Achievement chest rewards -WARNING

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Kilrik.6320

Kilrik.6320

I am happy with the new achievement rewards since Bazaar of the Four Winds. The chests offer something in return for the effort players put forth towards achievements; however, I am displeased that rewards are not all account bound. I was recently leveling a guardian and my chest popped. Awesome! Laurels, gold, buffs, and the new skins. I selected the recurve bow skin for my ranger. BAD IDEA….chests are account bound, the skin is SOULBOUND TO THE CHARACTER THAT SELECTS IT not after application. Be careful you don’t make the same mistake I did in my haste. WHY is the skin soulbound? If it is account bound I can’t sell it. I just wanted to grab a skin for another character, and now I have to throw it away since my guardian cannot even use it.

Posted by: Friggarn.9451

Friggarn.9451

Additional skins are available in the achievement pane….

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Kilrik, it’s actually unlocked on your achievement tab, just like HoM rewards.

Don’t panic, you just withdraw it on the character you want it on

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

You can continue to get skins as many times as you want from the achievement panel.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Unfortunately for me I picked Shortbow and it gave me the Staff for some reason. O_o;;;;
So my achievement was totally wasted. None of my characters use Staff or ever will. ~.~

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Kilrik.6320

The point is moot. The skin ends up in achievement panel for any and all characters to draw out. First skin is automatically deposited in inventory of character that selected it.
The system is actually very similar to Hall of Monuments. I spoke to soon. Sorry and please disregard…

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

As others have said, the skin itself is soul bound, but you can create more copies on other characters. What this also means is you can create a PVP copy without fear of losing the chance of a PVE copy.

Kilrik.6320

Thanks for responses wish I researched more before posting….

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Thanks for responses wish I researched more before posting….

Eh, we’re all guilty of it from time to time.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

At least it turned out to be a good result for you Kilrik, despite the initial reaction.

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Happened to me aswell (and I thought, I could just withdraw one skin per day, which was/is wrong on the wiki), so I just converted that skin into an sPvP skin.

Posted by: Devon.9375

Devon.9375

Yeah, I selected the sword skin but I got the GS skin, seems I’m not the only one with this problem…

(edited by Devon.9375)

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Perhaps edit your OP
They could make it account bound regardless, I did the same thing and thought “soulbound?”. I knew I could take another one out – it just doesn’t seem to make sense.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Ranglon Hoth.9706

Ranglon Hoth.9706

I have a question that ties in with this thread. Last night I mistakenly opened my PVP box with a character I don’t ever intend to do PVP with. all of the items were soul bound to him. Please tell me that the PVP items work the same way and I can get them for any Character on my account. If not it was a total waste. Thanks in advance. PS I’m a PVP noob and probably should know this but I don’t. I plan to start PVP eventually but right now I play PVE only.

Posted by: Paken Kai.5970

Paken Kai.5970

I have a question that ties in with this thread. Last night I mistakenly opened my PVP box with a character I don’t ever intend to do PVP with. all of the items were soul bound to him. Please tell me that the PVP items work the same way and I can get them for any Character on my account. If not it was a total waste. Thanks in advance. PS I’m a PVP noob and probably should know this but I don’t. I plan to start PVP eventually but right now I play PVE only.

Deposit them into your PvP locker and they become retrievable by any character on your account.

Edit: Also don’t put “PvP” and “Bank” together with a space between them on the forums, the censoring will make it very bad for you..

Paken Kai – Ranger
Raven’s Talon [RT]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Paken Kai.5970)

Posted by: Ranglon Hoth.9706

Ranglon Hoth.9706

Thanks Paken I appreciate your response and it good to know about the locker!

Posted by: Donaga.3980

Donaga.3980

There seem to be some kind of bug right now: I selected the greatsword achievement skin, but I got the staff instead Here I read more people got it and some of my friends also had this problem. Anet fix this!

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

For everyone getting the wrong skin when picking from the achievement chest please post here so a dev will see it.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

(edited by Uther Deathhand.1570)

Donaga.3980

Good idea Uther, i just did it. Let’s hope this bug gets fixed soon and we get the possibility to reroll this one achievement skin.

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The OP still have a point though.

The fact that it is soul bound, you cannot simply pass down the weapon to your alts. If I re-skinned a Greatsword for example with my Guardian, and my Guardian picked up a better one, the re-skinned weapon is now trash even though my Warrior or my Mesmer or my Ranger can use them.

The HoM skins are account bound and it works really well with “hand-me-down” weapons.

There is a “workaround” to pass down weapons, but meh, too much hassle. Since the skins are available for all characters in the account anyway, why they didn’t just simply made it account bound.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Donaga.3980

Sir vincent, just throw away your first re-skinned greatsword, and re-skin the new better one. Done.

The achievement point weapon skins are EXACTLY the same like HoM skins. No need for a “workaround” or whatsoever.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

The OP still have a point though.

The fact that it is soul bound, you cannot simply pass down the weapon to your alts.

Press H (hero panel), go to achievements tab, select the weapon you unlocked and press Withdraw. On ANY character.
So no, the OP doesn’t have a point, although the mention of the weapon being “soulbound” might suggest otherwise. You can get the unlocked weapon skin on all characters of the account.