Has the Sanctum Latency been acknowledged?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

I haven’t seen any dev posts on this, it’s such a fun minigame, crippled by intermittent latency on skills, most notably the lightning jump.

Is it that the servers are overloaded, or that we’re being put on servers too far away from us? I’m in England on an EU server, it feels like I’m playing on a server the other side of the planet.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Yep, barely discovered both waypoints, every jump is a death sentence, someone rezzing me but no one to thank to due to NPCs and PCs disappearing from field of view, spent 20 minutes there maybe, not going back anymore.

Underworld EU. Connecting from Poland.

Rest of the world works fine! Awesome.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Nope.

Many MANY threads in tech support and game bugs, far as I can see and the only official word was that ‘swiftness causes you to overshoot’ which is patently wrong as I overshoot almost every pull without so much as a speed trait.

Of course many players in mainland Europe including me have had significant ping rates for weeks and they havn’t been addressed either.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

Of course many players in mainland Europe including me have had significant ping rates for weeks and they havn’t been addressed either.

Alas this was one of those phantom problems in Guild Wars 1, that never got actually acknowledged. Just have to live with it I suppose.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i only undershoot. or it doesn’t activate at all. also levitating in mid air for a few seconds than splatting. XDD

so there’s nothing that can be done on client’s end either?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Is it even possible to solve this kind of problem?
That’s a legit question. I am experiencing this problem as well but I know absolutely nothing about this kind of stuff.
I’m in South America playing on a NA server.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

The annoying part is that they should have been aware of this all the way back from the molten weapons facility. Those “waves” were so out of sync for me it wasn’t funny, the ones that needed to be jumped over I basically had to jump as the wave was being created, not when it was near me, to evade.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

yeh i had the problem :P i did a jump, one moment i saw my char reached the platform, one moment i saw my char hanging in air, next, she is dead on another location higher up. but a guy res my char up from the lowest ground, pretty wierd ya. i blame it to lantency issues. but i notice a huge difference in terms of lags (less lag) since i upgraded my computer. there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. it is frustrating sometimes, but i just snap out of that and do something else and come back. i wish i have better run for the racing mini game tho kept overshoot and undershoot and char sometimes jump up and freeze in the air a few moments then get teleport back to check point. well…. i do not mind still because the game is still fun in other aspect.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

^^ haha, i experience the exact same things it’s kind of crazy sometimes. i would like to be able to play Sanctum Sprint as it was intended, but at this rate, seems like i won’t be doing much of it. ://

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Dunnowhathuh.3198

Dunnowhathuh.3198

It’s almost impossible to do a lot of the content connecting from Oceania way. Playing sanctum sprint with this problem makes it infuriatingly difficult. At this moment, I’d guess they don’t really care about the problem. At least that’s usually the story when there is no official statement on the matter for this length of time. They’d have to have the whole American contingent complaining as well for any action to be taken.

I wonder if it’s even an easy fix though. There’s got to be a lot of back and forth happening connection wise for the game not to register lightning pulls (leaps have their fair share of screwups too) properly. For instance, what the heck is goin on with the lightning towers? You are automatically being jumped from one stationary thing to another. It’s something done purely by the game, there shouldn’t be anything tricky about it and yet, even those are screwy. How in the world did they program those jumps to work?