15 gold for guild kite?

15 gold for guild kite?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Are you serious, Anet? I thought a guild skin for our kites would be a gold piece or two… but 15? Really?

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Less people have it that way.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

with all that g you get every day for the achiv chest.. pls pls just be a bit grateful..
Pppl these days are too greedy..

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea, 15g is not that much money these days lol. Especially if you want something unique. If it was 2g, everyone would have it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yea, 15g is not that much money these days lol. Especially if you want something unique. If it was 2g, everyone would have it.

And here we go again with the unique crap. You shouldn’t worry about what everyone else is wearing. There’s only so many different skins. Even with the gold from the achievement chests, some of us don’t have that much free gold to just spend on something like this. All the other gold stuff is under 1/2 gold (I think backpack is the most expensive being 5g, or at least was).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

5g less than a cultural T3 head piece for a fully optional fluff customizable guild marked kite… doesn’t sound too bad IMHO…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

15 gold for guild kite?

inazuma.7021

Guild armor and weapons a ridiculously cheap compared to this, and this is for a toy kite. “Greed” has nothing to do with it. Compared to other guild-marked stuff, the kite skin is stupidly overpriced.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Guild armor and weapons a ridiculously cheap compared to this, and this is for a toy kite. “Greed” has nothing to do with it. Compared to other guild-marked stuff, the kite skin is stupidly overpriced.

But the guild armor and weapons aren’t handmade by blind charr artisans with the finest silk and selected fresh canthan bamboo sticks (hey, smuggling them from Cantha isn’t cheap)..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

It’s just a toy. You want the toy, but you don’t want to spend that much gold on it—so yes, greed has everything to do with it.

Edit: It’s also probably the biggest, most eye-catching way to display your guild emblem, so there’s that.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Shieero.9187

Shieero.9187

Price for this should be around 50 g imo. 15g you can earn in an hour.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

In other words, an item for CoF farmers? Great, we need more of those…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

15 gold for guild kite?

Shieero.9187

It`s an amazing way to display your guild emblem. You should be willing to pay any money for that. And I`m not CoF farmer. Boss events, yes.

15 gold for guild kite?

inazuma.7021

On what planet do you live where you earn 15 gold an hour? You sound like a billionaire who holds poor people in disdain for not being able to afford a new Ferrari every week.

15 gold for guild kite?

Shieero.9187

Yesterday I`ve spent my 500 k karma (95% bonus) for Orr boxes, earned 28 g selling lodestones that I got (and rest of kitten). After that I bought unidentified dyes for my laurels, got Celestial dye, earned 23 g. Did some boss events, got globes, salvaged them into dusts, earned almost 10 g. And still some of you say earning gold is hard in this game…

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Are you serious, Anet? I thought a guild skin for our kites would be a gold piece or two… but 15? Really?

It looks more awesome than my legendary (The Minstrel) that I spent 100 times as much gold on.

So I disagree with you, it’s perfectly priced.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Yesterday I`ve spent my 500 k karma (95% bonus) for Orr boxes, earned 28 g selling lodestones that I got (and rest of kitten). After that I bought unidentified dyes for my laurels, got Celestial dye, earned 23 g. Did some boss events, got globes, salvaged them into dusts, earned almost 10 g. And still some of you say earning gold is hard in this game…

playing devil’s advocate here ( I have no axe to grind either way on whether the kite is good value), you did not really “earn” that money. Instead you sold stuff you had for other stuff and then got really lucky gambling with it! Like selling your car and betting it all on 6-red! Getting 28g from lodestones in those orrian boxes sounds very lucky!! http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Orrian_Jewelry_Box/Drop_rate. On average you would get less than 1 stone!

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Run Sanctum Sprint 150 times, a bit less if you sell the loot, a you should be set.

The Burninator

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

with all that g you get every day for the achiv chest.. pls pls just be a bit grateful..
Pppl these days are too greedy..

Christ what a silly argument. Because we finally got something for our efforts in another area of the game, it means we cannot say anything critical about things that have nothing to do with it? What? Listen to yourself.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

15 gold for guild kite?

Shieero.9187

playing devil’s advocate here ( I have no axe to grind either way on whether the kite is good value), you did not really “earn” that money. Instead you sold stuff you had for other stuff and then got really lucky gambling with it! Like selling your car and betting it all on 6-red! Getting 28g from lodestones in those orrian boxes sounds very lucky!! http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Orrian_Jewelry_Box/Drop_rate. On average you would get less than 1 stone!

I sold stuff I DIDN`T need to EARN money lol. What don`t you understand here? Being less lucky I`d still earn 15 g at least to buy my guild kite. If you feel like earning money other way, do so. Just don`t sit in LA and whine how Anet guys don`t want to give you stuff for free.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I think you all are losing sight of the fact that it’s a GUILD kite. The purpose is to be a rallying banner for the gathering of guild members or helping advertise during recruitment runs. It seems with that in mind that this toy is intended for a select market that would use it in a way that’s useful to them; in this case guild organizers.

The 15 gold price tag and forfeit of an existing flag keep people from just grabbing them randomly and making a living forest of giant kites. Those who can afford 15 gold probably have better things to spend their money on wouln’t care to invest in one.

This high price tag works for guilds though. With a 15 gold goal a guild can work as a group to raise the funds for a few kites to spread between their officers for the important purposes I listed earlier. For larger guilds they may already have the resources at their disposal and it isn’t a great expense. For smaller guilds they can gain 15 gold easily within the time they’re available.

15 gold is a lot of cash and feel it was intentionally that way to keep guild related items relevant to guilds.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Thanks for the feedback on this item everyone!

I would like to clear up one potential misunderstanding; the guild kite vendor is not going away when this release ends, and should stay around for the forseeable future.

In other words, if obtaining a guild kite is a goal you would like to set for yourself, you should be able to save up enough gradually over time without the worry of the vendor being removed before you can get enough.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I think it’s a decent bit of money considering you already had to pay for the kite.
It’s not really too much about greed on the player end imo. Many people don’t farm CoF all day, or almost at all. For them, this is a couple of days worth of extra gold on top of what they already paid for the kite. That’s why people dislike it.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Zenon.4328

Zenon.4328

I think the bigger issue is greed, not on the gold or money itself, but the “I need to have everything” mentality. The guild kite is unnecessary to play any of the content in the game.

15 gold for guild kite?

Navzar.2938

See I don’t really understand that, why is a guild kite more costly than the other three? They’re just all just as unique and almost all as good looking (though I personally don’t like the air one as much).

Maybe I’m just missing something as to why the guild kite is considered special?
Is it bigger? Higher demand? Unless there’s a reason, I can’t see this as greed to want all kites to be equal cost.

15 gold for guild kite?

Jong.5937

I sold stuff I DIDN`T need to EARN money lol. What don`t you understand here? Being less lucky I`d still earn 15 g at least to buy my guild kite. If you feel like earning money other way, do so. Just don`t sit in LA and whine how Anet guys don`t want to give you stuff for free.

I’m deliberately being pedantic here. But for me EARNING involves increasing your net worth through personal effort. Not converting your net worth for one form to another for sure and really not by gambling either

But, on the bigger point, as I said, I have no issue with the price of the kite. Clearly some really value it and are happy, some don’t see it worth 15g and that is fine too. Not like it is an essential purchase

Piken Square

15 gold for guild kite?

Shieero.9187

Not like it is an essential purchase

And THAT^ is the reason why I can`t understand all the whiners. Cheers.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Not like it is an essential purchase

And THAT^ is the reason why I can`t understand all the whiners. Cheers.

Signed this. No one force you and it not must have item.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

It does seem peculiarly expensive but then set aside the ludicrously priced cultural armour sets it begins to look almost reasonable.

Almost.

Still, it’s not essential by any means so … meh.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

The price is ok.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I see no problem with the price of 15g for this item.

15 gold for guild kite?

Jong.5937

It does seem peculiarly expensive

Clearly not that pricey as I’ve seen several around already!

Piken Square

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

gold is flowing like water these days and as others have said, 15g really isn’t that much for a unique item.

there are many things one could call unjust in gw2 but this is not one of them.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

15g is nothing nowadays. Should have been 150g instead.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Just up front I have absolutely zero interest in this item, and I am not really considering getting it as I like the original design.

But comparatively to other guild vanity items, this is absurdly overpriced. Short of the guild leaders, the vast majority of the players interested in this item when chatting with my guild, were very casual players and 15G is an overwhelmingly large chunk of change for them.

If gold is really becoming a problem (i.e. excess), give us something worth our while.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Sad that so many people can’t enjoy something unless they know other people don’t have it.

15 gold for guild kite?

Weirwynn.2390

Sad that so many people can’t enjoy something unless they know other people don’t have it.

It’s sad so many people don’t know what it means to actually achieve something.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Anything with “guild” on it means that your guild will be helping out on purchasing any “guild” related items. Just like the commander title, every one in our guild pitched in to give our guild leader the title — and that’s 100 gold.

So for the kite, if each member of your guild pitch in, you don’t have to fork-up the whole cost of the kite since it is for the guild.

With your guild helping you, nothing is really expensive.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Anything with “guild” on it means that your guild will be helping out on purchasing any “guild” related items.

Lol, no. It doesn’t. All it means is it displays the emblem.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

15 gold for guild kite?

Sir Vincent III.1286

Anything with “guild” on it means that your guild will be helping out on purchasing any “guild” related items.

Lol, no. It doesn’t. All it means is it displays the emblem.

Really? So if your guild members aren’t representing your guild, do you think you’ll have enough points to create even a guild banner on your own? How about the guild missions? Guild bounty perhaps?

It is unfortunate that your guild is not as helpful as mine was.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Airwolf.7382

Airwolf.7382

Anything with “guild” on it means that your guild will be helping out on purchasing any “guild” related items. Just like the commander title, every one in our guild pitched in to give our guild leader the title — and that’s 100 gold.

So for the kite, if each member of your guild pitch in, you don’t have to fork-up the whole cost of the kite since it is for the guild.

It depends on the guild type more or less. If your guild build up out of a group of friends than it could be (unless almost all would get one that would not spare you much anyway). But if your guild consists out of a larger base with more unknown people to you, a commander tag would be fine. But in the end it is more or less a simple toy. And I would not just give any random person money for it just so they can get it cheap and represent another guild sooner or later.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

It’s just a toy. You want the toy, but you don’t want to spend that much gold on it—so yes, greed has everything to do with it.

Edit: It’s also probably the biggest, most eye-catching way to display your guild emblem, so there’s that.

I display mine properly by farming people in the obsidian jp =P

15 gold for guild kite?

Sir Vincent III.1286

It depends on the guild type more or less. If your guild build up out of a group of friends than it could be (unless almost all would get one that would not spare you much anyway). But if your guild consists out of a larger base with more unknown people to you, a commander tag would be fine. But in the end it is more or less a simple toy. And I would not just give any random person money for it just so they can get it cheap and represent another guild sooner or later.

Well, there is your problem, you’re not seeing the wisdom of generosity. You already suspect that someone will represent another guild instead of giving them the benefit of a doubt. Let’s just say that they did that, how much did that cost you? 1g? Not something to be worked up about.

To me, if you help your fellow guild members, they are more than likely to help you out when you need it — even getting a silly toy.

15 gold for guild kite?

Airwolf.7382

I display mine properly by farming people in the obsidian jp =P

Good guy griefer.

15 gold for guild kite?

Airwolf.7382

Well, there is your problem, you’re not seeing the wisdom of generosity. You already suspect that someone will represent another guild instead of giving them the benefit of a doubt. Let’s just say that they did that, how much did that cost you? 1g? Not something to be worked up about.

To me, if you help your fellow guild members, they are more than likely to help you out when you need it — even getting a silly toy.

Its more the style of guilds we are in i guess. My guild has a small group of people who represent full time. To that part i would do exactly what you say. (they even helped me with the last part of my legendary.

The rest however are part representers. They all are from small guilds connected to ours. in a way that they represent at times our guild hosts guild events. They do not contribute to the guild in other ways. but it makes it so a group of smaller guilds gets the player base to do bigger events.

The second part is why i say what i say on this matter.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: Xavos.9357

Xavos.9357

not a COF farmer? then at least run it once or twice and you’ll see that your working your way to that 15g,

Xavos – Guardian
Rasz Algethi – Hunter
Fort Aspenwood

15 gold for guild kite?

Sir Vincent III.1286

Its more the style of guilds we are in i guess. My guild has a small group of people who represent full time. To that part i would do exactly what you say. (they even helped me with the last part of my legendary.

The rest however are part representers. They all are from small guilds connected to ours. in a way that they represent at times our guild hosts guild events. They do not contribute to the guild in other ways. but it makes it so a group of smaller guilds gets the player base to do bigger events.

The second part is why i say what i say on this matter.

Well, just do good things in your guild and when the half-ters (half-representers) see the good things, you never know, they may become permanent.

Be cautious not suspicious.

15 gold for guild kite?

Navzar.2938

I’m going to clear up some things quickly. Firstly, things like guild banners, missions, and commander tags are of benefit to large amounts of people, so there’s the major difference right there. Personal item vs service for many.

Two, which people have been mindlessly been repeating, yes, it is an non essential item, but it’s just as non essential as the other kites, so that argument holds no water for extra requirements seeing as they’re all nearly the same thing. (Although I suppose what Sir Vincent said about guild items could explain anet’s view on guild skin items for me, so thank you for that answer.)

Three, slightly off topic, if gold is flowing out like water, maybe someone should take a look at that cof1 farm? It seems to be giving out disproportionally high amounts of gold compared to the rest of the game, but without extra difficulty.

15 gold for guild kite?

Weirwynn.2390

I’m going to clear up some things quickly. Firstly, things like guild banners, missions, and commander tags are of benefit to large amounts of people, so there’s the major difference right there. Personal item vs service for many.

Two, which people have been mindlessly been repeating, yes, it is an non essential item, but it’s just as non essential as the other kites, so that argument holds no water for extra requirements seeing as they’re all nearly the same thing. (Although I suppose what Sir Vincent said about guild items could explain anet’s view on guild skin items for me, so thank you for that answer.)

Displaying your guild emblem make it very much not a “personal item”.

Three, slightly off topic, if gold is flowing out like water, maybe someone should take a look at that cof1 farm? It seems to be giving out disproportionally high amounts of gold compared to the rest of the game, but without extra difficulty.

I’ve run CoF explorable all of four times in my career; I don’t even have enough tokens for a chestpiece yet. I don’t play the trading post, or even stock up on event items to sell back after the event is over.

Also, coincidentally, I have around 90 gold at the moment, hundreds of ectos and T6 mats in the bank (saving up for a legendary), and I recently craft-leveled my mesmer up to near the cap because leveling mesmer is a chore. If I actually wanted a guild emblem kite, I would buy one without a second thought to the gold required.

Making money is not difficult. CoF P1 is out of order, yes, but don’t use it as a crutch to complain about things that cost some gold.

Also, by the way, as of this posting, it costs 16 gold, 17 silver and 45 copper to buy a kite with gold. Paying 15g on top of that for a custom appearance is not at altogether unusual.

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Anyone can earn 15g, your argument is invalid.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

15 gold for guild kite?

Posted by: nekodoken.5329

nekodoken.5329

Going off the debate a bit: does the kite show the guild emblem of the guild you are currently representing? Meaning it can change, and not locked to 1 guild?

Back on the topic:

First of all, I think if the opinion on the guild kite price is pretty evenly split, then it’s not overpriced

Second, 15g at the rate of 3g per 100 gems comes to 500 gems, which is the price of the aspect kites. Including the cost of the aspect kite needed to make a guild kite, the guild kite is essentially twice the cost in gems, and also in terms of real life money. And like the dev said, the guild kite option will stay available, meaning that half of the cost for the guild kite you can slowly grind to get there.

And finally, relating to why guild kite > aspect kite, I can see that because even if you have no special feeling towards the specific artwork on the kite, customized item is usually more expensive. Uniqueness does affect cost. Especially if the guild kite changes to any guild you represent, the versatility of this one item warrants (I personally believe) double the price

(edited by nekodoken.5329)