3 Hours grind with 124%MF...

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: pysta.1278

pysta.1278

Hai everyone!

Please dont hate me for sharing my concern but I’m starting to feel that if I can’t afford to put so much money every 2 week in this game (they will add new contain every 2weeks) then it will only be a beautiful gift box (the new contain) but inside there will be nothing for me. Let me explain… If you are like me you do the event with passion for a living story and to get memorial reward at the end to be proud of and show that you were there at that event and like everyone you are ready to do lots of gameplay, achievements, retry to get some awesome looking gear and loots. Now dont get me wrong I can put 15$ a month to play a game but when it cost you for example for this event:

250 fortune scraps for just one helm related to the event and by opening 50 kite fortune which cost me 10$ US I got approx. 130 fortune scraps that would mean I would need to spend another 10$ US to get what I’m missing. So far we are at 20$ US. For me spending so much every 2 week I cant do that… so I though ill work hard for the rest by grinding monster and basket with 124% magic find and after 3 hours of doing this non stop on Level 75-79 humanoid monster I found only 1 fortune kite… So in the end I cant see how I can get so many fortune scraps in 2 weeks because I cannot afford all the too expensive gem-store item cost. All I want is to do new contain, pay a reasonable fee and be able to get some cool rewards like other who have so much money to spend in real life.

The joy of playing a game is to play it to achieve something possible but if the company tell me the game is free to play but if you want a reward for achieving something (because in this game achieving something is all about the look) then you better have lots of money to spend every month than really playing for it… It make me feel like it was all a scam…

Now im sorry if I offended any of you it was not intend but only to express that I feel Im playing a game where you can do all the new contain and work for it but dont expect a reward like others who can pay so much for it… Im sorry… Thank you.

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

Hello, I have 10% MF extra (1 item with +3%MF and an upgrade that gives me +7%) and in 5 minutes that I’ve been running around doing the daily yday (killing random stuff) I have received 4 kites. I think you might have been unlucky yday. Maybe today will be a better day.

Now, regarding the achievements that you (maybe) can’t reach without paying… do you really care that much? I mean, the primary “function” of this game is for the players to have fun. If you’re having fun jumping around, bashing random beasts or whatever else, do you really need the shiny award at the end?

I’ve been away for a while…tbh, haven’t played in almost half a year, and I still can’t find the time to play and achieve everything in the game nowadays, but the fact that I can do something different/new every 2 weeks, even though I can’t achieve the “grand prize”, still makes me happy.

Anyways, I hope you’ll manage to get the full satisfaction out of the game without having to cut your budget

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

its the first day
This updates are coming in parts, the first part last one month, the 2nd last two weeks.
You will have a month to get for scraps.

Also, this happens with every update.
As this content progresses, we always find fast and easier ways to get the consumable for the update (ex. Candy corn, Zhaitaffy)

By the end, you’ll have more scraps than you’ll need.

You’re suffering from the “I need everything immediately” disease.

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

There are other ways you can get scraps. There are traders in the new area that will swap x number of common crafting materials (material scraps, ores, zhaitaffy etc) for boxes which have a chance to drop scraps and also some new recipes. This new content looks like an economy fix as you need more of these materials from the lowest & highest level areas than you do from the mid-range zones where people tend to race through.

As a result you might be better off mining the gold ore in the zone just south of Lions arch. You only need 30 to trade for 1 box (you can also use the trading point but expect these materials to increase in price as this becomes known). Once you have 30 just head over to the traders in the new area and find the right one to trade with. I suspect the gem-store bought boxes have a better chance of rare drops but the jade tickets showed us it was better to open a lot of common coffers than to throw real money at the rich ones.

Google “Dulfy” for more info on the new content. If I’d seen that a few days ago I would have stocked up on those trading materials while they were cheap.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I got a rare kite fortune from a mob

Posted by: pysta.1278

pysta.1278

Thank you for all the great reply I really appreciate it!

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I really don’t get this thread. Please make a tl’dr. What do you want to buy and why can’t you?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just my perspective – over 2 days of steady play I’ve had about 10 kite fortunes drop off mobs (average MF of less than 10%), and 3 of those had 50 scraps in each of them. Progress is going to be jerky and sudden, but when you hit one of those bundles of 50, your total leaps forward.

(tragically, I find the new gear… unappealing. Odds are about 50/50 I convert my scraps by into supply boxes to try and get more recipes)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

I kinda find the new helms to look.. meh.
The back pieces, on Charr, woooaaaahhh boy… I went back to Karka Shell.
Don’t like having a mystical javallin on my back, lol.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

As a result you might be better off mining the gold ore in the zone just south of Lions arch. You only need 30 to trade for 1 box (you can also use the trading point but expect these materials to increase in price as this becomes known).

My tip .. harvest wood in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, and of course also the Gold there. You only need 35 of that wood, and you find much more wood than gold.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

11% Magic Find + not giving a kitten about fortune scraps + doing WvW = Golden Fortune Scrap from loot bag kill

Its not about the MF its just about the luck.. and as my guild mates said “midblowing stupid luck”

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Lets say your chance of getting a fortune from a kill is 0,5%
Increasing your MF by 150% you would still be getting a 1,25% wich is a really small chance.