Bazaar of the Four Winds Arc

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: zabriel.4852

zabriel.4852

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/july-09-2013/

This looks awesome. I feel like maybe, just maybe Guild Wars 2 will allow our characters to fly. I mean just think about it, Sky Pirates of Tyria? And now Bazaar of the Four Winds. Really looks like we might be able to fly in a new but distant future in gw2. What you guys think?

Zabriel Dusk

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Four winds? Tengu related?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tengu

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

lol, this thread was made just as I made mine My thoughts on Bazaar are over there.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: ithinkimhaunted.7412

ithinkimhaunted.7412

If by flying you mean on flying mounts, then no. You’re reading into things that aren’t there. The devs have already said that they don’t want mounts in the game for multiple reasons. That and the game is not designed for flying mounts, it would take a MASSIVE redesign of the way the zones work in order to implement flying mounts.

That and the fact that I will quit if they put them in.

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

If there is any flying in the game it would probably be on a rail (ex: classic zombie shooter games). Basically just an illusion that you would have no control over, but it could still be cool for an instance or a way to travel between clouds or platforms.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I wouldn’t be so sure, BlueSoda. It seems that Anet’s beginning going into aerial combat with Dragon Bash’s introduction of those launch pads. The Bazaar of the Four Winds may be introducing more launching mechanics, which can easily evolve into aerial combat if given the right incentive, motivation, and ingenuity.

Besides, we know that free movement in the air would be possible, given that we have underwater movement. Change animations and skills, and you more or less got it. Though I imagine it’d be a limited playstyle, such as unique unto dungeons or personal/living story instance or triggered by specific events.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

BlueSoda.6297

You have a good point Konig, I hadn’t considered how jumping pads would factor in. That could make some interesting combat, albeit frustrating for a lot of people lol (mostly me, I suck at jumping puzzles, haha).

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

lol guys, flight in this game can’t exist at all…
Just think about all that Jumping points everywhere, just turned obsolete by Flying!!!
He he:)

BlueSoda.6297

Just think about all that Jumping points everywhere, just turned obsolete by Flying!!!

Yeah but we could still do it in new dungeons.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: The Zed.7129

The Zed.7129

Yeah but we could still do it in new dungeons.

Or in PvP. I could envision an interesting PvP map involving some kind of Asuran “jet pack” that would allow for aerial combat.

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

I bet this new “movement skills” mentioned is more like a swiftness buff while doing a jumping puzzle.

Posted by: Fish.1657

Fish.1657

We’re going to get wings and be able to fly in restricted areas but for only a limited time (let’s call it a “Flight” bar) ….. Oh wait ….. That’s just Aion ….

STILL excited? :P

Posted by: Novack.8624

Novack.8624

As much as I LOVE all of this ideas of flying, I think everyone is way off the mark. The below exert is from an interview with website Polygon.

“In the upcoming Guild Wars 2 update, Bazaar of the Four Winds which will launch on July 9, players will be able to take part in Mario Kart-like races across a cliff in a floating city. Whiteside teased that players will be able to take advantage of air and elemental movement when they take part in the event, and the event itself will build on the existing storyline and grant access to new items and activities.”

Original Link : http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/2/4483984/how-arenanet-is-making-guild-wars-2-a-living-world

I would guess this is what ‘Movement’ is refering to !

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ So basically, Rollerbeetle Races, but in the sky? Would definitely try that.