Issues with sanctum sprint.

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

I can see how it would be a really fun mini-game, akin to roller beetle racing in GW1. However I don’t see myself achieving anything with it as I can’t be competitive at all; everytime I use a skill, I rubber band back to where I first activated it. Alot of people seem to be having the same issue. I don’t have lag issues anywhere else in the game.
Is this being worked on?

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Posted by: OnlyFate.8549

OnlyFate.8549

I have the same idea as OP. Not sure is that because of lag or something else but seems I have lots of rubber band back (e.g. rubber band to mid air when I was jumping through platforms, jumping up cliffs, etc). Also it seems there are lots of lighting from no where. On average I got 5+ hits from lighting and sometimes have 10+ (sometime get hit 3 times within 2-3sec. I dont really think everyone else have the lighting except me. So far I have 10+ races and the experience is not really enjoyable.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I’ve started rubberbanding too after my 15th race (I really didn’t have the issue before the hotfix patch). Didn’t have the issue all till now. Dunno what happened. Definitely is strange.

I can see it occurring to others to, or maybe my whole game decides it wants to rubberband everything on my screen when they use a skill. lol Glad I gave up hope on getting 1st in Sprint anytime soon. xD

Can use the same skills and everything in the Labyrinth and I don’t rubberband at all though. Maybe I was just having bad latency in that certain race room. Maybe it will be better tomorrow.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Akragth.2350

Akragth.2350

I’ve only had issues in the sprint too. It’s really hard to be competitive (or even finish sometimes) with such bad lag.

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’m having the issue only inside the race as well. Both issues in fact; constantly rubberbanding off ledges, and getting hit by lots of lightning with no one around.
I also have yet to get a single ability to actually affect my enemies. I can fire it off right in their back from a few feet and nothing happens.

Posted by: The Ancient.8017

The Ancient.8017

Glad I’m not the only one…

Every time Skill#3 (the lightning jump) changes to be the “auto-jump” (where just using the skill jumps you to the next lightning pillar), 75% of the time its like I rubberband mid-air or a hit a solid wall, causing me to miss the otherwise completely doable “auto-jump”. After spending hours attempting to at least get first sometimes, I have given up. Hopefully Anet fixes this soon; rest of the update is absolutely amazing. Also, this rubber-banding does not occur outside of Sprint, for whatever reason.
In addition to the auto-jump bug, I constantly rubber-band off of cliffs and basically any time I use the Sun-Sprint skill (#2); always causes me to jump back to when I first used it.
Again, wonderful update and would give it 5 stars if it weren’t for this god-awful race…

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

There’s a complete video guide with tips here: http://tinyurl.com/lgxe5z6

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Sometimes when I’m doing a series of lightning jumps I think it registers as falling and resets me at the last checkpoint. Does anyone else have that issue?

Katreyn.4218

Sometimes when I’m doing a series of lightning jumps I think it registers as falling and resets me at the last checkpoint. Does anyone else have that issue?

Yeah I’ve been having that all day. It wasn’t that frequent at first, now it seems to be pretty common. It happens more when you have speed buffs on though, since you seem to overjump despite it shouldn’t be able to do that. :/

I dunno if its just me getting frustrated with the weird issues I have now but it might also be a issue if you like to spam the 3 key with the grapples. :x But I didn’t start doing that until it started resetting me randomly. >.<

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

The issue with lightning pull seems to appear in the open world too, though. Unless that’s how they designed it. But basically I always overshoot by what seems like a ridiculously long distance when trying to aim for very small platforms.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Katreyn.4218

The issue with lightning pull seems to appear in the open world too, though. Unless that’s how they designed it. But basically I always overshoot by what seems like a ridiculously long distance when trying to aim for very small platforms.

Yeah that is the one issue I had with lighting pull was initially in the open world. Just doing the scavenger hunt it happened a lot to me. I brought it up in another thread. But not many people mentioned it.

I just noticed it occuring more in the sprint as well. Thats when the issues with the speed became apparent. But in open world I had nothing on me that increased my speed that should cause an issue.

Hopefully ANet will look into the skill and see if they can make it a bit more accurate. Or at least tell us some scenarios that may be causing it to act up so.