Basket Findings-Post Your Results!

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

So I traveled through all the zones getting every basket I could find. I got about 120+.
Here is what I was rewarded with. This total took me about 2g in waypoint cost and 1-2 hours.

-about 600 quartz crystals
-10 exotic celestial recipies. The one that was most profitable was worth 20s, the rest were around 5s.
-5 Fortune things. Total of 17 fortune scraps

Conclusion- I find it more fun and rewarding to do the race instead of farming baskets if you want to get a chance at the skins. Considering the baskets are once a day, I’d have to go through the entire map for 10 days doing this to have close of a chance of getting it, unless you get a gold.

Has anyone else tried this? What did you get?

Posted by: LkPr.5014

LkPr.5014

wow only 17 scraps… I was hoping to get at least 1 headpiece and 1 backpiece, so 400 scraps :s … this could take awhile

Lileath – Day 1 Ranger
Koravin – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle representing GAF

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

The fortunes drop from mobs everywhere at what felt like a higher rate than dragon coffers, and that’s where I’ve got most of my scraps. The baskets seem to be more for the achievement and quartz than anything.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: LkPr.5014

LkPr.5014

oh OK thanks for the heads up! I hadn’t really even been killing any mobs since I’ve just been exploring the new area and what not. I’ll have to get out and give it a try later today see how the drop rates are.

Lileath – Day 1 Ranger
Koravin – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle representing GAF

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

dragon coffers probably dropped well over 50% more than the rare fortune drop items, at least for me.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Out of about 100 baskets I’ve gotten 2 fortunes amounting to 7 scraps. Also bought a stack of 25 and got 78 scraps. I have yet to see one drop in two days of solid play.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I only did the required 30 (2x bags each).

Mostly Quartz. But I did get one celestial recipe. Got two fortunes (5 scraps) from killing mobs around them though. Haven’t seen any fortunes drop since though.

I will agree that in general the drop rate of fortunes are not at all like the coffers were. Which is kind of disappointing. But there is a handful of ways to get the skins and recipes so I guess its not a huge deal.

Baskets in general feel harder to farm anyways. Not as many on a map. And the ones you already visited show up on the map. So chances are you’ll have to change zones frequently instead of staying in one zone(may be what they were trying to do). Not to mention the daily timer is just kind of strange. Not like Quartz isn’t easy to come by. :/

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I was looking at the fortune scraps on the TP and they seem really overpriced. 5 for what, 120 gems? I think it is a max of 5 fortune scraps per opening (if you’re lucking).