500pt Achievment chest

500pt Achievment chest

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Salahn.8256

Salahn.8256

So we got our 500pt chest today, great idea giving rewards, but i was disapointed after opening it on my medium armor wearing Ranger to find 2 pieces of charater bound, untradeable light PvP armor. I’m hoping the items being soulbound on aquire is a mistake, otherwise they are totaly useless and the only thing I can do with my “reward” is to throw it away.

500pt Achievment chest

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

just deposit it into the PvP locker and it can rot there until you decide if you ever want to PvP…..I don’t PvP myself so mine will just sit there and gather virtual dust forever.

500pt Achievment chest

Posted by: Faceless.7549

Faceless.7549

Or you could throw it into the Mystic Forge to have another shot at acquiring something that fits your character.

500pt Achievment chest

Salahn.8256

I dont pvp tho i may well do, so I’ve not heard of the PvP locker, would that enable say my mesmer to use the items even tho bound to my ranger?

And thanks faceless I had’nt thought of the forge, still disapointed with the lack of thought gone into the chests tho.

500pt Achievment chest

khani.4786

As far as I know you should be able to get anything out of the locker that you deposit there on any character. (just hit the deposit all collectables button and they’ll go where they’re supposed to go)

I didn’t know about the forge either!

500pt Achievment chest

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I dont pvp tho i may well do, so I’ve not heard of the PvP locker, would that enable say my mesmer to use the items even tho bound to my ranger?

And thanks faceless I had’nt thought of the forge, still disapointed with the lack of thought gone into the chests tho.

Yes, anything that can be placed in your PvP locker can be used by any character on your account (assuming it’s the right armor/weapon type). That being said, if you want your mesmer to use it, they’ll only be able to use it in sPvP since PvP items that go in the PvP locker are for PvP only.

500pt Achievment chest

khani.4786

That being said, if you want your mesmer to use it, they’ll only be able to use it in sPvP since PvP items that go in the PvP locker are for PvP only.

I know this is off on a tangent…..but what’s the difference? Doesn’t it all happen in the same area (heart of the mists)?

500pt Achievment chest

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

That being said, if you want your mesmer to use it, they’ll only be able to use it in sPvP since PvP items that go in the PvP locker are for PvP only.

I know this is off on a tangent…..but what’s the difference? Doesn’t it all happen in the same area (heart of the mists)?

sPvP is short for Structured PvP, if you’ve ever played WoW think of it as battlegrounds. Basically small scenarios where you and a small team fight against other team of players, in the heart of the mists you can join matches.

In sPvP all gear is normalized, basically all your gear has the stats of the best level 80 gear in game, and all characters are upleveled to 80 and all traits and skills unlocked, regardless of that character’s level or gear in PvE, PvP gear basically works as unlocked skins to customize your character the way you want it to look. When you get a piece of PvP gear what you do is that you “unlock” that gear’s look on your account, so if you get a light armor piece, for example, go to the heart of the mists, add that gear to your PvP locker, and any character you have or create from that point on that can use light armor can pick that piece while on sPvP.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

500pt Achievment chest

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was making a topic just like this when I realised if you put things into the PvP locker they change from soulbound to soulbound on acquire. I haven’t checked yet but I assume that means any of your characters can withdraw and use them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

500pt Achievment chest

Salahn.8256

It does, thanks alot all who replied to this, I realy dont pvp much but would like to in the future so i didnt know this.