confused

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

So i know i’m new to the game (2months) but was i the only one confused on what to do?

I start out in the black citadel. I fight the Bloody Prince. I then leave that room and the guy tells me to go find him a candy corn elemental. It then tells me nothing else. I sat there trying to find out if i had to do anything at the blackcitadel but i eventually just went to Queensdale and started farming in the ghost doors.

I find the lack of direction disturbing. Why do i have to leave the game to go read up on the event on some 3rd party site. Just give me a bit more direction. I guess it’s just me and most MMO people know they have to do research before playing.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

You should complete meta achievment (13/13) and then you can start story achievs.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Every LS event to date:

Read the letter, do the ONE thing it tells you about.
Try to follow the one hint you get at the end of that first thing.
Look at all the achievements and use their descriptions as a guide to figure out what to do.
Go online and find a real guide. Now grind out those achievements.

Really at this point, they may as well hire dulfy and add the website into the game somehow. I almost expect that site has more views that guildwars2.com. For obvious, sad, reasons.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

confused

in Blood and Madness

Monkey Fritz.9052

This is an excuse. Not a solution.
“We posted a guide online, why do we need to tell you anything in the actual game?”

There is also a reason why people go to dulfy and not the “official” guide.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

You now have a bit of a grind. You need to complete 13/13 events to get to the next stage because that is the only way you will get the candy corn. I agree with your frustration. What seems like ANet thinks is a “discovery” process is completely a mess of dead ends.

They don’t provide enough content to guide you, the provide half truths to their statements about details.

Truly I wish you good luck on the journey, as for me personally, I had given the game a miss starting around Jan/Feb of this year, came back a little excited about this event, but it has been lackluster enough, I am a just a hairline crack away from ditching this game, possibly permanently because the poor design team work and obvious money sink.

Piken Square

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Lack of direction?
I haven’t checked any guide but I found it quite clear what I was suppose to do after the first instance.

It probably has to do with paying attention to stuff I suppose.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MissKittin.1657

MissKittin.1657

Mmmm… It’s hardly unreasonable to expect to have some information actually in game is it? I’m NOT new, and the fact I have to find out what to do from the internet drives me absolutely potty!

Overall, I like this game…
But I’m concerned about where it seems to be heading!
Distinctly less shiny than it once was

confused

in Blood and Madness

Atlas.9704

Ah yes, so they can quickly crank out stuff in five minutes then complain for the next couple of weeks how there isn’t a thing to do.

Listen this event wasn’t too hard to figure out, just kill things and get candy corn.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

confused

in Blood and Madness

Monkey Fritz.9052

Ah yes, so they can quickly crank out stuff in five minutes then complain for the next couple of weeks how there isn’t a thing to do.

Listen this event wasn’t too hard to figure out, just kill things and get candy corn.

As opposed to the “official” guide which tells you everything short of how to dress yourself in the morning?
Many 3rd party sites offer non-spoiler guides that just give people an order to do things in.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

Just for example, how about the fact it says the open world doors tick toward the shut the door achievement, but they actually don’t. All any of them do is lead to the M.K.R. Or the fact that you have to actually run in a zerg in the labyrinth to get this. That wasn’t in the guide.

ANet has a habit of not giving useful information but skirting around the needed information pretending to be helpful. People use dulfy and other sites because of this, and it should be a clue to ANet that there is something lacking to their information dissemination.

Piken Square

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They very much count.
And if you read the actual achievement it says EVENTS quite clearly.
Not all doors have events, thus not all door counts since you don’t complete door events.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Just for example, how about the fact it says the open world doors tick toward the shut the door achievement, but they actually don’t. All any of them do is lead to the M.K.R. Or the fact that you have to actually run in a zerg in the labyrinth to get this. That wasn’t in the guide.

ANet has a habit of not giving useful information but skirting around the needed information pretending to be helpful. People use dulfy and other sites because of this, and it should be a clue to ANet that there is something lacking to their information dissemination.

They do count. You’ve got to use doors that haven’t already been used. THat said, the doors are more plentiful at the labyrinth.

You don’t need to zerg in the labyrinth the finish doors. I finish them just fine solo if I hit a low pop overflow (or when I’m just avoiding the zerg) They only scale to ridiculous when there are a ridiculous nubmer of people around.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

confused

in Blood and Madness

Atlas.9704

As opposed to the “official” guide which tells you everything short of how to dress yourself in the morning?
Many 3rd party sites offer non-spoiler guides that just give people an order to do things in.

I’ve seen more hand holding in the Dulfy guides than the GW2.
Dulfy showed me where each dragon tooth was for Teq’s revamp. I didn’t see locations for each one listed in the official guide.

If anything when I get stuck on where exactly I need to find something I go to dulfy (half the time I don’t care about spoilers anyway at that stage), but if I just want the general gist that there’s stuff to do I read GW2’s notes.

Still to the OP, there are plenty of guides online that can help and also it never hurts to ask in game. The achievement descriptions didn’t confuse me, but then again your mileage may vary.

(edited by Atlas.9704)

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How about you petition for Anet to give players something like the pointy hands of infantile mode in SAB for people who cannot figure out what to do. Or an inventory item that tells you to go here, kill this, pick up this, and whatever. Or go to the extreme and add a button to get all achievements.

It’s not difficult to read the dialogue, read the mail, talk to NPC’s, etc ect.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Atlas.9704

How about you petition for Anet to give players something like the pointy hands of infantile mode in SAB for people who cannot figure out what to do. It’s not difficult to read the dialogue, read the mail, talk to NPC’s, etc ect.

Most of the time I wonder if people just want everything highlighted so they don’t have to actually look at things.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

How about you petition for Anet to give players something like the pointy hands of infantile mode in SAB for people who cannot figure out what to do. Or an inventory item that tells you to go here, kill this, pick up this, and whatever. Or go to the extreme and add a button to get all achievements.

Between the heralds and Tassi’s robotic assistant… we are pretty much here already; And people still complain ^^’
So best thing now would be to replace the player by a bot that do the content in his stead.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Ayrilana.1396

Pretty much. This happens for just about every living story. I just looked at the patch notes again and they clearly state you can’t finish the second part of the living story until you complete the meta.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Don’t know if anyone has pointed it out, but Tessi says to take one of the golem communicators, so she can update you that way. Once you are out of the initial instance, if you talk to the golem, it tells you to go do the halloween stuff. Of course…. so do the emails.

No guide needed…unless you want it of course

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

" Once you have completed the A Sweet Friend meta achievement, you’ll be rewarded with a Mini Candy-Corn Elemental. This living candy corn is exactly what Tassi needs to complete her plan! Return to the Nolani Academy Ruins in the Black Citadel to finish out the story arc. This is a repeatable multiplayer instance which requires at least one player to have finished the meta achievement. Get ready to glaze!"

From: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-blood-and-madness/

This should be in the game, not on the web site.

confused

in Blood and Madness

deadatspawn.6045

i was confused at the start. I left the instance and talked to the communicator. The communicator didn’t really tell me anything. I think i might have clicked on the same email that i did that took me there because when i hit show me it took me back to the black citadel.

Being new i did not realize that to follow the story you go by achievements. I thought there was more to do in the black citadel since this is where the instance started.

He then tells me to get a candy corn elemental. Well i have killed plenty of those.

I’m not saying hold my hand. I’ll know for next time that the Living Story is just achievements.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Doesn’t Tassi flat-out tell you “Now you need to go to the labyrinth and do other Halloween-related tasks to earn a Candy Corn Elemental we can use” (or something to that effect?). I seem to remember hearing something like that either during the instance, or after the instance when talking to the Golem Assistant.

The only confusing part is that it never really tells you HOW to get to the Labyrinth. It doesn’t tell you what zones the doors are in or even that you need to find the doors at all. That could have certainly been explained a little better.

confused

in Blood and Madness

deadatspawn.6045

You are right. I believe it says go to the Labyrinth. I might have missed that part. BUT what threw me off was the email you get from him. It has a SHOW ME BUTTON.

I click it and it gives me the WP of the Black Citadel. That is where my confusion was. I thought i had to do something in the Black Citadel…..

confused

in Blood and Madness

Ayrilana.1396

You do. You go there to start the living story.

Most of the past living stories have revolved around receiving in-game mail that starts you off. You then follow what the dialogue says. There were also the heralds that were added to give hints in case players got stuck.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

confused

in Blood and Madness

deadatspawn.6045

No, it is the 2nd Email after you start the LS.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Ayrilana.1396

No, it is the 2nd Email after you start the LS.

I’ll have to re-read it since I don’t see it posted up on the wiki yet.

confused

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ur right, the ‘Show Me’ button, after you complete the instance should point you to LA or at least Kryta, but it does not. That is an issue. However I believe in either the mail, or the LS npc says you can access the Labyrinth via the doors that spawn, and you can find those doors in Kryta (it actually lists the maps). The text is there, unless they removed it between when I logged out last night (930pm ish eastern) and now.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.