Adnul Irongut - glitched (Belcher's Bluff)

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Kalyani.1453

Kalyani.1453

As the title says, Adnul Irongut is still glitched. Adnul will belch more than once in a row during a belch match with him. He will sometimes even damage me without belching (perhaps due to his bluff carrying over to a new game). Also, Adnul will sometimes still spam his bluff during a match, despite the update notes saying he’s “calmed down.” These glitches are making Adnul very hard/frustrating to beat. I have even logged off for the rest of the day at points due to my irritation.

P.S. – I’ve also noticed that when I punish Adnul with a belch, sometimes it will do very little damage, while other times, it will do a huge amount of damage…almost as if my critical percentage and damage were somehow affecting the game.

This post is about the annoying glitches, not me QQ’ing over how hard it is. I would just like a fair game.

Posted by: Playmate.8521

Playmate.8521

hes impossible – i tried it some hours……………. -.-

Posted by: Feanturo.2059

Feanturo.2059

Did it yesterday after 1 1/2 hour he´s only defeatable with a lot of RNG luck. I dont think that is intended^^

Posted by: SkeeLd.2164

SkeeLd.2164

I hate him. I hate this belcher’s buff bullkitten and all norn and that stupid place Hoelbrak. I hate him so much, with such passion. I. Hate. Him.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I followed the strategy someone posted in another thread (search my posts, you’ll see my THANK YOU) and he was a one-shot using that. A bit close at the end but it worked.

Question on the belching, are you watching your own health? You do much more damage if your health is low when you belch, which might explain the variation.

Kalyani.1453

I have been watching my health, and the damage still varies. For instance, today I was below 1000 hp when I belched, and I did very little damage to Adnul. This has happened both when Adnul had high health, and when he had low health, so the glitch is independent of the health of Adnul and I.

Thank you for the guide BTW. I would’ve won today using those techniques had my belch not glitched and done very little damage >_<

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Adnul is pretty impossible. Seems like once he gets around 60% health he uses critique non-stop, and then uses belch during the 1-2 turns when he’s not using critique…. However, after reading some thread about boosters I used a rejuv booster that I had sitting in my bank and was able to barely defeat him (1 drink away from death, fortunately there’s an achievement for that).

Posted by: FernandoCruz.7036

FernandoCruz.7036

You need to use the sig obtained from defeating the sylvari. According to dulfy, you need to use belch as your first move, and he is also described as “very hard”, so surprise surprise it will be very hard to beat him. Luck does also play a part in defeating him at low health, because you will need to rotate between belch, water and drink when he uses his buff, and hope he doesn’t re-use his buff again before you heal some more. He is not impossible, he is just very hard.

Kalyani.1453

This is about him being GLITCHED...not about how I haven’t beaten him yet. Although I appreciate your help, this thread is getting side-tracked.

Posted by: ilovemagdab.9724

ilovemagdab.9724

kitten this guy he uses his buff so many times not even a dev can do this with out cheating. Fix this kitten this achievement is dumb.

Posted by: DinosaurIRL.2498

DinosaurIRL.2498

The game is broken and this is why.

To win you really need to block 2 of his drinks and not get blocked about the typically 3 times a game he has the chance. This is with the best boast strategy. Each game will take typically 5 minutes, so to get the 2 blocks and avoid the typical 3 chances he will have to block you means an outcome of about 2^5, 32 games, multiply that by the 5 minutes of each game means the average player has to spend 2 hours and 40 minutes to win.

A patch has came out the other day that didn’t fix it, nor did it fix the simple remedying of critique carrying over to the next game. ArenaNet is just ignoring this issue and I’m stuck between trying over and over with the annoying prospect that it could be patched tomorrow.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Ever since someone helped me out with the Box O Fun trick I’ve been telling everyone who has had the displeasure of playing against bugged Adnul.

Set up a Box O Fun right before playing him, set it to anything really, petrify I hear is the best. Start the bluff challenge with him, on your turn use the box, sit back and watch as Adnul drinks himself to death while you are invulnerable.

Works 100%. If Anet isn’t going to fix a bugged encounter, then odds are they won’t fix this loophole either.

Enjoy!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Ever since someone helped me out with the Box O Fun trick I’ve been telling everyone who has had the displeasure of playing against bugged Adnul.

Set up a Box O Fun right before playing him, set it to anything really, petrify I hear is the best. Start the bluff challenge with him, on your turn use the box, sit back and watch as Adnul drinks himself to death while you are invulnerable.

Works 100%. If Anet isn’t going to fix a bugged encounter, then odds are they won’t fix this loophole either.

Enjoy!

They fixed all the other loopholes after they were posted in the forums without fixing the mob, so I would do this as soon as you can if you want to.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300