Charged Quartz Crystal

Charged Quartz Crystal

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Whats behind the decision to make these a one a day thing?

To my knowledge, the main use for these are for the celestial items which are all account bound. Its not like there’ll be a flooding of the TP market because…there is no market, theyre account bound.

>.>

Guess ill have to wait a month for my armor to be made.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Buttt..there is a market for them, just because the items you craft themselves are account bound doesn’t mean you can’t buy the crystals to make said item…

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Maybe so people won’t get them all done on the first day and then complain they have nothing left to do?

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

well as far as i know once the bazaar leaves there isn’t a way to get quartz unless you get the node in you’re home instance so quartz won’t be all that common making the one day thing for charged quartz less of an issue

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Horiksson.3410

Horiksson.3410

How long will we be able to do this? With 30 days needed for a full set or armor, will the event even be lasting that long?

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

How long will we be able to do this? With 30 days needed for a full set or armor, will the event even be lasting that long?

well to make them you only need a skill point node to make them, you can collect all the crystals to make the charged crystals in time, i just went ahead and bought them so i had them.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Buttt..there is a market for them, just because the items you craft themselves are account bound doesn’t mean you can’t buy the crystals to make said item…

LOL, the charged crystal itself IS account bound
it doesn’t flood the market, it doesn’t make you any money at all so why this 1 per day crap ?
This is solely aimed at making this game a 1 character player per account only !!!

Hell, I would be happy if it was 5 crystals per day but, one is a bit outrageous even for a time sink style armor.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

There’s a market for the regular quartz. If they weren’t for the charging limit the price of them would be really high. Of course they could just have made quartz more available instead of time gating…

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

LOL, the charged crystal itself IS account bound
it doesn’t flood the market, it doesn’t make you any money at all so why this 1 per day crap ?
This is solely aimed at making this game a 1 character player per account only !!!

Hell, I would be happy if it was 5 crystals per day but, one is a bit outrageous even for a time sink style armor.

I agree on this. It’s part of a very evident, self destructive strategy to make alts and additional character slots pointless. Alts are what have kept me in the game for over 1600 hours, but all these once per account mechanics are making playing more than one or two toons pointless and I can see a parting of the ways between me and the game if they don’t find a way to reverse course on this.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Maybe so people won’t get them all done on the first day and then complain they have nothing left to do?

I could certainly understand the time gating if the crystals or armor pieces were available for sale, but as account bound… I just don’t get the point. And I’ve never heard anyone lament how easy it is to get a set of armor for a character.

We’re not talking about stretching out the life of content in any way, just crafting. That’s just kinda… silly, if you ask me.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Well i think this is the way Anet is going to be releasing new gear from now on. Think about all ascended gear, every single piece is time gated in some way. Either do daily fractals, guild missions, or dailys for laurels. All of them are time gated.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

^ I understand it for ascended to a point, since they wanted that to be introduced more slowly, but this is an exotic armor, so it’s unnecessary.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Yeah i agree. BTW my post was not trying to justify what they were doing just saying this is probably going to be how content is released unfortunately.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown