Account Achievement reward system

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

YES! Thank you!

Very excited for this and can’t wait to see what sort of skins we’ll get.

Please no debbie downer posts like “Bet they’re skins we’ve already got” or “great now i have to farm 10k chieve points to get stuff i should be able to buy.”

EDIT: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-account-achievement-rewards-incoming/
Matt Wuerffel talks about the new Account Achievement Reward System and the achievement panel UI redesign.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Indeed, that will surely be a great incentive to complete different content, such Jumping Puzzle or enemy slaying ^^; and I realy wonder what the prizes will be: since I was losing hope that those AP would have given me anything, i won’t be disappointed anyhow!

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Agreed. This was a very good decision on behalf of ANet.

Posted by: Bunny.3081

Bunny.3081

Very excited about these rewards!

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

yeah so now every single achievement point is a must have not for the leader boards anymore (only few people cared about) but for the prize… how hard core is that?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Really looking forward to this too. Will have to work on getting more in preparation.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Awesome! I can’t wait for this. I’ve been waiting for more achievement oriented rewards since launch.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

yeah so now every single achievement point is a must have not for the leader boards anymore (only few people cared about) but for the prize… how hard core is that?

Just exactly however hard core you, and every other player, makes it. No more, no less.

I’m looking forward to cashing in the points that I’ve already made, but I doubt if I’ll be going out of my way to earn more. I know that some people will, and that’s fine with me — everyone should be free to keep score however they most enjoy keeping score.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

Remove achievement points from dailies and remove these points from total count!

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Hopefully they work more like HoM points where you don’t actually spend them; if you xxx number of points, than you can get yyy

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Posted by: liangdar.3054

liangdar.3054

Remove achievement points from dailies and remove these points from total count!

100% sign

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Going off of the screen shots it looks like it might be limited to helms, gloves and shoulders. I don’t think the chest or leg pieces in the screen shots are new.

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

precursors coupon for every 5k achievement points please,thank you arenanet. Coupon with same mechanic for the fused gauntlet,brings up a vendor tab so you can choose which precursor u want.

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

100% sign

Another 100% here.

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

I’m pretty excited for this system, but I really hope they take out all the daily points, and let our achievement point score reflect our actual achievements and not logging in to pointlessly badger off several things each day. The laurel, coin, and jug are more than enough reward for that – I’m not sure it’s fair to be getting more points each day for chores than getting a legendary. I’ve got a somewhat depressing individual in my guild who does every pvp and pve daily every day, and has taken to farming giants for giant slayer, just to try and get his score up, and he’s not even #1, but lord is he trying.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

100% sign

Another 100% here.

0% Here. Points are points.

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

Another 100% here. Also those points from salvaging shouldn’t count.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

precursors coupon for every 5k achievement points please,thank you arenanet. Coupon with same mechanic for the fused gauntlet,brings up a vendor tab so you can choose which precursor u want.

I’m curious as to whether something like this would make it the same price for a 1-hand vs. 2-hand vs. aquatic vs. off-hand only weapon…

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I’m very much looking forward to this update. Sounds like some good content and a set up for more great content further down the road.

100% sign

Another 100% here.

0% Here too. I see no logic in handicapping your ability to gain rewards. It is folly.

p.s. – I also hope also you can choose the reward yourself, rather than having it chosen for you. The latter has not worked so well for me so far.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

The rewards will probably account bound so I have zero problem with dailies counting for it, it’s not like this will change echonomy. Saying “remove those points” is like saying “if I don’t get them soon, I don’t want anyone else getting them”, that’s not cool.

I recently passed the 6K points mark, but even if I were lower I wouldn’t mind others that worked for it getting the rewards.

I don’t think the rewards will be extremely expensive in points anyway.

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

kiba is pleased.

this will hopefully revitalize games like keg brawl and other overlooked activities as people look to increase their AP

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

There are people who choose to work on dailies and get points instead of doing other things to get points. These people shouldn’t be penalized just because some people prefer to pass on dailies/monthlies.

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I’m stoked. Don’t care if dailies count or not to be honest, as if they did it would help out the folks who aren’t willing or capable to spend the time doing some of the harder stuff and earn their achievements, although the folks who are hardcore AP grabbers would still inevitably be higher anyways.

I kinda hope that it’s gonna be set up like the Hall of Monuments, where having X achievement points (or more) allows you to unlock and get a skin for whatever items free, as opposed to using the AP to actually “buy” things.

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Good thing about this is that people can basically do whatever they want and get rewards, since there are so many ways to obtain achievement points.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Agreed. I just hope the rewards will be like the HOM ones (with its own vendor somewhere).

Good thing about this is that people can basically do whatever they want and get rewards, since there are so many ways to obtain achievement points.

Yup, like sitting there trying to get 1000 giant kills

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Or cap them, or make sure the reward structure naturally caps them where you don’t need to do years worth of dailies to catch up with those who never stopped doing them.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

As a person who wasn’t exactly happy about the state of Guild Wars 2 I can say that I am beyond excited about this and I think Anet hit a homerun with this one.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Exactly. I thought that the point you made was one of the major strengths of this system they are implementing.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I don’t mind that the dailies give points. Actually it makes the whole leaderboard thing seem ridiculous. I’d rather they keep the points for everyone and get rid of the pointless achievement leaderboard. But I fear it may be quite the opposite now.

That said, I’m excited to see what comes of this. Hopefully the reward tiers aren’t ridiculously high. As in only the people that are like top of leaderboard can attain at release (10k points). Hopefully they are a lot more reasonable. Looking forward to it at least.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I absolutely hope for it, that they included some of my older suggestions about exactly account point rewards…

I want to see account rewards especially, stuff, that upgrades your accoutn with new FEATURES.

Things like:

• Unlock Theatre Mode
    Theatre Mode Enables the ability to hear all GW2 Soundtracks in a sub menu, to view from there all of your explored vistas as often as you wish, without having to be with one of your characters at the vista point, review all already seen cut scenes from your personal stories as a kind of “character movie” that tells your whole current character story as if you get told a legend aboiut your character, somethign like that …
  • Unlock new choosable backgrounds via the options menus for your character select screen
  • Unlocks for your account the “Hard Mode”
    Hard Mode Enables your characters to enter of all visible exploable territories an instanced version of the territory maps to play on them on harder difficulty.
    New Hard Mode Achievements will get introduced.
    In the instanced territory map the player has to completely explore the map again.
    All vistas, hearts and skill points are resetted for the Hard Mode Map Instance, which can be played either alone or as group of 5 people. People will change from the normal mode map that is permanent to the hard Mode instance, if the player that starts the group invites players from the Hard Mode Instance. Invited players will get then a popped up question, like as when you enter a dungeon, if you want to enter the instance, or not …
  • Unlocks for your account new Character Creation options with new Face Styles, new Hair Styles, new Hair/Eye Colors, and other more cool options to individualize better your characters, which could be applied also reactively to already existing characters by using a new account bound item, the that way unlocked “Personal Style-Kit”, which could be received in your personal instance. Or instead of an item, its a NPC found there to which u can talk and which will make the changes then on your character…
  • Unlocks as new account feature “Photographer Mode”
    Photographer Mode Enables players to make easier and of higher/better quality pictures from there characters giving them tools at their hands, with that you can make your characters on screen position better, like you want to have them to make screenhots (photos)
  • Unlocks new Guild options for your account, if your character has an own guild, stuff like Guild Halls
    And the option to upgrade that Guild Hall further into bigger localities/instances
    Guild Hall > Guild Castle > Guild Keep > Guild Fortress > Guild Palace
    Adding to this: Guild Hideout > Guild Colony > Guild Village > Guild Town
    With that changing your personal instance also together with Housing adding a Asura Gate from your personal instance to your Guild Palace/Town whatever you have then at the moment …

• ANet basically confirmed already in the announcement, that we will get rewards like new armor skins, new weapon skinns, as also GEMS, what really surprises me, that Anet finally adds a new way to get at least some gems for free, other then just playing several hours for gold to exchange that for gems then … what I find really nice and fair of them

This game has so much potential for adding more cool new account features like these here and I hope to see some stuff of that in future in the game with the account point reward system, once its implemented with the next patch

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: The Zed.7129

The Zed.7129

Agreed. I just hope the rewards will be like the HOM ones (with its own vendor somewhere).

The home instance would be a perfect place for such a vendor.

Posted by: Vorsakan.8259

Vorsakan.8259

Great news for a great update.

My top pick for an account upgrade: Home District Teleport Device – that quartz won’t mine itself!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

YES! Thank you!

Please no debbie downer posts like “Bet they’re skins we’ve already got” or “great now i have to farm 10k chieve points to get stuff i should be able to buy.”

Based off the page, those screens some to be of some of the rewards. So it is safe to assume at least some of them if not all will be entirely new skins.

Who knows, maybe this is how we’ll get the sky pirate weapons.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I hope these rewards get better the more points you get and are not random like for example the WvW rank chests.
Looking forward to this update the most.

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Sounds really interesting. I am eager to see it.

(edited by daros.3407)

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Excited, but mostly for the “permanent account bonuses.” I already like how my character looks so I don’t need any new skins (but hopefully they’ll be cool). Honestly I really hope account bonuses is going to be like the titles from GW1. I’d love to have some innate magic find, or a better chance to salvage ectos, or like the EotN zone buffs. Heck even if the slayer achievements added a +X% damage versus those creatures that be a nice little extra. This also makes me hope that one day they’ll add heroes.

I absolutely hope for it, that they included some of my older suggestions about exactly account point rewards…

I want to see account rewards especially, stuff, that upgrades your accoutn with new FEATURES.

Things like:

• Unlock Theatre Mode
    Theatre Mode Enables the ability to hear all GW2 Soundtracks in a sub menu, to view from there all of your explored vistas as often as you wish, without having to be with one of your characters at the vista point, review all already seen cut scenes from your personal stories as a kind of “character movie” that tells your whole current character story as if you get told a legend aboiut your character, somethign like that …

That could be cool. It’d be nice to relive some of those things (I’d also love to replay some of those missions too).

• Unlocks for your account the “Hard Mode”
    Hard Mode Enables your characters to enter of all visible exploable territories an instanced version of the territory maps to play on them on harder difficulty.
    New Hard Mode Achievements will get introduced.
    In the instanced territory map the player has to completely explore the map again.
    All vistas, hearts and skill points are resetted for the Hard Mode Map Instance, which can be played either alone or as group of 5 people. People will change from the normal mode map that is permanent to the hard Mode instance, if the player that starts the group invites players from the Hard Mode Instance. Invited players will get then a popped up question, like as when you enter a dungeon, if you want to enter the instance, or not …

While I look forward to an eventual hard mode, I don’t think it should be via achievement points, like gw1 I’d rather have it tied to your personal story. If someone can finish their personal story and be level 80 (and most likely have maxed gear) there isn’t a reason to keep them from playing hard mode because they haven’t gotten enough achievement points. Also I can’t remember how gw1 introduced hard mode, but I think here it would come either during a big update (like with the skill/trait changes on June 25th) or an expansion.

• Unlocks new Guild options for your account, if your character has an own guild, stuff like Guild Halls
    And the option to upgrade that Guild Hall further into bigger localities/instances
    Guild Hall > Guild Castle > Guild Keep > Guild Fortress > Guild Palace
    Adding to this: Guild Hideout > Guild Colony > Guild Village > Guild Town
    With that changing your personal instance also together with Housing adding a Asura Gate from your personal instance to your Guild Palace/Town whatever you have then at the moment …

Don’t know if I would mix personal achievements with guild bonuses/benefits, especially since they already have their own currency for such things.

Your cosmetic options are also nice ideas, don’t think I’d use them, but I realize that other people would.

Edit: Oh and for the skins, I do hope they are soul/account bound with a vender than can just give them to you like the HOM rewards, and not just a 1 time thing you get in the mail.

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

100% sign

Another 100% here.

100% agree with the 0%

Points are points…don’t punish how people play just because you don’t play that way.

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I’ve got 7k achievement points, but I don’t go for them or anything. is there a renewable source of achieve points? Or are you just limited to what is there that you haven’t unlocked yet? I know nothing about them. I hope it’s some kind of system where it goes by tiers with free unlocks

example:
tier 1 = 1000 achievement points: access to skin 1 set
tier 2 = 2000 achievement points: access to skin 2 set
etc etc

The system I hope it ISNT is
Spend _# of your points to get _ skin
have no more available points to get _ skins
Sad face =(

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Looking forward to the update. I can’t remember the last update that I was looking forward to more than this.

I do hope like a few others that having “X” amount just unlocks the skin for a gold/ecto/laurel price and that it does not use your achievement points to buy things.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t think you’ll “spend” the points. At least, they’ve previously said the points are there to show you have done things in the game, so your achieve score should stay the same.

I do want dailies to count, perhaps selfishly as I have pushed to get as many laurels as I could. First for the cat tonic (fun!) then for the wolf pup (who is newly added to my human necromancer in a very IC manner) and now for dyes (2 batches of dyes so far, got Illumination today, my sylvari necro rejoices in her colorfulness). I’ve also done many achieves, though not all there are and none in WvW. So I have close to 6K points. I haven’t mindlessly ground them out, either. Dailies are a fun way to level thanks to the xp boost from each completed segment.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

YES! Thank you!

You can see them in the screenshots at the bottom of the page.

I would much rather see achievement specific rewards in addition to rewards earned with AP. That way certain things can only be obtained by completing the permanent achievements while others can be earned over time, even for players who’ve done most of the permanent ones.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I have a better solution. Put a cap on total achievement points (similar to what they did with salvaging and dungeon achievements) which can be gained from dailies. Let it be a year, two, three, even five years worth of dailies. This will still provide incentive for the completionists while also setting a goal to aim for rather than a deep hole without bottom and the “miss it today and its gone forever” mentality.

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Can we at least have non fire themed stuff again? CoF, molten weapons, a LOT of the unique exotic skins, the Molten gauntlets and now this. It’s getting old anet. Please try something new for once.

Posted by: Baz The Fallen.3627

Baz The Fallen.3627

I’m definitely looking forward to this. My thought would be to make those points spent be permanent uses like the HOM rewards.

Spending points should NOT be limited to certain play styles. That’s one of the great things is this game can be played SO many different ways. Don’t focus as much on comparison to others.

Blackgate(NA/EU)

Posted by: Teriddax.3105

Teriddax.3105

those Destroyer armour skins alone (and the other two) r enough to get me interested when i’ve been jaded by the past few updates
i’m still searching for a signature look for my char (something i’m passionate about since Transmog in WOW) if they give us a wide variety of impressive and colourful (not bland steel) armor and weapon skins through the Achievement reward system, I will gladly forget all the RNG bullkitten in the past (I will NEVER let the Fused Weapon fiasco go :P).
Even if the skins initially released aren’t to my liking, the potential for future skin releases with this system

Posted by: Emma J.1940

Emma J.1940

Please leave the achievement points for dailies how they are. A lot of people have complained about them but I bet they are mostly hard core players with high scores. I play 3 or 4 times a week and I try to get the daily when I’m on. Yes its great to do some long hard achievement but often I don’t have the time or the skill. Most of the time I manage to get the dailies while I’m trying to complete an area’s exploration. It’s a great bonus and I feel like I’m getting some thing even if I can’t always manage the big stuff. I’m trying to save up the laurels for some good gear.

But just because I’m a more casual player why should I be penailzed for how I chose to play the game?

If you play a lot you’ll get more ache. points so you can get better things thats fair, leave it how it is.

I do agree that a special bonus should be given for completing various ranks, eg complete all the slayer tracks and get a perminant defence bonus, finish 20 jumping puzzles (which I find really hard!) and get a speed bonus or a black lion master salvage kit etc.

So please let every one gain the achievement points how they wish to, that’s why there are choices on the dailes, so everyone can play how they like.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Why? Disagree 100%. As veteran players complete more and more achievements, potential AP earning rate would continually dwindle if it weren’t for AP for Dailies. What would be your reason for wanting to exclude dailies?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Or cap them, or make sure the reward structure naturally caps them where you don’t need to do years worth of dailies to catch up with those who never stopped doing them.

Seeing as the achievements for living story give you points as well, people that played longer than you did will always have an advantage. In fact, i’m surprised that someone even suggests they shouldn’t have any. They did play longer than you did, after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Oh, ok, I get it. People wanting dailies to not count are worried that people that play daily will earn more points than them? Huh? I never have understood the mentality of people obsessed with the fact that others might be able to earn perks more quickly than them, or get resentful if rewards are retroactive. I’m glad that my game play will be rewarded and I’ll earn what ever I earn. What others earn when and how isn’t relevant. I have the same potential to earn points as anyone else and I can’t begrudge people with more time, more focus or a more productive past earning AP.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Yeah super excited, but worried they’ll do something like:

You can buy these shoulders if you use 9000000 pts & 250 Charged Loadstone & 250 Oricalcum & a Gift of Awesome!