Account Achievement reward system

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Limiting the daily stuff like some people are suggesting here is troublesome. We are supposed to play how we want. Some people like doing dailies. Just because you don’t like doing dailies doesn’t mean you need to try and take away from what someone else likes to do. Achievements that take longer grant more points. Dailies grant a few points because they are done every day.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Limiting the daily stuff like some people are suggesting here is troublesome. We are supposed to play how we want. Some people like doing dailies. Just because you don’t like doing dailies doesn’t mean you need to try and take away from what someone else likes to do. Achievements that take longer grant more points. Dailies grant a few points because they are done every day.

Except they don’t, you can get up to 15 points a day off dailies, whereas earning a legendary weapon gives you 5. Do you see the problem here? Playing the game like a chore will get you more rewards than actually going for interesting and unique goals.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

This sounds really awesome! I can’t wait to see how this will work.

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

I love what ANet added here, I really do, this is something new and refreshing and I hope it will be something like HoM rewards!
Though I do agree with people that dailies should NOT reward achi points. I am not finding it as ’’fair’’ balance…also with the fact that many, many new players will always be left behind with achi points compared to a person who did dailies for months…
I have 6k achi points…and guess what? Majority of that is from dailies and monthlies…
Lately I am hardly finding time to play the game…I stay on for an hour, max…and instead to enjoy the game, I must do dailies, so I don’t fall back with achi points, karma nor laurels. I know that this is optional…but I would have been fine with it if dailies just rewarded karma, xp and laurels…not achi points.
Respect to all the people who like dailies, I like them too…but doing them every day can be a pain, especially if you only have an hour to spare for gaming…(And daily normally takes 45 mins to get completed…with my pace.)

Feanor

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Except they don’t, you can get up to 15 points a day off dailies, whereas earning a legendary weapon gives you 5. Do you see the problem here? Playing the game like a chore will get you more rewards than actually going for interesting and unique goals.

seems like to me that people are complaining because some achievements should be worth more and since they are not they want everyone else to suffer because they have other goals outside of their interests.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The current dailies are fine. Taking the time to do them every day is an achievement. People have more to do than just play games you know.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Albert Of Tyria.2149

Albert Of Tyria.2149

Excuse me but, you will have to spent your AP at an NPC, or when you will earn XXX AP you wil get a redward?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Excuse me but, you will have to spent your AP at an NPC, or when you will earn XXX AP you wil get a redward?

I assume the latter, since Anet downright stated they will not add any more currencies.
A developer once said that on the forums but it’s been a month, I don’t think I can find that post.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Super excited for the upcoming patch! I doubt they’d go with the “reach X amount of achievement points to unlock Y” even though I personally wouldn’t have much trouble with this system (+9000 points) but more in the style “get all achievements in the fashion category to unlock a special back item” (a cape fit for an emperor, would be sweet!).

Regardless of how they decide to go with this it’s rather nice to see this type of an update

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I’m guessing you unlock tiers of rewards via AP. Like others, I’m hoping it works like the Hall of Monuments unlocks, where once you unlock a skin, you have access to as many account bound copies of that skin as you want from a special vendor.

For those that don’t know, Hall of Monuments allows GW1 players to unlock various tiers of cosmetic gear and titles for use in GW2. Legacy players with a GW1 account attached to their GW2 account get an object that allows them to teleport to the Hall of Monuments instance, where there is a vendor that offers skins you’ve unlocked at no cost.

If the new system works similar to that, I’ll be very happy.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Remove achievement points from dailies and remove these points from total count!

agree 100%… those are too much worth for the little effort and people who are able to spend 24/7 in the game will have the best rewards instantly and would complain about no new rewards for them. On the opposing front people who aren’t online every day will never get near the highest ranked rewards. Just speculation of course.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m guessing you unlock tiers of rewards via AP. Like others, I’m hoping it works like the Hall of Monuments unlocks, where once you unlock a skin, you have access to as many account bound copies of that skin as you want from a special vendor.

For those that don’t know, Hall of Monuments allows GW1 players to unlock various tiers of cosmetic gear and titles for use in GW2. Legacy players with a GW1 account attached to their GW2 account get an object that allows them to teleport to the Hall of Monuments instance, where there is a vendor that offers skins you’ve unlocked at no cost.

I’m hoping the new system works like that too.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Remove achievement points from dungeons, jumping puzzles and story content too. Those all already give rewards.

Better yet, just give me achievement points and don’t give them to anyone else. It will make me feel elite.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t think the rewards will be extremely expensive in points anyway.

Prepare to be wrong.

I’d love it if they used an account wide unlock system similair to the HoM rewards, unfortunately I suspect ArenaNet will go the route of ascended items and make it incredibly difficult for people with multiple characters by “consuming” achievement points and only giving a single item which has to be given to a selected character. They have been making steady progress in making the game hell for people with alts every update since they introduced DR in dungeons and the first ascended items, I don’t see why they would stop here.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’m confused by the people who want to remove points from dailies.

Is the fact that people have more points then you really bugging you? Do you think the new skins are limited and if somebody gets them before you that you can’t get them?

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I’m hoping the new system works like that too.

I also hope this is the way they have the system. Being an altaholic i would be saddened if i had to “spend” achievement points to get each item. I really enjoyed how they put in the HoM system cause like i said being an altaholic i can get as many of an item as i want.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

looking forward to unlock system similar to hall of monuments !!!

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Achievements that take longer grant more points. Dailies grant a few points because they are done every day.

well it were ok if it was so, but it’s really not. Look at the WvW achievements for example. It takes much more time to get the same points when doing WvW instead of daylies.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, WvW achievements being seriously undervalued and/or impossible to max is a problem in its own. Also, WvW players can do PvE dailies now without stepping out of WvW areas.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I think this must be a silly question, but will these items I’ve unlocked, say new skins, stay available like the ones people get in the Hall of Monuments? As in, provided I unlock them I can access them as many times as I want on as many chars as I want? Or will they be a one-char, one-time only thing? They say permanent, but I’m not sure if this applies to the fact that the system is permanent, or the rewards …

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I think this must be a silly question, but will these items I’ve unlocked, say new skins, stay available like the ones people get in the Hall of Monuments? As in, provided I unlock them I can access them as many times as I want on as many chars as I want? Or will they be a one-char, one-time only thing? They say permanent, but I’m not sure if this applies to the fact that the system is permanent, or the rewards …

well i sure hope they are permanent like hall of monuments!

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’m very much looking forward to this update. Sounds like some good content and a set up for more great content further down the road.

Remove achievement points from dailies and remove these points from total count!

100% sign

Another 100% here.

0% Here. Points are points.

0% Here too. I see no logic in handicapping your ability to gain rewards. It is folly.

p.s. – I also hope also you can choose the reward yourself, rather than having it chosen for you. The latter has not worked so well for me so far.

And 0% here too.
A point is a point and every way used to obtain it is legit.
Let’s stop with the competitive nonsense about AP.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

This is a double edged sword. I like the idea of tying aesthetic rewards to achievement score. It’s a really nice incentive to check things off that list and a bonus for people that were doing that anyways for the joy of completion/content consumption/challenge. Over-all, an excellent addition.

But now Anet, and the typical forum users get to look forward to dozens upon dozens of QQ posts from people that think achievement skins mean they are “forced” to do dailies, PvP, WvW, and jumping puzzles, or will be permanently behind if they missed a LSE achievement. Because it’s not fair that other people that may have more time to spend playing and might be a little better at the game, or have more diverse playing habits, can get a fancy boot skin before them.

It actually looks like we are starting to see that already with some players thinking daily scores aren’t fair now.

I hope Anet has a nice public service announcement prepared for skin-vy induced rage posts that everyone can defer players to for self edification.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

now AP is turned into a currency …. #facepalm
Its like goint to work everyday and then you earn your salary as a “BONUS” or “Achievement”.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

now AP is turned into a currency …. #facepalm
Its like goint to work everyday and then you earn your salary as a “BONUS” or “Achievement”.

Has it been confirmed that achievements will be a currency or you will get unlocks based on achievement milestones? I’m not sure there is enough information to make any safe assumptions either way. We have precedence for two systems: HoM and Glory.

HoM used milestones. Glory tracks lifetime total earned to unlock vendors and that number is preserved regardless of what you do or do not spend at those glory vendors.

But that doesn’t necessarily mean they will use either. People might want to roll up their jump-to-conclusions mats for a little while longer.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

This a step in the right direction, very exicited to see the rewards from here on out.
Tie this along with balacing out the Effort/Reward system for dungeons will really put the game back on track.

Nearly 9k achivement points here, looking forward to seeing the new armor, weapons =D

brunobyof.3541

They didn’t say about turning anything into currency. I did.
Because, once you give rewards for accumulating points, then there you have a currency. One can argue about semantics, whatever…
Now people will become even more like:

“OMG, i almost forgot to compelte my Daily! NOOO i need to get my reward X”

I mean, the whole point for achievement is being lost, that is completing a task that demands a huge effort.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Dailies will need to be removed from the achievement system or this will just become another daily reward that takes time to get like laurels.

Over half of the total achievement points available come from dailies and monthlies. You could do every achievement in the game and you wouldn’t even be in the top 100,000 in the leaderboards. The reward system will never work with dailies in the system because it will mean either some people are completely excluded, or most people have the content trivialized by dailies. There is no way to balance it except to remove it completely and let dailies be dailies, and achievements be achievements.

brunobyof.3541

This my friend, sux a lot.
Totally agree

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well some ‘new’ info about it, here. Still no info on how we receive them or if we can get them multiple times.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

It’s interesting how its worded as “unlocked” instead of " purchased"

Uther Deathhand.1570

That’s exactly what i was thinking, i like unlocked much better than purchased.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

That’s exactly what i was thinking, i like unlocked much better than purchased.

Yeah sounds like it will be like the HoM.

Although I imagine the gem, gold etc rewards will be once only for obvious reasons.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But now Anet, and the typical forum users get to look forward to dozens upon dozens of QQ posts from people that think achievement skins mean they are “forced” to do dailies

We’re already “forced” to do dailies, due to the high laurel prices on ascended (and other) stuff. No change there.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

people will always complain no matter what Anet does, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

I hope there are some things that we of the top 1000 will still need to save for.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Unfortunately those aren’t mutually exclusive.

More likely than not you will “unlock” the rewards with achievement point thresholds and then “purchase” them for ectos and gold.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

More likely than not you will “unlock” the rewards with achievement point thresholds and then “purchase” them for ectos and gold.

That wouldnt make sense, since the news state you can get currency rewards. Buy gold for ectos and gold?

I just hope its worth it. I’m still missing a truckload of gold for a precursor but it wouldnt surprise me the slightest if its “Hey you got 7000 acheivement points? Wow, that’s alot! Here’s, have this mansize heavy super quality bag of golden coins for your effort!”. Opens bag – 59 silver and 400 karma.

We all know what Anets definition of reward is.

Posted by: Arthur.9243

Arthur.9243

Wow two real opposing pov’s here. As someone with 7800 achv. points I don’t mind if they strip the ones from dailies and or monthlies from my total score.

However, at the same time I totally agree with people that believe that daily ap should count towards total score. Sadly, the community is never going to agree on this no matter what course of action Anet takes. People will always be divided over haves and haves not

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Inc massive QQ from casuals who gets skins 2-3 weeks after hardcore players.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Posted by: the end.2039

the end.2039

Yep, see this coming too…
Don’t get why people aren’t accepting the simple rule: “If i spend half the time in something, it’s going to take me twice the time to accomplish it.”

(edited by the end.2039)

Uther Deathhand.1570

Yep, see this coming too…
Don’t get why people aren’t excepting the simple rule: “If i spend half the time in something, it’s going to take me twice the time to accomplish it.”

Yeah not really sure why so much of the population cant do simple math. Say two people want to get to a goal of 10 the first starts at 0 and adds one ever day. The second starts at 0 and adds five each day. Now can everyone agree that the second would reach that goal first?

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I see this as a way Anet thank players for spending that much time playing the game. So no drama for me. I still do stuff as I normally do and achievements/skins/whatever pop up once in a while.
Nevertheless, I do share the joy with the community and welcome this new system.

Posted by: toothless.1429

toothless.1429

Am hoping these achievement rewards are all cosmetic as opposed to the possibility of ascended gear being thrown into the mix.

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

Did you seriously earn a Legendary for the Achv Points?
Really?
I know if I earned a Legendary I couldn’t care less if it came with 5AP or 500AP. I just earned an awesome kick-kitten weapon- not to mention all the Slayer, Weapon Master, Dungeoning etc AP completion deeds I did while getting said Legendary…

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

That said, I’m excited to see what comes of this. Hopefully the reward tiers aren’t ridiculously high. As in only the people that are like top of leaderboard can attain at release (10k points). Hopefully they are a lot more reasonable. Looking forward to it at least.

My guess is that anybody who has put basic effort into the game will get something - much like with the HoM. Of course, having more points will give you shinier items and bonuses, but it wouldn’t make sense to gate this too harshly when the point is to give us as a general playerbase a reward for our efforts in-game.

I would assume it’s going to be that if you’ve played a little, you’d get a little, if you’ve played some more you get more, etc., based on how it’s been described in the info they’ve released so far.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its interesting how ppl starts crying now after new rewards was anounced. Why you dont whine before ha? I know you dont get your new shiny rewards instantly! You actualy must do something for it! And you was lazy before so you cant reach that instantly now. What a horror! Some ppl really need man up..

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

That said, I’m excited to see what comes of this. Hopefully the reward tiers aren’t ridiculously high. As in only the people that are like top of leaderboard can attain at release (10k points). Hopefully they are a lot more reasonable. Looking forward to it at least.

My guess is that anybody who has put basic effort into the game will get something - much like with the HoM. Of course, having more points will give you shinier items and bonuses, but it wouldn’t make sense to gate this too harshly when the point is to give us as a general playerbase a reward for our efforts in-game.

I would assume it’s going to be that if you’ve played a little, you’d get a little, if you’ve played some more you get more, etc., based on how it’s been described in the info they’ve released so far.

I do hope there are a decent number of “easy” to obtain rewards. But I do want some gated content, it gives something for people to work for (at whatever pace they want to). Just look at http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lucky_and_Unlucky from gw1 (I really hope something like this gets put in). For the first ~2 years of the game, you only had a limited time to earn points (and no where near enough to max either). Even after you could get points for it else where it was expensive as anything (~1k-2k gp equivalent for gw2 currency) but it was something you could do a little at a time. Maybe not make it as extreme, but if it was, I don’t think I’d complain.

If it goes by total achievement points and the top ranked person only has enough to get 50%-75% of the rewards, isn’t that a good thing? It gives other people something to work for, at their own pace, in their own way. If it goes by achievement category then if someone doesn’t have a specific thing for X skin or bonus then they can do that to work on it.

My only concern, 1) I would like a combination of achievement specific rewards and also total achievement rewards (I think if it was one or the other it would exude some type of players). And 2), for achievement specific rewards, they shouldn’t mix things, meaning: if you play PvP you should only be getting PvP centered rewards, WvW should get WvW rewards, etc. It would be silly for someone who loves PvP and hates PvE to have to go “grind” for points in PvE to get a PvP reward that was based off of total achievement points. Same goes for WvW. They should just stay with their statements of rewarding us no matter how we want to play the game.

Finally I wouldn’t care if they balanced some of the achievements more (and added more in).

Posted by: xanxus.7302

xanxus.7302

IMO daily achiev’s are there to keep the world populated and this points are the reward. I get that may be “too easy” to some but that keeps the casual players in the game and the world alive i for one would hate to lose the way you play with random ppl while you do your daily 4 events in X area that is gw2 philosophie,as is do what you want play how you want and everyone gets rewarded.