Bazaar of the Four Winds preview/guides

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, to help you better prepare for tomorrow’s big patch, here are some previews and guides you might be interested.

This is a MASSIVE patch with tons of content and I think everyone will find something they like. There is a brand new Canthan themed zone, new weapon skins, new armor skins, new backpiece skins, 2 new minigames, new sPvP map, new crafting mats/recipes, massive scavenger hunt, tons of achievements. The zone will be here for 4 weeks but some of the stuff are only here for 2 weeks.

Overview (Get a basic idea of what this patch contains – contain least spoilers)

Achievements

Skins

Minigames

sPvP

Crafting

(edited by dulfy.1493)

Posted by: Barrons.7290

Barrons.7290

Thanks Dulfy!! always a pleasure to see sneak peaks from you =D

and speculation was correct a new zone!!! cant wait to go see it now sucks that it is only available for 4 weeks though.

(edited by Barrons.7290)

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Thanks for this! I’m actually pretty excited about the achievement rewards now! =)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

great as Always:

but weapon skin vid is set as private <=== fixed
While the last link for celestial recipes is broken :|

Can you tell me how to get other weapon skins like daggers for example?
Also if old achievement are taken in account.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

dulfy.1493

great as Always:

but weapon skin vid is set as private <=== fixed
While the last link for celestial recipes is broken :|

Can you tell me how to get other weapon skins like daggers for example?
Also if old achievement are taken in account.

Oops, link fixed. Yes old achievements are taken into account and you will have access to the full selection of weapon skins. Some may not be available until higher achievement milestones though.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If the guide is correct the price of some of the abundant items in TP will increase. Like silk, thick leather, mithril, elder woods, candy corn, Zhaitaffy so on. I wonder if the Zephyr sanctum supply boxes will be worth it.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Awesome! Thanks Dulfy.

I have to say, I’m very disappointed that the achievement armors are the same for all types.. I don’t think I can make a very good set with light armors with it. /sigh

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Awesome! Thanks Dulfy.

I have to say, I’m very disappointed that the achievement armors are the same for all types.. I don’t think I can make a very good set with light armors with it. /sigh

I actually like that they are the same, it will give light and medium armor users some much needed variation. Also I imagine these are only the beginning and a lot more will be added to achievement reward choices over time.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

You are godlike Dulfy. That is all.

I’m quite looking forward to this patch. Quite a lot of interesting things.

Leo Paul.1659

Awesome! Thanks Dulfy.

I actually like that they are the same, it will give light and medium armor users some much needed variation. Also I imagine these are only the beginning and a lot more will be added to achievement reward choices over time.

So far from the screenies we have, I feel like both radiant and hellfire armors are tailored for heavy users.. I imagine it would look good on my Sylvari Guardian, but will definitely not fit my mesmer. I wish they would cater to us light users a bit more considering the sky pirate light set looks worse than the other two.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

what do you mean “You can pick only one skin to unlock per achievement chest”? does it mean that, to get all zenith weapons, i’d need what, 10k achievement points? :/

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

BrunoBRS.5178

Awesome! Thanks Dulfy.

So far from the screenies we have, I feel like both radiant and hellfire armors are tailored for heavy users.. I imagine it would look good on my Sylvari Guardian, but will definitely not fit my mesmer. I wish they would cater to us light users a bit more considering the sky pirate light set looks worse than the other two.

sky pirate light armor looks awesome! if anything, it’s the heavy set that looks stupid.

but female characters got crappy versions of the awesome skins. i feel bad for female players, always feels like their skins are kinda crappy when compared to the male version. i bet they all play asuras to counter that :P

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

Hmm… I expect quite a few “comments” regarding the kite achievements. Especially when one of them is in Obsidian Sanctum again. The others aren’t in the easiest puzzles either. Maybe they’re trying to get players to do the least played puzzles.?

BrunoBRS.5178

Hmm… I expect quite a few “comments” regarding the kite achievements. Especially when one of them is in Obsidian Sanctum again. The others aren’t in the easiest puzzles either. Maybe they’re trying to get players to do the least played puzzles.?

but obsidian sanctum is awesome

dulfy.1493

what do you mean “You can pick only one skin to unlock per achievement chest”? does it mean that, to get all zenith weapons, i’d need what, 10k achievement points? :/

That seems like what they meant yes

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

26 achievements, some will take while to complete and we can assume that more people will focus on them from now on. The question is, are they limited to 2 weeks only like the Sky Pirates or do we have more time to get them done?

Leo Paul.1659

Awesome! Thanks Dulfy.

sky pirate light armor looks awesome! if anything, it’s the heavy set that looks stupid.

but female characters got crappy versions of the awesome skins. i feel bad for female players, always feels like their skins are kinda crappy when compared to the male version. i bet they all play asuras to counter that :P

Yea sorry I meant the female sky pirate light armor. I mean when I saw it I almost barfed.

dulfy.1493

26 achievements, some will take while to complete and we can assume that more people will focus on them from now on. The question is, are they limited to 2 weeks only like the Sky Pirates or do we have more time to get them done?

26 achievements is alot but most of them can be done fairly quickly. You can pretty knockout most of them on day 1 except for maybe

• Lessons from the Sky (depends if you follow a guide or not)
  • Like Clockwork (will take 8 days to complete)
  • Sanctum Sprinter (depends on your opponent’s level but you should come out first place in say 15 matches).

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

The ugly part is the skin as always are the same for plate medium and light.

Why plate user have always to enjoy new skin and medium light users have to adapt?

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Skins

Dulfy, a question: is it me, or does the Zenith shortbow and staff’s animations change slightly when you use a skill? It looks like the green glow becomes somewhat orange.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

BrunoBRS.5178

Skins

Dulfy, a question: is it me, or does the Zenith shortbow and staff’s animations change slightly when you use a skill? It looks like the green glow becomes somewhat orange.

they “charge” and spark, yes. pretty awesome.

BrunoBRS.5178

That seems like what they meant yes

shame. i mean, i understand why they don’t want you to have everything easily unlocked, but at the same time, it feels like you’ll never get everything unlocked because as you progress your achievement score, more rewards to choose will appear.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

well something interesting to read meanwhile WvW is all about lag and a idiotic 2v1 weekend.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

For every 500 achievement points do you gain more gold and more laurels than the previous 500 tier?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the full guide. Apologies.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

dulfy.1493

Skins

Yup, most noticeable in the shortbow, staff is a bit hard to see but is there. Dagger/pistol didn’t see it so much.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the excellent preview, dulfy!

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Thanks for the infos Dulfy. Appreciate the guides and vids.