that much candy corn? You’d need at least 2-3 STACKS of it per day, and that’s assuming this event lasts a full month!

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah. It’s why I’m undecided on whether that’s a good or bad thing. :/ On the one hand I prefer not to see candy corn nodes just littering the landscape, but on the other hand, with prices for Halloween items so crazily high this year, we really need loads of candy corn sources in order to keep prices to a reasonable level.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Onshidesigns.1069

I wanted to see the halloween theme expanded into more cities and town (Not to the extent of LA). But instead we see LESS content!

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

I have found a total of 2 open world nodes for candy corn.

Last year it seems to me that the candy corn nodes had a different icon, but this time they still have the same icon as ores. You have to actually go to the node to find out, but I found a couple around the bandit cave in the south west corner of Queensdale, but no where else yet.

Considering there is a need of 100k candy corn for the skins, this has been an atrocious balance of gatherable/door events.

Piken Square

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

So they made it that we need an absurd amount of candy corn to trade for the items and reduced the number of candy corn node at the same time? Thats is so aggravating!

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Man, I was thinking they didn’t even exist outside of the Labyrinth this year. That’s not good.

The obstacle is the path.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Goobers.8509

Goobers.8509

Does quantity change with a higher quality pick axe? Or does quantity change with more magic find? I’m only level 40, but I get about 10 candy corn per jumping puzzle run. And about 5-6 per node in the labyrinth. I’ve played quite a bit today, and I’ve only acquired around 200. No way am I hitting that crazy amount required for the 20 slot bag. It is just a game though, and I in no way think I deserve it. No gripe hear just looking for more efficiency in my candy corn farming. Any tips?

(edited by Goobers.8509)

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Hopefully it’s just a glitch and Anet will fix it.

A glitch that will be fixed 2-3 weeks in to the event, making it mathematically impossible to complete by then?

Oh who are we kidding here, it’s already mathematically impossible to complete this year!

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: meltar.4581

meltar.4581

I found 2 candy corn nodes in the obsidian sanctum jumping puzzle today.

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

magicweaver.2695

So they made it that we need an absurd amount of candy corn to trade for the items and reduced the number of candy corn node at the same time? Thats is so aggravating!

In short, yes. Some are speculating once you deal with the bloody prince more will appear, but I haven’t gotten to that point to confirm or deny it.

Piken Square

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

magicweaver.2695

Does quantity change with a higher quality pick axe? Or does quantity change with more magic find? I’m only level 40, but I get about 10 candy corn per jumping puzzle run. And about 5-6 per node in the labyrinth. I’ve played quite a bit today, and I’ve only acquired around 200. No way am I hitting that crazy amount required for the 20 slot bag. It is just a game though, and I in know way think I deserve it. No gripe hear just looking for more efficiency in my candy corn farming. Any tips?

Higher level picks will increase your chances at higher drops per mine attempt. (I usually get 5-6 per 3 strike mine attempt using orichalchum picks)
Higher Magic find seems to increase your chances of getting to mine more than once per ore without it being “rich” (purely from my comparison with a fellow player who has lower MF than me)

MF description reads like it is going to affect the chest drops, but I have not seen that it in any way affects the trick or treat bags.

I have +56% MF through the essences from scavenging and acheivements. I don’t use MF boosts or food.

Piken Square

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There are nodes in open world…..you just don’t find 3 on every view of the mini-map like last year.

They obviously wanted to decrease the available stock of this resource and this is one of the ways to do it.

On the other hand the number of nodes in the Labyrinth does seem a bit excessive….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I saw a candy corn node in the war camp near Fort Salma.
So they are in open world.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

candy corn nodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/bam/candy-cane-nodes/first#post3038288
never knew about this post until today was asking about it myself on october 16th day after the opening of mad king