ArenaNet Reward Chests... What Am I Missing?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

So far I’ve received two of the daily reward chests for my banked A-Net Points. Both contained several PvP armor pieces – the problem is, they’re a mix (medium/light/heavy) and are all SOULBOUND (not even account bound), so I can’t do anything with them – can’t give them to alts that use that armor type… can’t put them in the Mystic Forge… can’t even salvage them for a paltry amount of mats.

What am I missing? Is the only thing I can do with them trash them?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you put them into the PvP Locker they become Soulbound on Acquire, so any of your characters can use them.

Apparently you can do that just by picking ‘deposit collectables’ but you can also go to the Heart of the Mists, turn to your right and put them in the locker manually.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Alex.3907

Alex.3907

The soulbound flag on PvP armour is misleading. In fact, they are functionally account bound: place the items in your PvP locker (you can dump them there by selecting “deposit all collectibles”) and the flag will be removed until the item is retrieved again. This can be repeated indefinitely.

ImagoX.4718

Sorry, I’ve been playing since release, but I never PvP… what’s the “PVP locker”? Come to think of it, I do think they disappeared out of my inventory when I deposited my collectibles – are you saying they’re in the PvP area, and not in the bank/collections somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Posted by: Alex.3907

Alex.3907

Sorry, I’ve been playing since release, but I never PvP… what’s the “PVP locker”? Come to think of it, I do think they disappeared out of my inventory when I deposited my collectibles – are you saying they’re in the PvP area, and not in the bank/collections somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Correct. Head to the PvP lobby, then make a U-turn to the right. The lockers will be right ahead of you.

ImagoX.4718

You guys are the best – thanks for the tip. That makes a lot more sense now…

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

You guys are the best – thanks for the tip. That makes a lot more sense now…

My friend, you’ve been missing out on something very essential for this game. The PvP locker allows you to preview all armor/weapons availible in-game. Meaning you can mix/match gear to see how they would look without having to google for game tags.

First thing I do when something new gets released is to go straight to the PvP locker and start seeing if it looks cool with other stuff.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

My friend, you’ve been missing out on something very essential for this game. The PvP locker allows you to preview all armor/weapons availible in-game. Meaning you can mix/match gear to see how they would look without having to google for game tags.

First thing I do when something new gets released is to go straight to the PvP locker and start seeing if it looks cool with other stuff.

Wow I didn’t know about that either. I’m glad you shared that so I can take a look. Now if I could only find this mysterious land called PvP.

The Burninator

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

Wow I didn’t know about that either. I’m glad you shared that so I can take a look. Now if I could only find this mysterious land called PvP.

There should be an icon of crossed swords on the top left corner of your screen. Click on that and then click on the bar to Enter The Mist or whatever it says.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Keep in mind however a lot of sets have different names for their PVP versions, and some PvP armor pieces do not even exist in PvE. However that is a very small amount.

Posted by: Bellefon.1259

Bellefon.1259

What am I missing? Is the only thing I can do with them trash them?

Another thing to keep in mind that may not be obvious — you can salvage anything you either don’t want to keep, or already has a copy stored in your PvP locker. Use special PvP salvage kits bought with glory from Glory Vendors in Heart of the Mists. The regular salvage kits won’t work on PvP items.

This will break them down into component PvP crafting materials that also can be stored up to 250 a stack in your locker as well.

I trashed many items before I realized this :/