Good Job Anet

Good Job Anet

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

1) After many tries you managed to strike a balance between rarity, RNG and accessibility for skins acquisition. Hint for players: If you are not going to use gems to buy the kite fortunes, buy stacks of heavy loot bags (or you can farm players in WvW). The drop rates are quite good about 1.4/10 for me and the mats you get can be sold to recoup the cost and sometimes you get lucky and even make a nice profit.
2) I dislike JPs, but I really appreciate that the Labyrinthine is very well designed, the accessible nooks and crannies are neatly hidden despite the small size of the map. The great vantage points from the airships and platforms made me forget about my dislike of JPs. Most importantly for me though is that these are not timed and there are multiple ways of getting to the crystals.
3) Equipment with more stat variety.
4) Catcher skins are good looking imo, compared with Aetherblade monocle and tonic.
5) I generally like content with combat in them but if you are going to a content update without combat, this is the way to do it. I dont really care for Sanctum Sprint and Belcher’s Bluff though.

P.S Much improved after Southsun. However like many others, I had expected the Skyhammer to be in WvW. It seems like a waste for it to be in the smallest part of the game.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Good Job Anet

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I agree, this is my favourite LS episode since Fire and Frost (and in quite a few ways is actually better) with a good variety and puzzles that aren’t about having the twitchiest finger but about being able to think! Also it’s very pretty and I’m quite intrigued by the story already. Good job all round.

Criticisms are relatively few, but I found Belcher’s Bluff pretty tedious as the NPC opponents spam their special abilities entirely too much. I don’t know if this is working as intended or not, and I know that some people have completed all of them … it’s just that I’m not having fun with it. Don’t care about the achievement as there are plenty of ways to reach the target (a massive plus over Aetherblade) but it’s a little bit of a disappointment.

It’s also a touch annoying to have to drop your aspects in order to take part in the various events and then have to pick them up again. There’s at least one spot where taking part in an event (Ice Elemental) will strand you, forcing participants to use a waypoint.

Also insert obligatory “Stop putting stuff in the Obsidian Sanctum” gripe, here. If you want to encourage people to go into WvW then why not put them in the regular areas … maybe put quartz nodes in the borderlands or something. ObSanct is not a decent representation of how much fun WvW can be.

On the whole though, my complaints are minor in the face of such an overwhelmingly fine LS episode; thanks ANet!

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square