Great Job

Great Job

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I think this update is awesome, GREAT JOB! There are some minor bugs, but its great fun. Please post and let the Devs know how great a job their doing. I am excited to see what they add next.

Great Job

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

This is one of the best updates by far, imho it’s as good as Halloween (or better, if it’s possible)

Puzzles, minigames, cool skins, fantastic artwork… this is why I purchased this game, thanks for this update.

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

Great Job

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

While I am vocal about my issues with the aspect skill lag (Oceanic player) I have to agree. Good job Anet!

Great Job

Posted by: unseenone.1463

unseenone.1463

The jump puzzle crystal scavenge stuff was the most fun I have had in any MMO to date.

Great Job

Posted by: Shapeshifter.2815

Shapeshifter.2815

I am finding it hard to concentrate on my work, cause I just want to try ‘again’ for an elusive crystal. I read the review of this when it was upcoming and seriously doubted my ability to participate, but am having so much fun. It is great to view and fun to take part in. Thank you

Great Job

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Really love Labyrinthine Cliffs. Excellent work to whoever on your team designed that. Love using the aspects and pulling off crazy jumps and tricks to get to hard to reach locations. So much fun.

Hunting down the Sky Crystals was some of the most fun I’ve had in a very long time. Excellent fun to do with a friend. I use fun a lot now, I guess you could summarize the content as, fun!

The Sanctum Sprint mini-game is also rather well done, but does have some issues I’d like to see ironed out. Lag mainly, and a rather disturbing map exploit available right at the end, that lets you skip straight up to the winner chest without even crossing the finish line. It also suffers from the typical instanced mini-game issue of not being able to play together with a friend unless you luck out. It would be nice to at least be able to queue up as 2 players so you get into the same instance and can play together.

I’d hope that these things are permanent, but I get a feeling that since we get the Zephyr Sanctum Model, it of course won’t be. If it was always there, why have a little model to view a (low resolution, seriously, it makes it ugly, who did that encoding, what the) video of the place?

On the negative side, I really dislike (even though I personally have no issues with it and find it easy as a WvW player) that Obsidian Sanctum was used in the achievements again. I have no issue with this. I am a WvW player, and I’ve done OS hundreds if not thousands of times. I know the quirks, how to pass choke points when under fire, and so on forth. It’s not a problem for me. But I hate it for the fact that there are those out there who are not WvW-oriented, who may be on servers that can’t keep and capture Keeps in order to even gain access to it. I just find it to be a unfair location to put an achievement in for a limited time event. Permanent stuff, no problem, limited, problem.

Overall though, this was a really great update. Well done, and thumbs and toes up, to the team that worked on this!

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Great Job

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I’d like to add that I think its wonderful as well. I really can’t believe all of the negativity on these forums sometimes. The new zone is gorgeous, but its also great conceptually. I think running up the bridge to the zepher airship was one of the biggest “oh wow” moments I’ve had in any video game since I was a kid. I cant remember the last time i felt such a strong desire to simply explore a video game and ignore tangible progression methods. The new movement types are a lotof fun as well. Its rare that a game can introduce a new mechanic that totally changes your gameplay, and you guys have done it more than once now. The new AP reward scheme is really well done as well… I guess I could go on and on, but just wanted to say I think its great work!

Great Job

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Fabulous update, some really great fun. The bazaar is like a playground to me, and I will absolutely miss the skills you use to reach the various sky crystals.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~