gargoyle ranger pet

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

unless theres some lore reason against it; id love to see this happen… please?

edit
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gargoyle

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Pretty sure the gargoyles are like gone.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Pretty sure the gargoyles are like gone.

they were in the labyrinth last year (though changed to griffon/rock dog reskins)

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I just want a griffon, since launch…

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Maybe not gargoyle, since they’re supposed to be gone (like many things are supposed to happen in GW2, though we just see random stuff of LS all the time). Bat pets, however…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

There is a lore reason against it: gargoyles are presumed to be extinct.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

So were Black Moas and Rainbow Phoenixes.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Sourfang would be a good pet too.

Attachments:

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

You and me both

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

But they aren’t extinct. I fought plenty of them last year.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

ugh…
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gargoyle

… i mean… id love to see tamable versions in the labyrinth

Sourfang would be a good pet too.

alpha rockdog pets would be awesome too

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’d rather have a Gargoyle like the one on the tip of that Scythe staff.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

No they weren’t. Black Moas were originally presumed a myth, but proven real (though “native” to the Echovald – in that one had to bring a moa to the Echovald for the dark nature of the petrified forest to twist it).

Rainbow Phoenixes were just extremely rare and legendary… in lore. Never presumed extinct AFAIK.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Andele.1306

No they weren’t. Black Moas were originally presumed a myth, but proven real (though “native” to the Echovald – in that one had to bring a moa to the Echovald for the dark nature of the petrified forest to twist it).

Rainbow Phoenixes were just extremely rare and legendary… in lore. Never presumed extinct AFAIK.

“Extremely rare” is the definition of a species being at the point of extinction, just how black moas were extinct everywhere but in Echovald (aka they are currently at extinct in GW2 by all known records), Gargoyles are extinct on Tyria right now (we know that they are in the Underworld so they aint eradicated from histoy, so just as the other 2 examples they fall under the Lazarus taxon of extinction) and just how black softshell turtles and the syllwhatever-their-tongue-twist-name giant tortoises are in the wilderness of the planet Earth.
Seriously when will the common stop being the least used of all senses?

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

The difference is that the Black Moas were a magically-formed evolution, and when they were “extremely rare” they were a brand new species.

Rainbow Phoenixes… Honestly we get no lore on them other than “Even though it’s big, the rainbow phoenix is easily spooked by groups. It was long thought to be imaginary; people who glimpsed its fleeing form would mistake its ethereal beauty for a trick of the light or a mirage.” By sounds of it, it wasn’t “rare in population” but “rare in finding” – very large difference there too.

But point is – Black Moas were never “extinct” or even “near extinct” – they were a “new species.”

Gargoyles just… vanished. They no longer exist except within the Mists – a place where literally anything and everything can come into being (so wipe something out? Well it can show back up in the Mists at any point in time even before it existed on the world – you cannot really call anything “permanently extinct” when the Mists is there.). That’s a huge difference.

Side tangent: Common sense can be argued to not exist, as “common sense” comes from the notion of “what everyone knows” which given how diverse the world’s population and their knowledge is.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I really miss the Old WoW pets. For a game like Guildwars 2 which is heavy into cosmetic looks and additions for characters they completely ignore hunter pets. That was 1 of my biggest joys playing as a hunter in WoW was finding that super rare pet figuring out the challenging method to tame it and then having it out for bragging rights.
We felt special having a 1 of a kind pet with that could only be seen with a hunter and never a common sight in the wild

#ELEtism

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I feel there isn’t enough information to actually discuss black moas and rainbow pheonixs. As for gargoyles, as far as I’m concerned those are not gargoyles and someone called them that as a joke and it stuck, they are not gargoyles, they are reskinned gryphons and rock dogs. Gargoyles vanished for some reason and I hope to one day learn why.
Now, if you want tamable rock dogs and gryphons, that’s cool, they’re neat pets, but they seem to be ogre and centaur specific so I can’t imagine that changing.

Oh and the rainbow pheonix, they really never say it’s rare, just that you’ll never see it unless your by yourself, I mean I’ve never seen a coyote, they’re really common where I have lived for the past 11 years, and were also common where I had lived prior. Still have never seen one. That doesn’t mean it’s rare per se, but over all I do think it’s a pointless arguement

(edited by A Massive Headache.1879)

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Extinct is gone. No more. Zilch. Endangered is “extremely rare.” They’re honestly closer to the definition of cryptids (they just happen to be real in-game) than anything resembling “extinct,” but even “endangered” is closer but not entirely accurate.

While Zhaitan’s undead status is debatable (I seem to recall Konig believes he isn’t, I’m more inclined to think he might be but could go either way, hoping for evidence in either direction) I definitely wouldn’t call him a Risen. It’d be like calling Jormag an Icebrood. Risen very strongly implies being an extention of or creation of Zhaitan himself.

Anyway, what I want is raptor ranger pets, and so does my wife. I’ve wanted them since GW1..

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

Black Moas were not originally on Tyria. Moas (now called Crimson Moas) were. The Black Moa species was made because some merchants/noblemen had a moa and lost it within the Echovald Forest, said forest’s magic twsited it into the Black Moa – making it more aggressive and larger.

I cannot tell what your argument with Phoenixes is. Standard Phoenixes weren’t even native to continental Tyria, bred solely within Raisu Palace (per the lore of it) so those could have been considered an endangered species easily. Rainbow Phoenixes – a completely different breed – was simply said to almost never be seen thus making them extremely rare.

You can read the sources":http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zho%27s_Journal

I won’t argue the case of Zhaitan because let’s face it – there’s really nothing beyond its appearance that we can use to argue left or right. And it’s not like you must be undead to raise undead – see necromancers – (plus, Risen aren’t typical undead anyways).

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Moderator)

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Wow, such an aggressive conversation that is not even on the topic, which is new ranger pet skins…

As per Zhaitan, risen are his minions, this doesn’t make him a risen. It would be like saying a necromancer is undead (when they are very much alive) or an elementalist is made of whatever element they raise into an elemental minion, which is absurd. Now, whether or not he is, is something that could be debated til everyone is blue in the face and we’ve gotten nowhere, but as to the “he raises them thus he is one of them” arguement, it just doesn’t work.

As to the topic on hand, I have no rangers atm, although it’ll be the next profession I get after I finish out my current 5 (guardian, thief, and elementalist remaining), so I really do not know what the situation on pets is.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Andele.1306

Wow, such an aggressive conversation that is not even on the topic, which is new ranger pet skins…

As per Zhaitan, risen are his minions, this doesn’t make him a risen. It would be like saying a necromancer is undead (when they are very much alive) or an elementalist is made of whatever element they raise into an elemental minion, which is absurd. Now, whether or not he is, is something that could be debated til everyone is blue in the face and we’ve gotten nowhere, but as to the “he raises them thus he is one of them” arguement, it just doesn’t work.

As to the topic on hand, I have no rangers atm, although it’ll be the next profession I get after I finish out my current 5 (guardian, thief, and elementalist remaining), so I really do not know what the situation on pets is.

All player necromancers that got all their elites in GW2 are undead, Lich form yo.
(For Zhai – http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/formatted/152012/9fa389d1-c245-4216-a6cc-44b2d0443c1c.JPG)

For Bmoa and Rphoenix you really have to be stupid not to understand the concepts of evolution and what the Lazarus tax is on extinct animals (also no extinction means that we/a dominant and sentient pecies has no known record of a life form being… well alive anywhere anymore, not that they are deleted from existence and record).
By the way a species (that used to be “extinct” before they got discovered again) being bred and found nowhere else is something i gave you examples of above and is one of the prime things that state the rare status of it.

For a last comment before i send a few reports, if you read but dont understand whats written (or develop weird headcanon about it that makes no sense in any way), you might not wanna use what you read as a weapon since it tends to backfire.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

A Massive Headache.1879

All player necromancers that got all their elites in GW2 are undead, Lich form yo.
(For Zhai – http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/formatted/152012/9fa389d1-c245-4216-a6cc-44b2d0443c1c.JPG)

For Bmoa and Rphoenix you really have to be stupid not to understand the concepts of evolution and what the Lazarus tax is on extinct animals (also no extinction means that we/a dominant and sentient pecies has no known record of a life form being… well alive anywhere anymore, not that they are deleted from existence and record).
By the way a species (that used to be “extinct” before they got discovered again) being bred and found nowhere else is something i gave you examples of above and is one of the prime things that state the rare status of it.

For a last comment before i send a few reports, if you read but dont understand whats written (or develop weird headcanon about it that makes no sense in any way), you might not wanna use what you read as a weapon since it tends to backfire.

Prove they’re endangered. As for the gargoyles, I’ll say again, those are not gargoyles. And what Konig said is true, the mists can create or recreate anything.

Also that link said clearly zhaitan is a dragon made of dragons with no hint or trace to him being undead.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

That image is about the concept art of Zhaitan – not the actual in-game lore. But all it says is “Zhaitan is a dragon made of dragons” not “Zhaitan is undead/a risen”.

And your argument on player necromancers is absolutely ludicrous.

I very well understand the concept of extinction. My point is that the Black Moa and Rainbow Phoenix were never claimed to be either endangered or extinct. One was a new species, the other was merely rarely seen. Which is something you continuously deny despite the fact I provide sources and you provide none.

I highly suggest for you to step back and take a deep breath. You’re the only one being hostile here, and if you really did/will report, it’ll just bite you in the kitten if there’s even action done.

As for understanding what’s written – I can say the same for you. Until you provide sources – actual sources that state the Black Moa/Rainbow Phoenix was extinct/thought extinct, rather than just claiming it so – to counter my sources that back myself up, then the only one here who’s using “headcanon,” as you put it, is you. And thus far, what I’ve read has not backfired on me.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

As for the gargoyles, I’ll say again, those are not gargoyles. And what Konig said is true, the mists can create or recreate anything.

they could be gargoyles.. WP made a passing comment (speculation i must emphasise) about how they would hopefully add an explanation as to why/what (passing comment being something along the lines of ‘edrick wanted a birthday present, so we got him gargoyles’… imo the gw2 gargoyles look a bit like theyve been melted down and reformed -are gw2 gargoyles actual stone?)

maybe i shouldve added quotes to prevent confusion… i dont want the old gargoyles as pets; i want the new versions (even if they were named flippantly)… specifically the rockdog reskin (rockdog pets would be great too… but that reskin is so kitten amazing)

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

What the GW2 gargoyles are is truly debatable… but I’m doubting that they’re the same as the GW1 gargoyles. They not only appear much more different (no longer bipedal, no on fire), but honestly their appearances – especially the reskinned rockdog appearance – makes me think “Destroyer” rather than “creature of stone that likes to climb things.”

Dear ANet writers,

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Bigtony.5089

Bigtony.5089

I want a raptor . Love the raptors

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

A Massive Headache.1879

What the GW2 gargoyles are is truly debatable… but I’m doubting that they’re the same as the GW1 gargoyles. They not only appear much more different (no longer bipedal, no on fire), but honestly their appearances – especially the reskinned rockdog appearance – makes me think “Destroyer” rather than “creature of stone that likes to climb things.”

Actually yeah, they do sort of have a destroyer quality to them.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

you know what i miss seeing from gw1? the hydra.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I think if I could get a branded griffon as a pet, I might switch to playing my ranger full time. Unfortunately, that’s very unlikely lore-wise.

Oh well. Here’s hoping for some awesome new pets for the Ranger community.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Prove they’re endangered. As for the gargoyles, I’ll say again, those are not gargoyles. And what Konig said is true, the mists can create or recreate anything.

Also that link said clearly zhaitan is a dragon made of dragons with no hint or trace to him being undead.

Why aren’t they Gargoyles? because they don’t look the same? By that logic there are no Krait, or Oakhearts, or Gryphons, or Giants, or Jotun anymore too right?

And the Gargoyles aren’t “Extinct” we see them ALL OVER the Mad Kings Realm, not to mention they could all be on the kittening floating castle of mysteries for all we know, or in Cantha, or Elona, or Maguuma or anywhere we haven’t been to since GW1 or ever before.

All we know is that the Gargoyles Mysteriously vanished, and it seems to be all at once too, an entire species doesn’t just evaporate into thin air, i guarantee they used either some sort of magic to hide themselves/ teleport, or were summoned enmasse to somewhere.

@OP: I would love to be able to tame either form of the Gargoyle (or better yet both) on my ranger!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Konig Des Todes.2086

Why aren’t they Gargoyles? because they don’t look the same? By that logic there are no Krait, or Oakhearts, or Gryphons, or Giants, or Jotun anymore too right?

Giants are technically different between the two games (most gw1 giants appear more like gw2 ogres) for all we know.

The rest at least somewhat resemble their gw1 counterparts. The gargoyles aren’t even close to resembling their tinned humanoid bipedal gw1 counterparts.

And the Gargoyles aren’t “Extinct” we see them ALL OVER the Mad Kings Realm, not to mention they could all be on the kittening floating castle of mysteries for all we know, or in Cantha, or Elona, or Maguuma or anywhere we haven’t been to since GW1 or ever before.

I am highly doubtful they migrated to another continent much less across the Unending Ocean or across the largest mountain range overnight. Technically speaking, to all our knowledge indications say they are extinct… in Tyria (world).

All we know is that the Gargoyles Mysteriously vanished, and it seems to be all at once too, an entire species doesn’t just evaporate into thin air, i guarantee they used either some sort of magic to hide themselves/ teleport, or were summoned enmasse to somewhere.

Can go either way, really. Maybe they just all went underground or performed a mass species wide suicide.

Dear ANet writers,

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I wouldn’t be surprised if they all finally drank their Koolaid, you see their caves in GW1? kittening candles EVERYWHERE, there’s no way they weren’t a bunch of cultists lol!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The funny thing about the word extinct… both here in the real world and in Tyria, we use it as shorthand for believed to be extinct. And while its far more common in fantasy settings than here, sometimes what people believe is proved wrong when it comes to extinction…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Btw as you maybe don’t know – Gargoyles and Mergoyles are both inelligent species of spellcasters in Tyria. They don’t fly, they look like made of stone. I can’t really say what were the things in MK ealm last year, but not real Gw lore gargoyles, that’s for sure.
And I can’t see Gargoyles as ranger pets… Intelligent spellcasters performing “Protect Me!” ? They would most likely hex you to death instead :p

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

A Massive Headache.1879

Btw as you maybe don’t know – Gargoyles and Mergoyles are both inelligent species of spellcasters in Tyria. They don’t fly, they look like made of stone. I can’t really say what were the things in MK ealm last year, but not real Gw lore gargoyles, that’s for sure.
And I can’t see Gargoyles as ranger pets… Intelligent spellcasters performing “Protect Me!” ? They would most likely hex you to death instead :p

But molten candy corn griphons and rockdogs would be great pets for ogres and centaur. but yeah I completely agree with you. They were intelligent?

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I was thinking more like a pet Elder Dragon. Too strong? Ok, we can settle on a claw, say, Juvenile Tequatl. The utility skill is Tsunami and instantly wipes everyone on the three borderlands, including EB.

I was going to say a pet warrior or guardian, but dear god, let’s not make it OP.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Used to be that devourers were only a charr thing. Personally, if ogres have them tamed, that’s precedent that they’re tameable. I expect the reasons why we don’t have raptors, rock dogs and griffons is that they ran out of ideas of ways to make unique pets.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

A Massive Headache.1879

Used to be that devourers were only a charr thing. Personally, if ogres have them tamed, that’s precedent that they’re tameable. I expect the reasons why we don’t have raptors, rock dogs and griffons is that they ran out of ideas of ways to make unique pets.

Functionally, how would raptors be different from moas? Charr are a major collaborative race, ogres have not yet achieved that. I could believe rock dogs being a potential in the future but not so much griphons

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Something like that I think. iirc early in development it was said that nearly ever animal was tameable but when they started streamlining the pet system they had trouble justifying all the varieties of animals. In fact I know in one of the early trailers you can see a norn ranger with a griffon pet.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Oh pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease yes I want that. I desperately WANT THAT!!!
A flaming pet for my flaming ranger. The thing is… not going to happen.
Still hoping for rock dogs though, they look nice. If it’s a cosmetic/casual game, why can’t we have more skins/pets/fluff? No, not on the gem store, in-game -.- you know, earning them. Doing quests. No? No, ok, at least put it in the gem store.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i would enjoy more pet selections for my ranger, not just your average animal though other great looking mobs that can become a pet.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

You and me both

Then there are 3 of us wanting a Griffon!

(probably far more though)… Sad to only have birds for flying pets.

Kima & Co

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: PhizMeister.8562

PhizMeister.8562

Their not extinct, they mysteriously dissapeared.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Those do not look very much like gargoyles. They look more like something that came from the same plane as fire imps.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Functionally, how would raptors be different from moas? Charr are a major collaborative race, ogres have not yet achieved that. I could believe rock dogs being a potential in the future but not so much griphons

The wild raptors might share activated skills with moas, but the underlying stats and automatic skills can be different (there are already a number of activated pet skills that are functionally equivalent to one another). Moas are essentially support pets – raptors would be more aggressive, possibly closer to felines in behaviour, and definitely lacking the healing shout that moas have as a family skill. Similar to drakes (and, I think, moas, which almost invariably use Stunning Shriek in the wild regardless of what their tamed equivalents use), some of the tamed raptors might also have activated abilities that neither moas nor their wild cousins use – screeches that inflict vulnerability, poison, or confusion, for instance.

I can certainly accept that ArenaNet intended to introduce these as pets but basically didn’t have the time to figure them out, but the option is still open to them to introduce new pets and families of pets.

With regard to the ogres not being a collaborative race: They show it can be done, and knowing it can be done, rangers of other races will probably figure out how in fairly short order – or get an ogre from one of the friendlier tribes to teach them. There are also other NPCs that have pets of types unavailable to rangers, such as Shrieksy.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

gargoyle ranger pet

in Blood and Madness

A Massive Headache.1879

The wild raptors might share activated skills with moas, but the underlying stats and automatic skills can be different (there are already a number of activated pet skills that are functionally equivalent to one another). Moas are essentially support pets – raptors would be more aggressive, possibly closer to felines in behaviour, and definitely lacking the healing shout that moas have as a family skill. Similar to drakes (and, I think, moas, which almost invariably use Stunning Shriek in the wild regardless of what their tamed equivalents use), some of the tamed raptors might also have activated abilities that neither moas nor their wild cousins use – screeches that inflict vulnerability, poison, or confusion, for instance.

I can certainly accept that ArenaNet intended to introduce these as pets but basically didn’t have the time to figure them out, but the option is still open to them to introduce new pets and families of pets.

With regard to the ogres not being a collaborative race: They show it can be done, and knowing it can be done, rangers of other races will probably figure out how in fairly short order – or get an ogre from one of the friendlier tribes to teach them. There are also other NPCs that have pets of types unavailable to rangers, such as Shrieksy.

Fair enough. Also. was it a time constraint? I know they mentioned maybe a tamable branded pet, but then cut it as there were too many pets. at least that was my understanding of it.