Adnar is Leaving a bad taste in the mouth

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

For a number of reasons:

1) He is still bugged and despite numerous reports of one the most obvious problems (Sig move carrying over to the next game) No response – No fix

2) Maybe I’m being cynical, but how convenient that a fix for food items was almost immediate yet they ‘forgot’ about Rejuvenation boosters – How much have sales of Black Lion keys to open chests gone up I wonder?

Since using the boosters provides an even greater effect than the best food items and that was considered an exploit – the fact that players can/are using boosters was posted almost immediately after the ‘fix’ and yet no further fix has been forthcoming.

One can only assume that this particular ‘exploit’ is acceptable because the only way to open the RNG chests containing the boosters is to purchase Gems to buy Keys.

3) Finally – Despite overwhelming (make that unanimous) criticism of the sheer difficulty which can not be overcome by skill, Despite the fact that not one single player has come out to say they have ‘enjoyed’ playing Adnar in particular, Anet appears to be stubbornly refusing to change the game to make it fairer and enjoyable for players.

Seriously, what is the point of creating content that NO ONE is enjoying?

Many players will be put off ever playing this great game ever again because of very poor execution.

All leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Reason number 4: because he’s goading you into drinking Raw Omnomberry Juice, which tastes terrible.

Kidding aside though, yeah. The Adnar fight is IMPOSSIBRU without a regen booster. I was lucky to have already had one in the bank from a while back. And it still look me 45 minutes of repeated failed attempts to beat him.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Posted by: Finix.8672

Finix.8672

You mean using the booster that gives 9 hp a second vs these people?

Daroon.1736

I just find this particular situation very saddening, The whole 2 week new content idea is inspired and on the whole, all of it has been superbly engaging – particularly this latest release. Yet, far from players lauding their efforts (which they rightly deserve) someone is badly dropping the ball on virtually every release by not responding quickly when huge numbers of players have concerns about (usually) one particular aspect.

Last release it was the difficult dungeon that no-one wanted to play and the fact that the game lacks the tools to locate those players that do and this time it’s Adnar and to a lesser extent (and much more difficult to solve) the problem of Lag in the racing game.

Daroon.1736

You mean using the booster that gives 9 hp a second vs these people?

Rejuvenation Booster gives 100hp a second at lvl 80, but not having tried one, you may well be correct as it could scale to level.

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

just keep bluffing, if he belches use heal and belch (order doesn’t matter too much), it’s better to have your bluff belched than your heal, if he doesn’t belch quickly he just drinks himself down as he doesn’t bluff himself. I won’t deny the norn requires luck as you need to get lucky to belch one of heals in the battle or you’ll lose for sure.

Daroon.1736

just keep bluffing, if he belches use heal and belch (order doesn’t matter too much), it’s better to have your bluff belched than your heal, if he doesn’t belch quickly he just drinks himself down as he doesn’t bluff himself. I won’t deny the norn requires luck as you need to get lucky to belch one of heals in the battle or you’ll lose for sure.

Thanks for the advice but this is not a personal ’it’s too hard – I can’t do it’ whine – I have already beaten him on 3 characters – My point is – It wasn’t in the least bit fun, Anet should be fully aware of that from the number of threads, views and posts by others and why do they stubbornly refuse to comment or change things when something is clearly wrong.

I personally would have much more respect for the Dev’s if someone would man up and communicate honestly with players, whether that’s ‘stop moaning and don’t play it if you don’t enjoy it’ – ’We’re leaving the boosters as is because we need to make money to fund development’ or ‘We simply do not have time or money to fix minor issues that don’t cripple gameplay’

Any of the above would IMHO be better PR and would likely be met with much more positive response than simply ignoring players.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I just find this particular situation very saddening, The whole 2 week new content idea is inspired and on the whole, all of it has been superbly engaging – particularly this latest release. Yet, far from players lauding their efforts (which they rightly deserve) someone is badly dropping the ball on virtually every release by not responding quickly when huge numbers of players have concerns about (usually) one particular aspect.

It just demonstrates that with this sort of schedule there are always going to be a huge amount of bugs and probably not as much bug fixing as required because the schedule is too onerous with their resources.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree he was tough, and the less time one has to spare the more frustrating. I did do him without regen, using a posted strat.

I think the thing most puzzling is why he sounds like an Asura.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Seriously, what is the point of creating content that NO ONE is enjoying?

Achievement Point Grinding.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Who is “Adnar”?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Adnul, and as far as the conspiracy theory about boosters goes….

Aren’t you able to get regen boosters from the free achievement chests they give out? Pretty sure I’ve gotten a couple from there.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

kitten , i love it now that he’s difficult and ppl are qqing. took me ages to win. wish he wasn’t made easier….well not much

(edited by wolfie.7296)

Posted by: baflgraf.1472

baflgraf.1472

kitten , i love it now that he’s difficult and ppl are qqing. took me ages to win. wish he wasn’t made easier….well not much

The problem is not whether or not Adnul is difficult. The problem is that the content is buggy.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Huh, I had no idea you could use regen when playing him. I tried the game for the first time yesterday, and beat all the NPCs (including Adnul). Took me less than 10 games to beat him (the easiest three I beat on the first game). He was hard, sure, but you just have to figure out how he works. It was a little frustrating, but satisfying once I finally beat him.