500 and 1000 Chest Rewards

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: selfdisplaced.5781

selfdisplaced.5781

Cool…two chests, I get a PVP Chest in both the 500 and 1000 Chest Rewards…I don’t even play PVP. Useless, guess I’ll be deleting this junk

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Don’t feel too bad I didn’t even get that. I see everyone else getting nice exotics, all I got was a few boosters and some gathering tools lol. I would gladly take some new pvp skins over that.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The smarter move would be to deposit those PVP skins into your PVP locker in the heart of the mists in case you ever do decide to PVP.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I thought everyone got the same stuff? I’ve gotten 300 honor tokens (I really need dungeon tokens.), a bunch of Magic Forge stones and a lot of boosters.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Are the rewards perhaps dependent on what zone you’re in when you get it or open it? It seems very strange to mix sPvP, PVE and WvW reward types together.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I don’t think its dependent on the zone you’re in. I think the rewards are common for everyone. Opened yesterday’s and today’s chests while in PvE and both times got badges, PvP skins & glory boosters and other PvE stuff. I think they’re equally distributing rewards from all 3 aspects of the game to everyone rather than rewarding with RNG.
What I found funny though was that when I clicked on Deposit collectibles all PvP skins and glory boosters got deposited as well (most probably to PvP locker). Never tried this before but is it normal? :/

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

What I found funny though was that when I clicked on Deposit collectibles all PvP skins and glory boosters got deposited as well (most probably to PvP locker). Never tried this before but is it normal? :/

Yes pvp armors and glory boosters are considered collectibles.

More people need to know about this instead of thinking that they waste space…

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Yes pvp armors and glory boosters are considered collectibles.

More people need to know about this instead of thinking that they waste space…

Thanks for the confirmation. But it’s odd that all skins except one got deposited. Maybe I already had that skin in my locker? :/ Don’t they stack? Sorry I don’t sPvP and never checked my locker so not really sure about this :P.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Don’t feel too bad I didn’t even get that. I see everyone else getting nice exotics, all I got was a few boosters and some gathering tools lol. I would gladly take some new pvp skins over that.

Congratulations on opening the 100 reward chest. Tomorrow you’ll get a PvP chest inside your chest (iherdulaikchestzbro).

Back on topic: Can we please stop complaining about free stuff?

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Thanks for the confirmation. But it’s odd that all skins except one got deposited. Maybe I already had that skin in my locker? :/ Don’t they stack? Sorry I don’t sPvP and never checked my locker so not really sure about this :P.

The PvP gear don’t stack, no. You can however equip whatever duplicate you get on a character that can wear that type or armor/weapon, should you have that available, or you can go to Heart of the Mists, purchase a PvP Salvage Kit (requires Glory/doing some sPvP), salvage the item in question and deposit those materials into the PvP Locker. It doesn’t need to be too much of a inventory filler.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

^ Assuming you have the requisite glory to purchase aforementioned PvP Salvage Kit.

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

Cool…two chests, I get a PVE Chest in both the 500 and 1000 Chest Rewards…I don’t even play PVE. Useless, guess I’ll be deleting all these boosters.

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

selfdisplaced.5781

I’m not complaining about getting free stuff. It sucks though that my achievement points are being wasted on stuff I will never use. You can’t get the rewards back, so seems like a complete waste and doesn’t seem like much of a ‘reward’.

Posted by: Camacho.4108

Camacho.4108

can’t please everybody :/

I for one am happy with these additions. It’s better than getting nothing. Also, Celestina above has the best solution.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

someones actually whining they got free stuff.

Attachments:

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’m not complaining about getting free stuff. It sucks though that my achievement points are being wasted on stuff I will never use. You can’t get the rewards back, so seems like a complete waste and doesn’t seem like much of a ‘reward’.

I’m pretty sure everyone gets the same thing in each chest. How are your points wasted? They are NOT “charging you x number of points for each reward item”. They are rewarding a chest that contains specific items.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

People are always vocal about the game modes they don’t like to play. Wouldn’t it have been better to allow people a choice of pvp or pve chest considering you can take a skin in pve and make it pvp only it would have fit with this theme of choice, no?

That aside, you may have been given a lot of items you won’t use, but you were also given permanent stat boosts, laurels, gold and probably some mystic forge stones which aren’t the easiest to come by and will be important for PvE items.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Yes, you are complaining about free stuff.

And if ANet hadn’t decided to provide rewards for your APs, do tell what you would have done with those them instead of having them “being wasted”?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Still sounds like complaining about free stuff.

I don’t sPVP. But you know what? I appreciate getting free skins that I would not have in PVP otherwise in case I ever do decide to sPVP.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I thought everyone got the same stuff? I’ve gotten 300 honor tokens (I really need dungeon tokens.), a bunch of Magic Forge stones and a lot of boosters.

Yeah I really hope they start putting some Dungeon tokens in these chests. Seems fair since they are giving out free WvW tokens.

selfdisplaced.5781

Yea, I’m complaining, sure.

I’m not losing AP’s, but I am missing out on rewards for my playing time. And that playing time I’ve spent 0 time playing PVP (not counting the few minutes spent in the Holiday PVP things, not sure if that counts). So why am I being rewarded for my playing time in an area of the game I spend no time in.

I agree, that a choice would be nice, PVP Chest or PVE Chest or WvW Chest (Not sure if there is anything specific for WvW as I don’t play that either).

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I totally support getting this worthless PvP crap. Since I don’t PvP suddenly getting 100 commendations and then another 200 on top of that is really helpful for allowing me to continue to not do WvW and still gain progress toward my Legendary if I ever saw one that I actually liked.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: eloqen.8297

eloqen.8297

I’ve never really done pvp but I am keen on having cool stuff to wear when I go through the lobby to get to LA (:
and the laurels we get? Gooooood.

Posted by: Marquiz.7625

Marquiz.7625

This is like complaining why the random mob you killed playing as a mesmer, dropped you a rifle as reward for your time spent killing it. Yea you can’t use it, so you should complain and make anet change that mobs only drop items you can use.

Marquiz
Home: Crystal Desert
Guild: [KöMÉ] §Strength, Honour & Duty§

selfdisplaced.5781

This is like complaining why the random mob you killed playing as a mesmer, dropped you a rifle as reward for your time spent killing it. Yea you can’t use it, so you should complain and make anet change that mobs only drop items you can use.

not really…the complain i have is if a random mob i killed playing as a mesmer in Queensdale decided to start dropping PVP gear.

there is a reason you get PVP drops in PVP and PVE drops in PVE. because it make sense.

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Yeah you get pve drops in pve and pvp drops in pvp, but this system of rewards is account wide so it gives rewards for all aspects. Sorry that you don’t do pvp, but i think having a system that rewards evenly is a lot better than making people that pvp and pve have to pick which ones they want the rewards for.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

not really…the complain i have is if a random mob i killed playing as a mesmer in Queensdale decided to start dropping PVP gear.

there is a reason you get PVP drops in PVP and PVE drops in PVE. because it make sense.

Actually that isn’t even the complaint. The complaint is that you happened to be wandering around doing anything at all and suddenly PvP gear appeared in your inventory.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Marquiz.7625

Marquiz.7625

You do know that the chest does not only contain PVP stuff, no?

Its like going to a restaurant and them serving you free salad that comes with your chips. But you complain to them that you don’t eat it and want them to change it to something you want.

Marquiz
Home: Crystal Desert
Guild: [KöMÉ] §Strength, Honour & Duty§

(edited by Marquiz.7625)

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Come on, I can’t believe there are people whining for this!

They designed the chests to give rewards for all enviroments at once (in my last 2 chests I got 300!! honor badges just because, and a lot of cool PvP skins, and then I also got 15 mystic forge stones and a lot of things that now I can’t store anywhere!! I felt it was awesome, who needs black lion chests, glory or killing in WvW now?? The chests are awesome and I can’t wait for the really big ones if the small ones were so awesome!!).

If you don’t play PvP, it’s up t you. Everyone got rewards for all enviroments at the same time, so if you don’t play a part of the game you paid for, it’s because you decided not to PvP. You got the same WvW and PvE rewards than others did, and you also got the same PvP rewards tey did, only that you’ve decided not to use them.